Outbreak In Alras

domainoft

Or maybe, Vaq could permanently code this in, so the illness and plague were everyday in Asulon? I.e Some towns would be off-limits if they were too affected. And so on and so forth.

I have great faith in the role-playing capabilities of our player base, I just want to make sure that an idea as good as this one is implemented and regulated in the best possible way.

Technically you don't need my help to start infecting people. My toilet has been running into the alrasian water supply now for many years alone... I'm surprised people have not gotten sick as of yet. You could do some sort of collera or typhoid type infection...

Aye, I had similar concerns. I wished to start small and local with a/a few good RPer's to show people a good example of how to play it, keep the sickness small and "realistic" so that we don't have mindless zombies running around. Once the player base was introduced and used to RPing minor sickness.....then you could try you hand hand at manufactured sickness's IE cursed items, someone tainting water supply with a thousand lost artifacts of the Undead under there tower, or some other creative way. I wholly share your concerns Juno, to many a good idea die out because they are implemented poorly.

I did like the suggestion of a sickness implemented by vaq.....but i'm sure he has enough to do right now so we'll have to make it work on our own. At least until the modeling api is out.

This sounds pretty interesting.It will be sort of a way for people to prove that they are good RPers.I might even get sick even if there is no outbreak.I go to Blunder's tower a lot so it would make sense.

I've considered doing this with lice...

I support this. If not Alras, then maybe a different place.

psssh, we have bathhouses around the city and we have a proper aqueduct system for waste... the citizens of Alras are quite clean, sickness wouldn't spread too much as I would immediately have the secret police remove those whom are sick to never be heard from again, haha. But I welcome most RP and I believe this would be interesting.

post-26533-0-23309500-1330134274_thumb.j

To start with keep it simple anyone who wishes to get sick for RP....I'd suggest not starting any "Powergaming" flu spawned off the times under any wizards tower... Such things need to stay controlled and approved by many people to become lore, as they WOULD become lore if such an event were to happen....Feel free to take this idea and run with it though, perhaps you'll start your own event. I only wanted to bring the idea to the "possibly upside-down" table so that others could use it.

Since my guys lika badass indiana jones explorer type dude, i'd love to take part in going into some preset place to find the source and destroy it!

Technically you don't need my help to start infecting people. My toilet has been running into the alrasian water supply now for many years alone... I'm surprised people have not gotten sick as of yet. You could do some sort of collera or typhoid type infection...

It was you! :angry:

I always knew that the water tasted strange. They just told me to quit my whining!