BURN THE DUCHY OF ADRIA

3 hours ago, Franczhiz said:

"You'd do me quite the favor as I would rather die then to see the title of Adria be subject as a vassal under a Kingdom of Adunians. The only good Adria, is the independent Adria, if that is not possible, then abeyance is the best option." Stated Mikhail Sergei Sarkozic

"Get away from me, demon gremlin!" Brother Ninnias shouts at the miscreant invading his privacy, attacking the intruder with a bamboo stick

29 minutes ago, Nooblius said:

OyuUJm5aANEieM5IqeV40MSiENdCNsMH5ERqiRwUBMnyL8wtDem4U8_IwHAjG6sNQUJq_lEDm_n7zcuOWN4YDZo7I90JHWWcTyviWwGtoZn571x1HHvnpzajEs4saaCorKoUrrFH8MFNXQ76

A HISTORY of the DUMAPALOOZA

It was in 1745 that the first DUMAPALOOZA was ever held, a festival to accompany a far older tradition of electing Adrian Dukes which went back to 1511 with the election of Hugues Sarkozic (Franz Vladov, the first duke, was appointed in the will of the co-founder of Adria, Paul Sarkozic, for with his death there was only a sole leader of the duchy). Since Franz I, there had been seven elections for Duke of Adria, all with internal Adrian electors, before the first DUMAPALOOZA. Even in the beginning, Adrian identity was prioritized over a Carrion one; for electors HOREN and STAFYR were given votes, yet neighboring ally Crowsbloods were denied one. The only election in those early years held amongst all Carrions were those of the Crowsmoots- a righteous tradition that has long since been abandoned whereupon the Raevir would flock to their meeting hall to elect their Carrion Patriarch across all cadets and grant him the Boyar’s Cap. It just so happened that Baron in Adria, Paul Sarkozic, was grandson to the Soothsayer himself, and was elected to hold the honor of Boyar’s Cap for a time.

The institution of the DUMAPALOOZA is not the central tradition of Adria that it is made to be. Rather it was an invention of an Adrian of Renzfeld who sought to prevent the title from being assumed by the Novellens (though they were not yet named, still Sarkozic they claimed) who had become the seat of imperial power. It was a tool made to preserve the interests of Adrian folk, not in the service of Carrion nor Sarkozic Legacy.

The electorate of this DUMAPALOOZA was made in the recent memory of Ves, whose residents lived to that day. Its electors were thus not the nobles of Adria alone, as it historically would be, but instead included foreign electors who had interests in Adria, who the hosts hoped might prevent a destruction of Adria. Thus many Patricians of Ves who had not necessarily lived in Renzfeld were individually invited, even if titles they had not, as well many allied honored crows were given a seat due to shared heritage of Adria and Haense.

But such a plan failed; for the son of Adrian Leopold, the Duke of Helena Joey won the election and proved the fears by slowly forcing all rural Adrians into the capital, destroying Renzfeld to place noble houses and elven vassals in its place, and later handing the title to his own sons without any election. 

The DUMAPALOOZA was renewed only for the purpose of restoring Adria and denying it from those powers which held it without caring for its people; and it worked in such purpose. The Second DUMAPALOOZA was held by the Adrians without endorsement of either Haense, the Emperor of Oren, or the Holy Church; and it led to a failed Adria restoration due to a lack of cohesion with its liege and partner the Grand Duchy of Vasiyeva, as well the Principality of Savoy which it afterwards sought partnership with. 

However, it was in this second DUMAPALOOZA that the criteria within were made more clear; Honored Crows, Patricians of Adria, and Birds of a Feather. Those who shared a heritage in the Carrion legacy, those tied to specific Adrian legacy, and those invited in kind gesture alone. This electorate included houses that had absolutely zero ties to Adria, such as House Ruthern who though a notable and historic Carrion cadet has never once been a participant in Adria, or the Charity Vote for the immiserated Nordlings. Most notably, there were rules established within this electorate on what may be voted for; rules that enforced that whoever was elected must genuinely seek to be Duke of Adria, not add it to his list of titles.

The Third was hosted by my father Heinrik and his allies, who had begun a movement to unite all Adrian refugees who lingered about the nations. In the interest of a great electorate when there was not a recent Adria to draw upon, he continued the policy from the previous DUMAPALOOZA (including its rules). Yet this was protested by the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska, despite having their invitations. Therefore in compromise, another DUMAPALOOZA was held within Haense overseen by the Church. There, the same result was confirmed and Heinrik Sarkozic was allowed to restore Adria. And it was a prosperous Adria, right up until the time of troubles where civil war exploded the heartlands. Wanting a chance at reconciliation with Canondom, Heinrik went into exile so that the Adrians may elect a new duke amongst themselves, keeping with the older traditions (though DUMAPALOOZA they called it still). Johanes van Aert was elected, for his house had been paramount in the defense of Adria even if its inclusion had stoked the paranoia that contributed to the civil war.

