Transiens Malleus - Passing the Gavel

Transiens Malleus

Passing the Gavel

On the 14th of Sigismund’s End, 100 B.A.

ryAV9NEOBTYd-2PaV0eAZNM3aiKJKiGBvXHmZKdV6HBvMdJV_Qs1SkInDkOawjzIjtFARe3V1E5OTDC2R2AJ1FcmLoq4HK8IgizzdpO-Y4HbzWgSbkGAAjjd8Xja0JuwR5XDDLDeSynS3B3LzkFR_pQ

This year marks the Centennial Anniversary of the Kingdom of Balian, a century since King John I saw his sign after leading his people across the desert to their new home. However, this year also bears other significance to myself. It was in the year 50 B.A. that Don Ledicort Vuiller and King Alexander I released the Writ of Appointment that raised me to be the Magister of the Kingdom of Balian, and thus this marks fifty years that the Law of Balian and it’s enforcement have rested in my care.

In that time, I have rewritten the entire Codex of Laws and amended it several times, released many missives, trained wards and hired competent people to manage the department and its roles, and led the once dead chamber into a new era. However, all things must end. With my growing age, and new threats from within and without knocking at the door, I believe it is better that one with the vigor and time that I once had in my younger days take over the department, for the safety, welfare, and greater justice of the Kingdom.

Thus, I announce that, effective at the end of the year or the approval of a successor by the Queen, that I, Ser Robert Joseph de Lyons, hereby retire from the position of Royal Magister of Balian, to be a Kritai within the Chamber. I formally suggest that Dame Gwenyth Vilac-Vuiller succeed me in my position, as she is the best trained and equipped to take over the office in my absence. I thank all those, living and dead, who took the chance on me, and gave me this opportunity, and I sincerely hope I did them proud and proved that trust in me was worthwhile.

I started as a refugee, much like those led by King John forty-three odd years before my coming, fleeing from the Petran Valley and its marks of war and conflict and hoping to build a life anew as they fled Oren. In that I succeeded, as did those founders, many who came with me, and many since. On this Centennial, I hope all remember and celebrate this Kingdom, which has become the home to so many who were displaced, which was built by those driven off from their homes seeking better lives, and help to keep it a just and prosperous place for those who come now and in the centuries to come.

Signed,

His Excellency, Ser Robert Joseph de Lyons, 

Viscount of Enderoca, Cavalier of the Order of the Silver Comet, 

Royal Magister of the Kingdom of Balian

Edited by SmartScout

The Duke of Aquilae looked over the missive, a faint smile resting on his visage as he dipped his head a few times "Ser Robyn as presented his house and carried this torch with such an honor. To think he warded under my great grandmother when he first came to our beloved Kingdom.. it seems like such a distant time..." he looked towards his wife then his smile growing larger "You will do grand in this Naty, I can feel it!" 
@_yink_

The Count of Marsana accepted the missive in hand by a young levymen of the Balianese forces. "Y look forward to what mea niet-daughter may accomplish if she jest accepted." A frown gracing the elderly Ruthern's expression "Spasiba for all vy had done, Ser Robyn, vy were as much of a papej as mea own to eam. Y hope moy may still converse even if vyr niet seated on the Duana." The Constable stepped off to continue oversight upon the construction of his fort.