MANDATE OF 529 E.S.

VE MANDAT I 529 E.S.

THE MANDATE OF 529 E.S.

Dx0yrZQNspW04P1gWUeGN6iva-BHv-Tha5VzxlJQyAD-LJxuEWAtllicSfs-e75pNvKZGRxHJx-UvY4oH01hDfUS25CghkIwJLh4HcyyIvINFnIUckuArQVUtsCWLfptvfBAB_k-GulK-CA14l7_vx4

“I SHALL NOT FALTER.”

Issued by the

HETMEN AND MARSHALS OF

THE BROTHERHOOD OF ST. KARL

On the 10th day of Jula ag Piov of  529 E.S 

As time passes and the wounds of the old world heal, new enemies loom on the horizon. It is the solemn duty of the Marshalship to ensure the recruitment and retention of men at arms to face these threats. Throughout the last half century, the question of recruitment has been one of debate within the Crown’s Brotherhood. What man may recruit? How shall they be trained? I have asked these questions both in solitude and alongside my dear man, Ser Mikhail of Valkonen. It is by the power of the Marshalship and the order of the Crown that these new standards be established. May Holy Godani see them successful. 

Marshal-Emeritus, Ser Leonid d’Arkent-Kortrevich, 525 E.S.

ENLISTMENT

There are few of serving age that did not march in the armies of the Covenant. Many of them were martyred in the Midlands. And so, the Crown does decree that the standards of enlistment be loosened, that there shall always be men to watch on the walls and ride the highways. 

I. THE OATH

i. The age to take the Oath shall be lowered to thirteen years of age.

ii. The Oathed shall be required to be baptized in the Jorenic Rite.

iii. The Oathed shall take a Haeseni name, by which they shall be known to their brothers and their Crown.

II. THE WANDERING CROWS

The Crown has decreed that recruitment be delegated to a dedicated unit, dubbed “The Wandering Crows”, for the ancient band of the same name. This unit shall be structured as follows:

i. It shall be headed by a man of the Brotherhood deemed fit by the Lord Marshal.

ii. It shall be tasked with the recruitment of new men at arms to the Brotherhood of St. Karl.

iii. It shall prioritize the recruitment of Canonist Highlanders, and spurn all heathens, unnatural constructs, and other nefarious beings.

RETIREMENT

A man honourably released of his Oath shall be spared the fate of the traitor. These men, who have not faltered in their duty by their own hand, but by age, or crippling, or some other act of Holy Godan, must be granted dues for their good service. These shall be:

i. All arms and armour given unto them by the Crown throughout their service.

ii. The rank held at the end of their service, though succeeded by the word Emeritus.

iii. A funeral pyre and all necessary rites sponsored by the Crown upon their death.

iv. A small plot of farmland, should they have attained the rank of Armiger before retirement.

KRUSAE ZWY KONGZEM,

HIS ROYAL MAJESTY, Ivan VIII, by the Grace of Godan, King of Hanseti and Ruska, Lord Protector of the Covenant of Man, Grand Hetman of the Army, Hochmeister of the Order of the Crow, Prince of Bihar, Dules, Lahy, Muldav, Slesvik, Solvesborg, and Ulgaard, Duke of Carnatia, and Vanaheim, Margrave of Korstadt, Rothswald, and Vasiland, Count of Alban, Alimar, Baranya, Graiswald, Karikhov, Karovia, Kaunas, Kavat, Kovachgrad, Markev, Nenzing, Siegrad, Torun, Toruv, Valdev, and Werdenburg, Viscount of Varna, Baron of Astfield, Buck, Esenstadt, Kraken’s Watch, Kralta, Krepost, Lorentz, and Rytsburg, Lord of the Westfolk, Protector and Lord of the Highlanders, etcetera.

HER ROYAL MAJESTY, Nataliya of Ghaestenwald, Queen-Consort of Hanseti and Ruska, Grand Hetman of the Army, Hochmeister of the Order of the Crow, Princess-Consort of Bihar, Dules, Lahy, Muldav, Solvesborg, Slesvik and Ulgaard, Duchess-Consort of Carnatia and Vanaheim, Margravine-Consort of Korstadt, Rothswald, and Vasiland, Countess-Consort of Alban, Alimar, Baranya, Graiswald, Karikhov, Karovia, Kaunas, Kavat, Kovachgrad, Kvasz, Markev, Nenzing, Torun, Toruv, Valdev, and Werdenburg, Viscountess-Consort of Varna, Baroness-Consort of Esenstadt, Kraken’s Watch, Kralta, Krepost, Lorentz, Rytsburg, and Astfield, Lady of the Westfolk, Protector and Lady of the Highlanders, etcetera.

HIS EXCELLENCY, Ser Rickard Tosali Ruthern, Lord Marshal of Hanseti-Ruska, Knight of the Order of the Crow

MARSHAL-EMERITUS, Ser Leonid d’Arkent-Kortrevich, Knight of the Order of the Crow

"A great edict that will only strengthen the military of our great nation. I commend His Majesty and Lord Marshal Tosali for their wisdom." says Amleth.

Ioanna Kortrevich attends to various meetings with builders and masons following the Mandate's publication, to prepare plots of farmland for those well-deserving soldiers.

Alekszej read over the missive, furrowing his brows to the Oath secetion "Kurwa, children fighting e must take Haseni names? What even makes a Haseni name, Haseni? There z too many cultures amongst us!" He sighed, reading over the rest "Ah, but the rest jest dobry.. Thank GODAN!"

OOC (I'm banned anyways from being a hooligan back in the day) but Tosalian here, founder of the Tosalis. Are they back? I just looked up them in the search and saw this? If so, I'd love to hop in a discord with someone and get the lore on this. I made them when I was legit a 13 year old edgy noob and they were kind of the laughing stock around LOTC for a long-time. It was kinda awesome to see them back and in Haense. 

@yopplwasupxxx If you are the one leading them now, that's epic. You were always a good dude. 

Well, y'all, hope this doesn't get taken down by mods, but genuinely miss some of the days on lotc and hope everyone is doing well. Sorry for being a jerk back in the day. 

On 5/31/2024 at 10:32 PM, Jeremiah22 said:

OOC (I'm banned anyways from being a hooligan back in the day) but Tosalian here, founder of the Tosalis. Are they back? I just looked up them in the search and saw this? If so, I'd love to hop in a discord with someone and get the lore on this. I made them when I was legit a 13 year old edgy noob and they were kind of the laughing stock around LOTC for a long-time. It was kinda awesome to see them back and in Haense. 

@yopplwasupxxx If you are the one leading them now, that's epic. You were always a good dude. 

Well, y'all, hope this doesn't get taken down by mods, but genuinely miss some of the days on lotc and hope everyone is doing well. Sorry for being a jerk back in the day. 

I believe @GMROis leading them now, I would suggest reaching out to him. Great to see you around old friend, hit me up on discord at yopplwasup to catch up.