Shadows In the Garden: The Queen’s Peril

The Queen’s Peril

lroY_YO0fWHkj9ZLbwDhWxoAQcqgqSi0XYi_sJWq45a-6U081DGHLzqkSRoPMR9uj_IdHhIDR9bB4XZUGjvBXtfM4BQnRvOCW9VVqGTYu3QXEmgqMUgBwy2_XR4JuXV5GLZLZg9SVE4vqMsgA-J_tUJauG5VoONDvkeXcQLl3SJvTbRlSnU

Published from the County of Malkovya

AND ISSUED ON THE 7TH OF JULA AG PIOV, 522 E.S. 

2Fcdf_vS0wT7LoA7dGuUj-lxHkrYZc9CBD6fdKbwXGn7L6ymYJMO9znM5MzsmBo-xLwNV5nnkyyZGggp7F5FKwbKj9cIU34EUoC553TmouSEbe2bpMhjTjXJ7QQCuZ04kdGXCu5qGb0pgvimcdILadw

Not even two years have passed since the shadow struck at the heart of Malkovya, piercing my flesh and bringing forth vile torment to my coil, were it not for my sister Queen Amaya, Marian Weiss, and a passing Elfess alchemist then I would have joined our ancestors. It was first, when I recovered that I was told of my wife’s passing. Hers, at least, was in peace, without the influences of devilry or shadow. But while our attention pointed towards the county, and I was recovering, my sister Queen Amaya was assassinated in cold blood by the agents of Iblees, and her Martyrdom will not be forgotten. It has lit a fire in all of Scyfling kind; no son of Slesvik fears the shadow or its many forms, nor do we shy away from confrontation.

Before we could grieve the passing of our fallen, we sallied out in search of answers. I and the patriarch investigated what we were able, and with the help of our fellow statesmen, we found our answer. But it came at a great cost, for as we scouted far into the north, we were ambushed by daemons and barely managed to escape with our lives. I write this proclamation thus as our Patriarch is still recovering from injury. The guise of Iblees comes in many forms, in his division of man and his corruption of men, but in the case of Amaya’s death, he had possessed the flesh of our dead kinsmen Aaren Colborn and through him partaken in devilry most vile. The man we knew as Aaren has long since been dead, that we had known for years, but whatever possesses his mortal flesh today, is no kin of ours, we declare it thus, with conviction and retribution. I say to you, daemon who has taken the form of our kin, we will search for you, we will find you, and we will slay you where you stand.

Every Colborn knows how to pay their dues, and we will have you pay yours.

As for the forces of the Deceiver who attempted to burn Malkovya’s church and attacked our people, not once but twice, we will deal with you, of that have no doubt. We thus invite the Holy Canonist Church to our land. May they bring light in the darkness and strike the shadow back to whence it came from. We call upon @Xarkly Villorik, Cardinal Westerwald to house and station the Holy Order of The White Comet in our land, and we shall battle at your side and support you in any way possible on the battlefield, financial or otherwise.

8yd_KdoNZw2WZwzBi1piBVadldEBOxMMUP4CUIcxvs-ViOYEh4T2Sv-n87hB7usU97xdTFws_LFLydUWn4NkpJhpNQLItHXe_J0ifw_itnHFKQveEn8ut-K2btSMfGWiQ5G_aR3slrRXozUdc7KYwdY

Lord, Erik Edvard Colborn, Grand Elder, Holder of Lysnir the Shadowbane

The Right Honourable, Mikhail Ulric Aleksey Colborn, Count of Malkovya, Viscount of Venzia, Baron of Bethlenen, Lord of Vorenburg, Protector of Scyflings, Deputy-Treasurer of Hanseti-Ruska, Owner of The Scyfling World

g-ND9XBh2tfEIwkUj_T7nBI-tb6bNtMSZPn5ovDkiIwLcHkIMC3mmtC0Cb6pdTVEvXEyq7uaP4UQ1kn3Hux-YfKIVcyP28cvhAMsfSkundUJNbKrJCZkRgIlRb4lIGSFCz5HERPgtCEWj7QGnymE010

Aster read over his Father's missive, quietly sipping his morning tea as his eyes traced the words. A fury had grown inside him, with the loss of so many dear to him. It seemed his father felt the same, and was taking action. While he bore the Amador name, Aster felt the rage of the Scyfling and Colborn. The astronomer sighed out, with just a hint of rage "Gudi, let the spawn of Iblees know their days are limited."

A passing Elfess alchemist points at the paper.  "That's me!!!"

Meanwhile, the traitor found himself at a tea party, but the hostess was not up to par; her serpentine eyes fixated somewhere else, lost to the nothingness beyond a window. As he dare browsed the missive, he was voided of worry - quite rare for a coward. Casually, he brushed aside blonde hairs, securing them behind a pointed ear.

He wouldn't be caught, not this time.

Seated with daughter, and son - or grandson, whatever they'd decided to pose as now...

An elven woman's gaze drifted beyond to the never-ending ocean view.

A clawed finger trailing around the rim of a teacup, dull expression similar to the others.

"Do you hate them yet, boy?"

-

"They despise you, they always will, until their dying breaths."

-

"They lie worse than we do; claiming they once cared... at least we don't offer such pity."

She rose then, swaying to the kitchen with her daughter. Raising the young girl to sit on the counter as she offered the kettle, the wise words of;

"Careful,"

offered as she watched the child refill the cup...