ADDRESSING ORCISH AGGRESSION

Boknice275

Bp_VPGQrFD7H24YXsEupwLHc9hArKsXE2DTO_UjZGZ_GJrI0mc2XmwddLAk59DapQi9BtYZVSbn5PQhjd8unWPpGVQBypK9rNoU4Le5AXijohehCBZ7NT4gdCjGNjNPhnUhJrPwUoUmN0D3TrnKPfrc

City-State of Rah’tuma

Official Decree of Pharaoh Atemu-Ta, Lord of the Sands, Voice of the Gods, leader of the Rah’mun peoples

https://lh7-us.googleusercontent.com/fpqR1eZceCU_E6UFj8o01dGOITGzL2tkT6apCRGmsGEfV-RUmSrmGFAoX6-AFSDzK54sulDH6FDOaxxOZUGrWzSECnkc-AmeECmBqcvUpiRvWv6kc0RZdWrie30bDCBsXJquK7zf_tgiXAF1wexDpJE

[!] The following missive is distributed throughout the lands of Aevos by eager Rah’mun couriers. Copies can be found in taverns, on walls, scattered throughout city streets, and other places of high traffic. The missive is marked by a wax seal which bears a curved Ankh cross at its center. Upon opening it, the following is seen.

Leh-iy all denizens of Aevos. I am Pharaoh Atemu-Ta of Rah’tuma. I write this missive with the ambition of informing the denizens of these lands of the abuses, and continued threats, my people continue to undergo at the hands of the Urukium of Krugmar. I write both in my capacity as Pharaoh, charged with upholding the spiritual law of Ka’tau, and my position as a truth-teller, duty bound to ensure falsehood and deceit are forever dispelled.

Over the past few days an ambassador of the “Shaman Lodge” named Grothzark’Dom in the Iron Horde visited Rah’tuma to speak with me and my people about our alleged “violations.” Despite the tense relationships between my people and the orcs, I eagerly agreed to meet with him in the library of Te’uth, for I value peace and cooperation over needless bickering. Prince Atum, my son, Imhotep, the commander of Rah’tuma’s armed forces, Netjer Rakhnar, a priest in Rah’tuma, all witnessed the following series of events as they were present for this meeting.

Grothzark explained to us that the Motsham of the Iron Horde, Madoc’Lur, demanded that our priests register with his “Shaman Lodge” organization due to the spiritualist nature of Rah’tuma’s religion. He elaborated that the Motsham was preparing to make a pronouncement that any non-registered priests - shamans, in his words - will be hunted down and executed by orc assassination squads, even if they are in foreign lands that do not belong to the Iron Horde. In an effort of good faith and understanding, I asked Grothzark to elaborate on what he meant several times. I specifically asked if the Motsham was threatening to send his men to kill Rah’mun priests and practitioners of Heka who did not join his organization, including me. I also asked if the Motsham would send men to raid and attack our city if we used to comply. 

His answer to all of those questions was “yes,” and that the only way to avoid such a fate is by complying with the Motsham, and by association the Rex’s, demands for absolute subservience. A foul statement which is absurd on it’s face - and yet, this demand was made of us. Grothzark also implied that if I obeyed the Motsham's orders, the Rex would let my people return to our spiritual homelands in the Desert to act as a "defense" against a future Hyspian invasion. In other words, they sought to coerce the people of Rah'tuma into being a useful serf for the Rexdom's interests at the expense of our own values. Foul.

I firmly rejected this advance and promised to defend my people should orc raids happen, and it is my suspicion that this sentiment has left me and my people in the crosshairs of danger. The truth is, the Iron Horde wishes to maintain a iron-fisted monopoly over all forms of spiritual religious worship. This is about satisfying a lust for power and little more. It is Isfetian to the core.

Imagine, dear reader, a foreign ambassador walking into the throne room of the King of Aaun and demanding an alliance with him with the threat of killing him, his family, and his court if he does not comply. It would be seen as an act of war. That is the equivalent of what happened to me, and it is little more than the latest example of aggression and barbarism from the orcs to the people of Rah’tuma. 

