[✓] [Lore] Runes

Tethras

Reserved.

Please also read this; 

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/82013-dwarven-history-the-blood-age/.

It ties in with the runelore.

[Dwarves of Runesmithing]

Secret Society

The Inner Circle of Runelords ((Three people))
Three Members.
The Prophet (Balyndar Irongut)  - The Prophet controls the religious aspects of rune smithing.
The Keeper (Valen Grandaxe) - The Keeper controls the teaching and study of rune smithing.
The Ordinator (Farren Starbreaker) - The management and direction of rune smithing.

The Circle of Grand Runesmiths. ((Six people. One for each type of rune.))
- One for each clan.

Runesmiths -
Create great works of art with runes. Takes on only Apprentices when they are considered well trained to assist them.

Apprentice -
After finally given a chance to learn some runesmithing, but before getting actual teaching and knowledge of Rune Smithing.

Student -
Undergoes manual labour to prove their dedication, gathering materials for the Runecrafters. In the process of learning purities of materials. Only understand materials.

Initiate -
Holds no true idea of what could/can happen just the fact they have a
chance at being trained into a runesmith. Only told general history.

So we cant get enhancements but all the other races get magic, seems legit.

So we cant get enhancements but all the other races get magic, seems legit.

Not at the moment, I'm afraid. Although the future is unsure. Depending on how people think of enchantments as the server progresses.

This is amazing! There is no better way for me to say it, simply amazing.

Not at the moment, I'm afraid. Although the future is unsure. Depending on how people think of enchantments as the server progresses.

This is the dwarven replacement for magic, if dwarves cant have this then well its unfair.

All other races have to apply to get magic and prove they are capable of using magic to provide RP for other players. Enchanted weapons only give enhancements in PVP. Wouldn't giving dwarves enchanted weapons make it unfair to ever other group? Essentially it would just make it unreasonable and give dwarves a huge advantage in wars. I also don't see why a dwarf couldn't apply for a magic app?

To quote a recent thread addressing some concerns about this; 

Alan (Darrian), on 27 Feb 2013 - 15:42, said:snapback.png

This was the verdict given on the subject and it will remain in effect until administration says otherwise. Locking the topic. If OP wants this discussion to be continued, he may PM me.

Excellent work Dave. Providing no other enchanted weapons are used, I think it's fair that we keep it balanced and save this as a dwarven alternative to magic.

Only dwarves available to use magic is Ironguts and this was for all dwarves in.general. just watch magic users turn the sides of war ;)

Only dwarves available to use magic is Ironguts and this was for all dwarves in.general. just watch magic users turn the sides of war ;)

I like how everyone expects magic users to be over-powered monsters that will just destroy enemies with their magic plug-in spells.

Is this the rune magic lore Shoi has been working on?

No point having two streams of idea when only one is going to make it.

This is the rune magic lore we have been working on with Shoi. Hence why her name is in the credits.