Letter to the Royal Duma: A LILY-LIVERED PARAMOUNT

ReveredOwl

Letter to the Royal Duma:
A LILY-LIVERED PARAMOUNT 

Issued by
Ser Andrik var Ruthern

To the members of the Royal Duma,

I serve as a Knight of the Marian Retinue, one of the last Marian Knights currently left within the Koengzem, thus it is my right to attend and sit in on Knight Table meetings, in truth I attend so that the table would have more than two attendees present. I have attended Knight table meetings for a long while as a Marian Knight and none have took issue with me doing so, I had taken a squire from this meeting and taught them as a Marian Squire, but they would later become a Crow squire after the Retinues reformation.

I am sure you are all aware that Ser Audo Weiss shall soon go through the ritual of the Drowning of the Blades, a ritual that would elevated him to the position of Knight Paramount. A Knight Paramount must have strong conviction, courage and must be able to defend their words with steel. Ser Audo Weiss is a lily-livered imbecile who was just recently demoted in the Brotherhood of Saint Karl for the enslavement of a fellow soldier, amongst other things.

I had previously had altercations with Ser Audo Weiss who has routinely questioned my honour and commitment to the Crown and Koengzem to which I am sworn, I have challenged him to a duel once before only to be met with an abrupt refusal from my fellow Knight; he gave in after public ridicule over such cowardice. Once more have I been slighted by Ser Audo, a Knight who has previously been the subject of great conversation on the Knights Table for cowardice, he claimed that I had dishonoured myself and that I was no true Knight as I refused to sit on the Knights Table, as I am a Marian Knight. Once more did Ser Audo refuse my challenge to duel, but it brings heavier doubt onto his character now that he is to become our next Knight Paramount.

It is my desire for the Royal Duma to summon Ser Audo, before his Drowning of the Blades ritual and question him over his dishonour and cowardice. With a nation in the grip of a constant winter storm and the encroaching threat of the Aaunish and their Veletzian hounds, we can not have a Knight Paramount whose cowardice is so evident, leading the next generation of Knights, lest we end up with a laughable gaggle of lap dogs rather than a pack of ferocious wolves.

Ser Andrik var Ruthern

"Duels are niet to be used as a shield for insubordination, surely." Walter Weiss mused as he read over the missive.

"Ag since when is owning a construct considered slavery?!" He bawked. "They don't even have souls!"

5 minutes ago, SethWolf said:

"Duels are niet to be used as a shield for insubordination, surely." Walter Weiss mused as he read over the missive.

"Ag since when is owning a construct considered slavery?!" He bawked. "They don't even have souls!"

"Duels are often used to those who bring into question the honour of another, which is what he had done when he did that I had dishonoured myself. No Knight Paramount should be refusing a duel." remarked Andrik.

Edited by ReveredOwl

Ser Audo Weiss peered upon the letter by fire-light. At the very least, he supposed, he would not be able to take up as representative next Duma. His tongued clicked at the twists and turns of perception, and a deep frown, even, at something more blatant and yet still his heart yearned to give benefit of the doubt. His single gaze steady over the words. "What honour is there in this?" He muttered to himself, glancing over the insult. With a drumming of his index upon the paper, he took a breath. "How is it that ea borsa by blood ag by arms can be so similar..." He grumbled with an apparent exhaustion.

After some time to muse, to think, he lowered the letter. In all his years of service, he'd never quite been so persistently hounded by one individual - one he could never quite grasp despite his extensions of companionship. For violence and wrath from one brother to another, for the disharmony and failure of brotherhood, there was a time long before that he missed, faded to time and what remained a mere debasement of what once was: a time that could not return with such malice. A purile malice whose words would twist and turn and forgo the cooperation of tongue and mind, that leaned not upon a good heart or reputable soul and not upon resilience and apt restraint. Honour to each man was different; no honour lay or awaited return in jejune motive or retort.

The Weiss folded the copy neatly as his hands would allow, leaving it to the side for the moment.