Order Of The Clerics (Recruiting)

Braxis

(Hey, just wondering I posted my paladin app a while back and I was wondering if it may have been simply overlooked or forgotten on accident. I haven't received a accepted or denied response in some time. Just wishing to make sure I don't get left out XD )

*Tyras walks about the city and asks a nearby courier if he has any messages for him*

Courier "Sorry Sir, nothing for you today"

*He nods and walks away hoping he gets a response from the Order of Clerics soon*

((Honestly I am considering making the application process solely RP, as we have enough applications to fill out. Will need to take to Jroy about that though. You will need to make a magic app for BOTH clerics or paladins. Paladins however are considered more 'casual' as they must also focus upon elements of warfare instead of philosophy and healing, as well as limited battle magics considering they are training to be skilled in melee scenarios. To those who have made an app on here and have been overlooked. Contact me IG, /t wardog4445 and we will set up a meeting RP for us to discuss your potential as a paladin/cleric.

@Blade- They're both equal however paladins tend to have a lower... Life span, due to the fact that most of them think it's a good idea to run at a magically inclined dark creature with a blade...]]

Areon finally finishes his packing, hefting the leather sack over his shoulders and heading out his door. He looks down at his map, marked with each location he is to visit during his pilgrimage. Arethor, Solace, Somerset, Ildon, as well as a multitude of smaller churches and chapels. Perhaps on his journey he will meet some pleasant men of the empire. [[hint hint~]]

1.) Mc and Rp Name: Soresan

Sylvan

2.) You Arms of Protection and you skill? [[Weapon and Skill level]]

Sword (Level 28)

3.) Do you swear to use your Arms to protect the people of the Order,the Innocent and the Patrons of the faiths?: I do.

4.) Any Miltiary like past?:None.

5.) Reasoning for joining: Sylvan wishes to join as a Paladin to make a difference in the world. Although he has no skill when it comes to magic, he has a good arm, and a muscular frame.

*The Clerical Prophet Sits in the Clerical Hall and Taps the bottem of his Warstaff. And looks up seeing the Birds he had prepared are now flying off to seek every Cleric, Paladin, Brother and Pupil. He nods as he stands in the doorway of the Entry hall awaiting the meetings to begin*

[[Forum Rp meeting for rolecall and training times begging] And Tryras and Blade are ACCEPTED! Writing the Rp letters now if you dont get em in an hour or two from this post pm me on Ts.]

Areon Baldwin approaches the seemingly desolate fort, the letter in hand, his general appearance seemingly more fresh due to the direct journey to the fort. Walking into the entrance hall he nods towards the prophet. Stepping off to the side and away from the doorway.

"What is this about then, teacher? Has the time come for the test...?"

Areon looks towards his mentor with a perplexed expression, shadowed by general worry and dread. His face flickers in the torchlight, sending distorting shadows across the scarred canvas of his face.

*The Prophet Shakes his head. then speaks*

"No, We wait for the Pupils and Brothers to come to this meeting then we shall start"

(In losing all my skills, buddylist and such.. I can't really do much, so I have to kind of give a reason to why exactly Fengric has been gone. I have sent a 'complaint' to a GM explaining my situation, so as soon as this gets fixed and I find a new texture-pack I will get back on.)

Fengric approaches the Fort, with a look of dread on his face. Walking slowly towards it, body drooping and all muscles thin, he collapses at the gate.

He mumbles to himself, repeatedly, never stopping "gone.. everything is gone.. gone.."

Fengric looks down at his sheath, with nothing but a hilt and broken shards of what was once his sword. Though still wearing his armor, he felt less protected than he ever has. Fengric finally gets up, throws his helmet over the walls, squeezes through the bars of the closed gate, puts his helmet back on and slowly eats bread from his pouch. He finds the strength to try and go down the ladder, but falls down the pit. Landing with a large "THUMP!" Fengric ignores the strong pain in his backside. Fengric scrambles slowly into his room, and rests on his bed.

*The War Cleric Raises a brow and motions with his staff a few Brothers follow Fengric to aid him. He sighs as he faces Baldwin*

"They want to meet, yet when they are summoned none show? None respond to training and none come to the order when needed...I ponder if they do this for the sake of our ways? Or for Themselfs... Come Baldwin lets head to the center of the fort undergrounds we can speak on the subject there.:

Areon nods slowly. Setting his leather bag against the walls, he descends the ladder gently. Careful to hold himself close to the rungs, and avoid scraping his armor against the stone walls that tunneled his descent. He begins to talk as he steps down, speaking above the jangle and clamor of his silver donnings.

"I would argue though, teacher, that the order really has no need for them... Harmony seems to be as prominent as it can be among mortals. There are healings and charities to be performed, but the paladins have no battles, nor foe to slay. It is not all terrible news though, our situation, teacher. We may begin anew within the borders of Alras. Surely there, with a more prominent touch in society, we will prosper and in turn nuture the minds who come to us and turn them into examples of mercy and goodness.