The Motsham Madoc’Lur, and by extension the Iron Horde, is threatening to war against sovereign nations merely because their spiritualists will not bow to his whim. This should outrage everyone. What right does he have to do that? None. And at a time when the Iron Horde is under threat of Coalition attack for kidnapping King Alexander, it is a bold move for them to act so brash towards innocent, sovereign peoples. 

The truth about orcish aggression against my people must be spoken - even if some within Krugmar will take this for vain complaining. When my people inhabited the Iron Horde, we did everything asked of us as residents. We assimilated, spoke the language, undertook Orcish norms and customs, and even paid tribute. Despite our obedience to orcish customs, Rah’muns in Krugmar were harassed, tossed around, and harmed on several occasions under the leadership of Rex Kybal. When I spoke out against this behavior, I was accused of not understanding orc culture, called a “twiggie,” and attacked myself numerous time. I resided in the Horde, but I was and always shall be a Rah’mun at heart, so I did not seek to draw blood against other orcs without just cause. For this, I was called weak and continually abused by them. 

The tipping point come to a head when I returned to the Iron Horde after fighting a battle against the An-Gho and his men, in which several of my own men died. Madoc’lur and Grimruk’lur, two orcs who were displeased with my performance at the battle, worried more about the deaths of the two orcs who voluntarily joined my effort and not my own people. For my “failure,” the Motsham Madoc claimed to kill me if I lost another battle, and Grimruk brutalized me while I was wounded, and taunted me to stand up and fight back. 

This mistreatment continued until I was thrown into the arena, battered and bruised, and continually pummeled by Grimruk, incapable of fighting. Madoc and others stood by and cheered for this barbarism. An ally of mine intervened to help me, and he was brutally beheaded by Grimruk. At this point I asked the orcs of Krugmar to release me and my sister, Meret-Pa, so that us and our people could live in exile, away from this brutality.

They refused. And instead, they presented me with the head of my fallen ally and told Meret that she was to become a slave under the Akaal banner, under the threat of death if I ever disobeyed an order from the Iron Horde. My sister, who was a Netjer (priestess) of Ahura-ma the Rah’mun Goddess of Freedom, would never accept such a fate. Within an instant, she took her own life.

My sister was all I had in this world. And they took her from me, and then tried to take my life shortly thereafter. They failed, and for killing another orc in self-defense, I was brandished a traitor and a “whitewash.” I buried her with my own hands - with no help - and I could not even do so properly. That is the extent Orcish oppression against my people, and Motsham Madoc is trying to continue the cycle. It will not continue. 

In the present day, Rex Grommash promised all past crimes would be automatically forgiven, no matter the source or cause. This was welcomed news to me and upon hearing it I immediately attempted to establish diplomatic relations with the current Rex. And yet, despite having no personal issues or disputes with Grommash, and being guaranteed protection from the Motsham during my time in the horde for Shaman Lodge meetings, the Rex has not acted honorably. Grommash threatened to kill me - and took out his warhammer - in response to me greeting him after the first inaugural Shaman Lodge meeting. He spoke clearly - he does not like me, and would kill me if I said another word to him. Despite the historical and present abuse me and my people have suffered at the hands of the orcs, Madoc and his ambassador seek to force us to stay in the Lodge. That is akin to asking a slave to remain with his master after he has gained freedom. That will not happen - ever again.

I have conferred with Lady Hesthor, the Rah’mun Goddess of purity, and Tetu, the Rah’mun God of civilizational defense, and both have expressed to me their desire for Rah’tuma to remain pure and free from these Isfetian ties. So in this moment I, Pharaoh Atemu-Ta, resonant messenger of the Gods, declare the following:

Atet-pa: No Netjer (priest) in Rah’tuma shall have any involvement in the “Shaman Lodge” or any organization located in, or affiliated with, the Iron Horde until further notice.

