† The Clerical Order †

Thrym

Do the clerics have a church, town, monastery, similar they will be based out of?

We are a branch of the Church of Light which is coming in 2.0. No actual base until 2.0 but I'll work on a temporary area.

((Edited, hopefully it's good now. ))

Salamandra I think you missed this.

^ Put a list of accepted members on the thread please.

I have a list.

1)MC Name:Jordan1921

RP Name:Hogarth Irongut

2)Chosen Patron: Lefor

3)Reason For Joining (do not have the reason be to become Ascended):

Hogarth was not always a man of Lefor, when he was young he was sent away by his father to the F.O.A camp. Where he learned how to fight, he also learned the words of Aeriel. But, after long years he decided to visit his father, the Archbishop of the Dwarves again in Kal'urugan, only to arrive shortly after his death.

In his last words he gave all of his possessions to him, and his gold staff to Hiebe.

He also said in his last words, to send my son to Thyrm, where he would take care of me and teach me the ways of the Paragons.

He had me visit my fathers temple, and recite the prayers of each of the Paragons, and for me to choose wisely who to worship.

Being a fighter, he choose Lefor, for his honor in battle. It seems that the Dwarves have been starting to lack honor, being in the fight of Alras and seeing Kjell Ireheart personally skin a man. Hogarth promised to keep his fathers religion, the Paragons alive, and to fight for it.

4)Race: Dwarf

5)Flaws in Your Character:

Hogarth has many flaws, as a part of the Legion, he is forced to follow Kjell, the leader of the legion. even though he lacks honor, but he wishes to climb the ranks of the legion one day.

He is also a bearding, only being 36. So he hasn't have had the time to tone his skills with the Sword.

6) How long have you been on the server:

Since the beginning of the server.

Scenario Questions-Answer how you would react to each situation.

7) You notice an Apprentice Shade harassing a lowly citizen. [shades Are Evil Mages]

Hogarth would contact the guard, and inform them of a plan to capture the Shade. Hogarth would then approach the shade with his sword drawn, in a fighting stance. Once he has gotten the Shades attention, he would rush down the street to the guard house.

Then shout "Guards!" and tackle the Shade and punch him until he knocked him unconscious so the guards can arrest him.

8) You see a small child shivering in the snow.

Hogarth would offer him his fur cape, "Tis mighty cold out, I'll get ye to someplace warm. "

He feels that he is not ready to take on a child yet, he is only a but a child himself to the Dwarven people.He would lead the child to Irongut manor, where the family will take care of him until his parents are found.

9) You are walking down the road when a bandit stops you and threatens to kill you if you don't give him all your money and valuables.

He would first examine the land around him, and ways to use it to his Advantage, when he has formulated a plan he would shout.

"For Lefor!" and charge the man with his Iron Sword, hopefully taking the bandit by surprise. If, he was near a forest and losing the battle, he would retreat into it to try and get him to lose my trial.

10) As you walk through the local market place a person begins to yell that Aeriel and the other patrons are weak and cruel and claims that joining Iblees is the only way to survive.

Hogarth would rush up to the man and say to him, "Iblees may be the easiest way ta survive, but the Dwarves here aren't that weak!"

He would then continue to harass the Iblees follower."Stop yer racket, its giving me a headache!"

If the man refused he would challenge him to a duel in the Arena, if he wins he would stop his racket, if he lost he would give him a fraction of the Minas in his pocket.

If he refused, he would chase him out of the market.

11) A person walks up and asks you, "Why does God allow suffering to continue?"

He would answer the man. "He does allow it to continue to test our Strength!

So when the time comes that we die, we will be stronger then before!" He would then ask the man. "Ye must be down, asking that question, want to go the tavern for a drink?"

"We can share stories."

If the man denies the offer, he would give the man the sword he carries on his back. "I know yer fighting something in yer life, ye better be good at it." and walk away.

ACCEPTED

Sorry if my post count on forums is so low, spend most of my time in the server.

1)MC Name:

Floopster

2)Chosen Patron:

-Aeriel: The Arch-Aenguel of God. Lover and Caretaker of All Souls.

