Policy Update on Sexually Explicit Content

Telanir

Sorry. Boomer moment. 

In the second post it states 'The organizer has received a 2 month ban from the Moderation Team' which is worded differently than the two previous individuals who are stated to have just 'received a ban'. 

And I realize this is meant to be read as the mod team issued a ban to this individual for two months, not that they were banned from being on the mod team. 

After a very satisfying one-on-one with a particular admin. I like the approach.

giphy.gif

shrimp-incredibles.gif

Based, but also artist here with a question on specifics.

It mentions "Commission pages linked on your profile." Does "Profile" relate to ones profile specifically on LOTC?

I use discord as a medium for communication that isn't solely just LOTC, and there am likely to link my website/linktree once I have things more built, and this leads me to wonder how other artists and other content creators would go about this if they have adult content in their portfolio. 

I don't make copious amounts of hardcore raunchy nsfw by any means, but do have a number of generally more explicit works (artistic nudity, horror, gore, etc). My plan was either having these be on a separate website still linked with the main one or just being under it's own tab. Would these be considered sufficient enough work arounds?

And in the future for those who do make actual [REDACTED], would these be precautions be considered enough, or are they expected to use an account without any accessible pathways to these sorts of links when using messaging apps to interact with the community?

Many thanks,
Minecraft user rathat

1 hour ago, DizzyGrey said:

Whilst the ruling is a reasonable one, based on a valid concern (we don’t want minors being coerced or guided into such scenarios, jeez), I must state that I heavily disagree with and criticise the two month ban of the server owner.

Me too. 

It should have been longer. 

57 minutes ago, Rat Hat said:

It mentions "Commission pages linked on your profile." Does "Profile" relate to ones profile specifically on LOTC?

This includes forums, discord, and in-game persona cards.

Admins have been on point lately.

1 hour ago, satinkira said:

weren't they CT

cloud temple? 

I feel unsafe on this server.

I also feel unsafe for all me fellow miners.

This is what I'm stuck on as well, it's extremely vague. Adult artists who make art outside of LOTC, who may have LOTC patrons are left in a very strange position. While this update is necessary, admins should certainly consider being more specific than simply "profile". 

As well, what of NSFW art made of LOTC characters made unaffiliated? In a discord not advertised on any lotc servers, but still made by an lotc player, is a huge gray area, and an important one. Moderation/admins cannot intend to ban people on what they do outside of LOTC, even if it's of characters played on it. the server doesn't own any of these characters, it's the players intellectual property. What of people who play on LOTC and get this art from people who ARENT on the server? Obviously they cannot and should not share it amongst LOTC affiliated discords, but what if they have a personal one that happens to have lotc players? I feel this post and amendment needs a lot of specifications not given, that without feel as if there's an intent to police what people do OUTSIDE of lotc
(this being said, i feel if i dont explicitly state this, people will intentionally be incompetent: no, i don't think nsfw should be shared in LOTC spaces, nor in any place children can be. What im saying is that one cannot intend to police peoples personal lives if they don't harm others)

1 hour ago, Rat Hat said:

Based, but also artist here with a question on specifics.

I use discord as a medium for communication that isn't solely just LOTC, and there am likely to link my website/linktree once I have things more built, and this leads me to wonder how other artists and other content creators would go about this if they have adult content in their portfolio. 

I don't make copious amounts of hardcore raunchy nsfw by any means, but do have a number of generally more explicit works (artistic nudity, horror, gore, etc). My plan was either having these be on a separate website still linked with the main one or just being under it's own tab. Would these be considered sufficient enough work arounds?

And in the future for those who do make actual [REDACTED], would these be precautions be considered enough, or are they expected to use an account without any accessible pathways to these sorts of links when using messaging apps to interact with the community?

Many thanks,
Minecraft user rathat

avast me hearties, this 'ere ship has gone off course.

@Sean_VEVO

50 minutes ago, MaltaMoss said:

avast me hearties, this 'ere ship has gone off course.

@Sean_VEVO

@MaltaMoss"Arr, me captain, ye gotta turn the wheel! We be headin' straight fer an iceberg!"

It's better than nothing but I don't think it's enough. The creation of the content is just as much a part of the issue as the distribution is. 

Good job staff!

2 hours ago, Periphonics said:

This is what I'm stuck on as well, it's extremely vague. Adult artists who make art outside of LOTC, who may have LOTC patrons are left in a very strange position. While this update is necessary, admins should certainly consider being more specific than simply "profile". 

As well, what of NSFW art made of LOTC characters made unaffiliated? In a discord not advertised on any lotc servers, but still made by an lotc player, is a huge gray area, and an important one. Moderation/admins cannot intend to ban people on what they do outside of LOTC, even if it's of characters played on it. the server doesn't own any of these characters, it's the players intellectual property. What of people who play on LOTC and get this art from people who ARENT on the server? Obviously they cannot and should not share it amongst LOTC affiliated discords, but what if they have a personal one that happens to have lotc players? I feel this post and amendment needs a lot of specifications not given, that without feel as if there's an intent to police what people do OUTSIDE of lotc
(this being said, i feel if i dont explicitly state this, people will intentionally be incompetent: no, i don't think nsfw should be shared in LOTC spaces, nor in any place children can be. What im saying is that one cannot intend to police peoples personal lives if they don't harm others)

I dont see what youre confused by

Nsfw artists who just happen to do stuff on lotc cant advertise it in a way that would lead to it being accessible to minors on lotc. No advertising such services in discords, profile descriptions, carrd links etc. 

Administration have no intention of overstepping boundaries from lotc to outside lotc. If they do step in and do smthn, its because its become an lotc issue. 

On nsfw art of lotc characters. If the characters featured are featured by the consent of the character's owner, with full knowledge of how their character is being portrayed, and if it is not weird pedo shit sure. Youre a weirdo but sure.

My own personal view is: if they did theoretically ban people etc for doing something silly on lotc or outside of lotc from playing I dont mind. Its their server I dont see y they cant do what they like. Its their product, we're not entitled to be here. 'Muh freedom muh rights!!' w/e man its a private server on a videogame 

End of the day if you think what youre doing w nsfw art etc in relation to lotc is too much, it probably is. Use ur common sense. Harming others is subjective and up to the staff to interpret.

This is a step in a good direction, but I have my doubts that y'all at the Administration Team really consider that it is your duty to protect the younger people on the server, as you say. You don't protect your players or take any steps to prevent this type of behavior unless there's drama on the forums and you are forced to act.

It's sad that you haven't had the guts to cut the problem at the root. If sexual roleplay has no place on the server, why do you continue to allow sexual fade-to-black scenes, and any roleplay that precedes them? It's completely unnecessary and puts younger players at risk, but you decide to ignore it.

Start taking real steps toward ensuring the safety of the community and spare us these awful, quarterly PR stunts.