The Final Words of a Priest

Greener

THE FINAL WORDS OF A PRIEST

zKjjVY1qT-RyZbcCmeETlWMK6skRNM7G2euUcO9NbJtneoqY3uEkg9Zm-yAs0yDzqL7Og7fJg3vXLQjla24NBodc2jZSxJE1tBeC7EKKRiDG40nFbIlyEhBm_Kbqn2we10YXqdQcLnAEW5WqqB-3vMU

b0LOj5vJCO4GaKYYuQa6DIj1LmEqapzWWBS0w3_JKQGCBE8kJ-xaKOP3QCRT6EGlUVXv07-ps_vVeAQMv-S4OCwr3g1SS0c3-i4ri81lU8IrW9_K6CmWYdRNJvCxHrMe99y101fEmDo17X6xvj1YxHg

Balianese painting of Cardinal Teodosio of Tyria enjoying a goblet of wine

CMXGdT-tLpTKdDRhWuQgpFY2k2RsR-Q--RXf3Rylj6WScE1NMpcE7-Z9bz4c3weP8-GDGEBDLvDeVI0CE7hGiFURu08YWSpkQ_LkrcpycInxfp4IDJnJhg8K3r_Px0xbbaGOyhz9PNCNkeYNPUowmw0

Dear Friends,

I suppose if you’re reading this I have passed away and now find myself now within the Seven Skies. My health has not been the best in recent years and I spent more time cooped up within my farmstead than doing any duties expected of my position and rank. For that I deeply apologise and hope in my passing you can see I meant no ill will in the neglect of these duties. 

I was a young man living within Atrus when I joined the Priesthood of Owyn and I never expected to achieve what I had. I only wished to serve GOD, and it has been an honour to serve as Cardinal, Bishop and Vice Chancellor of the Church. There’s only a few things I wish to address in this passing note.

To the people of Balian,

Continue to trailblaze a future for yourselves. Build on a legacy that has been forged on years of dedication by your Fathers and Mothers. As a young man in Atrus I found myself in a precarious nation, a nation that didn’t quite understand what it was. I believe now that this is not the case and growing older it has been wonderful to see the growth of the nation and especially the growth of Canondom within it. I forged many lifelong friends with the people of Balian, unfortunately most of them have now also passed. I think ultimately that’s what binds Balian together is the friendship and love for each other. I don’t quite believe there’s another nation within Canondom with such unity for each other. 

Thank you all. It was a pleasure. 

To Canondom and the Church,

As I mentioned previously I never quite expected to find myself in the position I eventually obtained and I thank the peers alongside me that made my duty easier. I hope in my passing someone else from the Church can take up the mantle of running the Church Gala as I took up that mantle from Cardinal Katerina before me. To Canondom as a whole I feel over the past decades great efforts have been made and cooperation between our nations is everso growing stronger. I hope these efforts are not all for nothing and that GODs covenant remains stronger together. 

Again I thank you all.

I must admit as I sit here writing this note it is hard not to get tearful at all. There are so many memories, events and friendships to record down on just a single piece of paper. Maybe one day someone else will write about me… Ha or even open a tavern in my name. I do like my wine. As a final note just remember…

Enjoy life, have fun, love each other and remain ever virtuous.

Yours Faithfully

Teodosio Cardinal Tyria.

Spoiler

OOC: I never thought I would come back to LOTC and stay for another year almost playing again. This character has defintely been one of my favourites to play and I thank everyone in the communities I interacted with over the past year.

Father Tonito lit a candle for his fellow padrecito and took a moment to recognize his own mortality.

High Pontiff Pontian IV welcomed his old friend into the Seven Skies with open arms

Father Arnaud would mourn in reclusion for his fellow Cardinal whom he’d seen as an example and above all a friend, praying for Teodosio’s soul.

Father Stanislaw mourned for the late, wise priest. He speaks a prayer and prepares to hold mass in commemoration of the lost Cardinal. 

“May you find peace in the Seven Skies.” 

Ledicort would smile upon his friend entering the seven skies, at peace that he would see another old friend now.