The Frozen Thorns [Guild]

Praetor

*Altariel looks at the two new letters given to her by her Thorns, and frowns, tapping her chin thoughtfully before nodding shortly, and smiling. They would do quite nicely. She picks up her quill and begins to write on two separate pieces of paper.*

"You have been accepted. You shall be contacted with further information on a meeting time. Welcome to the Thorns."

She calls out in a cold and calm voice, handing the notes to two Thorns who quickly hurry off with them.

I Tried to Add Colour / Color to make it easier to read and more presentable but It saldy was't working.

OOC-

-MC name*: LuigiNova

-Do you have a VA, and if no are you willing to make one?*: Yes I do have a VA. I shall link if needed.

-Do you promise to obey to the OOC rules?*: Yes I promise. I've read them and consider them comepletely fine and justable.

-Do you have Skype? ((For communications sake))*:Yes I have Skype - Luigi_nova and TeamSpeak for other requirements

IC-

-RP name: 'Tamara StrongHammer'

-What do you wish to join as, why?:

Tamara has always had a envolvement in some devious matters, being small or little, with the time he has taken away from the center of media in Asulon, he finds himself overwhelmed with senses of revenge and crude hatred. He wishes to join as one of his old 'partners' has also attached himself to a company, Tamara wishes to do the same to feed his revenge and blood lust.

-What can you bring to the Frozen Thorns, what are you skilled in?:

Tamara can bring one of the strongest silver tongues around, a quick minded fellow whos strong with his hands. A experienced Hitman.

-Race and Sex: Human , Northener to be exact . Male

-Do you swear to follow the rules of the Frozen Thorns? Refusing to do so will amount in your death.: Tamara agrees with the rules, justifying them in his head he nods.

-Do you have any previous or current loyalties?: ''I used to have a few attachments before I realised the cogs of the calstrating world, I broke these attachments and focused on my own.''

Situational RP Question ((Choose the one appropriate to the Rank you wish for.))

Rank Chosen : Haze

Haze--- You are ordered to go to a certain Arethor noble and get the money he owes you for weapons by any means you deem necessary.

Tamara looks follows the order, attending his small home outside of Silversilk Desert. He brings his finest smithed armour and a great sabre from the Local blacksmith.

He then bathes and attempts to make himself look adequate for a Royal Ball by his standards.

After preparing his look, he takes a gold chain , slinging it around his neck and heads for Arethor.

Upon arrival at Arethor, he looks through the taverns and shops for the noble. Scrathing his newly combed beard he puts on a Higher Class accent and articulates all his words detaching from his natural slang as he asks a woman sitting down on the bench where he might find the Noble ''Good Morning! By chance , has thou seen the Noble adressed as Faelon?'' Tamara asks with a slighty up-turn by the edges of his mouth. The Woman replies a Adress north of Arethor past the Church to where Faelon normally strolls.

Tamara replies in a kind voice ''Thank You.'' He takes long strides looking all around to find the adress on the street the woman has recommended. After a few minutes of searching he finally comes upon glimpse of the church with a bright wooden sign at the corner with the same Adress scribed perfectly in black ink. Tamara grins slightly showing a few ill-treated teeth from the side of his mouth, Tamara moves duplicating he earlier movements of long strides and a raised brow.

He hears a hearty tune being whistled from a pleasant voice. Tamara turns with a Smile as he recognised Faelon, Ser Faelon.

Tamara takes a few quick steps up to Faelon getting his attention. ''Faelon!'' Tamara calls even though standing no more than 5 feet away from him, to Faelon's suprise Tamara gives him a quick slap on the shoulder and announces ''Faelon! Come we have much to talk about my old friend'' , to Faelon's bemusement he follows intending on keeping polite and not ill-manored even though he has no memories of this man.

Tamara leads the man to a small tavern just west of the Church ignoring Faelon's remarks to make him stop and explain he continues to tell him ''I will tell you when we are at the Tavern you jolly fool!'' .

Tamara and Faelon reach the Tavern, Tamara diving in first while Faelon examines the place notcing its not exactly his cup of tea as the sign creeks in the light wind. He looks through the fogged windows seeing nothing but stillness but with the flicker of embers inside. Faelon slowly enters seeing Tamara in the far left corner, Happily waving and suggesting nicely he sits down.

