The Guardians

Hobolympic

((Should have written this A LONG time ago, as we are an old guild, but here it is. I'll also make a logo for the guild when I got the time. If you're on your phone, make sure to use the full version of the forum, or else you can't read ))

(( EDIT: The whole ****** post glitched or something, it deleted large parts of it. This means that I must sit here for 3 hours to repair the damage done. FML ))

((The post is finally up. Luckily, I had an almost complete post in word :) ))

The Knight's Legacy

"Protecting the people is our cause, defending the weak is our purpose, maintaining justice is our destiny"

History of old

In the havoc of war, the Guardians were created. It was a guild, with the intention of protecting the people of Oren, and her borders. The guild grew strong, and established a fort, not too far away from New Terriko. Covenants were made, battles were won, and justice maintained. Thus far, the guild had grown into one of the most powerful groups in Aegis, wielding iron and steel with pride. But then, shortly after the golden period, Iblees stormed the world, unleashing vast destruction, fear and suffering. Even the dead came out from their graves as the necromancers summoned their dark magic to let them rise once again, with a new purpose: To destroy the whole of Aegis. Strongholds for the undead were built. Battles went on for years, with the loss of countless of people, dying for their own freedom.

The Guardians stood vigilant against the swarming forces. They suffered greatly as the majority of the guild fell in their own arms. The undead marched to the great fortress of the Guardians, seeking to purge the rest from this world. "The Last Stand" was at hand. The Guardians kept the undead at distance with great effort, cleaving their swords and axes, rendering the flesh of the dead, piercing the rotten cores of the once-great men. The Undead realized that the battle was lost, and fled. The fort was crumbling, the walls that once stood great, falling apart. The loss of the General was a huge blow, and the guild almost dispatched. Then a commander of the guild, Adian Brod, came to leadership. He patched everything up, preventing the guild and fort from falling apart. The guild was on their feet yet again.

Through many years, The Guardians lacked resources and strength to help Oren with racial conflict. All they were thinking about now was to save themselves and the people, from the hands of the undead. "The Dawn of Mortality", the fall of the Undead Keep, up in the north. The Guardians were there. Digging beneath the very structure, as the plan was all about, until they finally broke into the fort of the hardest rock known to man; Obsidian. Many of Iblees' servants were killed during the great battle. This gave the Guardians time and courage to keep pressing on. The forge had never been hotter, and the steel had never been better.

Many years went as the Guardians recovered, growing by each day. Until the day a strange relic rose up from the ground, right in front of their very own keep.

The undead were back, with greater forces. Galahar on the right side, New Terriko on the left, and the great fort of the Guardians in the middle of it all. The strange relic seemed to be alive, as the Undead fended of the Aegians with burning balls of fire and lightning striking from the sky. It went on for many months, until the final push from the Guardians, along with the other forces that stood united. The soldiers and people raised their hands up to the sky, claiming victory. The relic, withered before them, fell down. However, the ignorance was to become tragic. The whole relic suddenly exploded, killing hundreds. DDark creatures emerged from the smoke, feeding on the people. It was yet again a great loss, but with the combined strength of the remaining forces, they we're pushed back into the hellish hole.

After a couple of months, the majority of The Guardians lost their trust to Adian as a leader. He had not been very active with the guild, and was never present in the previous battle. A revolution took place, and the majority fled. Some left for good, others united under a new banner; The Knight's Legacy.

Recent History

Led by Jordan Stilwell, a human, Baruk-Ghaz, an orc and Argalas, an elf, the KL went north, to an old Guardian outpost. They developed it into a fort, and it was not long until the undead came knocking on their door yet again. The conditions were harsh up in the north, but rewarding. Anything that hindered the undead was worth it all. What was so convenient about it all was the rich ground of iron ore and the thick pine forests. This made the KL suffer no loss in resources, supplies or men. The guild had grown strong, perhaps even stronger than The Guardians. However, this was not enough. Al’Khazar fell, and the KL was forced back, towards southern lands.

Sergeant Falcon and Sergeant Hyperion manage to come up with a deal with Renatus and the feudal town of Galahar. The KL moved to Galahar, as rumors had been going; about corruption, deceit and lies. Yes, even the undead were walking the streets. Most of the KL members were granted keys and authorization, as well as the ability to arrest people legally. They opened a guild house as well. In secret, the KL made researches about the government, and found out information they should never have known in the first place. Some claim these were lies, others claim that this is the truth; that the government was corrupt and mistreating citizens. All observations were logged by the KL, even Jordan Stilwell, A KL general was captured and almost murdered in his own cell by bandits. The phoenix guards just stood there, unable to act, rather unwilling. This gave the guild a better view of the situation in the town, and it soon led to a Revolt, against Gideon Silverblade as a primary target, and most of the government. The KL, Ser Markus Powell, Rerowin the steward along with a bunch of others unsatisfied by the tyranny, as claimed, stormed the keep with blades and bows. Unfortunately for the revolt, they were pushed back, and the KL fled back to the guildhouse.