As Johanes van Aert formed Veletz after achieving world peace with my aid, he was honorable to the legacy of Adria and resigned from its office, instead another internal to Adria DUMAPALOOZA commenced whereupon I, Markus Sarkozic, was elected. Adria persisted as a vassal of that midland realm, hosting DUMA within the halls of Castle Aldersberg and attempting to unify those of the midlands who identified as Adrian. 

In total, there have been nine Dukes of Adria elected by internal council,

Now we arrive at the current day; where the Aevos Coalition War has ended with the surrender of Veletz to its own vassal Adria, which itself surrendered to an international coalition in the pursuit of true Reconciliation. Although I rebuke the institution of the international DUMAPALOOZA, the circumstance of this election is justified as it exists as a means of resolution and peace in the realms of Man. The High Pontiff, who did not request this duty nor did his predecessor, has greatly served mankind by acting as arbiter of this nearly century-old feud so that we may all know a confident peace.

The electorate was decided by the leader of the coalition, the leader of the Adrian Folk, and the High Pontiff. It was publicly posted two years ago without any dissent. The criteria were based upon the criteria of the international DUMAPALOOZAs of the past; the Honored Crows and the Patricians of Adria. Though these were criteria; nothing was automatic or entitled, yet decided amongst that council of three in the pursuit of reconciliation and resolution. The first were to be Carrion cadets with a history extending beyond a couple mere generations, and a substance in number beyond just a single descendant who claims some faux title. The second criteria was defined as families in Adria who have a history within Adria, as well as a substance of importance not measured through number of offspring but persistent service to Adria. 

As has complained, there have been exclusions. That is because of intense political compromise, that would be altogether unnecessary if there was not a vitriolic movement to exact revenge upon Adria for meager existence. Nonetheless, I will remind the world that House Varoche has not been a part of Adria since they intentionally saw to its attempted destruction, not to mention its very founding a twisted insult to the Raevir legacy whereupon the latter member of the Carrion-Tuvyic dynasty Duke Paul was made to deny his heritage by the Renatian Emperor in humiliation, and instead was put forth as the bastard child of inc*st. [Genuinely; What the hell?] Houses such as Varoche are not entitled to participate in a system when they themselves do not consider their family Adrian, but hold nobility in foreign lands. They failed both criteria set for the electorate, and therefore were denied alongside many others; such as the Jewelbeards of Clan Goldhand, the Elven Family Songbird, the Western Turkin, the Eastern Turkin, House Leyne, de la Baltas, the Tavernkeep, a bard, the Nordlings, et cetera. 

In a perfect DUMA, there would be foreign electors who were not entitled but invited to participate in the Adrian system- yet they would not be entitled to overwhelm the interests of Adrians in the question of their own legacy. This is why I endeavor not to be elected Duke of Adria; for whatever blessing an international DUMAPALOOZA may bestow is not one I seek upon my head, but rather I wish to see this blasted institution which sows discourse amongst men abolished so that the identity of Adria may be for the Adrians alone. Nobody can deny the Adrians their heritage- and I do not fear the political machinations of my enemies for I know my cause to be righteous and blessed in whatever outcome it may achieve. 

Whatever spirit animates you, Mikhail ‘the Petty’, it is not a righteous one. There is no reason to delight in meddling with a legacy that is not your own, and those who seek that the Duchy of Adria and its folk shall burn certainly are not entitled to speak on the matter. 

IN NOMINE ADRIAE

Markus Marie Sarkozic

Exilic Duke of the Adrians, Count of Aldersberg, Protector of Dumacracy

"To Markus Marie "The Adunian" 

Spare me the historical lecture regarding how Dumacracy came to be as we now live a few hundred years past that. It would seem that your father has instilled the skill of manipulation and the will to puppeteer an entire election.

The House of Varoche and Montelliano have cherished their Adrian history which includes Duke Paul Varoche, long after your father made the idiotic and barbaric decision for a war of independence and taking the lives of innocent men, women and children in the lands of Aaun.

It is however of poor judgement to say that they do not cherish their heritage because they had contributed in the Adria that your treasonous kind of a father led as they too have played part in the establishment of Adria in its past, and they likely did a better job at leading the Duchy then cooperating with Neo-Renatians who were out for the blood of those around them.

If it was not for the House of Varoche and Montelliano, your father would not have been a Duke, but then the dream of those who opposed him would come true; the title to be put in abeyance. You blame these Houses for not cherishing their Adrian heritage, then what is the TRUE cherishing of Adrian heritage? Spilling blood for your own gain like your father or spitting on the historical signifance by becoming a vassal of Adunians? If you can remember well, it was independence for which your father slaughtered innocents, so let us pray that the Adunians will not go through a similar fate as our martyred brothers and sisters in Canondom.

