[Complete] The Simple Voyage

Rusty7x

The Simple Voyage

EVENT PLANNERS: Rusty7x

DATE: TO BE CONFIRMED

FACTIONS: MAINLY INCLUDES OREN AND PEOPLE WHO WANT TO JOIN IN!

ALL OTHER INFORMATION BELOW!

It has been at least two months now that the Beard and the rest of Oren’s great fleet have been in port after there last expedition across the high seas of the realm. Its crew well rested and well fed. They sleep in the houses provided by the state and have great meals every day to ensure their optimum ability when they shall be called upon again. The fleet sits idle in their moorings, waiting for their next voyage to begin. Guards are regularly patrolling the peer and the sailors maintain both the elegance and raw power of the ships. The daily duties currently consist of painting, cleaning the guns and scrubbing the decks whilst the officers plan the next move.

Upon careful planning and deliberation a plan of action has been received. During the times of peace, The Empire must still ensure its lands are safe and the realm is continually explored for threats or bounties may lay dotted across the many islands that make up our realm today. The various isles must be kept on the maps of the navy and their lands explored. Unknown people, beasts or floristry may lay undiscovered until the great expeditions find their way.

The dawn is new and the skies are fresh when the grand fleet commanders walk towards their ships. They each walk with their hat under on arm and a sword in the other. For today is the day they meet to discuss plans of a new voyage to explore the seas and maintain knowledge of the watery world. Each officer slowly descends onto the Beard where a table has been laid out with maps, navigation instruments and most importantly; the sailor’s ale. With all sat around the table the fleet admiral stands from his chair and pulls the map closer and beings to use his finger as a pointer. He explains a clear route and certain objectives that he expects to be met. He outlines the details of the voyage and then calmly leaves with his notes left for the remaining commanders to finalise the details. After long deliberation and discussion, the commanders left the beard with scrolls and maps with all the details of the ‘Simple Voyage.’

XRoSU.jpg

The Voyage

The Map:

WC8le.jpg

The small and temporary fleet is too leave port at first dawn of the new month and maintain course on what is planned to ensure objectives are met. The route is planned out and has taken into account likely tides and wind directions. Too set the voyage into separate times, the route has been set out with waypoints on that a certain task must be completed at each.

The Stages:

Stage 1 – Stage one is too be the first point at which the fleet is in completely open waters. It has exited the natural harbour that the Oren and Solace bay provide and entered the high seas of the east. Due to the lack of inhabitants and islands this is where the crews of each ship is to test their guns. A practice if you will. Each gun on a ship will be fired alone for gunnery masters to check that the gun is in a combat ready state. After each gun is tested then the crews ill be tested on their skill cleaning the ship and preparing it for battle once again. [The boats will role play leaving the docks whilst they are still there in the world. After one real life day, they are to then be copied from the docks into the position at waypoint 1. In their place a smaller, temporary boat will appear with a fast travel that will most likely be linked to the beard. That way the people wanting to role play on board the ships will have a way to get too and throw, depending on the activitity of the role play. The boats will spend 1 real life day in this position]

Stage 2 – This is the stage where the fleet will first come in contact with a small island that may or may not have inhabitants. The idea of this waypoint is to allow a slow pass by whilst navigation officers are able to get a clear view of the island. If necessary, the cannons can be fired to prevent any attack. [After the day before, the boats will need to be copied into the waypoint to position in formation allowing for the days role play to commence. It shall be just a somple sail past. The boats shall stay here for 1 real life day.]

