The Master Thieves Guild

Haldon

Questions]

MC Name:

SimplePancake

Why do you want to join?

Well, I am a villain. Though different. I am not a 'Kill everyone for their armor!' kind of person, my character is a ConArtist. I earn around...1,000 Minas per con. I am quite succesful, and I believe that I bring unique RP, because I

am one of the ONLY ConArtist's LotC has ever seen.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience?

Well, as mentioned above, I love to Con. It is actually incredibly fun, and you have to make sure you do not simply do 'Sprints off after he takes the mans armor'. You have to plan it carefully, and it actually makes you think really well.

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc) I believe Emotes are INCREDIBLY important. Please, tell me what is better.

Thank you for the diamonds. Goodbye.

OR

*Dex catches the diamonds, and he begins to breath heavier. Adrenaline pumps through his body, and his eyes go bloodrimmed. He begins to cackle with glee, and walk off slowly.* [Leaving room open for more RP.]

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this?

Yes, I do understand this.

[Character Questions]

RP name:

Dex

Biography:

Dex is son of Delthor. He was born into the Dark Brotherhood, but when the brotherhood tried to assasinate King Godfrey, Dex got lost, and got arrested. He was kept in Renatus jail for 10 years. Once he was 21, he was let out, as long as he never went to Renatus again.

The idiots never said anything about Salvus, so Dex moved his operations there. He Conned, and Conned, and Conned again! He earnt enough money to even buy a house in Salvus. That house holds over 7 villains, and is currently used as a storage room.

Dex wishes for something more, as he feels that the people who live with him are brutes. Petty bandits. He wants something more organised. He wants the Master Thieves Guild.

Personality:

Dex is...A different one. He thinks of the world as his own little game. He does not think of death as a physical thing, more of...A new stage of life. He does not fear pain. He does not like it. He just accepts it.

Motives:

Dex does what he does because it is natural to him. He was born into the Dark Brotherhood, so he thought it was normal to be a ConArtist. He personally sees nothing wrong with it. He gains more from peoples misery, so that is what he does. Causes misery.

Aspirations:

Dex wants to be a ConArtist like no other. He wants to be able to Con anyone without them even knowing it. He wants to be able to get days away from them before they realise it. Of course, he can already Con. Just, he usually has to sprint away from them to get away.

[Open Response. Answer all questions]

You notice a rich foreign merchant in the markets browsing wares such as jewellery, weaponry and armor. You notice a stall owner has just walked away from his stall for a few moments, several guards are patrolling the area, the merchant walks towards the stall to browse its wares. To the North is a sewer grate you could escape through, though the guards seem to be patrolling it more than usual. How will you pull of this thievery?

Dex would smirk, as this is an EASY job. He would go up to the man, and pull out his trusty bag, full of meat. "'Scuse me, sir! You interested in some diamonds? Only 300 a piece!" The man would look at the bag greedily, and smile. "300 Minas? Thats a bargain! I will buy 10!" Dex would smirk, as he holds out the bag. "Money first, sir. I have been robbed many a time..." The man, to eager to smell a trap, would throw a bag of Minas to Dex. Dex would catch it, and then throw the bag to the man. "Got to run. Sorry." The man would simply think Dex had a new deal, and then he would open the bag, and look inside. Dex could hear his scream of rage...

The Upright Man has asked of you to steal a scroll from a house that is just outside the city limits of Alras, the house seems to be alive with laughter and drunken men, you look through a window to see the chest is in the room, while 5 drunken men sit around the fire telling war stories, they seem armed but drunk, you see in the corner of your eye a small hole in the roof into the room. The door hinges are old and rusty, it can be easily kicked down. How will you pull of this thievery?

Dex would slam the door open, and go and cut all their heads off and take the scroll. [April fools!]

[Okay, serious one now >.>]

Dex would walk in, and take one of the drinks of Ale. He would pretend to take swigs from the cup, until they believe he is a simple friend. Dex would then pretend he is going to be sick. He would sprint over to the chest, and spit out the ale into there, whilst taking the scroll out. Dex would shove the scroll in his jacket pocket, and then walk out the door, saying "Thank you for the Ale!"

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travellers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull of this thievery?

Dex would wait until the travellers are nearby, and then Dex would exclaim "Help! Help! That man has taken all my belongings! That bag, it is mine!" The travellers would look at the man, and growl "Give that Elf his stuff back! NOW!" The man would be flabbergasted, and explain "W-Wh-What?! This is mine!" Dex would glare at the man. "Thats a lie! Please! Help me get my things back! PLEASE!"

The travellers would help Dex, and once that is done, Dex would thank the travellers, and say that he couldn't have done it without them. He would then sprint off, cackling, as he completely manipulated those travellers.

[Yup. Add me at: aryon_lotc]

((You believe you're the only Con Artist hmm? Did I tell you about the time I conned someone into giving me 30k for fake ship blue prints? Mhm?))

Is this guild still active and such? If so, I may consider joining when I get around to creating my new character.

Is this guild still active and such? If so, I may consider joining when I get around to creating my new character.

Aye my friend. Still kicking. We await you're allegiance.

Very well done. A well organized thieves guild like this is definitely acceptable. Good luck and hopefully you guys can create some fun RP.

Edit: I just noticed how long ago this was.. Sorry. : P

((is this guild still recruiting? and is this thread still active or should I post the app somewhere else?))

Guild is still actively recruiting but the thread is outdated. Quite a but has changed in terms of ranking but otherwise the app is still current I think.

I'm interested in joining this guild, but I do have a few questions. If I was to create a villain app, would I have to make another whitelist application that matches it? Even if it was already accepted?

((You would first have to be accepted to the server, then you would need to play for at least a week on the server. I would recommend playing the server for a bit before you apply to become a villain.))

((And to answer your question about making a new white list application to become a villain, its a no, you just have to make the villain app for the character that you want it for.))