[✓] [Creature Lore] – Cobblebonks, the Road Toads

some excellent lore from lotc's greatest wizard

very nice lore. I am fond of the images and formatting.

rock frog rock frog rock frog rock frog

+1

really interesting lore!

love to see a cute looking creature serve a purpose other than just being cute.

though i am curious... if ST were to make fancy-ore cobblebonks, would they be simply the ore cut into a brick shape, or 'refined' into an ingot/brick like shape? or is the answer both (aka whatever the ST feels like)

Edited by SlitheryC1

10 hours ago, SlitheryC1 said:

really interesting lore!

love to see a cute looking creature serve a purpose other than just being cute.

though i am curious... if ST were to make fancy-ore cobblebonks, would they be simply the ore cut into a brick shape, or 'refined' intp an ingot/brick like shape? or is the answer both (aka whatever the ST feels like)

I would think, in the event any ST wanted to use bonks for a material gathering event (though I'm not sure how often those happen anymore), it would just be raw ore/crystals.

The square brick shape comes from a colony of bonks all nesting together, wearing their edges into rectangles.

I don't Think you could smelt a frog into an ingot, taking out the ore impurities, and have the frog be still. Alive. But carving/polishing the bonk's rock layer doesn't hurt them, as it's not living tissue. 

So: no naturally formed ingots, yes naturally formed square stones. Yes any ore that can be player signed. Yes to polishing/carving the stone pet bonks for decoration. 

D1 Wizard moment :)

4 hours ago, salamanderfantasy said:

smelt a frog into an ingot,

I wasn't thinking of that up until now. that is definitely being added to the to-do list if these frogs get accepted.

thank you for the response!

4 hours ago, SlitheryC1 said:

I wasn't thinking of that up until now. that is definitely being added to the to-do list if these frogs get accepted.

thank you for the response!

Unfortunately, smelting toads is allowed. Wouldn't make the metal any better than just chiseling it off the toad first, but toad violence is inevitable

silliness aside this is actually really well written and unique lore that could provide interesting rp

common sal W