Stage 3 – The third waypoint is located in the middle of a small group of islands and the tasks are much the same as the second. There are clear orders that these islands must not be disturbed and a simple pass by on the ships will sufice. The fleet is not expected to remain in this postion long as many more tasks awaite. [After the second day, this fleet must be copied to waypoint 3 making sure they do not arrive in exactly the same formation as they were in 2 too give the effect that they have actually been sailing. The boats will remain at this location for 1 real life day]

Stage 4 – Much like the previous waypoints, 4 is a small collection of islands that have been explored in the past. However the government are uncertain if any inhabitants remain so have asked that a small expeditionary force be sent to land for no longer than a few days. The time will be spent on a quick recky of the area and too see if anly life remains. [As the fleet arrives at this position I request the boats to be copied but in a formation that brings them a little closer. The boats will remain here for 2 real life days]

Stage 5 The most important time in the voyage and one of the main reasons that the voyage was originally planned. This is a remote island mainly cut off from most other and has not until now been explored or let alone mapped. The fleet is too drop anchor just off the shore in a defensive formation ready to defend if any attack is made from sea or support the men going on-shore. A force of around 50 men will be sent from all ships of the fleet in the small boats to make a small camp ashore. This will be a small outpost while the island is explored for both inhabitants and any materials that may be present. After around 2 weeks the fleet will leave the island and continue its journey. [For this way point a slight change has been made from the original idea as there are in fact some buildings already on that island. Instead I was wandering if it is possible to have a separate world built and created just for these few days. Much like in the thread ‘Custom Terrain’ a small island could be made and then implemented. It should be implemented before the event takes place so a few builders and I can get to work and get it ready for the actual event. The idea will be to have the smaller boat left in the docks and the fleet copied over to the island world where a fast travel will be set up. This fast travel should only be available to those on the ships. If you are someone that can help me with this multi-verse idea, please send me a private message. The fleet shall remain here for 4 real life days.]

Stage 6 – The last and final major waypoint for the fleet is just an area where the cannons will once again be tested before they enter the eclosed waters of solace and later the docks of Arethor. [For this stage the boats just need to be copied into a position in a ‘Line Astern’ formation as there cannons need to be fired. I will also need a GM present here. The boats will remain here for 1 real life day. The day after they can be copied back into port and that day the role play for the ships return will be done whilst the boats actually sit in port.]

[To help with this event I would request that the boats be copied into the varius different places when needed. There will remain a smaller temporary boat in the Arethor docks that will provide a fast travel from itself to one of the boats of the fleet. Also, as there are no plugins that enable the use of cannons I request that a GM can help or maybe the use of firecharges can somehow be implemented.]

Schedule:

Day #1 – Boats in Port [Role play leaving]

Day #2 – Boats copied out of port to waypoint 1 / Fast Travel also set up.

Day #3 – Copied from waypoint 1 to 2 / Fast Travel

Day #4 – Copied from waypoint 2 to 3 / Fast Travel

Day #5 – Copied from waypoint 3 to 4 / Fast Travel

Day #6 – Nothing to be changed

Day # 7 – Copied from 4 to 5 (In other world) / Fast Travel / Multi-verse world opened.

Day #8 – Nothing to be changed

Day #9 – Nothing to be changed

Day #10 – Nothing to be changed

Day #11 – Copied from waypoint 5 to 6 / Fast Travel / Camp and other world Removed

Day #12 – Copied from waypoint 6 to port [Role play arrival]

Actors:

There will be a number of roles that will/can be filled by any members of the community and they will not need to use their characters. I ask the they use a temporary character. Through out this event there will be need to be a mixture of postiions filled. These include Sailors and crew for the fleet; they will have the opportunity to take part in the cannon firing and the general naval role play. I have also had the idea that a small tribe be present on the 5th waypoint to act as a unknown and undiscovered group. These will consist of around 5 people role playing. Also, with the new event team ability to mob disguise, maybe a few actors can be placed on the 4th waypoint to act as mobs or something that act a little differently to the ones of the discovered realm. The majority of this event will be focused on the naval role play aspect so the positions of the other groups will be limited. If you play a creature you can also play a tribes man.