The Guards came knocking on the door, craving that we signed a paper, indicating that we had to leave the city in less than an elven day. So we signed the paper, packed our stuff and left. The deal was clear: Leave, and you shall be spared. Stay, and be killed. Unfortunately for the KL, the deal was not kept by Galahar, and Braxis sent his army at us, slaughtering the lot of us, while the rest fled to Lieutenant Aldron’s house on Whisper Isles. Alras fell shortly after, and Galahar was suspiciously “evacuated” right after the happening. The destiny of Aegis was clear, but the champions of the nations ventured into the damned nether themselves, stopping the endless hunger of the undead. Still, Aegis could not be saved. The whole of Aegis evacuated, fled by boat to the lands of Asulon.

The remaining members of the KL decided to finally settle down, after a lot of conflict, constant moving, and troubles. They founded the town of “Glenwood”, a safe haven to all allies of the KL. The knight’s legacy thought that the peace had finally settled down. It had not. Almost every week, the town was a subject to bandits, Renatians and several other groups. Not to mention the fall of a great leader, Argalas. The guild mourned for months, blown away by the loss of the General. To top it all, Glenwood had to move, due to it laying on Salvus territory. Discussions went on for weeks, and it went the wrong way for the guild. They got split all over Asulon. Jordan and Baruk fled to Salvus, opening a wood shop, some others fled to different towns like the capital of Hanseti and Azar.

The men were gathered yet again shortly, when it was rumors about Azar mistreating citizens and bad conditions under Lord Renati’s rule. Baruk-Ghaz came in contact with Markus Powell again, who led the whole assault. The architect of Azar had not been payed for his work, so he decided to join the cause as well. The town being seiged, Markus crowns himself, opens a guild house for the KL within the town, and founds the nation of Andromeda. Now, the guild has come together once again, with less people, but greater will, under the banner of the proud guild, destined to protect and serve the people of Asulon.

((Might add some more later. Btw, everything here is true, it all happened ingame. ))

Basic Information

The purpose of the guild has always, and will always be, to protect the people. The KL will always do what they think is right for the people, and will always try to negotiate peace. As an accepted applicant, you'll be a recruit until you've shown true loyalty and courage to the guild. You will get an iron blade for your own personal use, and hopefully, if the stocks last, chainmail or leather armor.. All members get bunks and a chest to store their items. We will soon build a great vault, granting privates and up access to 3 double chests of their own use. As a private and up, you'll be given a set of iron armor. If you bring your own ingots, we'll repair it for you for free. As a sergeant and up, all repairs will be free of charge. Food is given to all members, free of charge. At the moment, we're residing up in Ascella, where we got our guild house. We're planning to put up another charter for our old town, "Glenwood", very soon.

You are free to use any of your own personal stash in our guild. For example, if you're a recruit, you are naturally allowed to bring your own iron armor.

We are in need of money! If you think our cause is just, please send us a donation, either money, supplies or arms! All help is appreciated! ((/money pay erlend0501 (Amount) or /money pay Florishier (amount) ))

Ranks

1. Recruits - Daedric

2. Privates - Merfall

3. Corporals - Lotharious

4. Sergeants -

5. Lieutenants - Grogtar

6. Captains -

7. Commanders -

8. General - Jordan, Baruk

Wall of Honor (Deceased members)

Argalas - KL General, died in battle. Will always be missed and honored.

Aldron - KL Lieutenant, died in battle.

Falcon - KL Sergeant, assumed dead.

Hyperion - KL Sergeant, died in battle.

Kiwiona - KL Corporal, assumed dead.

Gavin - KL Corporal, assumed dead.

Henry - KL Private, died in battle.

Duradel - KL Corporal, died in battle.

Ardognious - KL Sergeant, assumed dead.

Credwileon - KL Corporal, assumed dead.

Faelin - KL Private, assumed dead.

Mark - KL Private, died in battle.

Alzaan - KL Private, murdered.

Allies/Friends: (The way we see it)

Andromeda

Salvus

Hanseti

Enemies:

Renatus

The Code of The Guardians

The code was decided back in the old Guardians. They apply to the Knight's Legacy as well. In order to be a member of the guild, one have to swear an oath, to not break the code.

- Thy are not to harass or insult any of your brothers.

- Thy are not to harm your brothers in any physical or mental way.

