The Master Thieves Guild

Haldon

I do like this idea and I do support it. Although It may be hard to do and maintain, I give you luck and believe that It will go far.

The application is now out! If you would like to apply to the guild, just fill out the application and post it below. The updated lore will be coming very soon!

[Questions]

MC Name: Sandy_Bandit

Why do you want to join? For one, it will boost my notoriety to be a member of a respected guild for thieves. Another more important reason is that heists and assassinations will be more likely approved by GMs for this guild because of its background of experienced Role players, than If I were to get approval by myself to do big jobs.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience? I intend to be another threat of the world to give players a full feeling of immersion. My character is one that would be arrest though instead of killed on the spot because he is normally non lethal, and does not resist arrest when his life is at stake, giving guards more options to play out.

A big addition I will add, is helping this guild however possible and really bind my thief character side to it. I feel this guild and town will a full rounded feeling of RP immersion to the world.

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc) We have to lay this game like we are reading and writing a book at the same time but also displaying the illustrations. Its a hard skill, and I still have trouble with it. The in-game chat box needs to engage the communities imagination with in-depth descriptions and fleshed out actions, at the same time we cant forget about what our MC avatars are doing. Often I get caught up in writing and responding that I forget my avatar is looking directly at the ground doing nothing. I now go into 3rd person when I'm not needed to be in 1st and that way I am able to see those around me and have my character act appropriately.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this?

banishment/right to kill off our character. Either way, you wont every see my breaking any game laws or guild contracts.

[Character Questions]

RP name: Dash Rogers

Alias: Dune Walker

Biography: His father is a cartographer, huntsmen/fishermen, worker, traveler and so is Dash. His mother was an intelligent farm girl, but Dash is not so much. Dash learned everything from his father. Map making, which is his small business profession today, how to use the bow, arrows and fishing rod to live off the land, strength as a labor worker which he also honed when wrestling with his father, and what he learned most from his mother and some input from his father, was reading, writing, the history of the world, their beliefs, and the basics of cooking. The 3 lived in Al'khazar well off.

Dash had many childhood friends in the city, all of them including himself were rascals and children of all races, or at least members of races that lived in Oren. They called their group the Band of Brats. Activities included more than inventive city games. It is here Dash put his fathers huntsmen teachings into effect as a keen agile petty thief. The children loved to challenge each other to see who had the balls and who had the abilities. Everyone was typically equal in all categories and therefore relations in the group were often positive. Gradually, the group disbanded one by one. Kids grew up and were moving on to fulfill their aspirations and aid Aegis however their skills allowed as adults. All BoBs were content with the ending and every time a member broke off there was a mutual expectation among everyone that they would all meet again if not at all the same time once more in the future.

When Dash was 17, his parents fairly old and very successful, his mother wanted to see the world how Dashs father had on his travels, so the two gave Dash provisions and final farewells, sold their simple home in the city, and set out to see the world one more time, but to do it together this time.

Since then Dash has also set out to start his small business and see the world just as his youthful father had done.

Often, his experience with the world had been positive. Yet there have been cases where fortune was not on Dashs side, and too often the cause of bad fortune was from a mortal source. Dash feels that criminals run rampant on the roofs and in the streets of Al'khazar and guards are more a part of it than against it. Therefore, Dash has re purposed his childhood skills, and is now a form of vigilante. Most recently, he now attempts to aid the uprising in the underground movement against the Oren rulers and its military. When in the wilds, he cant help but take what he likes from abandoned establishments.

Personality: Warm hearted and will never betray his friends. He is a bit of a story teller and will often boast about things he has never done, like making love to high Elven Princesses, besting Orcs in tests of strength, pulling off impossible bank heists from the most heavily guarded vaults in the secret underground Dwarfish city, and fending off countless hordes of undead with all 5 of his senses disabled by some dark magic he couldn't explain.

He can get pretty loud but overall he's more of a joy to have around than a pest. Dash is ingenuitive, but does not have above average intelligence, barley even average at that. He knows how to take a joke and can play a good one as well. Dash is always optimistic and laughs often. He's not the most charismatic character but he does have some and a good amount of luck to go with it. Dash Rogers enjoys crowds of people so he can most often be found traveling with a party. You will also often find him on sign up sheets for tournaments and competitions of all forms but mostly ones that utilize his agile and fit huntsmen qualities. He can be competitive even when not in a Tournament, but not at all often will he become aggressive towards other competitors.

