The Will of the Sorcerers

A Contest of Wills

When The Spirit Corrupts and Destroys the People

Penned by Isabella Sanz

By the Will of the Three Mysteries, 

I have been set on the Eternal Pursuit once more, at long last. I know my own faith well, well enough to know when my spirit has become corrupt. And by the old proverbs of Fahrazad the Great, those corrupt of spirit destroy the people. Those who destroy the people shall be destroyed. So it is the same with any man, so it is the same with the Void, so it is the same with me. The magi untamed is dangerous. I do not fear any of these Truths, for I understand them intimately. The Great Paradox teaches that to be a master, is to be an eternal student. The more you learn, the more questions you must ask.  My people are my flesh and blood, we are apprentice and master, one and the same. They are not my citizens, they are my kin. This is the way of the Sorcerous Path, for the bond of apprentice and master is sacred, more than the blood of son and father. 

In the very same way that we are charged to bind the will of our people to a common cause, so too is it their noble duty to enthrall their leaders to serve them justly. I have been blessed to find myself amongst those who will not allow me to be content with failure, and force me to achieve greatness by my own merit. The people of Hohkmat came to me and spoke reason. Closest allies and furthest strangers have combated me fiercely with the diverse views necessary to give myself clear vision. With each step I take my will is not broken; it is re forged anew, again and again. And so it shall be until the end of my days.

I REFUSE TO STAGNATE LIKE A POND THAT OFFERS NO REFRESHMENT.

I REFUSE TO CRUMBLE ATOP A WEAK FOUNDATION.

I WILL NOT BURN MY ALLIES AS AN UNTAMED FIRE.

I WILL NOT SCATTER INTO A DIRECTIONLESS BREEZE.

To do so would mean to die. Even if my body was alive, it would be a fate worse than being Thaumburned atop the Ziggurat of Hohkmat. If that is what I deserve the Orcs will throw me off a cliff. If I truly am a heretic the Cannonists will wage their holy war on me. And if nothing else, those who seek to challenge me do so at every turn.

Instead I walk out of the Rex's gate's unscathed, for I learned not to speak in tongue dance and lies, but the simple truth. I destroy the Darkspawn and the Demon with the Cannonists I've known so long that they are my family. I invent new devices to improve the daily lives of the Petrans who have been my friends since we arrived on Aevos. 

AND SO IT SHALL BE.

UNTIL I AM KILLED FOR THE ULTIMATE FAILURE. THE ONE I CAN NEVER LEARN AND RECOVER FROM. 

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED TO THE CHALLENGE, AND I SHALL RISE TO THE OCCASION. 

Now hear me speak the Truth. My intentions and desires, plain and simple for all to see. I will call upon the greatest minds and highest authorities of all the realms. I will listen to them and hear. I will tongue dance in  the courts and shed blood on the battlefield until peace is achieved for all of us. I bid all those who wish to do the same to find me. I cannot find you all, for I am but one woman, stuck in my Chambers with no one to talk to. Let us start simple then.

Does Krugmar spill wanton blood on the sands for what little material they have to gain for themselves, be it stone, water or slaves? Or have they claimed their rightful place in the dunes, their sovereignty encroached on by aggressors who's citizens seek to suffer under perpetual conflict under unenlightened masters? 

If we are to spill our children's blood, let it not be for nothing. Let us remember together what we all fight for, and secure our futures with deeds and action. Grand Magister Fatebinder has called for Ritual Kaggath on the Orcs, in the language of the Hakad. 

I speak to the rest of you in the language of the Humans, of the tongue dance. The official challenge to the Rex for Kaggath will be at a mutually agreeable location in the desert. The size should not exceed 100 warriors. The terms of victory and defeat discussed in person. Fatebinder has assigned me to serve as Representative in this challenge, and the Hakad’s Chosen Champion’s will rally under my banner as the leader in this fight. At the heart of this matter lies the strength of the Rex's request of the Hakad, however the details of spoils for the victor are to be discussed in person. 

IT IS WOVEN

Isabella Sanz, Vizier of the Chamber of Wind

OOC Disclaimer: 10 v 10 CRP Time/Date to be determined by availability.

OOC: unlimited spectators...and side duels welcome.  Keep in mind large scale CRP takes a lot of time and will require emotes to kept in W if we don't want this to take 5 hours...if accepted. 

2 minutes ago, Minuvas said:

we don't want this to take 5 hours...

Spoiler

10 voidal mages vs 10 orcs

image.png?ex=65a80750&is=65959250&hm=967

9 minutes ago, Minuvas said:

if we don't want this to take 5 hours

Spoiler

lower it to 5v5 or you want this to take less than 5 hours

OOC: Yeah let's work it out somewhere other than the forums. 

[specifics somewhat discussed in discord, rp discussion must also take place]