- Thy are to abide to all orders and rules within thy guild.

- Thy are not to betray your brothers.

Consequences for breaking the code

- Fines

- Demotions

- Jail

- Execution

Recruitment

The Knight's Legacy is in need of more members! Apply today!

If you wish to join the guild and help their cause, you have to fill out this formal application. By doing so, you accept the orders of your superiors in the guild, and promise to follow them. By applying, you are not afraid of death nor suffering, as it is a small sacrifice for the greater good. ((Most of our current members are EU, but every timezone may join. You are required to be a good roleplayer, because if you break any rules of the server, we will NOT back you up. This application is all IC.))

Application form:

(( If there is anything else you are wondering, or perhaps you got some suggestions, do PM me.)

Best Regards - Jordan Stilwell & Baruk-Ghaz.

No offence, not to flame you thread ir anything but, you betrayed Andromeda to go to Seventis did you not?

No offence, not to flame you thread ir anything but, you betrayed Andromeda to go to Seventis did you not?

Andromeda is disbanded and Ascella joined Seventis. Also, he did not "betray" anyone, he merely saw which side was right. Quite a difference.

*gently nods to himself while reading the note,pleased by the guilds efforts to climb back on it's feet*

"Ah , 'tis a pleasure to know the guild is finally rebuiling.Perhaps one day it shall be renown for it's great deeds throughout Asulon once more"

Well, what happened was that we were told that Renati was corrupt, and was mistreating his people, and we joined the attack on Azar, by teaming up with Markus, who started Andromeda. Then later, the Azarian people built Seventis, and Azar was renamed Ascella. After I talked to Lord Renati about the war claim on Seventis, I realized that we were being manipulated, and that the majority of the arguments from Andromeda were lies. Next to that, it would be against the guild's purpose. (( I haven't hit this post in a while, gonna edit it now.))

Ah I remember this guild... T'was in it to as one of the few, if not only novice mages in it as well then. Well at least the Guardians haven't passed into the halls of disbanded guilds. Or "Knights Legacy" as they are now known.

Ah I remember this guild... T'was in it to as one of the few, if not only novice mages in it as well then. Well at least the Guardians haven't passed into the halls of disbanded guilds. Or "Knights Legacy" as they are now known.

Aye, there have been many in the guardians that has not been listed. I have been thinking for a while, and thought perhaps that we could change the name back into "The Guardians". Perhaps we will one day

Hell ya ex commander jack here good to see ye bring it back if you need a guild house I have a fort being made to protect my cities and border if you guys are intrested is baruk with ye as well. We got Adians son with us and zafus but he hasnt been on for weeks so I am in command of my land so I invite you to come over and aid us we share some allies and enemys it could be like the old days all the high ranking guardians together agaainn.

Hell ya ex commander jack here good to see ye bring it back if you need a guild house I have a fort being made to protect my cities and border if you guys are intrested is baruk with ye as well. We got Adians son with us and zafus but he hasnt been on for weeks so I am in command of my land so I invite you to come over and aid us we share some allies and enemys it could be like the old days all the high ranking guardians together agaainn.

Baruk has been inactive recently, due to his exam year etc. I don't think he has quit tho. Yeah, let's meet up ingame sometime. I'm waiting for the server to update though.

*A red tufted hawk circles overhead then drops an envelope. Inside the envelope is a small note, neatly written on a small piece of parchment in black ink*

Baruk,

I realise it has been a while since we last convened. But I assume our arrangement still stands?

~DW

Has the KL been closed?

Nope, what makes you think so?

KL Application

Name - Lan Snow ((MC name: Icelifreakx))

Race ((With Subrace)) - Human, Southeron.

Age - 17

Where do you live and come from? - I have not settled yet, one of the reasons I am in need of a Guild.

A couple of small sentences about yourself - I am an aspiring swordsman whom just started his journey yesterday, I have something a lot of people have forgotten about. Honor, I always keep my word and I have always remained faithful to my fellow companions. ((I just joined Lord of the Craft yesterday))

Why do you wish to join the Knight's Legacy? - I need somewhere to stay. Everyone says I won't make it without a guild having my back, since my luck hasn't been so good, I decided I needed to join a guild. This guild in particular says that "The purpose of the guild has always, and will always be, to protect the people. The KL will always do what they think is right for the people, and will always try to negotiate peace." Mostly because of these words I thought I needed to join. I like protecting people and I also enjoy having a guild have my back, So I really wish you would let me join, even if I lack a lot of the required skills.

What do you wish to achieve in this guild? What are your goals? - I want to protect everyone, the feeble and weak, the poor and if necessarily even the rich.

Do you swear to protect the people and your brothers, with your very own life? - Yes, i swear to protect the people and my own brothers, even if it means putting my life at risk.