You say they ignore their ancestry, and Adrian heritage, yet it seems that the Horenic genetics that have come from the circle-succession and plotting Dukes of Adria after Adrian I, Josip II, and the other lot whose blood runs through your veins, have played in a big role within your act as the puppeteer of this election.

The Patricians know the truth. And soon everyone else will.

Mikhail Sergei Sarkozic"

7 minutes ago, Franczhiz said:

"To Markus Marie "The Adunian" 

Spare me the historical lecture regarding how Dumacracy came to be as we now live a few hundred years past that. It would seem that your father has instilled the skill of manipulation and the will to puppeteer an entire election.

The House of Varoche and Montelliano have cherished their Adrian history which includes Duke Paul Varoche, long after your father made the idiotic and barbaric decision for a war of independence and taking the lives of innocent men, women and children in the lands of Aaun.

It is however of poor judgement to say that they do not cherish their heritage because they had contributed in the Adria that your treasonous kind of a father led as they too have played part in the establishment of Adria in its past, and they likely did a better job at leading the Duchy then cooperating with Neo-Renatians who were out for the blood of those around them.

If it was not for the House of Varoche and Montelliano, your father would not have been a Duke, but then the dream of those who opposed him would come true; the title to be put in abeyance. You blame these Houses for not cherishing their Adrian heritage, then what is the TRUE cherishing of Adrian heritage? Spilling blood for your own gain like your father or spitting on the historical signifance by becoming a vassal of Adunians? If you can remember well, it was independence for which your father slaughtered innocents, so let us pray that the Adunians will not go through a similar fate as our martyred brothers and sisters in Canondom.

You say they ignore their ancestry, and Adrian heritage, yet it seems that the Horenic genetics that have come from the circle-succession and plotting Dukes of Adria after Adrian I, Josip II, and the other lot whose blood runs through your veins, have played in a big role within your act as the puppeteer of this election.

The Patricians know the truth. And soon everyone else will.

Mikhail Sergei Sarkozic"

Markus' hands would be trembling still from the prolific writing, though he chatted to his close advisor Stefan Euler as he read the reply( @Gaja). "Still he yaps!- yet he cannot rebuke the truth of the Tapestry of Man. But why does he kvetch so about my father so- does he know I am not him? Perhaps he thinks me a skinshifter of the Heartlands," he rambled on, lifting the page in shaking grasp to read again. He shook his head. "The Patricians. I wonder who he thinks those would include? I must write to the East and West Turkin immediately!" he decided, sending word to the foreign agents of Sarkoz Spy Incorporated. A variety delegation would be accompanying him to all future DUMAs.

The humble Orenian scholar Marc Galbraith sighed as he heard of the new ongoing dispute between the Adrian people, remembering the golden ages of past Empires in which the Adrians lived in peace and prosperity under the banners of His Imperial Majesty the Holy Orenian Emperor

"Hey, didn't we do this one before?" Haus remarks to the Chamber of Magisters within Hohkmat, idly remarking as his cosmic gaze peers over towards the still-burning, glassed ruins that once was Veletz. He blissfully considers the metaphysical ramifications of the many letters being sent with glee, before returning to the days many magical matters.

@Minuvas @ScoutTheWitch @MeteorDragon

Upon the potential chance for the Tavernkeeps to gain their rightful votes, a banner in Adrian colours was unveiled above the entrance of Saint Emma with the following text,

"We Like Mark!"

- Tavern Labour Guild of Adria

Spoiler

641b54037b75f5.54087231.jpg

"You like Mark, I like Mark, everybody likes Mark (for Duke)" Brother Ninnias sings

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Nooblius said:

Spoiler

Markus' hands would be trembling still from the prolific writing, though he chatted to his close advisor Stefan Euler as he read the reply( @Gaja). "Still he yaps!- yet he cannot rebuke the truth of the Tapestry of Man. But why does he kvetch so about my father so- does he know I am not him? Perhaps he thinks me a skinshifter of the Heartlands," he rambled on, lifting the page in shaking grasp to read again. He shook his head. "The Patricians. I wonder who he thinks those would include? I must write to the East and West Turkin immediately!" he decided, sending word to the foreign agents of Sarkoz Spy Incorporated. A variety delegation would be accompanying him to all future DUMAs.

@Nooblius Stefan Euler cannot help but laugh. "The only good Adria is an independent one, but the only independent Adria was barbaric and idiotic? HAH!"

"Illatian erasure," commented an aging and ailing Amelia de Lewes (formerly Varoche,) "What else is new?"

[!] A letter had been penned to the parties of the Duma

“Erm, where was my invite?” - Ser Tobias de Sarkoz, Eldest Living of the Sarkozic Lineage, Martyr of the Titan, Knight of the Order of Merit, Reverend Father of the Holy Church, The Serpent, Magistrate of New Esbec, etcetera etcetera