*a young looking man, dressed in the robes of a cleric enters*

Good sirs, I overheard your conversation and , tho I am not yet of the rank of cleric, I think you are right. People don't know us, we cannot help them for they do not know that we are there for them.

This is a problem that has got to be fixed if this order wants to survive, otherwise we will fail and our cause will go to waste...

Areon squints over to the newcomer, obviously a bit annoyed, seeing him for the first time. He grunts slightly as he turns towards the young man, clearing his throat. Staring him down for a few moments, he takes a sharp intake of air before speaking.

"I would not argue the survival of the order at all. There will always be a need for us, but we should be thankful that need is so little now... The people know the clerics perfectly fine, at least in Oren. And we would prefer to stay in the back of the minds that know of us. Secrecy is key, boy, and ye should not be flaunting your rank about... Or affiliations considering you're no cleric yet, unless asked for it. We call into question the type of men within our ranks, not what the people believe us to be, we know what we are... And having others "know" of us, is not our goal, it is simply a side effect, should ye be doing your duty properly... Ye still have much to learn, pupil.

1.) Mc and Rp Name: Mc name: seannie22/Rp name: Altain Crowley

2.) You Arms of Protection and you skill? [[Weapon and Skill level]]: Altain uses a longbow in which he isn't fully trained in yet and still misses the target, he also uses a one handed sword that could be swung with two hands for a better momentum.

3.) Do you swear to use your Arms to protect the people of the Order,the Innocent and the Patrons of the faiths?: I swear to use my Arms to protect the people of the Order, the Innocent and the Patrons of the Faiths.

4.)Any Military like past?: Never was in a military but he did Bounty hunts on bandits in the past.

5.) Reasoning for joining: Altain wishes to protect Innocent people from dangerous hazard.

Areon squints over to the newcomer, obviously a bit annoyed, seeing him for the first time. He grunts slightly as he turns towards the young man, clearing his throat. Staring him down for a few moments, he takes a sharp intake of air before speaking.

"I would not argue the survival of the order at all. There will always be a need for us, but we should be thankful that need is so little now... The people know the clerics perfectly fine, at least in Oren. And we would prefer to stay in the back of the minds that know of us. Secrecy is key, boy, and ye should not be flaunting your rank about... Or affiliations considering you're no cleric yet, unless asked for it. We call into question the type of men within our ranks, not what the people believe us to be, we know what we are... And having others "know" of us, is not our goal, it is simply a side effect, should ye be doing your duty properly... Ye still have much to learn, pupil.

While I do understand you...sir, our goals is , at least as far as I know, helping people. And while you say that our goal is not to be 'known' I do think that being now is an important factor. How can people come to us with their troubles when they don't know where to go? And even if they do know us there are hardly any members of the order let alone people that have studied enough to actually help them. In case you haven't noticed there has not been a single new pupil latly and the current members are either to thin spread or no were to be found at all! Do not get me wrong ...Sir after all I am just, like you said, a pupil. However I have been in training for a long time now and I know what I speak of so maybe you could find it in yourself to listen to me

Areon sighs as he looks towards the young man, his gnarled face sagged by tiredness and annoyance. He rubs his eyes once more, sitting down upon a stool. Setting his silver staff in his lap, he looks down at it, chuckling to himself. As he traces the small indentations from past encounters, a consequence of getting too close to his foe, he looks back up towards the pupil. Face once more grim and stoney, as he speaks of the worries at hand.

"You're telling me things I've already considered, boy. As a pupil, you've yet to understand the full burdens that healing another poses to the clerics that know of such arts. It is exhausting, and we have other commitments to fulfill rather than just helping people... We are not the short termed priest, tending to their single flock. We seek out a harmony between the magical side of things, and the mortal side... If you're only focused upon helping mortals, rather than ensuring the survival and safety for the whole of them, then leave now and join the "True Faith's" clergy. Assumptions will only get ye so far, and within our world, the cusp of magics and mortal, they will get ye barely a step further to where ye wish to be.

We do help people, boy, and we keep those under our sight and within our power safe... But we cannot help everyone, just as not anyone can become a brother of our order... Numbers do not mean anything here. We must ensure that those who come into our order are capable beings, both in faith and skill. Quite simply, we must be careful..."

Fengric hears the mumbling from outside his chambers, and slowly approaches them with a weary look, and weak legs. Fengric struggles to make himself more presentable, and straightens his back to talk

"He is right in saying so, pupil. It has been our duty to help others in any way that we can. Through our help, we gain the trust and respect of those around us. There are many duties, and helping is only but one to consider."

Fengric coughs a bit before continuing

"Though I must say, you must consider ignorance as a factor in this Pupil's unknowing. We are to teach and instruct as elders of our Order, as well as all others in Faith and Sturdiness of mind"

His voice is sounds a bit older, but Fengric decides not to tell them it is his 32nd birthday