Actor Application

Minecraft name:

Group: [Crew/Creature(Event Team Only)/Tribes people]

Name of Character: [Create a simple one]

Short description of character: [3-4 Sentences should be okay]

List of Participants

Crew:

1. Captain of the Beard, Elessar Silverblade (Rusty7x)

2. Commander Garth Hightower Second in command of the mighty beard

3. First Mate of the Beard Markus Aran (ChAnKoEr)

4. Crewman Drake [xFrozt]

5. Crewman John Leroy [Aelvus99]

10. Captain of the Aerial's Song Haelphon Tarus (AcerBuddy)

Creatures:

1. The Captain's Parrot (Pheonixpro1)

Tribes men:

1. Chief Kibek (BobVIII)

Building

Everything is constructed that I wish to be except a the small island of waypoint 5. As a part of the event involves a small tribe on this island I was wandering if a buolder could construst a small, desoloute community. It has to be no bigger than a small village plot of 25 x 25 blocks and the buildings have to be small shacks. Maybe a small well in the middle with a small fire place in the corner that the natives would cook food on. Only a few builders are needed for this as unfortuantly I am not very good at that. (I was just wandering if that island could be regioned to prevent any damage occurring before we get there please.)

Builders:

1. Rusty7x

2. LROWNAGE

If you need building assistance, I can help out. I'm on the builder team.

I love this idea, I think it would be a great Event. I'll talk to Gaius about this.

Edit ~ Application why not?

Minecraft name: Pheonixpro1

Group: [Crew/Creature(Event Team Only)/Tribes people] Creature (Disguise Craft ~ Chicken)

Name of Character: [Create a simple one] Captain's Parrot?

Short description of character: [3-4 Sentences should be okay] The Captains parrot acts as a lookout, and flies around the boat whilst they travel. He repeats sailor's words and sits on the Captain's shoulder.

[upon, further investigation I have decided to visit the island at way point 5 and it seems as though people have already built on it since the last update of the Dynamic map. In my opinion it looks a little ugly and a bit of land scarring, but I don't know if it is still active or not.

Minecraft name: AcerBuddy

Group: [Crew/Creature(Event Team Only)/Tribes people] Captain of the House Tarus Fleet (Flagship: Aeriel's Song)

Name of Character: [Create a simple one] Royal_Captain_Haelphon_Tarus

Short description of character: [3-4 Sentences should be okay] Haelphon is the Uncle-By-Law of King Godfrey, being the Uncle of Godfrey's wife Atriana; who is his brother Eze'kiel Tarus' daughter. He is a Count of Oren, and the Second-In-Command of House Tarus' land of Indelwood. He has recently taken up his sailing skills once again, after inspiration of his memories of leading Malinor's fleet to Asulon. He hopes for his fleet to have an excellent first journey. OOC: My ship, the 'Aeriel's Song' is still in process of being completed, but it is almost done.

'

1. Everyone gets accepted

2. Haelphon, don't worry if your boats not completed you can ride with me!

I'll give you some help Rusty, I'm on the build team after all :P

1. Stage 5 has been altered and a new idea has replaced it.

2. Thank you Rom, added you too my list for when we get started.

3. Map Change also to show the new route. Same amount of positions and orders but just in different locations.

Minecraft Name: FideiDefensor

Group: First Officer/Executive Officer of the Beard.

Name of Character: Commander_Garth_Hightower

Short description of character: Garth Hightower is the second son of Prince Archbishop James Hightower and Princess Mary Horen. As House Hightower owns the Beard, it was decided that a family member should be present aboard the ship during the upcoming endeavour. Young and eager for adventure, Garth volunteered to represent the family's interests as a commissioned officer.

Will my islands be affected? If you need their location. Private message me.

Still need more people to take part. I think that it would be a wonderful event for all to enjoy!

Minecraft name: BobVIII

Group: Tribes people

Name of Character: Chief Kibek

Short description of character: Chief Kibek arose to leadership of the island tribe after he defeated the last chieftain in single combat. He is very hostile and protective of his people, and under his leadership the tribe has wiped out all other groups on the island. He sees all people who are not members of his tribe as his enemy, and seeks a way to travel to other islands and take the fight to them.