──────────────

Spoiler

╭────────────────────────────╮

WASTED SUMMER DAYS

╰────────────────────────────╯

(Written by Alamo, aka tcs_tonsils_)

──────────────

[OOC]

Hey! I commissioned Alamo to write a fantastic poem for this PK post.

He’s currently got a fund set up to self-publish his own book, Beyond The Tides!

Help Alamo reach his goal by donating to the cause, and commissioning work from him!

[Support Beyond The Tides now!]

──────────────

Untitled252_20231123124328.png

[!] An old memory of Abraham, Aeldin's summer nights spent watching the shooting stars.

╭────────────────────────────╮

Death outruns the fastest of men, 

Yet, there are some days I still pretend, 

That I shall go on living through lifetimes, 

I get wrapped up in those feelings sometimes. 

To be a Knight meant setting family aside, 

Days spent apart whilst joining siblings in stride. 

To fight to keep those monsters at bay. 

Yet so much has been wasted summer days. 

O’ how I long to see sparkling eyes, 

As I look down at the most innocent of lives 

How I have missed your tender voices 

Now, all that I hear are distant echoes. 

I was the one who stood, ever Faithful,

Never allowing darkness to claim the light, and still, 

What honors did it ever bestow me?

Except, by freezing every time it was snowing.

And while St. Emma preserved everything I was, 

It is not enough for contentment, simply because 

I would give it all to see your smiles, 

And just talk with you for a little while. 

How I would steal the world just to be with you, 

To live the life that all families should 

Just to watch my children grow and play. 

And laugh with every passing day. 

I shall ne’er forgo my love of the Knights, 

But as I watch the stars scatter at night, 

My mind replays the seconds gone by, 

I wonder if my children look at the same sky. 

What good would all memory be, 

If I could not remember them with me, 

I am proud of all that they have become, 

Even if we cannot witness the rising of another sun.

╰────────────────────────────╯

Untitled252_20231123124821.png

[!] A memory of the sunrise under the red trees in Aeldin.

──────────────

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

SER ABRAHAM OTHAN RUTLEGE,

“THE FAITHFUL”

21 SA - 158 SA

(1817 FA - 1954 FA)

RECIPIENT OF THE

Spoiler

SILVER SCALE

Soldiers who partook in

the Haelun’orian conflict.

CROW OF PURIST FAITH

Soldiers who took up arms in the

Anathema of Oren (War of the Wigs).

RIMEVELD SHIELD

Soldiers who defended the

kingdom from the Rimetrolls.

SILVER CROWFOOT

Soldiers who have served for

at least twenty years.

STALWARD SWORD

Soldiers who performed outstanding

and exemplary military service.

──────────────

Spoiler

Hey! Like I said earlier, this piece was created by Alamo (tcs_tonsils_), you should consider checking out his other works on LoTC! If you liked this poem, or if it stirred up any feelings, show your thanks by donating to his gofundme located at the top of this page!  (You could.. also commission him too, that would be cool of you to do! I'm just very grateful )

[TALE OF SER ABRAHAM]       &        [SILVER CROWS ANTHOLOGY]

I wanted this poem to be mostly about Abraham reflecting on his long life, and how he wished he could start over again. With his long service to the BSK and the Knights, he retired too late in life to really enjoy time with his kids.. as they were now grown, moving on, getting married, and raising their kids far from home; an empty nest. Does he regret serving Haense? No, not really. Though, sometimes he would become bitter for his service. He lost his entire right arm in Valwyck fighting against the Soup Demons (Nachezers), nearly lost his foot to a demonic bear made of writhing intestines, almost killed while hunting the skinwalker beast terrorizing Karosgrad, and lost his eye (with a bit of a lobotomy!) while manning Haense's gates during previous conflict. And yet, the line, 'by freezing every time it was snowing', recounts on what he received in return for his unending +70 years of service; his daughters and sons were ridiculed, harassed, and ran off by the very nobles he protected. Abraham did not learn about this until after he retired, with him eventually becoming ridiculed as some 'random old man' or 'dog' now that he no longer wore the uniform. Please keep in mind, this was not a Haense vs Veletz Warclaim death.

──────────────

[OOC]

SCREENSHOTS I MANAGED TO FIND

Spoiler

C3IN01DGjr38qkbanE8X5bSoF25Af_MysatWTrkOx1mRVZp0YqJ5_ig6Th3mRHPSgCXyd9Yl03-TNeDM2bdaGHvFeQUke_hrSk28LrXibFZzdBZZ_mnpf1CC9loegb3NuQr6Q8ny06RMvqTX_uH-9IY

Abraham and Reinhardt guard Sigismund III while he imparts wisdom to Karl.

──────────────

-5zSV8gw5lUFKMfXopeTy0c9ee4iLq7jx83_z27W0giQ-DJ5hDoG5uD_4L7JtuykxgMBYHMDvDaH1MBM7xYwwxU7P_pHryLvsDqPthQXjaZbGcMslKkz7nl6k77hDqnSOdRcTSS5vcl4W50Gji-cOW8

After losing Nugget, Abraham had to hitch a ride with the Paramount.

──────────────

smBlzUhiULeOIKKJ2_G3lbg3Q4tnbt4ph_A5qqqE8dgvw8XlPr487Y8aes9Jz-DF4nT3zG4rIUddpp0hHVxQXFPfXKSjZQ0BAjhhrhQ7BY6NxSBMVBSZChizCvymkddRlkgnJvRHOPUS5cLA8ytZIJw

Someone’s hiding where they aren’t supposed to be!