After seeing the corruption this world has endured,and almost broken from the path of the light by the souls consumed by darkness, the Undead, Thordrin has stayed on the path of the the light, in the battle against the darkness that consumes Aegis, in hopes of one day bringing peace and tranquility to the lands. But when the war horn sounds, Thordrin, will be ready.

4)Race:

Human

Skeletons, those reanimated abominations that walk these lands. How dare someone take away a souls afterlife into the darkness? ((Thordrin hates Skeletons so much that in battle, will not attack it, yet flee it.))

About 3-4 months, since September (Texas, US)

7) You notice an Apprentice Shade harassing a lowly citizen, how do you react? [shades Are Evil Mages]

I assure the citizen his/her safety, and tell them to step back. From this point, may the Patron of Aeriel be with me. I tell the Shade to leave the citizen, should he/she disagree,and become violent, I will have no choice but to take action.(Rp, of course) I shall cleanse the ground beneath my very feet, singing the souls of the corrupted. Should he summon his abominations, My conjurations will rebirth, in Righteous Fire.((Reffering to Blazes))

*This was written following the spells and information described so far for Clerics*

Thordrin hate's to see children abandoned by their parent's and does not hesitate to foster them to health. I would offer the child his robe, and feed him should he be starving, you never know how long it has been since the child's last meal. I would take the child to my home, and take care of the child as my own, teaching the child to grow up and be successful, and to follow the light of Aeriel. ((I'm actually fostering a child IG now, Ainion, his father abandoned him and was a bad influence.))

9) You are walking down the road when a bandit stops you and threatens to kill you if you don't give him all your money and valuables.

Attempting to resort to peace, I would ask him why he has gone on such a dark path of violence, attempting to calm the man. Should he lash out, I will do all in my power not to harm him, yet save myself as well. "A dead savior can not save" Should worst come to worse, it would be for the better good of Aegis. He would have a proper burial, nobody deserves to rot on the cold stone pathways of Aegis. He would receive Aeriel's blessing in the afterlife.

10) As you walk through the local market place a person begins to yell that Aeriel and the other patrons are weak and cruel and claims that joining Iblees is the only way to survive.

I would ask him: "How is Iblees wonderful, if all he does is control you, and throw you away when you have done his bidding?", "Aeriel is the savior of Aegis, and only wishes to bring peace and tranquility, even in the afterlife you are treated with respect, and more importantly, you have an afterlife"

I would explain to him: "God does not allow it, too many people deny him and ignore his warnings. If everybody heard gods voice, they would realize that it is up to the races of Aegis, ourselves, to fix the suffering, not his. If you bask in the light of God and Aeriel, you will find tranquility amongst your life here, and in the afterlife."

"May the light of Aeriel bless you on your travels!"

Not at all! Here's a few things:

-You don't need to be a cleric to be a good person, as you kind of stated

-You can't learn magic yet, and you WON'T be able to unless my magic thread is approved, as of right now you have to RP magic, and Thrym is the only person who could teach you Cleric Magic

-I feel some of your situations aren't resolved. :P

Hope this helps you :mrgreen:

The thread has gone through a few updates today. Nothing extremely major but I'd give it a look all the same to be sure you don't miss something.

1)MC Name & RP Name: Fluffikin and Erdulan

2)Chosen Patron: Gazardiael

I seek to dedicate myself to serving the Aenguls and God on Aegis, as they have served, protected and provided for us for time without measure.

I was raised in a family which placed a high value on the lessons the lives of the Aenguls and Daemons have provided and still wish most I meet their protection when I leave them. It seems most disasters which have been averted are likely thanks to their intervention in our past and it seems fitting to try and honour them through service.

4)Race:

Human

Until recently I would have said cowardice, being forced without option to fight for my life over and over has cured me of this however and I find a new thrill in vanquishing the undead with my own hand. I did hold extreme fear of losing friends, or family, which led to me often agreeing to things I shouldn't. They were all lost in the fall of Winterfell and Al'Khazal, which gives one a new perspective. It is sad and yet uplifting. Perhaps currently my biggest flaws are vanity and honour. I say both because, at least in my regard, they go quite closely hand in hand as I am proud of being an honourable man. I lost my honour once and now I can put people at risk, and sometimes myself, rather then risk losing that again.

