Just A Request~

Aryon

Hello, guild-goers. I am posting this, to make a simple request. It isn't even that hard to do. I would appreciate if this was pinned, but meh. Anyway, lets get started.

Okay, in the first page, I think there are 4-6 guilds about 'keeping balance to Asulon.' Well, let me just say this. If you are going to be creating a guild that will have an aim of this...JUST STOP! Join another one! Stop creating numerous, POINTLESS guilds, and join one that is already established! RP is devided a bit, and by creating a million extra guilds, you aren't exactly bringing us together.

And tell me. Why the hell do you think that you need to create a WHOLE NEW GUILD when there is a perfectly good established one? Please, inform me, WHY. I am just sick and tired of all these guilds, and I just want around 7, one with a purpose. Then we will NOT have over 10 guilds running around, trying to get charters to get a base, when they are ALL trying to create balance. Well, heres an idea; Morph them all together! Each of them have around 5 members, morph all of them together, and what do you get? A group of 30 people who will constantly RP!

Honestly, is it just to hard to simply fill in an application? Isn't it easier to fill out an application, instead of thinking up all this lore, and ranks etc...When you can just join a different guild that wants to do the same thing as you? Apparantly, it isn't. Now, I really do not know WHY people think this, but please. Can someone just explain it to me?

/END RANT!

TL;DR

Stop making guilds with the same goal. Just make one, and then get everyone to join.

I agree, I noticed few of these with same goals and have few members. Problem these days everyone wants to be a leader, which is sometimes annoying. Be a prawn for once, not straight to making a guild to make you the leader.

Now we just need an FM to agree with this rant, and then pin it.

There is one upside that can be achieved if these guilds keep popping up..More land for orcs :P

But no this brings up quite a valid point about the unoriginal guilds that multiply faster than rabbits. Well if they created rp it would be all good. There was going to be Guild apps at one point.. What happened to that. Well yes.. Guilds need to stop being unoriginal and maybe there could be one that like strives to create a toaster. Could work~

I don't think we should exactly force them to abandoned their settlements OOC

However, if your character's settlement does not have enough citizens..your character could, with the right cause. Place a war-claim on guilds as to push them out of their camps and into cities. Similar to the Teutonic Order's goal in Aegis. :wink:

Minecraft players love to build, but with an alternate server for us to white-list builders for event proposals and things. Perhaps players can get that building-itch out of their systems a little bit ;p

The guild application has always been cast aside as something we'd never ask of anyone. Players like to remain anonymous and have at the very least, some natural rights ;p.

When you mean create a guild are you referring to the town/village aswell? Many guilds are just settlements, naturally working together because they in the same camp. They'd be a "guild" if you will

Reminds me of all the knightly orders which I have seen being established (4-6) who wish to be chevilous and knightly, how weak.

Now there are only few organisations which have established proper knightly orders *chough *chough.

I agree, way to many guilds with the same goal. The only guilds that should have the same goal and aren't really guilds are the guards/armies for each city.

What I mean, is that I want something like this;

1 guild for mercenaries

1 guild for assassins [Dark Brotherhood, already created]

1 guild for balance in the world / knights

1 guild for raiding [Wolf Pack, already created]

1 guild for thieving [Master Thieves Guild, already created]

1 for merchanting. [Maybe?]

Thats pretty much all there needs to be. Merge all the mercenary guilds to forge one, BOOM. More role-play.

If a person wants power over a group ICly, and has followers, he has every right to create a guild.

As I've said in a different topic. Forcing RP never makes it better.

I mean. think about it RPly. Why would every single knight or warrior work with every other one? Why would every assassin work for the DB? Guilds are, and should be, almost entirely player-run. To bring OOC matters into would ruin the RP behind it.

I am going to state this.

I want to be a leader or part of a "terrorist" sort of organization.

Any who steal this idea shall be smashed to bits by the domesticated zombie.

There have been a lot of these posts actually and there is no need to pin it since it is mentioned twice once in Ninja's guide and once in Gaius Marius's guide. If people would read those guides before making a guild than there would be less problems.

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/46307-a-solution-to-repetitive-guilds-and-a-cool-way-to-govern-them/page__p__342388__fromsearch__1#entry342388

Pretty much my idea of what should go on with guilds. All in one post for people :D

At least give some feedback that would actually be beneficial in a way......

I do not mean abolish EVERY SINGLE GUILD except for those ones. I mean morph all of those types of guilds together. And if you have valid RP, then you can go and get your guild to go and work alone.

Yeah, thats pretty much my post.

The main idea is for leaders of the guilds to come to an understanding and actually join together. And perhaps actually get Guild Charters for Nations and cities. Makes sense in the long run instead of just buying a big house and everyone just using it like some kind of normal home instead of a base.....

Guild Charters, or well normal nation/city charters will give them their own land to build their base on. Having a centralized base is also a good idea and big guilds may want to expand, like a merchant guild since we dont even have the slightest one :mellow:

We need more actual guilds...... ones that are just part of everyday life like Medieval times with Merchant Guilds and Artisan Guilds.....

Reminds me of all the knightly orders which I have seen being established (4-6) who wish to be chevilous and knightly, how weak.

Now there are only few organisations which have established proper knightly orders *chough *chough.

No, there are none. They are all political groups whose goals are in that field. Even if they appear under the guise of chivalry and Valiance, there are no knightly orders that are actual groups of Knights. They're just using the name.

Lorethos, my character, was born and raised on chivalry and Valiance. He has joined none of the orders for the reason that they are all false in the true code of chivalry and other knightly things. I will be writing up a guide to knighthood soon, to help people better define it.