As Faelon sits down, wiping away some old bread crumbs of the chair he sits down trying not to touch the backrest. Tamara walks over the the Barman and requests '2 Ales' he says in a hearty excited voice, as he waits at the bar.

Faelon calls to Tamara ''Im not thirsty thanks Im rather busy as well!'' , Tamara replies in a givingly tone ''It shall not take 3 Minutes!'' , Faelon turns back to table with a un-amused face staring at what seemed to be a dead flower in a cup in the centre of the table.

While Faelon is distracted with the unpleasant Sorroundings, he reaches for a small vial clear liquid, and holds the top with his thumb, tipping 5 drops into his Ale before turning back to a pleasant smile and bringing the drinks to the table.

Tamara goes into a deep arguement about purhasing a small boat just to take him 'from-here-to-there' and describes his passion of sailing alone, Faelon being intrested in the subject listens in but is reminded by the sound of the Church bells that he has other business to attend to, Tamara looking at the mug of Ale as he is moving to the edge of his seat and gives a friendly hand gesture asking him to drink his drink, before he could make up his mind Tamara stands from his seat, raises his mug and calls ''To Sailing'' Faelon agreeing with the subject and remoresely happy to leave stands with his mug and clashes them gently together, Tamara drinks through his hole mug, whiping some drops of ale from his beard as Faelon hesitates but eventually takes a few gulps leaving his mug half empty.

Faelon finally says after hearing some strange noises from his stomach ''Thanks for the ale and everything, I would love to chat again but I must go.'' As he steps out of the seat Tamara makes one last question ''I heard you owe...possibly some money to a group called....Oh I dont know, but anyway they're a nasty group and you appear to owe them money. I could be of service?'' Faelon remains silent blinking tightly while clutching his stomach, Tamara continues ''Well maybe you could hand me the money and I could pay them on your behalf? Its the least I could do for your kindness of the chat?'' Faelon thinks to himself, while bending over, his face tightens as he looks up in despair, ''Oh..Your one of th- Look you've got it all wrong i've already payed the money'' Faelon crouches his way to the door still clutching his stomach while groaning ''G-Guards!'' he grabs a chair on his way out to support him while Tamara approaches deviously grinning as he reforms himself with his natural accent ''Mate, I dont think yer 'ave been payin' the money'' , Faelon looks away from the Tamara in great pain, screwing up his face from it and calls again ''G-Gu-'' Faelon collapsed to the ground breaking the leg of the chair he was leaning on as Tamara, walks up slowly and investigates his body taking from him a large leather bag with the shapes of lines from coins bulging out of it. He opens the bag and pulls two coins, firmly placing them on the counter, as the Barman without emotion slides his hands over them and places them in his pocket with a nod. Tamara walks out with a great grin, rolling over Faelon's body to the side as he leaves. Before taking the a horse back to the Cloud Sanctuary he sees a large group of Guards and another Noble rush towards the alley he took Faelon to, he smirks as his whip the riens of this horse and plumits into the winter Fog that enloses Arethor..

Thanks for reading!

*A pigeon arrives to the newest applicant, in it's claws it holds a simple message, written in blood. It says:*

"You have been permitted to join our ranks, you will be contacted with further information."

-OOC-

-MC name*: Monkey34512

-Do you have a VA, and if no are you willing to make one?*: Yes I have a VA, as I am on the VAT.

-Do you promise to obey to the OOC rules?*: Yep

-Do you have Skype? ((For communications sake))*: Yes, I do. It is on my profile. My Skype name is Monkey34512

-IC-

-RP name: Nyx (Lady Nyx)

-What do you wish to join as, why?: I think I would best fit into a Haze

-What can you bring to the Frozen Thorns, what are you skilled in?: I am skilled in manipulation and torture.

-Race and Sex: High Elven Female.

-Do you swear to follow the rules of the Frozen Thorns? Refusing to do so will amount in your death.: I swear on my life, that I shall follow all rules and orders given by the Mistress.

-Do you have any previous or current loyalties?: No.

Situational RP Question ((Choose the one appropriate to the Rank you wish for.))

Haze--- You are ordered to go to a certain Arethor noble and get the money he owes you for weapons by any means you deem necessary.