One week exactly.

7) You notice an Apprentice Shade harassing a lowly citizen. [shades Are Evil Mages]

I would ask the mage what a mage could possibly gain from terrifying a poor citizen of the town, and see if I could mediate a solution. Last I checked harassment may be annoying and possibly receive a fine in some towns but will not be enough to arrest him. Unless he displays outward signs or resorts to magic I doubt I could convince others he is a shade also. Last it could also be that the man owes the shade money, or has stolen from him.

Should he not be placated by this I would ask if his superiors are aware of what he does with his leisure time, and ask who his master is that he risks bringing ridicule or possibly retribution down upon by harassing citizens like this. Should this also not work, and the mage became aggresive, then with reluctance I would draw my axe and tell the citizen to leave and fetch the guards before defending him until he is gone or guards arrive.

In a warm tone like a parent talking to a child doing something emdearing and with a smile I ask what the foolish child is doing out in the snow dressed inappropriately and to go home to his parents before he catches something. Should it turn out he has no where to go I would bring him to a place I know is safe and look for foster parents (the parents if he is lost) for the child.

I chuckle lightly and ask the bandit if we may sit. I explain that I don't carry money on me, or keep valuables, both being far more useful with others that truly need them. I ask what he needs the money and valuables for and give him what I can, telling him that it will make no difference to me or to him. I explain that if he continues one day he will be arrested, or threaten the wrong man, or threaten a man who attacks him, leaving his neck exposed for the noose. I tell him that a steady income, food on the table and a roof is all he truly needs, and stable employment is the most likely way to this. I wish him the guidance of the Aenguls and walk off. Should he attack, I would draw my axe and do the best to put down this man who is a threat to others.

I ask for their evidence against the patrons, since they have decided to put the patrons on trial it is only fair that the evidence be produced. I point out that Iblees left the protection of god, became as family to the first and still betrayed them all, so what hope do they have of him holding an agreement sacred with anyone? I put out that they may survive longer, should Iblees actually win, but that Iblees leaves behind him a miasma of death in which nothing can grow and food is tainted, so even after a conquer by iblees your slow death of starvation is assured. That is if iblees does not decide you would be better as a screeching playtoy for his beasts. I tell the woman that it is not too late to make a new beginnning under the patrons guidance.

I turn to them and with a soft tone and a gentle smile on my face say God does not allow suffering to continue, god simply allows us to make our own choices. The outcome of this is those who chose not to follow him and his patrons making suffering for themselves and all around them. Should enough say to the man taking advantage of his neighbours, or beating his wife, who has turned from a good path 'Enough, WE with our choice choose not to let this suffering continue' then that will stop.

We also have choice in how we handle suffering, which is the truest test of our belief and our greatest opportunity to grow. Without suffering we would not be as strong as we are.

And ultimately, after all is done and our physical bodies lie in the earth, what remains of us will no longer feel any suffering as we return to what God created and provided.

So I ask you to always consider whether you are allowing suffering to occur through inaction or turning a blind eye, and to spread the message that suffering such as we face does not need to happen, if we all care enough to change it."

((I would ask one favour, I play Australian times (GMT +10.5 right now) and, as there is a requirement to catch one of several people in order to join, can you please decline on the grounds that I will never get to pass the test if none of those tend to play similar times?))

1)MC Name & RP Name: Fluffikin and Erdulan

2)Chosen Patron: Gazardiael

I seek to dedicate myself to serving the Aenguls and God on Aegis, as they have served, protected and provided for us for time without measure.

I was raised in a family which placed a high value on the lessons the lives of the Aenguls and Daemons have provided and still wish most I meet their protection when I leave them. It seems most disasters which have been averted are likely thanks to their intervention in our past and it seems fitting to try and honour them through service.

