WE, THE INHERITORS

[!] Missives are distributed throughout Haelun’or, pinned to posts and boards. [!]

We, the Inheritors

_a3KWpMQZfWNSf__wx7XzFBdfxokusG26KUORLqp4lWs7FGWjgTvIjwKMVkBSBz6dAV4cpl-7n1Rts_ra5LRQVbm8G_hv21k5NYquzhCOtSqRcigcjUxDLq7zk4bKLrP7gQiNVXbfhoQ6n3QXJixVZo

Once, we presided over a vast dominion as was proper and natural, befitting our blessed stature. Envious were the Nation’s of the world, for our Cities bustled and thrived. They would flock to our Great Libraries and Magical Institutions, seeking knowledge and power - the kinds only the Blessed possessed. For Millenia, the children of Larihei prospered and by her divine legacy, we ascended the steps of greatness, positioning ourselves atop the Noble pedestal for all to see.

We were the light of the world

The inheritance bequeathed to us by The Silver Maiden, can be summarized in two words, though countless manuscripts have been written on the subject. This gift has fueled our hearths, nurtured our soil, manned our walls and filled our bookshelves. Yet we have abandoned this inheritance in favour of stagnation and decay.

Maehr’sae Hiylun’ehya is the cornerstone of our Civilization

This is not the first time in our history that we find ourselves without purpose, our homes empty, our peoples scattered. The wages of  ineptitude is ruin, and we have grown rich as of this hour. 

Where is our Maheral? Our Sohaer? Our People?

We do not have to live under these conditions, my friends. We are called to a higher purpose, a meaningful existence. We could once again return to the blessed path and carve out a bastion of Purity - of Perfection, wherein our streets buzz with the noise of our youth, eager to seize the day. Where Scholars and Poets, Mages and Statesmen lead our people forward to a better tomorrow, where Elvendom looks to us for guidance and strength.

I ask a question. 

Are We, the Inheritors of a Great and Noble civilization content with our dying Haelun’or?

The Hour Is Late

Signed,

Malaurir Braxus Ni’leya

An old elf, having recently ambled into the city, walks up to the noticeboard where a handful of elves are reading the missive. Having skimmed it, he chuckles, then turns to the crowd.

"Heed not the words of elavern'thrur. While the city certainly may seem more empty than I remember, I don't see old Braxus here proposing a solution. It's such a shame, most of us find peace, tranquility and wisdom as we grow old. This one lost his marbles and started exclaiming Larihei must've been a deity, undermining her efforts as a mere mortal like the rest of us who try, hard as we can, to follow in her footsteps.

Elheial'malauriran no longer deems your title as one of our peers valid, Ni'leya, and you know this."

He steps back towards the missive, and crosses out the word Malaurir before walking off once more.

high elfess took a joint out of her mouth, exhaling a puff of smoke as she put the joint out in a tankard of old beer.  She was alone in the tavern - an abandoned tavern that had never been used and probably never would be used by anyone but her.  The stench of sewer water embedded itself in her coat, "He said, 'where is our Maheral?' Don't insult my granduncle like that."  She slammed excrement-stained boots onto the tavern's counter.

"Where were you!? Where were you when people kept taking our home from us? Idiot."

She'd nonetheless pull her knotted locks back into something that could pass for a pony tail.  "Ne oem can save us from our impending doom.  I must spread the word."

Edited by High_On_Math

A founding Celia'norian cackles as she read the missive, after all, she did tell Braxus what he needed to do to save Haelun'or, but like many other fools her words were not heeded.

"Insanity is repeating oneself and expecting a different result, watch him fracture our people for a second time with his dangerously idiotic inability to listen to anyone but loyal dogs that display degenerative behavior." She comments