Nyx bows to the mistress and dismisses herself, and makes her way to Arethor. Upon arriving, she scouts out, to see how many guards and city officials are around. When she finds her target she approaches him. She analyzes him, and finds that he is a ladies’ man. So she begins to flirt with him. She makes sure to touch his arms often, to show attraction to him. She soon asks “May we go speak someone more.... Private?” He takes her to his home.

Upon arriving she doesn’t half her flirting has she has a goal in mind. When she decides the time is right, she suggests bounding him to a chair. He agrees. He tells her to wait as he exits the house to retrieve some rope. While he is gone, she reaches into her shoe, and under a piece of leather, cut to fit her shoe, she has a small dagger. She hides it in a flower arrangement and sits on a chair, awaiting his return. Not but a few minutes later, he returns with rope. She smiles widely when he enters, and stands. He sits in the chair, and she ties him up. She makes him make sure the ties are secured, as well as she pulls on the rope, assuring that he cannot escape. When she decides they are secure enough, she stands in front of him, and her smile turns to a smirk. “I thought you would be harder” she says. His smile quickly fades, “What do you mean?” She walks over to the flower pot, and grabs her dagger. “Do you recall purchasing weapons from The Frozen Thorns?” She stares at him. He becomes worried, beginning to scramble in his chair, trying to break free. “Yes, I remember the weapons purchase” he says. “Good, then you know that you still owe us money” she twirls the dagger around in her finger, “I’d stop squirming, this dagger is very sharp.” She stares at him, as he thinks of what to say. “I-I paid already” he quietly says. Her smirk turns to a frustrates frown “Oh have you?” She brings the dagger down to his legs and presses it, slicing through his pants and skins. He screams as the blood beings to turn his pants red. “Are you going to lie to me again?” she asks. He quickly stares into her eyes, “No”. “Good” she says as she repeats her question, “So, will you give up the money, or should I just end your life?” He quickly turned frightened, “I’ll pay!” He nods his head towards a chest, “My minas are in there and the key is underneath the chest.” Nyx walks towards the chest, grabs the key, and opens the chest. She grabs 3k minas, and tucks it into her bag. She then takes an extra 500 minas for herself and puts it into a smaller bag within the [bigger] bag. She approaches the man again and slices his other leg, and places her hand on the slice. After enough blood gets on her hands, she smears it on his iron door. “Farewell, I don’t suggest trying to steal from us again.” She says, then exits the house, leaving the iron door half open with the blood smeared on it, as well as the man tied up.

Upon returning to her home, she hides the bag of 500 minas, and heads to her Mistress. She hands the 3k to the mists, and continues her life.

((I am aware that you are supposed to share profits with the mistress, but my character wouldn’t))

*Altariel reads the last applicants letter, frowning as she does so. This one seemed...different. With a shrug, she took up quill and ink and began to write an answer. After all, if this one tried to do anything, she would know. She always knew....She quickly finished the note and sends it off by bird to this Nyx. Hopefully, it would pay off to have allowed her in.*

The note reads;

"You have been allowed to join us. The Mistress will be watching you. You shall be contacted with further information later."

Celeste is hung from the post and she screams out in pain. Then in a few seconds, it was all over. She was dead.

Yet, days later she awake in the Cloud Temple. She rubs her neck and closes her eyes, trying to recall the last thing that happened. She had put up an offer for five thousand minas to some "Frozen Horns" group. Sighing, she walks out of the temple and heads to the market.

A man cries out. "Bread, get yer fresh bread!". Celeste sighs again as her stomach rumbles and she opens her coin purse. To her avail, the bank note for five thousand minas was gone. Her eye twitches for a second in utter realization and the feeling of hunger in her stomach is overwhelmed by anger.

"They ... steal and attack the Scylla?..." she mutters under her bread, clenching her fists. She whistles and three dark ravens come to sight. "Then ... they shall pay hundred-fold..."

OOC-

-MC name*: iMattyz

-Do you have a VA, and if no are you willing to make one?*: I'll be willing to make one in due course.

-Do you promise to obey to the OOC rules?*: Of course.

-Do you have Skype?*: Yes, you have my Skype.

IC-

-RP name: Baldwin te' Bastard

-What do you wish to join as, why?: Gold, Baldwin is as sneaky, cunning and convincing as he is small and physically weak. His skills are built more towards using his cunning and intellect to benefit the Frozen Thorns by dealing the more 'exotic' wares that the Frozen Thorns market.

