The Gilded Masquerade (Nobles And Thieves)

HappyShackles

The Gilded Masquerade

A letter circulates around Asulon. You find a copy of the illustriously decorative invitation distastefully nailed onto a local noticeboard.

Dear Guest,

You have been cordially invited to attend the absolutely most remarkable ball to ever grace the halls of a my estate, De Sangre. My masquerade will bring for the whitest, reddest, blackest, bluest and most beautiful people of Asulon together, and you have been very charitably selected to attend The Gilded Masquerade. Wine, food, music, mystery, mischief, dance, and romance await you at De Sangre. Be dressed in your finest of attire, and bring a single guest along with you. We will tolerate no Orcs, Goblins, Mori, Wood Elves, Dwarves or half-breeds with exceptions only if you are shown to be fully capable of maintaining the high standards of the top echelon of all Asulonian society. Bring a masque, or be immediately rejected at entry.

~Adrian S. Beaumont, Esquire

The underground groups, such as the Master Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood, as well as other well-connected shadowy figures, receive confidential information from a contact.

Dear Unsavory Figure

It has been discovered through certain networks that the man calling himself Adrian S. Beaumont is in possession of an ancient statue, plundered by his family's goons from the depths of Aegis years before the cross through the verge into Asulon. It is said to be of untold value, none like it in the world in material or craftsmanship. Some say it is of Aeriel herself, others say it is of Iblees. A few even say it is the image of God himself. You can imagine how valuable this would be. Infiltrate this 'De Sangre' mansion and retrieve the artifact. I suggest using his upcoming masquerade as a means of infiltration. I have a contact on the inside that will help you along. Blow this, and you never heard of me.

~A.S.

The Event

The Gilded Masquerade will be just as you would assume. A masquerade. Actors will play the parts of friends of Mister Beaumont and some of his guests, and any may try to gain entry. However, the area of the manor will be made impossible to enter without the proper permissions, which will be granted by a gate guard. This will prevent a swarm of those who would not be able to enter the ball in their attire or due to their race or apparent status (or even accent.)

Those with characters accepted within under the idea of attending a normal ball will get just the opposite. Festivities will go as planned, but over some bit of time the entertainers and waiters (played by actors) will be noticeably blank in their interactions, as if they have been scripted in everything they say. Adrian Beaumont is a sorcerer, and has siphoned the magic from the statue for years as his father had, feeding thieves and heros souls to it.

Adrian will capture many of the guests (actors and players willing to be captured) with his mind-controlled waiters, maids, butlers, guards, traps, and so on. Those remaining will be forced into a corner. A large trap door will fall beneath the remaining players and they will end up in the center of a forest-like biome. Adrian and a few of his personal guests look down upon the survivors with intrigue, and Adrian begins their test.

The group must go through several chambers of mob combat (the mob concentration determined by the strength of the survivors to make the necessary casualties.) At the end the final few do a full RP battle with the frustrated Adrian. His powers fade and he runs off. More mobs attack to cover his retreat.

The remaining survivors meet with A.S.'s inside man/woman who has served Adrian for years. The contact guides them through a maze of mobs in the catacombs beneath the mansion. They reach the vault and open it. Adrian stands in the center of a room surrounded mostly by lava. On one end of the room is the captured attendees. On the other end is the statue. Both are suspended in cages, and depending on the remaining survivors, they decide which to save.

Afterwards the final battle with Adrian ensues. If the statue was destroyed, he is very weak, his powers completely gone. If the people are killed, he is very strong, their souls feeding the statue and thus his powers.

If the people are saved, the contact on the inside will think he can kill Adrian easily and walk up with a dagger. Adrian will, however, drag D with him into the lava. As the people's cage is sadely open, one of them happens to be Adrian's son, helping to exemplify his absolutely selfish and mad mind the statue had made him hold. The son will tell the group that without the brainwashing power of the statue and Adrian, they will live happier and healthier lives. However, the son, Samuel, believes that there are other statues like it. He says for each one given to him, he will use what power he gained with his father's teachings to grant them honorary title and a large sum of coin.

