Policy Update on Sexually Explicit Content

Telanir

11 minutes ago, johnnydeath6 said:

wait but from what i know that server was not related to LOTC aside the characters, which in my opinion should not matter as if it is not your character it is not your business, if it was not pushed as an LOTC server this seems alittle out of proportion 

as future mod, I stand with the admins on this decision. Related to LoTC or not, why would u wanna see ur character get freaky in the sheets. it makes no sense just have fun and find a different hobby

9 minutes ago, johnnydeath6 said:

wait but from what i know that server was not related to LOTC aside the characters, which in my opinion should not matter as if it is not your character it is not your business, if it was not pushed as an LOTC server this seems alittle out of proportion 

a couple years ago there was a conversation surrounding whether or not independent nation discords were considered "LOTC mediums" and whether players could be held accountable for actions committed in those spaces. they aren't ran as an "official" LOTC mediums by staff, but they're LOTC affiliated in the content, purpose, and people involved. it was later decided they're legitimate LOTC mediums because if they weren't, it suddenly means that person who called you a slur, doxxed you, threatened you, whatever, etc, can't be banned because it didn't happen in an official LOTC medium, and 99% of every atrocity known to this server has happened in DMs or in a player-ran discord

d18a0d94349e2b0a51bc30aa09e432fa.jpg

how will i get my company to implement ERP (enterprise resource planning) software now???

14 minutes ago, johnnydeath6 said:

It was advertised as an art hub for said player that LoTCers could use and it was also posted on the official LoTC main discord server, advertising players to join it. 

I know you’re trying to defend your good friend (B) but alas you must think rationally.

"Ah, dangit! Well I'm outta here, goodbye everyone." 
- Ice King, Adventure Time

Whilst the ruling is a reasonable one, based on a valid concern (we don’t want minors being coerced or guided into such scenarios, jeez), I must state that I heavily disagree with and criticise the two month ban of the server owner.

I am glad this is in place. However, I am also disappointed.

These exact rules have been requested time and time again, on multiple threads discussing the nature of NSFW art and how it should be managed and limited. It took the creation of a problematic Discord Server dedicated to NSFW Art, posted on the main LotC Discord as @Werew0lf stated, for these rules to be implemented.

This is definitely a step forward, but should have occurred sooner.

It's a shame that LoTC Administration were forced to implement a rule regarding this but I'm glad we finally have an answer. The rule change has also brought forth a series of good questions from the community and I hope we can have those answered soon rather than waiting until the next crisis to answer them.

The ban of an owner seems lenient. A two month moderator ban for the owner of a discord that was engaging in this supposed behavior on its surface seems like a slap on the wrist. 

19 minutes ago, Minuvas said:

In what universe would I ever trust this person back into the mod team when they return? 

Im confused who you are referring to here, no member of moderation has been banned / removed nor was involved in this scenario.

Edit: Cleared up misunderstanding have a good day!

8 minutes ago, Minuvas said:

The ban of an owner seems lenient. A two month moderator ban for the owner of a discord that was engaging in this supposed behavior on its surface seems like a slap on the wrist. 

In what universe would I ever trust this person back into the mod team when they return? 

Staff should receive a much stricter requirement of adherence to the rues, and should be under a 0 tolerance policy when it comes to matters of trust and abuse of their position. 

This is the second such occurrence known to me of a staff member receiving a temp ban, revolving around issues of trust and or abuse of their position. 

We need to advocate for PERMANENT blacklisting of staff that do these things. 

Maybe they should be allowed to be players, but under no circumstances should we hand them authority on the server anymore. 

The player in question is not a moderator staff member. I think you’ve confused yourself.