[Event Proposal]-A Shattered Nation

Mordecai Fury

The unrest is spreading. Like a cancer, a sickness, it darkens the skies of the Holy Oren Empire. It eats at mens hearts. It poisons their very souls.

Unrest, mutiny, rebellion... The words are on every mans tongue. Some speak it fearfully, some regretfully, others hopefully.

Civil war is coming to the Holy Oren Empire. Lines will be drawn, factions decided. The peasantry grows resentful of the nobles, seeing them as fat and lazy. The nobility has forgotten the peoples troubles, and have instead grown too eager to expand their fortunes. It is the way of things.

This war will challenge both classes of people.

The nobility will have to seek a resolution that does not permanently cripple the realm of men. Which nobles can gather more of the people to their cause, and possibly seize the throne? Which nobles will take advantage of their peers folly, and use the chance to better their own cause? Which nobles will side with their emperor, and maintain the status quo?

The peasantry will have to seek a resolution without taking to an open field of battle on which they would surely lose. Can they find noble lords who will give them what they seek? Can they politik and muscle their way away from the current standing of the realm? Could they perhaps rally around a strong leader and form a whole new nation of men?

So now I ask you, what is darker than the night? The days to come brothers.

[Factions] Two main factions would be the nobility and the peasantry. They would divide up and break into their own minor factions from there. I think the guilds would have a very active role in deciding most of that, as they would follow the group that offered the most "power".

[Minor Events] The main one to set things off would be kind of a declaration of war by the peasantry. A huge mob shows up at one of the major cities and does a little bit of rioting. The guards eventually drive them off, and they scatter. From there we could devise more and more events as the peasantry becomes more organized and martial.

Opportunities for peace talks and diplomacy.

Staged battles.

[Diplomacy] This would be entirely open. Entire cities could defect from the empire if they wanted to.

[Possible conclusions] Again, this is very open. Something that is this RP driven could end with the formation of an entirely new nation, or everything could go back to exactly how it was before. It all depends on the RP.

[Why?] I posted this to see what the general consensus would be towards doing something like this. It would require large scale communication and thats difficult to do in game and would require OOC. Therefore, I posted it here to see who is interested in mixing it up a little for some good natured politiking!

It's a rough guys, so anyone who has contributions to make, please speak your mind. I think that this would be a wonderful chance for some great RP, lots of cunning, politiking, and maybe a little war. This is in no way a full proposal, but I think the idea could lead to an event that spanned months of time.

I am sorry but no.. Oren goes through Rebeleions and "Cival Wars' daily now.. Today we had one that lasted only a few hours and we constantly put these out. They have grown to be no more fun and just a pain in the arse for us daily now.. At first many liked the idea but its just grown old. Two weeks ago we had 15 people attempt to do seperate rebelions and they get put down so fast or they just use unorginal ideas and falter or just give up. And its growing old. As an Oren commander I would so no to the idea. Mog may do some in the future he has before and they last a couple days to a week. Such as the Flay's Rebelion that was canceled after a week due to lower classes' meta.

Seeing that most peasants shouldn't even be able to read, the prospect of them attempting diplomacy and politics would be humorous at best.

Also, try this with another nation as Oren already has lots of civil war attempts and each grows more boring than it's predecessor.

I am sorry but no.. Oren goes through Rebeleions and "Cival Wars' daily now.. Today we had one that lasted only a few hours and we constantly put these out. They have grown to be no more fun and just a pain in the arse for us daily now.. At first many liked the idea but its just grown old. Two weeks ago we had 15 people attempt to rebel and they get put down so fast or they just use unorginal ideas and falter or just give up. And its growing old. As an Oren commander I would so no to the idea. Mog may do some in the future he has before and they last a couple days to a week. Such as the Flay's Rebelion that was canceled after a week due to lower classes' meta.

I lol'd

The Empire didn't even form too long ago... I doubt it time to break it up...

Why don't you try RP that doesn't involve civil strife and mutiny? Hmmm like a festival? Or maybe you could all dress up as sheep...

The Empire didn't even form too long ago... I doubt it time to break it up...

Why don't you try RP that doesn't involve civil strife and mutiny? Hmmm like a festival? Or maybe you could all dress up as sheep...

+1

You can have civil unrest and not a rebellion. You just complain, without taking action.

For one thing, your proposal needs to follow the proper format, provided HERE, which it doesn't. Second, something on such a massive scale needs a LOT more detail and planning, not to mention at least as much lore, which you don't really provide. Also, you have to consult the leaders of The Holy Oren Empire (OOC of course), in order for this event to go through, as it is their empire. Sorry, but not only does this proposal not only fails to meet these requirements, but it also has little to no support so far.

You can have civil unrest and not a rebellion. You just complain, without taking action.

LOL

Alright, consider me properly chastised. I just hadn't realized that it was all that common placed, as to be honest I haven't been around that long. Thanks though guys, thats why I posted. Now I learned something!

Also, sorry for not using the proper format. I have other ideas and I will put the proper amount of work into them, since this one seems to be a flop.

Also, sorry for not using the proper format. I have other ideas and I will put the proper amount of work into them, since this one seems to be a flop.

It's fine man, frankly I'm happy I haven't deterred you from trying at an event proposal again. Just take a look at some of the accepted ones, and feel free to run ideas by other people, and you'll be fine, as long as you put in a fair amount of effort.

* Looks at avatar.

Holy crap... I'm using that exact same skin...

* Quickly looks for a new skin.

As requested, I have moved this to the Denied events section.