What one sees in the dark, is often not what the expect.

Josif

239726872110d7bb48c42de894a62d03.jpg

What one sees in the dark, is often not what they expect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What is this?"

"I don't understand."

"I thought I was asleep."

A voice echoes through the dark expanse. A valley, adorned with rotting trees and strange incomprehensible shadows. Set within the centre of the.. could you call it a sky? Was a mass of eyes and tentacles, too many to count, or.. not enough to count. Yuriy didn't understand

"Is this, seeing?"

Yuriy continues questioning the thing in the sky, continuously he recieved no answers.

Until..

"How is this possible."

S̶̨̧̨̳̖̤̗͚̻̯̦̺̆̾̓̃̽̑i̸̡̛͙̩̤̙͙̱͙̋͂̅͆͆͌̅̒̉̈̆̀ͅl̴̻̤̻̝̳̈̀̂̏͒͑̈́ë̴͉̲̦̪̗̦͚͉̜͕̌͊͌̐ń̸̹̥̤̞͎̲̈́͌͘c̸̢̘̖̄̓̇̓̓̚ȩ̵͉̮͛̑́́

"What- Who is-"

It feels as if hours pass, Yuriy paces throughout, his eyes unable to move off the being that seemed to watch his every move. Every step, every blink, every rise and fall of his chest as he breathed, it watched.

He had so many questions, but so little answers.

Had he died?

Was this hell?

Where was he?

Ĉ̴̡͔̲̞̣̼̪̟̞͕̪̳ͩ̾̀̒ͣ̈́̇̄̐̍͊́ͧ͑ͬ̑͐ͥ̍̀̚̕͞͡o̲v̌̆̔͛ͯ͟_̴̩̱̟̅̂̾͗̅_̵̴̵̡̟͉̦̝̩͇͙̱̍̔ͤ͒̒̆̄̊ͦ͑̂ͮ͞e̷̫̖̓_̝̩͑ŗ̴̸̢̘̩̟̠͚̩͙̘͉̟͐ͬ̈́̊́̿̈́̆̒̈ͦ́͗̔̏̚̕͟͟͞ͅ y̟͉̅̇̏̍̚ỏ̴̴͍̙ư̛̭͔͓̟̬̠͎̲̤ͨ̓ͮ̀ͨͦ͡r̷̰̤͕̫̖͚̐̆́ͣ͜͢͡_̨̱͚̘͚̥̰̬̟͉̱̪͒ͪͤͪ̅͋̂͊͟_ e̫͔ͭͥͭ͑͆̍͜͟͝͠_̧͈̻̝̼̳͓̲͎̹̘ͥ̑̆͋͑̀̀̀͐ͫ͂̾͂ͮ͛͒͜͟͜͜͞͠͞y̵̢͔̓͗ͧ͋̍̚es̶̞͔̘͍̯̝͍̰̊͂̄̈̓ͭ̍ͭ͌̆͗ͤ̈ͩ̕͠.̷͎̥̦̭ͥ̕

"I can't- What are you.."

The feeling of being watched was.. almost painful. Though it wasn't.

Yuriy sat upright in his bed, a thick bead of sweat dropping down his forehead and landing on his hand.

With that hand he wipes his face with his bedsheets, and as the cloth shielded his eyes he..

"What."