[Event Idea] Return To Aegis.

Ever

Having two full on world maps would lag the server to hell and back. 

Having two full on world maps would lag the server to hell and back. 

They're just the towns, not full world maps.

That doesn't really work though, a lot of the server populace today don't have Aegis characters or even knew what Aegis really looked like anyways OOC'ly and IC'ly. That and really, the entire world having the same dream is going to be something strange, it needs to signify something, you don't just have the entire world having the same dream for shits and giggles, it's usually because there is a need for it via a warning to be told or something like that. 

But there's plenty of people around who still have characters from Aegis. 

While I agree the lore reasoning is pretty bad (okay, it's terrible), I don't think that should be a barrier from a harmless and potentially fun event. All character involved forget a few weeks after the event so it will/would have no lasting effects on the populace asides from a few confused scribes. 

I just don't really agree with saying 'no, this is bad, and we cannot do this' just because it doesn't have an extensive lore backing (I could just come up with a lame lore reasoning like an Aengul/Daemon visiting the populace if really needed but... why? I don't feel it is needed). The event is ultimately harmless and would just be a neat roleplaying experience. Tell me, do you really want to stay on the same temp map for another month without any big break in the monotony? 

Wait.. What about when we use beds, we go to some places in Aegis and Rp with other sleeping people there? So it will be like DREAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some things are just better put to rest.

Aye, but something is better than nothing to break up the monotony of temp maps for 3+ months. 

A lot of people are just hanging around, waiting for events/3.0. 

Why not do an event to bring us back up to 200/250+ members online?

Why not like.. Alt server, for 2-3 days, before 3.0.? A flashback to the start of it all? :3

Why not like.. Alt server, for 2-3 days, before 3.0.? A flashback to the start of it all? :3

I figured that would be much harder than hosting a like... multiverse world thing? Plus I didn't want to split the playerbase up at all. 

That's part of the reason I don't want to host it: I want to keep everyone on the same server.

Aegis was my favorite time to play back before various things caused me to take a huge break. I'd love to relive the memories.

Kal'Urguan is fixed and ready to be used in this event if it's okay'd. 

Within lore, Aegis is no more and our characters would have no reason to return. They know those lands as infested by immortal undead beings and ruled by Iblees. They'd technically do anything to not go back.

Though, I agree it'd be a fun event if someone finds a way through lore.

BOO HOO SCREW LORE I WANNA ROLEPLAY IN AEGIS.

A dream would be nice, you don't need lore to have a simple dream of Aegis.  I also hate all ya'll "NO RP REASONING" all the time.

Edited by Skippy ~

No real Rp reason...

The flash back does sound good though.

The only problem I have is for the people not here during Aegis, we just, what? Float along?