-What can you bring to the Frozen Thorns, what are you skilled in?: As stated above, Baldwin is a sneaky, snake tongued halfling with a knack in getting rid of wares in whatever way possible, at any cost and always has an eye for coin.

-Race and Sex: Male Halfling.

-Do you swear to follow the rules of the Frozen Thorns? Refusing to do so will amount in your death.: Yes.

-Do you have any previous or current loyalties?: Nay.

Situational RP Question

Gold - You have just been given a cache of spears to be transported to a group of bandits in a city one day away, how do you proceed?

As Baldwin approaches the small caravan, ready to transport the spears and arms to the bandits who are purchasing them for whatever purpose, he spots one of the Orc peons lazily sat down with his belly flab hanging around, leaning against a tree sheltering from the heat of the day.

The small halfling is barely noticed by the rest of the peons around the caravan, nevermind the lumbering Orc. The relatively silent, cold morning air is pierced as he starts shouting and bawling at the large creature under the tree. “Ye’ be one lazy bastard! Ge’ te’ feck back te’ work or ye’ll be six feet under befer ye’ can say “Ug Bruddah!” The Orc briskly drags himself to his feet and mumbles something under his breath about taking orders from a Halfling whilst walking off in the direction of the caravan which is around twenty metres away. Baldwin watches the Orc with a disapproving and trademark angry look on his face, cursing him as he walks slowly back to work. “Feckin’ lazy beast, cannae get te’ staff dese days.”

Baldwin strolls briskly back to the caravan while still monologuing to himself about the lazy Orc and bumps into the Thorn who is accompanying him as he twists around the front of the front of the caravan. It is obviously Baldwin’s fault but he doesn’t care, in his mind it isn’t. “Ey’! Watch yer feckin’ way ye’ clumsy oaf!” He doesn’t give the unsuspecting and surprised subordinate any chance to apologise before shoving his way around him and climbing up onto the front vehicle in the caravan by one of the ropes on the front before shouting back to the other units in the small convoy in a shrill but relatively loud voice. “Are te’ arms all accounted fer!?” He waits for a few seconds before receiving a dejected “Aye” from his subordinate before ordering the caravan to depart immediately.

Regaki sits atop the Cloud Temple pillar, his eyes scanning the various figures below. Not a week ago he was told to find and exterminate these "Frozen Thorns", who were apparently some sort of rival of the Scylla's.

"Leave only the leader alive, and bring them to me." The words circle in Regaki's head as he looms over the residents of the Cloud Temple, and suddenly jumps down, following the human path.

"Many may run from the dark, death, The Shade. But you shall always be overtaken, and blanketed in the black veil. Hide ye mortals, The Last has come to play. Even your precious moon cannot save you now."

OOC-

-MC name*: Darkdragon274

-Do you have a VA, and if no are you willing to make one?*: I am accepted for 1, 2a, and 4. Link in sig.

-Do you promise to obey to the OOC rules?*: Yes.

-Do you have Skype? ((For communications sake))*: My Skype name is TheWafflian

IC-

-RP name: Relgard Sintel

-What do you wish to join as, why?: Silver. I am skilled in manipulation, and subtlety. These skills would be excellent in maximizing the profit of transactions. I am also very intelligent, and can handle myself in battle.

-What can you bring to the Frozen Thorns, what are you skilled in?: I can bring my intelligence and contacts from around Asulon. I work well independently, but I am not inhibited by working in a team.

-Race and Sex: Non-Traditional High Elf. Male.

-Do you swear to follow the rules of the Frozen Thorns? Refusing to do so will amount in your death.: I swear.

-Do you have any previous or current loyalties?: I once ran a group known as the Spectres, but has long since disbanded. My only loyalties now are to my family.

((It looks like the Gold and Silver questions are a bit mixed up. The rank descriptions have Silver as weapons dealers, and gold being drug dealers. I'll answer them both just in case though, but I'm shooting for the weapons-dealing rank.))

Silver---You are tasked with selling drugs in Arethor and the Mistress wishes for you to have sold 500 emeralds worth of it by the sunset.

The ones above the law are also the least likely to heed it; and the most likely to afford it. The first aspect of this trade is planning. How will I escape if things go wrong?