The times he talks the least is when he is fishing or hunting with wolves. His two favorite hobbies.

Motives: Dash Is what you would call unlawfully good. Meaning he is the robin hood type but does not just steal from the rich and give to the needy, he steals from the evil and gives to the good. Except, Rogers sees the evil in everyone but more clearly sees the good in everyone and finds it hard sometimes to justify his ways. He may also give in to his childish ways and steal something just because of its challenge. He normally only strikes big targets like capital city vaults, and stolen treasure from other villains, not random peoples houses.

Aspirations: Dash wants to follow in his fathers footsteps and become a legendary map maker. Yet he feels it would all be for not if the world he maps is pure evil. He justifies his wrong doings by doing right by them. He fills the common thief/rouge class in a party.

[Open Response. Answer all questions]

You notice a rich foreign merchant in the markets browsing wares such as jewelery, weaponry and armor. You notice a stall owner has just walked away from his stall for a few moments, several guards are patrolling the area, the merchant walks towards the stall to browse its wares. To the North is a sewer grate you could escape through, though the guards seem to be patrolling it more than usual. How will you pull off this thievery?

Depends on my equipment.

((when all potions are added to the game and if they become available for use in LotC)) Dash would be in disguise as the Dune Walker. His approach would be to use the invisibility and or the blindness potions. He would use the invisibility potion to steal from the empty stall with one browser. If the Foreign merchant market browser notices the items being stolen by what would seem a ghost, Dash would splash the blindness potion in his face. When the guards and the absent stall owner hear the commotion and come over I would slip into the sewers, and the blind man may possible get blamed.

((Without potions)): For any and all acts of criminal intent Dash wears and acts as his alias. Charm is not his strongest attribute and direct sly thievery is also a weak point of his. So instead he will have to go for the direct approach if to steal from this stall was that heavily important. The guild needs it quota from all members so Dash has limited choices. He is the kind that takes when there is no one around in the dead of night. But here is the plan, before the seller left, Dash would have checked to see how wealthy and what trades the stall deals with. If it is worth it and the goods are easy to ****** the as soon as the vendor left and the market browser walked over to the stall, Dash would have fallen from the rooftops with a bag and fall on the man tightening the bag around his head, then go for the stall, nab the goods as agile as possible and get out of sight again. When the guards come over to the distressed man and leave their posts, Dash would slip into the sewers.

The Upright Man has asked of you to steal a scroll from a house that is just outside the city limits of Farborough, the house seems to be alive with laughter and drunken men, you look through a window to see the chest is in the room, while 5 drunken men sit around the fire telling war stories, they seem armed but drunk, you see in the corner of your eye a small hole in the roof into the room. The door hinges are old and rusty, it can be easily kicked down. How will you pull off this thievery?

For the good of the guild, accepted without question.

Again splash potion of blindness and invisibility direct assault. Dash would use invisibility first and enter through the roof on a rope and lock pick the chest In hopes the drunkards do not notice the small noise under their loud jeering and do not look over. If they do see the chest opened and the scroll floating out, Dash would then use splash potion of blindness, run past the blinded and confused, and smash out the front door running into the night.

Without potions: Dash would lets their horses out, cause them to make noise and get to the roof of the building. When the drunkards fumble out after their steeds, Dash slips into the hole in the roof by rope ladder, and if any sleepy drunkards remain he knocks them out as quietly as possible using is trained skills in hand to hand combat (lvl 30 wrestling). Picks the lock, grabs the loot, and climbs back up and out.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travelers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull off this thievery?

Unless commanded for a mission, Dash would refuse to rob the old man. It is against is morals.

If it is an important mission and the bag is not just the old mans life savings, Dash would nab the mans dagger first and hold it to the old man in case he awakes and take the bag from him. If the old timer awakes, Dash gives him a fair sum of minas as a sort of forced trade and to keep him quite for the incoming heroes. If the old man stays asleep then Dash still leaves Minas but not as much.

