A CUSTODIAN FOR VALDEV

A CUSTODIAN FOR VALDEV

- 513 E.S. -

Cf2KE74XNwmJBhGqkaN_iaBalFrsZi3Cepc8IMMoTCdOSumwS7AlaeStKsDS62sfrRopvmxUfiwJ80Yyb-CMH1LgCgJM5zNIjuROc329zdkMPH66NrnHE5nLStnPYLd-_Leh_8dHGf2l5YmqBxnTp8Y

[!] This public missive was published throughout Valdev, pinned to any noticeboards and displayed in various major thoroughfares.

To the Crown of Hanseti-Ruska and The Aulic Council,

My name is Ioanna of Ba'as, a humble tavernkeep and part-time steward within your city of Valdev. I publish this missive not to offer criticism of your administrative capabilities or tireless devotion to the people of this kingdom, but merely to make light of a situation that could prove far more beneficial to the citizens of your capital if remedied sooner rather than later.

In the two saint's years since my arrival in your city, I have been approached several times in regards to housing and keys that grant entry to the city itself. Whilst the former is part of my duty as steward, I have had to rely on those in the upper echelons of the kingdom's administration for the latter in the event I am asked to do so. Alongside this, I have noticed that many of the homes and shops that are left abandoned by their previous tenants are often left in a dire state of disrepair and disarray. There are locations within Valdev, likewise, that might be repurposed for the use of the public, but are left forgotten or hidden away behind walls the common people cannot access.

The visibility of the Crown is certainly not lacking, as I am often greeted by the sight of our King and Queen-consort almost every saint's day. But it has become clear to me that the city lacks a central figure around which its administration can revolve. The delegation of duties passed between the various lesser roles of the Aulic Council are a great tangle of confusion that seem to allow certain important areas of maintenance to be left unattended for lengthy periods at a time. And despite their evident-love for their people, I don't believe the King, the Queen, or even their councilors should be made to shepherd that which could be consolidated within a much smaller, much more efficient system.

This is why I beseech the Crown of Haense to consider the reinstatement of the Grand Maer, which in centuries past has acted as the main representative for both the people of the capital and its day-to-day administration. With this important custodian returned to the fold of governing Valdev, I feel you will see vast improvements in many areas that while great, could rise to be even better. And if of course I have been missing the inter-workings of the city's administrative efforts, I would gladly admit fault in my assumptions and have more patience with the efforts of the Crown's representatives and servants.

I hope you will see the value in my suggestion, as this capital has already provided me with much comfort and many more affendi that I hold dear. I pray it shall further thrive in the years to come!

May Saint Tobias guide your path,

IOANNA OF BA'AS

"AFFIRMED. LONG has the machine of Bureaucracy needed to be oiled. May the great COG of PROGRESS be greased so we may all know the Glory of the State of LIGHT"

The machinepriest waved a gearstaff fervantly