Outbreak In Alras

domainoft

This is a fantastic suggestion. If it was implemented correctly, the "plague" would create a wide range of roleplaying possibilities.

+1

I had given thought to that... perhaps if we infected them enough they would stop getting attacked? Who would want to invade infected lands risking your own troops?

One good thing about it is Bundelmore that starts spreading the disease is that nobody never will (Censored) with him XD, so there arent any danger of AIDS XD

Make it water based all of a sudden I have a really great rp reason to sell glass bottles of water!

Nothing like the death of thousands to make good buisness ;)

I don't buy bottled water unless it is imported from fiji and cost 10 times more than regular water :D

I had given thought to that... perhaps if we infected them enough they would stop getting attacked? Who would want to invade infected lands risking your own troops?

How about if someone was to try and contain the outbreak by killing everyone infected?

That's what they did last time. lol.

This would be fun. Trade goods could carry it to other nations and perhaps monks, clerics, shaman and other healers would be forced to intervene on the behalf of their nations. Maybe certain areas would become like the miasma, eating away at your hunger rather than health to simulate sickness, weakness and vomiting and such.

Nations at war could dump their infected into the water supply or launch their bodies over the walls with siege weaponry. The infection could be simulated by GMs launching debuff potions and passed onto others in a similar manner. Highly populated and contaminated areas, such as markets and transportation centers, could have miasmas set up, picking away at the health of anyone nearby.

Lots of details left to work out, but sounds cool.

I think Alras would be a bad place to start. Too many player go through there. I think it would be alot funnier Rp if the disease started in a village, small number of player qould start with it.

If the Rp was fun, then the villagers would seek help from another village... and spread the illness. The kingdons would start to notice. First they would try and contain it, and keep it a secret, but that is never possible. Then roads would be blocked, trying to stop sick people from moving into their nation. The population would start to notice and ask questions, when they found out a riot could start. A cure could start to try and be found by healers, mages and achemists ordered by their rulers. Then a lot of political rp could be done; a cure was found, the ruler has now the possibility to cure the illness, he can gain power by giving it to other nations, or gain money by selling it to the other nations, or keep ot from another nation as they are at war. To his people, he could give it, sell it, or keep it only to the worthy. Spys would be sent to steal the potion, or just check how the nation would be doing, Villains would use it to aid them, create fear, say it was their fault when it was not. Villagers would start fearring anyone coufing. There could be a clear distintion between the characters that are really good people and help the needed, and the ones that fear for their life and kick the sick away.

I only see good rp situations about this event, and this type of progression just came into my head, the real thing is always much better than one can imagine.

If the initial ilness wasen't fun, then the sickness would just pass away as all do.

Either way, I hope this event happens.

I don't buy bottled water unless it is imported from fiji and cost 10 times more than regular water :D

So that's where Alras tax money goes. Dat revelation...

This wouldn't work out, why? Because looking at me cures everything. Also, I got those new baby wipes from Walmart so germs can't get on me.

Many good ideas, keep them coming and please feel free to set up your own events. As I said this idea is free to anyone who wishes to plan it out. I would take the advice of many and plan it small. Even the smallest of events can become a world wide one in time.