[Questions]

MC Name: Sandy_Bandit

Why do you want to join? For one, it will boost my notoriety to be a member of a respected guild for thieves. Another more important reason is that heists and assassinations will be more likely approved by GMs for this guild because of its background of experienced Role players, than If I were to get approval by myself to do big jobs.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience? I intend to be another threat of the world to give players a full feeling of immersion. My character is one that would be arrest though instead of killed on the spot because he is normally non lethal, and does not resist arrest when his life is at stake, giving guards more options to play out.

A big addition I will add, is helping this guild however possible and really bind my thief character side to it. I feel this guild and town will a full rounded feeling of RP immersion to the world.

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc) We have to lay this game like we are reading and writing a book at the same time but also displaying the illustrations. Its a hard skill, and I still have trouble with it. The in-game chat box needs to engage the communities imagination with in-depth descriptions and fleshed out actions, at the same time we cant forget about what our MC avatars are doing. Often I get caught up in writing and responding that I forget my avatar is looking directly at the ground doing nothing. I now go into 3rd person when I'm not needed to be in 1st and that way I am able to see those around me and have my character act appropriately.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this?

banishment/right to kill off our character. Either way, you wont every see my breaking any game laws or guild contracts.

[Character Questions]

RP name: Dash Rogers

Alias: Dune Walker

Biography: His father is a cartographer, huntsmen/fishermen, worker, traveler and so is Dash. His mother was an intelligent farm girl, but Dash is not so much. Dash learned everything from his father. Map making, which is his small business profession today, how to use the bow, arrows and fishing rod to live off the land, strength as a labor worker which he also honed when wrestling with his father, and what he learned most from his mother and some input from his father, was reading, writing, the history of the world, their beliefs, and the basics of cooking. The 3 lived in Al'khazar well off.

Dash had many childhood friends in the city, all of them including himself were rascals and children of all races, or at least members of races that lived in Oren. They called their group the Band of Brats. Activities included more than inventive city games. It is here Dash put his fathers huntsmen teachings into effect as a keen agile petty thief. The children loved to challenge each other to see who had the balls and who had the abilities. Everyone was typically equal in all categories and therefore relations in the group were often positive. Gradually, the group disbanded one by one. Kids grew up and were moving on to fulfill their aspirations and aid Aegis however their skills allowed as adults. All BoBs were content with the ending and every time a member broke off there was a mutual expectation among everyone that they would all meet again if not at all the same time once more in the future.

When Dash was 17, his parents fairly old and very successful, his mother wanted to see the world how Dashs father had on his travels, so the two gave Dash provisions and final farewells, sold their simple home in the city, and set out to see the world one more time, but to do it together this time.

Since then Dash has also set out to start his small business and see the world just as his youthful father had done.

Often, his experience with the world had been positive. Yet there have been cases where fortune was not on Dashs side, and too often the cause of bad fortune was from a mortal source. Dash feels that criminals run rampant on the roofs and in the streets of Al'khazar and guards are more a part of it than against it. Therefore, Dash has re purposed his childhood skills, and is now a form of vigilante. Most recently, he now attempts to aid the uprising in the underground movement against the Oren rulers and its military. When in the wilds, he cant help but take what he likes from abandoned establishments.

Personality: Warm hearted and will never betray his friends. He is a bit of a story teller and will often boast about things he has never done, like making love to high Elven Princesses, besting Orcs in tests of strength, pulling off impossible bank heists from the most heavily guarded vaults in the secret underground Dwarfish city, and fending off countless hordes of undead with all 5 of his senses disabled by some dark magic he couldn't explain.

He can get pretty loud but overall he's more of a joy to have around than a pest. Dash is ingenuitive, but does not have above average intelligence, barley even average at that. He knows how to take a joke and can play a good one as well. Dash is always optimistic and laughs often. He's not the most charismatic character but he does have some and a good amount of luck to go with it. Dash Rogers enjoys crowds of people so he can most often be found traveling with a party. You will also often find him on sign up sheets for tournaments and competitions of all forms but mostly ones that utilize his agile and fit huntsmen qualities. He can be competitive even when not in a Tournament, but not at all often will he become aggressive towards other competitors.

The times he talks the least is when he is fishing or hunting with wolves. His two favorite hobbies.

