Dragon Sighting

Smmer

hfSrSv1Jdnv3hL9yoOl9soXlMZetH6apyuJsC6nBz41WosVo1E6eqTpxithGaNC8VgiqhHgP4UxEvN3fscRns6yR16OU7IB1Lbxb1kVL7NTHXXGXZED2pQ6-UMAPd6BZX6D2uWldd0Lkz1ivn0rhELY

A hastily-drawn sketch of the dragon.

The date is 14th of The Grand Harvest, year is 143.

Dear whoever finds this missive, 

I have written the following account because it is imperative that this information is publicly known, and is to be believed if we are to ensure let alone prevent disaster from occurring as this land has no true means of protection against the full force of a dragon invasion, for what I saw could topple kingdoms and turn the land to ash. Within one of my longer ventures to the north of Aevos, to collect herbs and flowers for the local healer within Veletz, I was caught off guard at the sight of something I had only seen within the stories my father and mother had read to me when I was little.

I saw a shadow soaring over me, it’s body larger than a carriage, it was then that I looked up the thing was dark-gray, somewhat hard to make out against the clouds as it was to fast to properly make out and to high above the ground so I could not try to get it’s attention even if I wanted to thinking it was all clear in the open I began to move off, when suddenly the beast turned it started nearing the mountains I had just collected flowers and herbs from, ducking under the nearby trees for shelter it was then when I turned around to see where it was going that it vanished into the mountain side which I suspect is where its lair is. I was quite frankly shocked and frozen for a long time… against my better judgment I followed suit. I had only seen these things in fairytales and figured because it seemed to look as if it was  returning to rest now was the only time I could get a closer look at the creature.

For many hours I had to traverse through the rocks and cliff faces of those foothills as I followed, but I thankfully managed to keep my footing along the mountainous terrain eventually finding the right direction and place I had seen the creature fly towards or into with nay an idea what to expect, climbing my way up I could feel the heat, the smell of ash overcoming me as I got nearer and nearer. 

Eventually, after some further exploration of the area I managed to stumble upon an area that was ridden with caves and largely dug out tunnels possibly made by the dragon or some prior inhabitant of the area. The caves and deep snow held a beauty I hadn’t seen before in my life. I wasn’t able to admire this for too long though as I came to look around to the other cliff sides. I was able to see a large cave some distance away from me, perhaps 300 meters from me. I was shocked yet I had actually found what I had followed all the way to those wastes. Inside of the cave, was that large gray beast, slumbering quietly upon something.. Surrounded by what looked like a large plethora of eggs. I managed to get nearer into the cave thankfully I believe it was asleep, though I cannot be certain of this. Additionally, I saw near the mouth of the cave, there were oblong objects strewn about. I could not get a very clear view due to the distance, but if I am to take a guess they were bones and other trophies the thing took as it’s own.

Suddenly I heard a low grumbling roar, it would shake the ground which meant one thing, I had to leave immediately if I was to be able to write about this discovery. I was lucky to have not been seen by it and to still draw breath. I made my way back south, away from all of this. I felt delirious and nauseous over what I found, and the exhaustion that had set in. I hope you read this missive and trust my words for this land is like no other and if we are to ensure its survival we need to rid it of this accursed fiery demon.

I seek aid and assistance, I wish to assemble a group of dragon hunters if such exists to venture forth into the wilds and slay the beast where it rests for I fear that once those eggs hatch we are to late. Please send a bird to Aestrid (smmer) for more details.

(I literally cannot add spoilers on phone but this is a public missive placed around every nation every board i can get my grubby little hands on ur fine to comment publicly)

"I once was an adventurer like you... till the arrow took my knee." The young man states to no one

Grand Prince Maegor of Aeltarys hums.

The eyes of the An-Gho shone brightly as he stared at the missive.