──────────────

vOHNEQP-ZR6FDuCrBlFulW4bfzqxEyJc86eiyWfqLHwpwfoW1Nrqj53SJIawbhA3oHyzK4TZgZ9aiz4knf_BnJAvUtQSfOpcCTWnUC3HVlgc_zAVm8TxhwVvc5amshsQQDJDBs9nL5v7KkiL0mSHEC4

Toss a coin to the mister!

──────────────

1bXxlufvD2VL4b3QVWIlV1ktdT2rmEYa1cAXTLbbV-9CZWu13TuQl9NSdYzKJ8tKu6WN2bKOZ50FcstgMXI2S7K46ElUw0cqpnT5-FQclCgqcQf6XM_743J5IVSciHjC8zGkIMxBv2ClUG_CTNyketE

The ultimate summit in Cloud Temple.

──────────────

b_lXe0oMjV8ApNE2EpbEaG58XgvjV0Rb6plqQDVsPYAXp_Bh-eYOniHfc4T_Ju3RtKm9txKMInYZYzBqCZZwWosGkiGp_OHYZE9klweCYrZHm_ga6rBUFTJHnqE6mBkFxNHiTuCfI6xYpGGSMqGSpCs

A fond memory of his daughter, Lucia.

──────────────

db_IA-oDpwKZ-S5o7Z2uOcbUUTtlRZ6GgPZY2jZmoxYuYRLYZ22zl237SbptgdfMcTDMcaKSac0AB_Lp0-7BtUOsnX6UWBH1Ic-8lkJ6Pseiw3cTebfjtivhMwUn8NK_QHGZ2dj7ncAmcKq0jvT1Vyc

Abraham, the strongest old man in Karosgrad.

──────────────

4y6kah3c1CREcF0CbkspkpwykKEcriEF3QNgtSnU_v8hADUH4As96v7QkhWJhOQzyiUE1vdKRS24Lbkz38V_R4t9R27Ye1nzv_QqU7QEqYY4TbE1OSoVCADXy8-SbYGczGz3AIM1qvKcadLQHapmDgU

Octodad, enough said.

──────────────

iziYtL1MIdNd9nw8g-eyrayctWpZH3mrV-eeQxf8nEBMQLiaXZcBSvqQ0iIETGU6IW_BZ4y8Y95SG6yk5x7-taxU4HwE0uohJoWlYgJli5ktVheErj6w-bxAmkJmAbovv-abe1P3dVi6uT3jLOjOZo0

I’m not sure I’m comfortable about this comment..?

──────────────

00Z_7Jf_EWBwy8ECKkPccm7BWt-oJI4hAq8ZF2onwzmqzznvnO3skwVo6DM1QdWxBX_ZX1trX6biyx00va8dc2NC-_YNszwCXbNojpmoL1rHjXGnAgD36y22rxiYM5fmmvcG9T-UHncZ9WXrojIaMtc

My first attempt to bring bokolos into the server.

──────────────

5p5f0zVTMJyNOXTg8xCQ4i2CkqvE-Hv98UjFEg9LyxJJ9dMaeY0r51QaNKAj49lD48XwfNnOl9N1q6L87ohs2NaXsDbBSVTsAWjl9A2JbR2ybt0EtYnrMeavq-GansLYZ-Ku_SNOwxy1pBd6N8vX9Fs

Crayon Doodle by Zuziee

──────────────

te69VnVEXV2mIbySxqVbbIDAJSTRVxlzUbnj-RRWpi-BkAUVu3YR9lOdKrxNMXkwxR6dHQQbr89mThetgX4e3cStQO-r0IsUMJ60RJTcOZMyMY0wrqKA2WK6qYFnyOayAVx3GAF8ldh_A83CHqVe9ZA

──────────────

dzm_9MkuHgKUtbAhXlbgPS3kiGIEng7Q8CFQZtdJlxf_FXPE_1z3wWeZQYpg006mAB-qP_8ytJi-iecoPXP1TtYtNJnmxRzaT2atkelO3W2PowA-Jp__kGHyRa1nJT0PQ8YN7QjPcb0axnyxGf5VTpA

Taskbar? What taskbar?

──────────────

SKPrkZKmE3Sywu_qnENcmqeiY7KmuYIBJrxenly473HG7ARFuT0oivf-eFWpT70gAuX7gmDS0GQT9TBTvYS4PEMESpIcg9fEhL3CtlxkKH0x04upSptkWf8m-3R3KdyR6lDBbnjTKpqHoGoZfAy_Qcg

Hidden in plain sight! This is honestly one of the best spots facing the entrance.

──────────────

WSLWrvLqZn2km9Mz_lgu9EDy7nhz3oJ5Q3DXXgp1_ZYlaXRnjA7Yw1WnL8gpmxqYoQWQ2MIoYB-0jmTlTFpH7Q_DoTVxAP4h32oWNgbPRDNnEF6LgUOwMH-1DPqsy5rJXs6er9ueQiRRqtklvC-ha9c

Beta during a transition map, I think the command was /ahoy?

──────────────

Thanks for letting me play Abraham with y'all.

I’m sorry that I missed the chance to fully play him in his later years.

FOXDE7Fd2T3RwVTcmv57Ll36EQ9-9fEyHNyCHfJtWMlJkv5jQ7bTa3WKdytfTrDWUz2KZog1Z1vzkT69SJ9SHgYSKewLNxw1gtcEfausJIkLsy7qmCKFoHYYxXWkoUKipcdtrXAtSL41ChB6eNIhf7I

[!] A depiction of Ser Abraham and Nugget.