[Amendment] No. 16

Original Effects Section

Spoiler

Rokodra, once refined and crafted into solid metal, resists all heat. It is bizarrely chilled to the touch and can even cause skin to go numb if held or touched for longer than a minute for all but Inferi and Naztherak (T3 and up), to whom their native metal feels blood-warm and comforting to hold, alongside any creatures with an inborn immunity or resistance to extreme cold. This is only circumvented by the likes of wooden boards backing shields, or wooden grips on Rokodra blades which - whilst still always cold to the touch - will suffice in thwarting the numbing effects of this cursed metal.

Changed Effects

Spoiler

Rokodra, once refined and crafted into solid metal, resists all heat. It is bizarrely chilled to the touch and can even cause skin to go numb if held or touched for longer than a minute for all but Inferi and Naztherak (T3 and up), to whom their native metal feels blood-warm and comforting to hold, affecting even those normally resistant or immune to the cold. This is only circumvented by the likes of wooden boards backing shields, or wooden grips on Rokodra blades which - whilst still always cold to the touch - will suffice in thwarting the numbing effects of this cursed metal.

----------------------------------------------------------

Original Redline

Spoiler

-Rokodra will numb descendant skin to the point of uselessness after one minute of physical touch. In this regard Rokodra is useless without a degree of separation from wood or other solid materials, making it far too restrictive to be worn as armour.

Changed Redline

Spoiler

-Rokodra will numb the body to the point of uselessness after one minute of physical touch. In this regard Rokodra is useless without a degree of separation from wood or other solid materials, making it far too restrictive to be worn as armour to all but Inferi and Naztherak.

----------------------------------------------------------

OOC Purpose

I am fairly certain this is a change that was/should have been made at another point, but obviously undead of any kind should not be able to just fully remove on of their primary weaknesses. They can still use shields and weapons, just not armor.

feels like "unable to wear demon armor from actual hell if ur not a demon" was originally the point of the numbness redline but the way it was worded allowed for people to cheese out of it lol +1

i like the idea of restricting rokodra to naz/inferi only

but i feel like its a bit nonsensical to make fws who are walking ice to feel cold by an armor. how does it work when a frost mother who's made of pure ice touches rokodra? how does it numb ice?

might be better to give another magical reason as to why they can't wear it, such as mental ailments that would plague them upon wearing, or the armor not functioning beyond mundane ferrum unless worn by inferi/naztherak, etc

1 hour ago, Diogen said:

i like the idea of restricting rokodra to naz/inferi only

but i feel like its a bit nonsensical to make fws who are walking ice to feel cold by an armor. how does it work when a frost mother who's made of pure ice touches rokodra? how does it numb ice?

might be better to give another magical reason as to why they can't wear it, such as mental ailments that would plague them upon wearing, or the armor not functioning beyond mundane ferrum unless worn by inferi/naztherak, etc

I've always figured the metal isn't cold or affecting body temperature, it's just the negative influence of the weapon which happens to feel like being cold. If ST wants to invent a new reasoning that would be fine as well though.

what about constructs wearing it as armour, its not like they can feel the cold

Amendments/Additions implemented into main lore post. Thank you for your submission. Moving to correct subforum to prevent redundancy and clutter.