[Accepted] Isle of Nevaehlen Realm Application

Candle

MC Name:  Anakaona
RP Name: Eva
ID: 78330

077cf319bd6bdba468eeab920aa187c0.jpg

1 hour ago, Mady said:

I’d be tempted to join my fellow former Nevaehlan crew but I respect the wishes of the creators of the realm and their wish that Nevaehlan be put away and for a new and unique culture to be created instead of reusing theirs. . .especially with all the historical inaccuracy within the app itself please at least give credit to the creators for all the hard work they’ve put in. 

Tavalicious
Caius

wiped due to new rules on war participation & realms - my realm is veletz

On another note, the inaccuracies and the lore written purely from a biased and singular POV isn't cool or appreciated whatsoever. There were many that contributed to its highs and its lows, and then some. No matter your opinions about us all, you could at least of acknowledged the time and effort others put in. If this was a forum post written in a RP viewpoint, fair enough, but it isn't. It's a realm application written out of character.

At the end of the day, I have no issues with the realm getting created, but the way the application was written I do take issue with.

This is a realm application.

Previous comments that need to be hidden are hidden and punishments have/will be given out if this thread turns into a bicker fest. Comments that are still up as of this being posted will stay up please take any further issue somewhere else other than this thread civilly. 

Who gave you permission to re-use @Voxy's, Leanna's and my builds?

The build is to be cleared from the map, according to admins.

do not build on this server if your attitude is that people should have to world edit out your stuff when you are done using it. reclaiming an abandoned build is absolutely fair game and has been through the entire history of the server. you agreed to it when you put the city on top of the map - knowing that map and everything in it is a roleplay setting that you have no singular ownership of

46 minutes ago, monkeypoacher said:

do not build on this server if your attitude is that people should have to world edit out your stuff when you are done using it. reclaiming an abandoned build is absolutely fair game and has been through the entire history of the server. you agreed to it when you put the city on top of the map - knowing that map and everything in it is a roleplay setting that you have no singular ownership of

They're actively reusing it on their build server individually. 

JhOyCCV.jpeg

bzYrtmE.jpeg

In that case, it's Voxy's builds. In any case it is a matter of respect to at least ask - Carol did so too. And nobody cared after she did!

8 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

JhOyCCV.jpeg

bzYrtmE.jpeg

In that case, it's Voxy's builds. In any case it is a matter of respect to at least ask - Carol did so too. And nobody cared after she did!

ah i see

it would have been polite to ask i suppose but i don't get the actual harm of building overgrowth onto someone else's build on a separate private server. i think what i said still holds. they are not copying it to use in some unrelated project, they are transforming the build through roleplay (or trying to) which is explicitly allowed. you have to do that somewhere 

MC Name: Amayonnaise

RP Name: Avyndriel Vaeloryïs

Persona ID: 21173

---

2 hours ago, Laeonathan said:

The current Talar'nor on the main LotC Server has not been broken down to ruins as has been done in the past on previous maps. I'm not sure why, as I've been on hiatus for a little bit due to an IRL move, and only recently returned.

The images in this realm app are purely an example of what the finished product will become, as Candle wrote they are "Examples". I have to agree with @monkeypoacher, once a build is on the server and abandoned, you can't really complain that another group wishes to claim the remains. I would have thought the idea of Druids reclaiming a lost city would simply add to roleplay and not only possibly create new tensions with other cities, but also provide a whole new array of ST Events and Eventlines for the server to partake in.

If the Admins would like to break the region down into ruins before a proper build is begun, I am sure our community would not mind that happening? I cannot speak for the Nevaehlen community, but I am certain a middle ground can easily be found here!

MC Name: Hyperdron
RP Name: Av
Persona ID: 73751

I am not signing but I would like to give a comment / character witness. I have seen Candledragon grinding incredibly hard in old vale usually by themselves just to keep things alive. My rp interactions with them have been of great quality and they have been a real pleasure oocly as well. I have full confidence that they have the competence and gumption needed to make a settlement work and survive on lotc. 

A word, put more in the history (not that it’s enough- but possibly references; maybe a post- unless my glasses are blurry and I’m missing it.) 

I have a strong belief that Candle is a good fit, like many of my friends state she’s been grinding for the vale in her own corner- and in role-play many of those close to her have shared their witnesses to her character being a big contributor to the Naevelehn. (yes I spelt it wrong I- I can’t get right) 

On the topic of builds, I personally do not build however if there is a build that has been made by someone else- one should ask (even if it’s left behind anyways!) It’s courtesy and assurance on a ooc level to ask- so that if someone else tries to accuse any one of stealing, It can be dismissed quick!

(my 2 cents gamers gl with the settlement app candle! <3)