A Message for my Kinsmen

simpleglitchbro

A Message for My Kinsmen

Spoiler

[!] The writing takes the form of a letter. Sealed behind red wax, held within a simple envelope. At the end of the writing lays a return address, encouraging readers to send their responses.

To my brothers and sisters within the Flame,

You may very well not know my name, I am a fledgling member of the Red Faith, and one that I doubt many of you will find reason to listen to, however I feel that for those few out there who may find guidance somewhere within my web of words, I must say my piece. When the High Keeper asked of me and my sister our paragon choices, I struggled to choose. I had always admired the Wordsmith, and I feel that now, I may be able to see for certain whether the path of the quill is the correct one for me. So to any and all who desire to hear me out, listen well, and with an open mind. Though this may be my first writing, I have been ruminating the ideas in my head for quite longer than I frankly should have.

I would like to begin by bringing forth a prior interpretation of events under the teachings of the Faith. Penned by my very own cousin, this passage attempts to rationalize the suffering and indignations inflicted upon our people by the Mori’Quessir. While I bore no witness to the bloodshed and havoc they had wrought, I believe my perspective as a fresh set of eyes may be invaluable to such an outlook. I believe that if we shift our viewpoints slightly, we may be able to truly stand tall, and our glorious nation may attain a life everlasting for eons to come.

“The All Father’s Warning” makes the claim that the period of darkness in which we were forced to stand against the Mori alone, without the Father’s Flame, was a warning. That we had grown too weak and unworthy of the Dawnlord’s grace, and that in his eternal struggle against the forces of the dark, we had all but abandoned our savior in our own complacency.

My brothers and sisters, I would like to bring you back to the first descension of the All-Father. When all hope had seemingly died, Thoromir Ruricsson Armahnk was visited by the Father himself, carrying his ever burning flame, shining brightly in the night. He guided Thoromir out of the snowstorm, and into a new age for his people, choosing him to be his prophet and the first Keeper of the Red Faith. I ask you, my fellow kinsmen, to compare this situation with that of the Mori’Quessir. My cousin believed that the flame did not appear for us because we were not worthy of it, however, I believe it to be a different reason. The Herald was not visited by the Dawnlord until the time was right, and he was on the brink of death and defeat. He intervened to save his chosen prophet, and to guide him out of the night and into the heat of day. Our people were not yet close enough for him to intervene, I do not believe this to have been a warning, no…I believe it to have been a test.

The question of worthiness was raised within this ruling interpretation, and it’s one I’d like to revisit, and offer my opinion of. I believe that, to be truly worthy of the respect of the All-Father, you must be able to stand tall without his help. Only when you become a force able to stand against the Long Dark, will you be worthy of the greatest ally above all. I believe that, in an effort to test our own worthiness of his grace, the Father decided not to intervene until the situation was desperate. I believe he desired a certain outcome, one that we had accomplished to his liking. He desired us to demonstrate our ability to band together, all descendants, under the shared goal of stopping this encroaching threat. He desired us to cultivate our own Flame, one borne not from his intervention, rather born from our camaraderie and the strength within each and every one of us. A flame that would burn so brightly one might mistake it for the Dawnlord himself. And I believe that we succeeded, and were granted our second chance, a life anew on the land of Solheim. And that is why we named it Solheim, is it not? After so long under the dark caves underneath Nyrheim, we were granted a new land on the surface again, a new home; a brand new light. 

Brothers and sisters, I will not ask you to place your faith within my interpretation of events. After all, I am but a simple Norlander taking note of the things around me. I am not a great man, like my father, nor a stunning intellectual, like my mother. However I ask that you consider my words, for their mere existence may bring some of you to look at the will of the Father in your own ways, and perhaps ignite some of you to bring about your own interpretations as well.

Until that time in which I speak with you yet again, take care my brothers and sisters.

sign.png.3c756c7c60f5f7ef5ec5bbece454e65a.png

Trine furrowed a brow trying to read what her brother wrote "so he can be smart too at times, and not just a smartass." She jested

'The Peacemaker' absolutely read this.

'The Dragonslayer' absolutely did not read this.

Spoiler

[!] A reply sent through mail. The enveloppe is classy, but ink can be seen bleeding through the back

We often seem to forget that the best kind of steel is

IRON

FROM 

ICE

- Enwyld Klirsk