Band Together

Aislin

Alright everybody, you guys need to band together. On your own, your guilds are essentially pointless and insignificant. Sorry to be blunt, possibly rude, about it, but this is the truth of the matter. Many guilds serve the same purpose, and you would be much stronger if you banded together. Looking through the first page, I've heard of only one of them, and that was the Dark Brotherhood. I've decided to go through the first 2 pages and pick out the more active guilds (from what I've seen) and organize them into categories where they can band together. For everybody's sake.

Fighting Evil/Protecting People

Order of the Red Phoenix

The White Order

The White Knights

The Knights Legacy

The Emerald Knights

The Platinum Guard

The Freedom Fighters

The Remnants

Knights of the North

Hunting Down Magic Users

The Wihuns

The Promethean Cult

Criminal Guilds

The Wolf Pack

The Dark Brotherhood

The Master Thieves Guild

Now some of you may claim that these guilds have different purposes, but in the end the purposes are more or less the same. The Dark Brotherhood is more assassin-oriented while the Thieves are thieves, but these guilds could simply combine and then do both things. This mostly applies to the "cleansing of evil" guilds.

I honestly suggest you band together, because otherwise I'll probably be bringing some nation armies to wipe you out.

EDIT:

Going to leave this here.

Think about their lore behind each guild before blatantly bashing these guilds to merge.

The White Order and White Knights are a split from the White Ravens, after corruption by Relgard.

The Emerald Knights are Knights that serve as Knights in Rennatus.

Knights Legacy reside in Salvus and Solace.

Each one of these guilds have a different origin, each guild has a different structure, each guild has a different leader and lore writer. While the goal might be the same, rp wise they honestly have almost no reason to merge. Its usually after certain events that guilds are destroyed/merged.

Think about their lore behind each guild before blatantly bashing these guilds to merge.

The White Order and White Knights are a split from the White Ravens, after corruption by Relgard.

Each one of these guilds have a different origin, each guild has a different structure, each guild has a different leader and lore writer. While the goal might be the same, rp wise they honestly have almost no reason to merge. Its usually after certain events that guilds are destroyed/merged.

I agree, it doesn't seem to flow with RP if all the guilds suddenly merged. It's not like all the similar corporations in real life say "Hey, we're trying to do the same thing, let's merge".

Like I said each guild has their differences, but their purpose is the same. The lore is simply context for their actions.

Want an RP reason for merging? Survival. When big nation armies start wiping you guys out, you'll have an RP reason.

Like I said each guild has their differences, but their purpose is the same. The lore is simply context for their actions.

Want an RP reason for merging? Survival. When big nation armies start wiping you guys out, you'll have an RP reason.

BAHAHAHAHA I cant help but laughing... "Big Nation Armies" My friend you truly do underestimate the power of the Master Thieves Guild.

-EDIT- If we wanted to we could go around and bring every nation to its knees while systematically wiping out its military, economic, and political infrastructure.

BAHAHAHAHA I cant help but laughing... "Big Nation Armies" My friend you truly do underestimate the power of the Master Thieves Guild.

-EDIT- If we wanted to we could go around and bring every nation to its knees while systematically wiping out its military, economic, and political infrastructure.

Well you're the Master Thieves Guild. The post was mostly directed at the 5-member guilds who want to kill all evil.

And you don't have to be so arrogant about it.

Well you're the Master Thieves Guild. The post was mostly directed at the 5-member guilds who want to kill all evil.

And you don't have to be so arrogant about it.

The White Knights and Emerald Knights are both working together under the employee of the Kingdom of Renatus. There is a decent chance that both organizations in the future will join. There is no reason why they should merge with any other of the guilds however. The Knight's Legacy hates Renatus so they would never join. The Crimson Blades work under the employee of Seventies, combining them with another guild would be destroying part of Seventis' military force. For the most part the military and mercenary groups work for nations unlike how they were in Aegis. It is realistic that there would be numerous guilds working for numerous nations. I do say though that they should build guild halls within existing towns instead of creating their own settlements.

As for the criminal guilds that seems less likely. While I do not know of the Master Thieves Guilds intentions but I can imagine that thieves do not wish to be likened to assassins. At least being a thief doesn't run the almost absolute certainty of death for their crimes.

I say the number of guilds is fine, maybe most should be barred from having their own settlements until they are established to root out the guilds not made to last, but think of it this way it is nothing like Aegis. Remember the super highway that was the king's road? Guild halls everywhere.

As for the criminal guilds that seems less likely. While I do not know of the Master Thieves Guilds intentions but I can imagine that thieves do not wish to be likened to assassins. At least being a thief doesn't run the almost absolute certainty of death for their crimes.

Oh the things we've done...

I see this has been a large issue lately, and honestly, it is rather saddening.

This is an RP server. If you want all the guilds with similar goals to band together... arrange it via RP. NOT OOC.

I feel like people are fogetting that guilds are PLAYER RUN RP, not OOCly guided by say, mods or something.

On an offnote... I love how I'm mentioned in the second post.

Aislin is very accurate in his helpful description of the clutter of small and weak "guilds." The fact is that people create more guilds for the sake of wanting political or personal power or wealth. We need to learn to just join and work our way up instead of expecting to start at the top.

If you're a good roleplayer you'll move up faster anyway.

That's still not an issue to be resolved oocly. Every player has the right to make a guild.

As I have said before. This is an issue to be solved ICly.

That's still not an issue to be resolved oocly. Every player has the right to make a guild.

As I have said before. This is an issue to be solved ICly.

We resolved the problem of people building wherever they want OOCly.

We resolved the problem of people making towns whenever OOCly.

We resolved the problem of people being jacks-of-all-trades OOCly.

We resolved the problem of poor roleplayers playing villains OOCly.

We resolved the problem of people building wherever they want OOCly.

We resolved the problem of people making towns whenever OOCly.

We resolved the problem of people being jacks-of-all-trades OOCly.

We resolved the problem of poor roleplayers playing villains OOCly.

Because each of those was unrealistic and lowered the quality of the server's RP. There's no way to RP out that all the little groups just decided to forget their differences and work together.

The groups and such are made because of the roleplay behind them. The more thought-out guilds with good structure will naturally gain more members, and those that do not will fall behind.

People building wherever scarred the landcape.

People making towns wherever did the same thing.

Jack of all trades were poor RP'ers, mostly, so that was resolved.

Bad Villains also, were caused by poor rp.

((Dark Brotherood are with a Nation, and are with MTG also, and are working on WP, don't judge what you don't know. The Dark Brotherhood's the oldest guild in LoTC, I think we're fine.))