4)Race:

Human

Until recently I would have said cowardice, being forced without option to fight for my life over and over has cured me of this however and I find a new thrill in vanquishing the undead with my own hand. I did hold extreme fear of losing friends, or family, which led to me often agreeing to things I shouldn't. They were all lost in the fall of Winterfell and Al'Khazal, which gives one a new perspective. It is sad and yet uplifting. Perhaps currently my biggest flaws are vanity and honour. I say both because, at least in my regard, they go quite closely hand in hand as I am proud of being an honourable man. I lost my honour once and now I can put people at risk, and sometimes myself, rather then risk losing that again.

One week exactly.

I would ask the mage what a mage could possibly gain from terrifying a poor citizen of the town, and see if I could mediate a solution. Last I checked harassment may be annoying and possibly receive a fine in some towns but will not be enough to arrest him. Unless he displays outward signs or resorts to magic I doubt I could convince others he is a shade also. Last it could also be that the man owes the shade money, or has stolen from him.

Should he not be placated by this I would ask if his superiors are aware of what he does with his leisure time, and ask who his master is that he risks bringing ridicule or possibly retribution down upon by harassing citizens like this. Should this also not work, and the mage became aggresive, then with reluctance I would draw my axe and tell the citizen to leave and fetch the guards before defending him until he is gone or guards arrive.

I ask what the foolish child is doing out in the snow dressed inappropriately and to go home to his parents before he catches something. Should it turn out he has no where to go I would bring him to a place I know is safe and look for foster parents (the parents if he is lost) for the child.

I chuckle lightly and ask the bandit if we may sit. I explain that I don't carry money on me, or keep valuables, both being far more useful with others that truly need them. I ask what he needs the money and valuables for and give him what I can, telling him that it will make no difference to me or to him. I explain that if he continues one day he will be arrested, or threaten the wrong man, or threaten a man who attacks him, leaving his neck exposed for the noose. I tell him that a steady income, food on the table and a roof is all he truly needs, and stable employment is the most likely way to this. I wish him the guidance of the Aenguls and walk off.

I ask for their evidence against the patrons, since they have decided to put the patrons on trial it is only fair that the evidence be produced. I point out that Iblees left the protection of god, became as family to the first and still betrayed them all, so what hope do they have of him holding an agreement sacred with anyone? I put out that they may survive longer, should Iblees actually win, but that Iblees leaves behind him a miasma of death in which nothing can grow and food is tainted, so even after a conquer by iblees your slow death of starvation is assured. That is if iblees does not decide you would be better as a screeching playtoy for his beasts. I tell the woman that it is not too late to make a new beginnning under the patrons guidance.

I turn to them and ask "What have you done to stop it?

God does not allow suffering to continue, god simply allows us to make our own choices. The outcome of this is those who chose not to follow him and his patrons making suffering for themselves and all around them. Should enough say to the man taking advantage of his neighbours, or beating his wife, who has turned from a good path 'Enough, WE with our choice choose not to let this suffering continue' then that will stop.

We also have choice in how we handle suffering, which is the truest test of our belief and our greatest opportunity to grow. Without suffering we would not be as strong as we are.

And ultimately, after all is done and our physical bodies lie in the earth, what remains of us will no longer feel any suffering as we return to what God created and provided.

So I ask again, what have you done that lets you feel you can question God's commitment?"

((I would ask one favour, I play Australian times (GMT +10.5 right now) and, as there is a requirement to catch one of several people in order to join, can you please decline on the grounds that I will never get to pass the test if none of those tend to play similar times?))

DENIED

-You call the child foolish, while he's freezing in the snow. Self Explanatory

-You give a bandit money, how is this stopping him from doing it again? Words aren't everything.

-You become aggressive towards the man in the last scenario?

[Overall your character would have to undergo some major changes, he's very moody. Hostile towards the man who asks: "Why does god allow us to suffer?" Yet when a bandit threatens to kill you, you practically tell him "I'll give you what I have". You're willing to attack a Shade, and not a bandit???]

Not at all! Here's a few things:

-You don't need to be a cleric to be a good person, as you kind of stated

-You can't learn magic yet, and you WON'T be able to unless my magic thread is approved, as of right now you have to RP magic, and Thrym is the only person who could teach you Cleric Magic

-I feel some of your situations aren't resolved. :P

Hope this helps you :mrgreen:

Thank you for the insight, I will work on it, however I was given an offer as the Alras Royal Alchemist(my trade). So I am unsure about my characters path.

