Children of the Orc King

Konichi'ug, I am looking to expand Grommash's family by three children. I would like people to lay our their ideas for the characters, names, backgrounds, personalities etc. The most interesting ones will be selected and you can do as you like with the character, ideally you create some interesting story lines and make some interesting dynamic rp.

I think it is boring to give characters people you know / are friends with OOCly, and I think it is generally more interesting and chaotic to give new players and players who have not really experienced leadership avenues to access that upper level of LOTC content / national rp. I'm not really a fan of romance RP so I will be following the ancient Narthok tradition of using NPC wives. As a consequence there will be no mother PC for the child characters to interact with. 

For some colour. Grommash is a relatively young Orc (still under 30) who was thrust into the role of Rex by his predecessor the Ologarch (olog rex). He has managed to expand the horde and reform many of its institutions, while navigating the Horde through a brutal war that has seen many of its warriors die. While Grommash was raised by the elders to revere the path of Krug and to use discipline and willpower to suppress the Orcish curse that rages within him, he has begun to question to value of the path of Krug and has been tortured by mysterious dreams tempting him to 'embrace the gift of the orcs' (give in to the curse).

You have complete creative freedom  over char name, race, gender, backstory etc. If you want to larp as an adopted child, half orc half x etc, entirely your prerogative. All I ask is that people make something interesting. There is the expectation that you will be at minimum semi active on the character as I would actually like to interact with it and build storylines off of it.

At the end of the day I will choose the character suggestions / storylines that I find most interesting.

Character Name:
Character Looks: (description or skin are fine)
Character Backstory / personality etc:

Perhaps….

I wish to play as Grom'aglûp, Grommash's merchant son who uses his large nose to sniff out the finest wares to grow his father's fat money-sac. His character flaw is his homosexuality, a taboo in the orcish kingdom as it does not often result in offspring.

Character Name:  Can be decided later by Grommash/momo NPC
Character Looks: A fe-uruk with gold-decorated dreads & skin marred by scars and ritualistic tattoos. Unsure of what color she'd be; could re-use purpleorc or make another skin.
Character Backstory / personality etc: Driven less toward political/martial power and more toward Shamanism, seeks a spiritual golden age of Krugmar. Rest would develop as she & her siblings age.

(one material gains-driven kid, one war-driven kid, and one spiritual gains-driven kid would be sick)

2 hours ago, Jihnyny said:

@esterhasenot a taboo bro, we had gay rexes

They say Krug was cursed with tusks and green skin because he violated the natural order this way.

4 hours ago, esterhase said:

His character flaw is his homosexuality, a taboo in the orcish kingdom as it does not often result in offspring.

its not taboo, its your only option.
feorcs don't exist.

Character Name: Xade'nash
Character Looks: FeOrc, Turquoise skin, blue black hair in a single braid, elvish ears, Short for an Orc as her mother was a dark elf.
Character Backstory / personality etc: It was widely known Grom has a soft spot for dark Elf's.
Xade'nash's existence was created in a Romeo and Juliet situation a true love story, as her birth resulted in the death of her mother.
She should not exist, yet she does! an abomination to some or a one of a kind to others as there is nothing like her in existence.
She behaves like a spoiled brat, expects to be treated like the princess she believes is and will throw a temper tantrum when she doesn't get her way.

*If chosen I will pk Vusha and use that persona slot (as I'm limited) then will re design a skin as written above.

Character Name:

Gholug

Character Looks:

vT4qvrp5THzwi93oin3lHAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.pn

Gholug bears swamp-green skin, and a missing eye. Beyond that, he resembles any other orc - save his distinctive lack of hair. (I will have to work out a skin).

War is black. War is pitch. War is when the hollow bones of men meet the iron bones of the earth and break.

Born and raised during war, Gholug bears a violent and tetchy personality. Being, by this point, nearly a man, Gholug carries hard the memories of defeat and humiliation on the battlefield - and the lance of the Haenser who took his eye, bearing the standard of the Church.

Gholug holds an innate disdain for magicians. Though he respects and worships the Spirits, his mind has always eventually travelled lied elsewhere during rituals; he is not scarred by the battlefield, but instead moulded. Consequently, the curse of Iblees has a great hold over his soul. He is easy to provoke, and has no understanding of the finer subtleties of the elven, dwarven or human courts. He is not stupid - if anything, Gholug is too clever for his own good, having quickly (in his mind) attributed the many losses during the war to his father, Grommash. To the two of them, the war is a source of great tension; Gholug, having lost his eye in one of the lost battles, finds the humiliation of having lost to the unmanly Haensers unbearable, and blames his father for the loss of his eye. Beyond the war, Gholug is as any normal son; respectful and deferring to his father, but not loving. Not quite.

On 2/3/2024 at 7:14 PM, Xade said:

Character Name: Xade'nash
Character Looks: FeOrc, Turquoise skin, blue black hair in a single braid, elvish ears, Short for an Orc as her mother was a dark elf.
Character Backstory / personality etc: It was widely known Grom has a soft spot for dark Elf's.
Xade'nash's existence was created in a Romeo and Juliet situation a true love story, as her birth resulted in the death of her mother.
She should not exist, yet she does! an abomination to some or a one of a kind to others as there is nothing like her in existence.
She behaves like a spoiled brat, expects to be treated like the princess she believes is and will throw a temper tantrum when she doesn't get her way.

*If chosen I will pk Vusha and use that persona slot (as I'm limited) then will re design a skin as written above.

On 2/6/2024 at 1:43 PM, satinkira said:

Character Name:

Gholug

Character Looks:

vT4qvrp5THzwi93oin3lHAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.pn

Gholug bears swamp-green skin, and a missing eye. Beyond that, he resembles any other orc - save his distinctive lack of hair. (I will have to work out a skin).

War is black. War is pitch. War is when the hollow bones of men meet the iron bones of the earth and break.

Born and raised during war, Gholug bears a violent and tetchy personality. Being, by this point, nearly a man, Gholug carries hard the memories of defeat and humiliation on the battlefield - and the lance of the Haenser who took his eye, bearing the standard of the Church.

Gholug holds an innate disdain for magicians. Though he respects and worships the Spirits, his mind has always eventually travelled lied elsewhere during rituals; he is not scarred by the battlefield, but instead moulded. Consequently, the curse of Iblees has a great hold over his soul. He is easy to provoke, and has no understanding of the finer subtleties of the elven, dwarven or human courts. He is not stupid - if anything, Gholug is too clever for his own good, having quickly (in his mind) attributed the many losses during the war to his father, Grommash. To the two of them, the war is a source of great tension; Gholug, having lost his eye in one of the lost battles, finds the humiliation of having lost to the unmanly Haensers unbearable, and blames his father for the loss of his eye. Beyond the war, Gholug is as any normal son; respectful and deferring to his father, but not loving. Not quite.

On 2/3/2024 at 3:05 PM, TreeSmoothie said:

Character Name:  Can be decided later by Grommash/momo NPC
Character Looks: A fe-uruk with gold-decorated dreads & skin marred by scars and ritualistic tattoos. Unsure of what color she'd be; could re-use purpleorc or make another skin.
Character Backstory / personality etc: Driven less toward political/martial power and more toward Shamanism, seeks a spiritual golden age of Krugmar. Rest would develop as she & her siblings age.

(one material gains-driven kid, one war-driven kid, and one spiritual gains-driven kid would be sick)

((accepted going to throw up a post