The Asulon Blood Games

Goliath

I sure this has been mentioned before, but I hadn't seen anything in this section, so I thought why not?

Here, Asulon... is the Blood Games...

Event Planners, MC Names: Myself, A few others, and anyone else who wishes to (Comment!)

Event Date: Not yet decided

Event Type: Competition

Players/Nations effected by the event: 4 from each large nation

Event Location: Due to being on a large scale, it will need multiple locations. I am hoping for most of them underground, but to be completely honest, where ever the GMs see fit.

Summary:

The Asulon Blood Games!

From each nation, a random 4 will be chosen to compete in the blood games, a life or death fight till the end. On the forums, you can apply to be picked from the 'Blood Games Hat' (This will be added if this idea is supported by GMs. To apply you will need to pay a fee of 50 minas to get the event started and to pay winners. If you are not chosen, there are no paybacks.) Once 4 from each major nation is chosen, forward they shall step in the most fierce tournament they shall ever face.

Before the killing shall commence, a race to the finish shall start this tournament. Everyone watching shall poll who will leave victorious, those who chose correctly will win 100 minas. The race is underground, involving hazardous jumps over gauges in the ground, fighting back the mobs of the deep and even a savage boat race up a fast flowing river. Those who make it through the river will then face a mad dash to the finish, where teamwork and backstabbing is key. They must face a final horde of monsters beside the finsh line.

Now, as the winning nation stands victorious, a few days wait is ahead of them as the real Blood Games commences. Half in the burning forests, and the rest in the deep mines of Asulon. The teams will be seperated each side of the treacherous forest. The Hunger Games begin now. With a golden sword each, tactics is the aim of the game. A chest lies beside the teams, filled with wood, bows and arrows. As they collect the items, a chime shall echo through the forests, here, they shall start. Climbing the burning trees, stalking opponents, the games shall start. The nations best will fight till the death in these games. Monsters shall lurk within these forests, along with traps as they go.

Some may chose to set up in the tree tops, firing down at their enemies, while the others stay on land, it is up to them. Once a second chime echos, it tells Asulon that two of the nations representatives stand. Together they will walk into the caves, either side.

A third chime tells the two teams to commence, and through the traps, through the monsters, through the fast underground currents, they shall fight. The winning team shall be pronounced the 'Blood Games Champion' and behold an extremely rare enchanted weapon, perhaps a VIP?

Other Information: If you have any ideas to add to this, please comment. If you would like to be a part of this, please say so. Remember, this is a work in progress, so of course there will be mistakes. I assume this event will be livestreamed so we can all watch it!

I hate the hunger games books, because they are clearly written to a 14 year old girl, but this does sound really fun.

I like it, but try not to make it sound like it stolen right from a book. The Mori were taken from a book called Homeland, with a few things changed. It gets irritating when people just start taking things from books without thinking them up themselves.

Support. I've been thinking of something like this.

I hate the hunger games books, because they are clearly written to a 14 year old girl, but this does sound really fun.

I'm definitly not a 14 year old girl, but I enjoyed the books. But this isn't the debate section. I do also like the idea.

I like it, but try not to make it sound like it stolen right from a book. The Mori were taken from a book called Homeland, with a few things changed. It gets irritating when people just start taking things from books without thinking them up themselves.

I think the Mori were taken from DnD's drows, actually.

I agree with you, but this idea sounds awesome~

Thanks for the support guys! If you want to help in setting this up if/when this is accepted, please do comment!

Here is an idea that will make people take this more seriously and others to enjoy it more

You die in the games your RP character dies

duh...duh...daaaaah....

I LOVE this idea. I support.

As intersting as this would be, what is the RP behind this? Sure, the Hunger Games make sense in the context of the book(the tributes are the grattitude paid to the capital for not destroying the places they're from), but here, there's no point. Until you answer that, I don't see this getting off the ground.

Please do not misconstrue that I dislike the spirit behind the idea: that, in essence, this will be a competition of fighting skill, cleverness, even good fortune and pure survival. I disapprove of this and here is why:

I've read the Hunger Games; they're pretty engaging books and the characters too. I view Asulon as a world unto itself, as it should be. It remains separate from our world and the only connection between Asulon and the Real World is us, those who play on the server, those who make up its world and its lore. I don't mind it when inspiration is taken from IRL, for where else would it come? All ideas, even ones rooted in imagination, stem somehow from things we've seen and experienced in life. But I am of the opinion that we should be very careful as to what we bring from our real life to Asulon.

Of course it wouldn't bother my character if the "Hunger Games" came to Asulon, as he would have no idea what they were, no idea that they truly came from a book, but I would bothered immensely by it OOCly. I always personally find it really, intensely grating (like enough to make me want to flip over tables in rage) when people simply take directly from books or other media; be it names of characters or more importantly concepts that remain unaltered in any way, shape or form; that they did not bother to remake with their own voice. As in this case, here, from what I understand you have barely changed it at all, only did so because you had to to suit Minecraft's limitations and motif.

The "Hunger Games" exist and are called such in the books for a reason; those reasons do not exist in Asulon. Asulon is very far from the dystopian hell of the Capitol and the 12 districts; where the majority are starving, clinging onto life and the tiniest glimmer of hope; where those chosen have no choice but to compete in the Games and die in a merciless, savage way anyways because the Capitol demands it as a means to exert their control, as a way of saying "You are nothing. I own you and your life" because that it is essentially what it is. It is a show of power and it is punishment. It is a way to curb any form of open dissent by showing that everyone in the districts are nothing but bugs to be squashed if desired by the Capitol. It is the government's way to say that the Capitol's full weight and wrath will fall upon those who rebel and the Capitol will obliterate them wholly.

I wish you had a lore for the "Hunger Games" existing in Asulon: why are they being brought to Asulon at all? What is the IC point of (let's face it, only one person can live) sacrificing your life in these games for such a pittance as a magical weapon, in the books, they had no choice but to compete and hopefully, on a whisper of a hope, come back alive to their loved ones. There was always an air of desperation in the Games because they knew they would die in brutal manners meant to entertain the heartless masses, who viewed them truly nothing more than animals, toys, and they would have to kill their fellow competitors in probably equally brutal ways. In the books it is portrayed as barbaric and animal, cruel, for those who had to participate.

I urge you to change the name to something else, to do more than simply lift the concept of these Games from the books and change it so it is more fitting and appropriate to Asulon's setting. If your idea were changed enough so that it was nearly unrecognizable from the "Hunger Games" books, I would consider adding my support.

I was literally designing this thread and the build of the arena in my head, and had done some drafts.

I love this idea, and would love to help in anyway possible to make it happen.

Great idea, I would love to help if you need it. I think things would be a lot more interesting with Anore's idea though.