If the group choses to kill the people, and still manage to defeat Adrian, the statue will be stolen by the contact from the house, a large sum of minas left for each of them including a note. The note tells the group that if they find any more statues, they will be paid accordingly for leaving it at a dead drop location that the contact, whose name was simply D, will give.

In other words, saving the people and destroying the statue turns Samuel into the gatherer of the statues and later on a great threat, whereas killing the people turns D into the statue gatherer and later in great threat. Both of these characters would be played by GMs.

THE ESTATE (The actual Masquerade will go on for 24 hours before the 'Game' begins, where remaining party guests are given a Red or Blue card that leads them either to Game Room A or Game Room B)

Garden and Courtyard (Inhabited by the Gate Guard and two NPC Gate Guards)

Grand Hall (Inhabited by Adrian Beaumont and servants at times. Two NPC servants)

Dining Room (Inhabited by the Head Chef and servants at times. Two NPC servants)

Ball Room (Inhabited by the musician)

Six Bedrooms (Empty for the use of the players, secrets possible to be found)

Servant's Quarters (Empty, but possible to be broken into with some secrets to discover)

Kitchen (Empty, but possible to be broken into with secrets to discover)

Bath and Restrooms (With two NPC bathroom attendants)

Game Room A (A room where the floor falls away into the Dungeon)

Game Room B (A room where the floor falls away into the Cage)

THE DUNGEON (Not revealing the inhabitants of these, I have made some large alterations to the event in my noggin and I don't plan on spoiling. Keep in mind all of these chambers will need some sort of walkway above for Adrian to observe from)

Chamber A (Cave-style)

Chamber B (Forest-style)

Chamber C (Meadow-style)

Chamber D (Desert-style)

Chamber E (Nether-style)

Chamber F (Final Chamber)

The Form

Event Planners:

Me, Myself and I. Hopefully I will be able to recruit help with the construction of the actual manor and dungeon, and considering this will need heavy GM attendance due to some mechanics that they may need to operate, I'll need all the help I can get. Here are all the current ones willing to help:

HappyShackles: Building, directing

CloakandDagger: Building

gabriel101x1: Redstone engineering

Leland22: Building

Mingpow321: Building

Event Date:

If I set a date right now without any feedback or additional comment or support, I'd be a big fool. However, I'd aim for the middle of May.

Event Type:

I guess PVM and Roleplay are the two things you do in the event. It's meant to open up a storyline for a few people or a lot of people.

Players/Nations Effected By This Event:

Anyone considered nobles, lords, or otherwise the upper echelon of society. Also likely to take interest from magical bodies or other power or money seekers interested in the statues.

Event Location:

Undecided, due to lack of location. Need help from the staff for this bit.

Looks epic.

I would be happy to help with any redstone engineering (such as traps) required in the construction of the maze and dungeon.

>.> This sounds like something Arik would actually attend with his disguise..... :twisted:

>.>

<.<

*Makes rp response to the letter

Dear Unsavory Figure

It has been discovered through certain networks that the man calling himself Adrian S. Beaumont is in possession of an ancient statue, plundered by his family's goons from the depths of Aegis years before the cross through the verge into Asulon. It is said to be of untold value, none like it in the world in material or craftsmanship. Some say it is of Aeriel herself, others say it is of Iblees. A few even say it is the image of God himself. You can imagine how valuable this would be. Infiltrate this 'De Sangre' mansion and retrieve the artifact. I suggest using his upcoming masquerade as a means of infiltration. I have a contact on the inside that will help you along. Blow this, and you never heard of me.

~A.S.

Reading the letter while leaning against the wall of the backside of the inn in Solace, he ponders. If this statue really has power, could he not take it for himself? Though what of the Minas too? The Minas would be better considering in his current position more power would only make it more difficult for him to sustain his current sanity. The possible Minas then...