Motives: Dash Is what you would call unlawfully good. Meaning he is the robin hood type but does not just steal from the rich and give to the needy, he steals from the evil and gives to the good. Except, Rogers sees the evil in everyone but more clearly sees the good in everyone and finds it hard sometimes to justify his ways. He may also give in to his childish ways and steal something just because of its challenge. He normally only strikes big targets like capital city vaults, and stolen treasure from other villains, not random peoples houses.

Aspirations: Dash wants to follow in his fathers footsteps and become a legendary map maker. Yet he feels it would all be for not if the world he maps is pure evil. He justifies his wrong doings by doing right by them. He fills the common thief/rouge class in a party.

[Open Response. Answer all questions]

You notice a rich foreign merchant in the markets browsing wares such as jewelery, weaponry and armor. You notice a stall owner has just walked away from his stall for a few moments, several guards are patrolling the area, the merchant walks towards the stall to browse its wares. To the North is a sewer grate you could escape through, though the guards seem to be patrolling it more than usual. How will you pull off this thievery?

Depends on my equipment.

((when all potions are added to the game and if they become available for use in LotC)) Dash would be in disguise as the Dune Walker. His approach would be to use the invisibility and or the blindness potions. He would use the invisibility potion to steal from the empty stall with one browser. If the Foreign merchant market browser notices the items being stolen by what would seem a ghost, Dash would splash the blindness potion in his face. When the guards and the absent stall owner hear the commotion and come over I would slip into the sewers, and the blind man may possible get blamed.

((Without potions)): For any and all acts of criminal intent Dash wears and acts as his alias. Charm is not his strongest attribute and direct sly thievery is also a weak point of his. So instead he will have to go for the direct approach if to steal from this stall was that heavily important. The guild needs it quota from all members so Dash has limited choices. He is the kind that takes when there is no one around in the dead of night. But here is the plan, before the seller left, Dash would have checked to see how wealthy and what trades the stall deals with. If it is worth it and the goods are easy to ****** the as soon as the vendor left and the market browser walked over to the stall, Dash would have fallen from the rooftops with a bag and fall on the man tightening the bag around his head, then go for the stall, nab the goods as agile as possible and get out of sight again. When the guards come over to the distressed man and leave their posts, Dash would slip into the sewers.

The Upright Man has asked of you to steal a scroll from a house that is just outside the city limits of Farborough, the house seems to be alive with laughter and drunken men, you look through a window to see the chest is in the room, while 5 drunken men sit around the fire telling war stories, they seem armed but drunk, you see in the corner of your eye a small hole in the roof into the room. The door hinges are old and rusty, it can be easily kicked down. How will you pull off this thievery?

For the good of the guild, accepted without question.

Again splash potion of blindness and invisibility direct assault. Dash would use invisibility first and enter through the roof on a rope and lock pick the chest In hopes the drunkards do not notice the small noise under their loud jeering and do not look over. If they do see the chest opened and the scroll floating out, Dash would then use splash potion of blindness, run past the blinded and confused, and smash out the front door running into the night.

Without potions: Dash would lets their horses out, cause them to make noise and get to the roof of the building. When the drunkards fumble out after their steeds, Dash slips into the hole in the roof by rope ladder, and if any sleepy drunkards remain he knocks them out as quietly as possible using is trained skills in hand to hand combat (lvl 30 wrestling). Picks the lock, grabs the loot, and climbs back up and out.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travelers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull off this thievery?

Unless commanded for a mission, Dash would refuse to rob the old man. It is against is morals.

If it is an important mission and the bag is not just the old mans life savings, Dash would nab the mans dagger first and hold it to the old man in case he awakes and take the bag from him. If the old timer awakes, Dash gives him a fair sum of minas as a sort of forced trade and to keep him quite for the incoming heroes. If the old man stays asleep then Dash still leaves Minas but not as much.

Accepted!

Welcome to the master theives guild brother.

A note: All members to be accepted into the guild or have been accepted via application, will have to still RP joining the Guild IG. (Because this still has to be legit ;). )

Do we have to go to fill out the longform application if we just want to live there?

I grant you luck. Tis a hard world out there, and even I failed to help set one of these up ^^

I think it can be very hard to set up a town like this with the economy flowing. But I will help out as well!

(I have to make villain app, get accepted and then get accepted here first though, but I look forward to try and hopefully help you!)

This is the only town I was looking forward to in the new world. At least let us have a tavern where anything goes.