[Event Idea] Return To Aegis.

Ever

I kind of agree with Reaper, the atmosphere of Aegis was because all the players were more laid back about RP and we were all newer and getting used to it all. If people didn't scream about the slightest bit of bad RP then the server right now would be much better. I remember in Aegis we had people doing smiley faces in chat instead of emoting and all sorts and none of us cared all that much. But I do think that the map was better than Asulon in a few ways until the last month or two when people knew that a new map was coming and just let the landscape get ruined pretty much. And it didn't help that the switch to 1.8 made the biomes mess up a bit(as on all pre-1.8 maps).

The map may have been ugly, but it had soul. Asulon felt like a skeleton. Players felt more inclined to build than roleplay. Players were more inclined to make a ban report on you than guide you/befriend you. Not to mention the strangehold we have on all activities now. You either need a two page lore explanation for every single thing you do, or you need to fill out form after form to build a small town somewhere. 

Sure, the players made Aegis great, but those players were missing from Asulon, for the most part. 

And the point of this event is to enjoy some nostalgia and show the newer players what our past towns were like. 

"I used to roleplay here as a guard!" Stuff like that.

It's a million times better than sitting in the same fort for the past two months doing nothing, just waiting for the new map to come out. 

An FM/GM/Admin should move this to denied, unless they REALLY want this to go through...