Ket-ah: The Shaman Lodge will be considered hostile to the people of Rah’tuma, and its members will be denied entry into Rah’tuma unless given express permission by the Vizier or the Pharaoh.

Nek-ate: Members of the Iron Horde’s leadership, including the Motsham, will be barred from entering Rah’tuma, and Rah’muns are banished from speaking or consorting with them.

So long as orcish aggression continues unchecked, all Aevosians are in danger. Rah’tuma is a reasonable civilization and we will always seek negotiations in the future if possible, but for now these measures are the only feasible way to safeguard our civilization. We hope the civilizations of Aevos will take this information and use it to inform their future dealings with the Iron Horde, the Shaman Lodge, and all of their affiliated organizations.

Em-shemensu to you all. Imhotep - may you all live in peace.

Signed,

W01WdCn0mM6ikwrcuxnq4AkBqghGsdaGU8mlHfta55V3sOJd0rJGhcxI4FbKVG8ViRJ2F52MWlp_I-l86Zk9I692IsZx4fYrPzS4SsefAe47YwApsuGX2f2qPQNgDLoN8MhpXiyWcPleaTc3Y33MjIs

"Zo . . ." Nahtl murmured, lowering her horned head directly in front of the paper stapled to the board.

"Wi flat Nor'azath next, yub? Zkah'in fayke zhomoz agh week bodiez," the orcess sneered, grasping the paper between her thumb and forefinger to tear down. "Nub hav kunnection tu zpiridz - agh latz mizznayme dem, tuu! Aztran is nub Ra! AZTRAN IZ NUB RA!" the, very zealous, Aztran worshipper cried.

13 minutes ago, Narthok said:

This Blogpost is too long for Grommash to read and it is composed in an ugly font. Please provide Grommash with a summary

A convenient musin in the walls read it to the Rex in a trimmed down format “They dont want to join the shaman lodge registry and say the whole realm is in danger when this is between them and the lodge at heart. Banned shaman lodge members from entering their vassal and from his citizens to even speak to one.” Spuds then went quiet as he finished his little speech he probably didn’t get fully right

Kezmur, knowing every single nation on Aevos routinely checks for darkspawns,demons and voidals, and knowing that the shamans provide the most harmless testing out of any group, and also knowing the shaman lodge are the only people in entire desert who are trying to stop the constant darkspawn swarm, does not care. 

6 minutes ago, Turbo_Dog said:

A convenient musin in the walls read it to the Rex in a trimmed down format “They dont want to join the shaman lodge registry and say the whole realm is in danger when this is between them and the lodge at heart. Banned shaman lodge members from entering their vassal and from his citizens to even speak to one.” Spuds then went quiet as he finished his little speech he probably didn’t get fully right

Grommash would thank the helpful Musin, as usual the perfidy of the egyptian elves had prompted them to be annoying. Surely their manufactured hysteria could not be because they were all in cahoots with the demons he would think to himself. This weird elf chieftain had always whined to Grommash about 'Human rights' before he had received a well deserved banishment from the lands of the Horde. Perhaps the excessive cavorting with the ruinous powers had rotted the mind of the elf piast further than usual. Grommash was not sure.

Nontheless he directed his goofiest jester Goblin to send his disrespects to the seething author of the missive

9 minutes ago, Narthok said:

Grommash would thank the helpful Musin

Spuds nodded to the Rex as he disappeared back to his goblin town mossy cave system he called home

Rakhnar, sensing the sheer about of uninterest in the missive in Krugmar, spreads them even more. They appear on every hut, upon the bridge leading to the gate, on the signposts directing travelers through the desert, and even in the city-state of Sulianpoli. With any luck, a few orcs might even die of boredom trying to read them.

A grin would appear on the Motshams face, as the final pieces that he waited for all fell into place. Having finished reading the missive, he walked out from the Lodge and went to search for the Targoth to spread the good news. 