Seeing a gate with only one guard, I set up at a spot just out of sight from it. From here, I open a book and feign reading, but actually watch the passersby. Watching for the obvious customers; and occasionally risking a sale with the more upright ones, I slowly make my way to the desired amount.

Gold---You have just been given a cache of spears to be transported to a group of bandits in a city one day away, how do you proceed?

The first step is to gather a group of thorns to accompany me. Not for combat; for the ruse. I give them each a spear, and one a bag with the remainder. Being noticed will not be a problem.

Walking by the gate, the guard calls to us, "What is the reason for your weapons?".

To him I reply. "I am the Count of Carcasonne and our Blacksmithe has taken ill, we need our weapons repaired so we can hold off the monsters tonight."

Such reasons usually work, and I have the crest of the Gracchi House to prove my claims.

*Altariel smiles widely as she reads the two last notes brought to her by her Thorns. She nods slowly, licking her reddish sharp teeth and quickly writing down two separate answers, an evil light dancing in her icy cold eyes.*

"You have been permitted to join our guild. You shall be contacted with further information on a time when you shall be met by a Recruiter. Do not dissapoint the Mistress."

Celeste smirks under her silver mask. "So this is how the Thorns operate, hm?" she says to herself at the Cloud Temple stables. Her eyes dart around reading the note. Sighing, she pulls out her own sheet of paper and presses the nib of the ink pen against the paper beginning to write.

"The workings of the Frozen Thorns have not gone unnoticed. However, it is time to stand aside. We are the Scyllans and we do not tarry. If it's wealth, power, fear, you want, I extend my hand. The shadows are fairly friendly to those who know their way around the darkness. I give you an offer I seldom give others, Frozen Thorns. Bend the knee or be purged."

A tall, innocent looking woman walks past the stables, a bow on her back. As she reaches the end of the building, she quickly veers to the left, entering them with a rapid glance left and right. She flicks her hair out of her face and kneels down, a hand brushing against the dry hay, her eyes running along the new note. A shadow passes across her face as she begins to frown deeply, hissing as she breathes in sharply.

She grabs the paper, flipping it around and writing on the back with a stubby pencil, her writing rapid, her eyes wary as she looks from side to side, half expecting a trap.

"Cast your threats upon us as you will. Ice does not fear darkness, for it only prolongs it's life. You shall fall in our wake like many have before, Scyllan. Do not underestimate the ones you have no understanding of, mercenary. Extend your hand at your own risk. Leave us in peace, or find yourself in a grave with no marking to honor you."

[ I sense Villain Wars - Round #2 ]

Application ((When there is a “*” next to a question it means you must answer only in OOC, when there is a ◊ then it means you must answer in two parts, IC and OOC. Nothing means IC)).

-MC name*:Cyndikate

-Time on the server*:

-Do you have a VA, and if no are you willing to make one?*:Yes

-Do you promise to obey to the OOC rules?*: Yes

-Do you have Skype? ((For communications sake))*:Yes

-RP name: Anri/Karin

-Why do you wish to join? ◊: It was to keep a secret, It was either join or her life. She also wishes to somehow prove her worth.

I wish to join the Frozen thorns for a change in pace in my RP.

-What do you wish to join as, why? ◊: Haze,

-What can you bring to the Frozen Thorns? ((What can you bring IC and OOC?)) ◊: RP, what else?

My character is a skilled assassin.

-Race and Sex: High Elf female.

-Do you swear to follow the rules of the Frozen Thorns? Refusing to do so will amount in your death.: Yes

-Do you promise to obey to the OOC rules?: Yes

Anri follows the noble as he passes by, waiting for the moment to stop the him without attracting attention. As much as she hated being in Oren, she wanted to make this quick. She took a quick glance backward to check for followers before facing forward. As she finds a secluded place, she grabs the the man by the arms and inward. She drew her dagger to the man’s neck and asked him for the money. The man trembled as she presses the dagger to his skin, but gentle enough to avoid breaking it. He hands over the bag of minas, and Anri simply took it. She pushed him aside, watching him run off into the Arethor square.

Now that Anri had the money she needed. She headed back. She didn’t count the money along the way, as she wasn’t told exactly how much he owed.

((Note, I did leave some parts of this in the shade for the sole reason that I wanted to keep this mysterious and make people find out in Game.))

FjaGuildemb.png