LaCabra (Soda)

Event: The Great Blizzard

Event Planners, MC Names (add your names, please):

SuperSodaPops

Dalek348

Mabela23

Ender_Panda13

Event Type:

This event will basically be an extreme weather condition, along with a temporary inability to travel from the Cloud Temple to the Vale on the Salty Salmon boat.

Event Date:

This is still to be decided, and will mostly occur whenever time flows smoothly between the Event team and the Halflings. It will last around one Elven (IRL) day, before all of the snow melts, and the Vale returns back to normal.

Factions/Nations effected by the event:

Those effected by the Great Blizzard are the Halflings of Branborough, anyone who is in Branborough at the time of the blizzard, and those who will attempt to visit and/or rescue the citizens of the Vale.

Event Location:

The actual, physical Great Blizzard will be occurring in the town of Branborough, which is directly south-west of the nation of Hanseti. The Temple Docks, however, must have the Salty Salmon boat (right next to the Elven boat) removed. It will be stuck in the Vale, allowing no access to or from Branborough.

Summary:

A mighty snowstorm drifts from the Snowy Mountains north of the Vale to Branborough, engulfing it in snow and ice. The Salty Salmon is deemed useless, as the Tookwater river is frozen. None can enter the Vale, and none can leave. The Halflings are trapped in the Vale, fighting cold, hunger, each other, and wolves for one Elven (IRL) day. The roofs of a few burrows will collapse from the weight of the snow, creating RP to re-build. Croplands will be destroyed, which once again will provide more RP for the Halflings that rebuild the farmlands.

Not all is bad, though, for many stories will be told, cups of hot cocoa drunk, and songs to be sung.

It is possible that non-hostile visitor, a walking man of snow with a pumpkin for a head, will greet the Halflings (If that would be breaking lore, disregard this.).

Concept Images/Screenshots

This image is owned and created by Deviant Artist Jaffa0072, he deserves all credit for this picture.

snowy_lands_by_jaffa0072-d541hz9.png

This image captures what we strive the Vale to look like during the Great Blizzard. I believe this can be done by using WorldEdit/WorldPainter to create a layer of snow on the existing town. Do not forget that the town will need mounds and drifts of snow among it, making it a pain to recognize and navigate throughout.

Other Information:

Like I said previously, covering the town of Branborough with snow will be a challenge, but hopefully possible. If it is not possible, then this event is probably deemed useless. The snow will be the main problem in this event, obviously.

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?:

We will definitely need the Event Team's assistance in this project.

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?:

Here is a list for what the Actors & Builders will need to do for this event.

Actors:

- to play a pack of wolves that terrorize the snowed-in citizens of Branborough with howls, snarls, and RARELY aggressive behavior. We request that these wolves do not PvP kill anyone, for that will send them back to the Temple, and is not very RP to do while the river is frozen solid.

- to play a Snowman (snow-golem) if it is possible. He/she will be very kind, and a friend to the Halflings. It most likely will not be able to speak, and will eventually melt, to the dismay of the Halflings. The Snowman should be a kind and interesting character.

- to RP the sound of howling wind, adding to the setting of this blizzard. Please, do not make it annoying, but just have occasional howling/windy noises.

Builders:

- to cover the town of Branborough with an aesthetically pleasing layer of snow and ice. It should look like a very thick blizzard snowed in the town.

- to collapse in two or three roofs of burrows. These will be of your choice, but we ask that you 1) do not take any items, 2) make it look like an actual cave in, not just taking blocks away, and 3) do not cave in the roofs of the Drunken Sheep Inn and the Meeting Burrow.

Thank you so much, I hope this event will be a great experience and challenge for the Event Team!

I support this whole-heartedly I'd love to help RP a wolf or even perhaps awake Galdan from another one of his sleep-comas :3

It'll be good to see either you as a wolf or Galdan, either way! We need you back, man. :D

Should my halfling character not be available at the time, I would love to RP as a wolf. I think my accepted VA will vouch for me, although PVP is a no no as listed!

I might make a temporary halfling character just so I can be involved with this event, unless I can figure out a way to get my dwarf there somehow :mrgreen:

Ermygerd can't wait!

I might make a temporary halfling character just so I can be involved with this event, unless I can figure out a way to get my dwarf there somehow :mrgreen:

The salty Salmon boat is supposed to be only for the use of the halflings. (Our rp is that it is to unstable for big races like orcs humans and elves to ride because it might sink or tip over) But I'm sure a dwarf wouldn't be to large to fit(If we can get the thing so that it's not boarded up) Your dwarf character could rp traveling around selling things. He could come into town late the day before the blizzard starts decide to spend the night in the inn. Then in the morning the blizzard would roll in and he wouldn't be able to leave! Anyway however it plays out we would love to have you there to rp with us :D.

I liked this before, and I still like this now. I'll be sure to run this by Viper.

Thank you so much!!! :D I hope it's a big challenge for everyone, Event team or not. The snow building will definitely be hard.

I've always loved Halfings (After Dwarves of course), and this event looks pretty awesome. I might have to copy Thrym here and make an alt for a while, or have Kaz come and visit the Dwarves peaceful cousins.

I've always loved Halfings (After Dwarves of course), and this event looks pretty awesome. I might have to copy Thrym here and make an alt for a while, or have Kaz come and visit the Dwarves peaceful cousins.

We'd be glad to have you, as long as you stuck in character!!! :D

Actualy snowwomen :P

Please don't double post. Just edit your previous post.

I'll be sure to bring this up with the other ET members. Interesting idea. I like it. We need more of these weather things on LotC.

Awesome Bili, just awesome. As stated, just wanna say this again, if a burrow is to be caved in, don't touch the chests, or take items