'Forced' PK

In totality, the event site for Ando Alur was good in my opinion. Our group was able to get tons of RP out if just theorizing solutions to fix the problem, just the fact it was an available place to travel fed months of interest / story sharing / etc.

For added context it was in the late stages of the event-zone's run on the server (Druids were scheduled to go into the zone a week after we went, to close it with the Aspect stones). We requested small-scale events beyond going to the crater but were denied as only larger nation groups were being scheduled at the time, so we tagged along with the Dwarves who had something scheduled already. The day of the event, nothing of significance was emoted going on around the crater, even though the entire zone was supposed to be active - rather than just sending a group of 20+ home having done nothing, we decided to scope out the middle before... the cliff collapsing emote happened. The rest is history.

We were just players excited to play with rarely touched world lore. Though it was a bummer that it was locked behind circumstances that were inescapable and impossible to interact with meaningfully without dying. 3-4 emotes post-fall into the crater the exits were surrounded. 

Stand at the edge of a PK-Zone, after being warned you're standing next to a PK-zone numerous times. You continue to stand there on purpose, you're warned over three times, but you ignore the warning and the ST decides to drop you into the pit (you're doing it deliberately, you're not standing afar, you're standing right on its rim). 

You're given the chance to escape the pit many times, but you decide to proceed onwards, after being told it is a PK-zone. 

You die. 

It's the fault of the ET. 

gg playerbase, if they arent begging for items and hand holding, theyre crying about dying over their own faults

22 hours ago, sam33497 said:

@Airthoughts?

if they had put this up a year or more ago, like closer to when the event had happen ill admit i still would've been passionately salty about the entire thing because i had lost my first character to it in a way that was completely out of my hands. thus introducing the crystal situation/jokes.

currently, i am way beyond the point of caring about this event and the loss of that character because i learned to move on, meet new people, make new storylines, etc. if not for it i don't think i would've joined the celianor community when i did and develop the character i have now, who i find to be leagues more interesting than the first.

while i still think it was tragic that multiple characters with real years of development/playtime were permanently killed with no chance to return in any meaningful medium (because the hollow soul sucked those who got gacked), i myself just moved on a long time ago.

RIP booklight. Good mage.

I am incredibly glad that certain players never found my event-sites in Almaris. Those who use dynamism like some cheap fashion plastic to dress up the fact that they take their characters way too seriously & cannot seem to understand what the definition of consequence is. Don't read yourself into the previous sentence unless you are what I've described - all others move along. And if you are what I've described, please don't bump your gums and get all offended with me.

PS: The momentary "aww shit"/"damn why!" reaction to losing is human, its what you do with it afterwards.