As for the actual event, I love the idea and would really enjoy getting in on it whether I'm an actor or Lucas Black(Lucas Black+Cage=WHINING Which I would lol hard as I have him whine a bunch.). Though a question on some of the event, certain individuals who would probably come most likely will bring some very unique tools so I question if you would allow them to alter the ending somewhat. I really wouldn't be surprised to see several of the people put in the cage wouldn't have masterful lock picking skills or simply the ability to smash the door down with brute force (Le diamond axe).

>.>

<.<

*Makes rp response to the letter

Reading the letter while leaning against the wall of the backside of the inn in Solace, he ponders. If this statue really has power, could he not take it for himself? Though what of the Minas too? The Minas would be better considering in his current position more power would only make it more difficult for him to sustain his current sanity. The possible Minas then...

As for the actual event, I love the idea and would really enjoy getting in on it whether I'm an actor or Lucas Black(Lucas Black+Cage=WHINING Which I would lol hard as I have him whine a bunch.). Though a question on some of the event, certain individuals who would probably come most likely will bring some very unique tools so I question if you would allow them to alter the ending somewhat. I really wouldn't be surprised to see several of the people put in the cage wouldn't have masterful lock picking skills or simply the ability to smash the door down with brute force (Le diamond axe).

Adrian's security is very tight. He will have one make guard and one female guard. Every single person will be thoroughly searched. The only weapons will be what you find within that Adrian gives them to make the entertainment I interesting.

In other words, small lockpicks for some of the doors can be snuck through (Say for example someone sneaking into the kitchen and finding out what's /really/ in the menu.) The cage, however, will be very solid steel and the lock on it is only to be broken possible to be opened with diamond tools.

Those stuck in the cages should be prepared to wait. However, I expect mostly actors to be trapped in the cage. Most players will participate in the event itself, as I can't see a lot of people wanting to sit in a cage. In the end it's their choice, unless they're an actor.

*One of The Master Thieves spys returns with a report on someone who wishes audience with The Upright Man. A letter returns to the contact informing the subject of a time and place. The Upright Man finally meets with the contact and gives him the floor letting the contact tell of a potential heist, The Upright Man thinks more so that it is a trap and wants clarification and reasonably asks,

"What's in it for you? My people make off with a statue and Mina and from the looks you get squat. What name do you go by and who do you work for because already, I haven't heard of you in order to place the blame if I were to noose the goose."

((I love. Thanks for the invite. I will surley make a story post about this like I did the last job.))

Finally an event worthy of my High Elven character

*sips wine*

I am debating wether to make a whole new costume or go dressed as The Upright Man. I think I will go in another disguise. I will have another Alias name to go with it but underneath it, for when I need to contact the inside man, I will reveal to him only that I am The Upright Man. A disguise within a disguise, deception.

No reply would return from the contact.

Still very badly need a large group to undertake this endeavor. Building the manor comes first of course, with a ballroom, grand hall, dining room and Kitchen as well as staircases to the basement where the traps are to capture some of the attendees and challenge the others.

*reads the letter and smiles*

" I know just who to bring ... "

* Walks off to find Larien *

Arik reads the note slowly, snorting and rolling his eyes. As if anybody would know about him...Lucas Black probably sent him an invitation to further poke fun at him. He ducks down into his office and closes the door, latching it. Sitting at his desk he frowns in quiet contemplation; This seemed trivial, hardly worth his time. However....this statuette. Arik had heard a rumor about it being linked with Iblees. Such corruption could be dangerous...it might be best to acquire the artifact over somebody who would misuse it. His mind flashed back to Faeyin's gem, and he shook himself out of the flashback. Turning to his left, he knelt down and began to unlock the large dusty trunk against the wall. Lifting the heavy lid with a creak, he reached inside its black void and pulled from it a skull mask....

*the Negotii frowns, a sighs passing his lips. After the long silence of ages, a new age of contracts dawned. He doesn't know whether to be happy or sad. Pursing his lips, he makes his choice.

And so, upon the great map, he allows a single dagger to fall, over the location of the De Sangre mansion. It will begin.

A message, sent to the Upright Man, containing his interests is sent.*

@Dash "I have a venture for us both. If you would contact me as soon as possible, I will allow the tree to bear fruit."

@The thread I'm in n_n~