Do you swear an oath by Aeriel, that you will not break The Code of The Guardians? - I rather be sent to the void, rather than break The Code of The Guardians.

Any useful skills that you can muster? I am sorry for I am a very weak man, another one of my reasons for joining a guild is to make myself stronger. Even if all I do is clean up around the guild hall, I want to be part of this guild for eventually I will too be able to protect.. ((Skills points, Lumberjack: 6, Swordsmanship: 3.))((Post your skill points))

Any other information that might come in handy - Despite my inability to swing a sword properly, I have a very nice way with words and can get out of almost any trouble.

KL Application

Name - Lan Snow ((MC name: Icelifreakx))

Race ((With Subrace)) - Human, Southeron.

Age - 17

Where do you live and come from? - I have not settled yet, one of the reasons I am in need of a Guild.

A couple of small sentences about yourself - I am an aspiring swordsman whom just started his journey yesterday, I have something a lot of people have forgotten about. Honor, I always keep my word and I have always remained faithful to my fellow companions. ((I just joined Lord of the Craft yesterday))

Why do you wish to join the Knight's Legacy? - I need somewhere to stay. Everyone says I won't make it without a guild having my back, since my luck hasn't been so good, I decided I needed to join a guild. This guild in particular says that "The purpose of the guild has always, and will always be, to protect the people. The KL will always do what they think is right for the people, and will always try to negotiate peace." Mostly because of these words I thought I needed to join. I like protecting people and I also enjoy having a guild have my back, So I really wish you would let me join, even if I lack a lot of the required skills.

What do you wish to achieve in this guild? What are your goals? - I want to protect everyone, the feeble and weak, the poor and if necessarily even the rich.

Do you swear to protect the people and your brothers, with your very own life? - Yes, i swear to protect the people and my own brothers, even if it means putting my life at risk.

Do you swear an oath by Aeriel, that you will not break The Code of The Guardians? - I rather be sent to the void, rather than break The Code of The Guardians.

Any useful skills that you can muster? I am sorry for I am a very weak man, another one of my reasons for joining a guild is to make myself stronger. Even if all I do is clean up around the guild hall, I want to be part of this guild for eventually I will too be able to protect.. ((Skills points, Lumberjack: 6, Swordsmanship: 3.))((Post your skill points))

Any other information that might come in handy - Despite my inability to swing a sword properly, I have a very nice way with words and can get out of almost any trouble.

Anyone with a strong heart can join. Even though you speak of yourself as "weak", we all have to start at some point, and eventually grow stronger. You are young and promising, you have the whole future ahead of you. I'd gladly let you into the ranks. Unfortunately, the time is a bit inappropriate, so you'll have to wait before I can officially allow you to join. This is mainly due to us having lost our guild hall after the destruction of Ascella. But don't lose hope, my friend. We'll contact you as soon as possible. I've found an old friend from the Guardians who've come with a unique offer, looks very promising. I hope I will see you very soon, friend. If a little too eager, come and see me at Solace, the capital of Salvus.

Jordan Stilwell, KL General.

(( just talking about a day or two. I'll send you a pm on forums, or a bird in game))

Nice to see, that you guys are rebuilding.)) Anyways I want to explain somethings. First I agree with you guys my father was not a leader. He knew what was required of him to lead but he feel short and for that I say sorry to you guys. You may call he a bad leader, not fit to lead, never around, etc. But he was a good father. I was the thing keeping him back, he wanted to protect me. From the evils in the world so he keep me hidden. He didn't want to me to see the world as it was corrupted. So he spent countless hours teaching me to survive in the wild, taking him away from The Guardians. When he returned he was tired from days and nights of consent teaching. He tried to juggle the guardians and me but he couldn't. When he went to the outpost, he was so tired, he was grumpy. So he got there and when Baruk tried to take over, his anger exploded. They fought a glorious battle and Baruk took Adian down. He was rescued by the monks. Too tired to take the long trek to me and back, he lead me to the place where he lived. When the day that all of Aegis went to the temple was the day he died. He was so exhausted and weak. Finally making it there after all have ran into the verge, an undead attacked us. I ran to the portal, my dad sacrificing himself to save me.((ooc reason I wasnt around was, I had school from the minute I woke up till 3:30 UTC time. Then I had homework, and if i didnt do it i wasnt allowed on. So I usually got on around 11:00pm UTC.))

I do not know if Baruk hates me just because I'm the son of Adian or not. I am just wondering if you guys are going to take jack up on that offer. Also that is for the most I know of my father, so I am trying to find out anything about him if you guys know anything. Please tell me.

Signed, Syrus Brod.