((If I could be a Cleric, and still be the Royal Alchemist, this would be beneficial to me. Please let me know, thank you))

-Floop

Thank you for the insight, I will work on it, however I was given an offer as the Alras Royal Alchemist(my trade). So I am unsure about my characters path.

((If I could be a Cleric, and still be the Royal Alchemist, this would be beneficial to me. Please let me know, thank you))

-Floop

[[You don't HAVE to leave other jobs but due to in RP you have to spend a lot of time in prayer and such to become more powerful IF you have another job it is harder to advance in the clerical order]]

Just a quick note. From now on you have to PM the person who gave you the trials (which is currently just me) screenshots proving you did it. If you already have completed trials and I've given you a new one you don't have to redo the other one but, from now on screenshots. Thanks :mrgreen:

DENIED

-You call the child foolish, while he's freezing in the snow. Self Explanatory

-You give a bandit money, how is this stopping him from doing it again? Words aren't everything.

-You become aggressive towards the man in the last scenario?

[Overall your character would have to undergo some major changes, he's very moody. Hostile towards the man who asks: "Why does god allow us to suffer?" Yet when a bandit threatens to kill you, you practically tell him "I'll give you what I have". You're willing to attack a Shade, and not a bandit???]

Thank you for the reminder, the hostile moody sections are not meant to be like that but reading back they definitely come across like that, just didn't establish tone well for them, corrected now. Also:

1) You did not say the child is freezing to death, he's just out in the snow shivering. That does make him a foolish child to my character who was raised in the snow and taught never to leave dressed inappropriately. Even though the tone should be improved not much else would change in that situation.

2) Word's aren't everything, but they're my characters best chance of making a difference. He is a miner, not a soldier or mercenary and in a fight is likely to lose. That's why he will only fight if there is another life at risk (for instance with the shade). Also, I tend to keep little of any value on me, giving him a small amount of items for the chance to change his behaviour is a good deal to me. Given this I cannot update my response without it not being how my character would act. Should the bandit attack however then he would defend himself to the best of his ability or run.

3) Updated the last section to soften the tone to what it should have been. It was a challenge for the man to better the world instead of asking God why it isn't better and as such I feel should be forceful, but should not come across hostile. I hope this is better. The whole thing will need to be read though, colour is not working for this one for some reason...

For ease my original post has the corrections in green, should make them easy to spot.

Thanks

*a red-tailed hawk comes in and drops a letter on Thyrm's desk*

'ello! Ye dunnae know me, but ye know me dad, Bowman. 'ere's me application paper

1)MC Name & RP Name: (Destroyer_Bravo) Nurrak,

2)Chosen Patron: Aeriel

3)Reason For Joining (do not have the reason be to become Ascended): Me dad would 'ave wanted me to, an' some ove 'is friends 'ave came 'ere.

4)Race: Mountain Dwarf (/subrace doesn't work, but I will set to this)

5)Flaws in Your Character: (He is quick to anger, and that got Bowman killed. That's pretty much it)

6) How long have you been on the server: (since September)

7) You notice an Apprentice Shade harassing a lowly citizen. [shades Are Evil Mages]: I'd take a sword, tackle the Shade wit' me most powerful set ove armor, an' cut t'e man's 'ead off, t'en tell t'e civillian to walk away.

8) You see a small child shivering in the snow.: I take 'im to me smithy fer 'im t'e warm up, t'en 'and 'im some bread an' 200 minas.

9) You are walking down the road when a bandit stops you and threatens to kill you if you don't give him all your money and valuables.: I'm a blacksmith. I have a sword, which I will use.

10) As you walk through the local market place a person begins to yell that Aeriel and the other patrons are weak and cruel and claims that joining Iblees is the only way to survive.: 'e's dead. T'e man w'o said t'is, I'd kill in an 'eartbeat

11) A person walks up and asks you, "Why does God allow suffering to continue?": I would say, "It's not God's choice, it's yers. Ye dunnae ask me yer stupid question."