Gusiam, just before his shrines.. devoid of anyone about him, would read the missive in at initally curiosity, then only a frown had formed around his face. Taking what few second to fold the missive as he had pondered both the actions between the Lodge and Rah’tuma. The shamans eyes looked to his own missive, one he'd planned for more aspiring shamans. But one question dwelled in his mind. 

"Does this mean..those who try to teach, will have those aspiring to become future aid to the spirits, are ment to be assassinated?" The horned ker would say. before looking before the shrine just ahead. His thoughts then finalized such conclusive reasoning.

"Hrm, both have their reasons, but their Faults as well... Krug should not of claimed of killing Forign deligations with no care, especally after their incident with that human king... Adding more enemies, even spiritualist enemies will only draw the power of the spirits ever thinner. Especally if more shamans end up in Stargush’Stroh... Yet for the those of Rah'tuma should of also not rushed such claims... at least, not without allies... Then again i do not know of theirs.... Spirits, the prophcy of the great wagh is slowly drawing closer... with swords and spears pointed at eachothers throats. If we are to avoid such blood.. words must prevail."

The shaman would claim. Before gus would be ready to get his next walk ready. To traverse the realms in search of any answers, or any chance such death could be avoided. As only one faction prevails when decendents fight eachother.

56 minutes ago, GrenadierGaming said:

Rakhnar, sensing the sheer about of uninterest in the missive in Krugmar, spreads them even more. They appear on every hut, upon the bridge leading to the gate, on the signposts directing travelers through the desert, and even in the city-state of Sulianpoli. With any luck, a few orcs might even die of boredom trying to read them.

As Debb emerged from his tent into the cool morning air, the campsite by Hyspia greeted him with a sense of tranquility. However, his peaceful moment was shattered as he noticed a scattered mess of letters strewn across the ground. With a heavy sigh, he bent down to pick up one of the letters, his brows furrowing in frustration.

"By the grace of Allah, what is this?" Debb muttered to himself, his voice tinged with irritation. "More troubles to add to my burdens?"

the Shepherd mind raced as he thought of the hardships he had endured, "First the massacre of my cattle and sheep, getting shot three time in the back.., the constant threat of darkspawn, taxes though thankfully low now..., I cant even keep mina's in my pouch! whether due to debt or efforts to help pay ransoms for foreign moth-", he stopped himself short as everything weighed heavily on his heart. And now, the mass littering of these letters only added to his frustration as he watch a baby sheep/lamb chewing on the papers in the distance as it seem to have escaped the fence.

"I have had enough of this," he vowed, his voice firm. "Someone gonna die for this, or at least pay for this... garbage.... Qiteat min al-qarafi, qad takun nasabahum maleunat wamaleunatan!" he says as he proceed to now clean up the mess 

Spoiler

Piece of shit, their lineage may be cursed and damned

“Oh, bugger me.” Narithen sighs  as he sees the notice. “I don’t want to have to fight orcs for someone like Atemu.” The ker mutters under his breath.

Karuna Stared at the missive and would sigh, Leaning back the small women shook her head "I hope... after this storm there shall be a rainbow, please, allow the winds to blow over this gently and lead those lost to a brighter direction" the wood elf murmured to no one in particular 

Alphos the air atronach drifted through some unimportant humanoid inhabited settlement. It stopped as it passed by the message board as an obnoxiously long scroll hung there, rolled out along the floor. “And I thought I was a windbag” The atronach whistled glancing over the words etched upon the paper. It would shake its head “Silly human. The Void is the only answer.”

Ember would stare at this missive.

”. . .”

she’d stare at it from her estate in the Region of Ka’tau

” . . . “

She seemed to have a very frustrated expression. This only motivated her to write more on the temple of Solaris. The lodge piled up and continued to spread its flames across aevos- causing more issues for her and her priests/ priestesses.

“Does this mean I will be barred, from coming back here… great.” She rolled her eyes as her honey moon was ruined 

however she had much work to do anyways. 

She had to hurry and finish it.