The Animals Of The Snow Mountains

Jistuma

22 members have voted

1. 1. Mark those you accept, you can vote in all.

• Yak
    • Wild Boar
    • Mountain Goat
    • Arctic Owl
    • None (only click this one if you don't vote on all the others)

Animals of the Snow Mountains

Since no normal cows, sheep, pigs and chicken can survive in the cold snow mountains, these animals should exist instead.

The Yak:

Tibetan+Yak+animals+of+the+beautiful+cit

MC animal: Cow

The hide we get would be the fur, and Yak milk is great! Also, lots of meat to eat.

The wild boar:

most-dangerous-game-wild-boar.jpg

Mc animal: Pig

Great taste, lots of fat, and look at that nose, it's so pretty. Meta will love them.

The mountain goat:

mountain_goats_on_snow2.jpg

Mc animal: Sheep

Look at all that fur! It seems so warm I want it!

The Arctic Owl:

snowy_owl-other.jpg

Mc animal: Chicken

They aren't domesticated, they just live in trees.I'll place a screenshot of the tree we have later.

Ps, from this moment on, VaerHaven shall be know as the town that eats Owls.

In all honesty I would much, much rather LoTC and the new world be populated by fantasy animals. I tire of all the realism, and would rather see fantastical animals and lore for the animals. Animals that are reminsicent of the real world, but have a flair of originality. The Jabbernack, the Kha bird thing, stuff like that. The idea is of course good to add more animals, I would just rather have fantasy animals, than real animals.

Yeah, well thing is, you won't have to pretend animals are called certain names for much longer.

And it won't just simply be 'lore'.

You know, 1.5 has changeable nameplates for mobs, guess what that entails?

I'll let you guys figure out what I might be working on in the future. ;)

Edit: I agree, Angelos. ^-^

In all honesty I would much, much rather LoTC and the new world be populated by fantasy animals. I tire of all the realism, and would rather see fantastical animals and lore for the animals. Animals that are reminsicent of the real world, but have a flair of originality. The Jabbernack, the Kha bird thing, stuff like that. The idea is of course good to add more animals, I would just rather have fantasy animals, than real animals.

Yeah, well thing is, you won't have to pretend animals are called certain names for much longer.

And it won't just simply be 'lore'.

You know, 1.5 has changeable nameplates for mobs, guess what that entails?

I'll let you guys figure out what I might be working on in the future. ;)

Edit: I agree, Angelos. ^-^

Well, thing is I wanted pictures in the lore, so much easier to explain what the animals would be like. I ain't that good with drawing and I have worked before with Deco on the animal list for 3.0 where she made fantastic drawings, and I had the same thinking as you. But that project went away, and I perfer to be other animals, instead of only the MC ones. If anyone would like to make drawings for animals I could very easily invent them, and create lore for them, better lore than what I gave in this lore post, because I used IRL animals, I didn't really think lore on what they were was needed.

If anyone wants to help, I'm all ears and would even thank you, for now, it's just for people to maybe start rp'ing other animals besides the MC ones :P

And thank you Telinir.

Telanir, you know we love you, right?

Yeah, well thing is, I -will- get around to all these great ideas people have, but there's a lot to do beforehand for me.

I'll get to work on this sooner than later, so don't get your hopes up just yet. :3

Well, thing is I wanted pictures in the lore, so much easier to explain what the animals would be like. I ain't that good with drawing and I have worked before with Deco on the animal list for 3.0 where she made fantastic drawings, and I had the same thinking as you. But that project went away, and I perfer to be other animals, instead of only the MC ones. If anyone would like to make drawings for animals I could very easily invent them, and create lore for them, better lore than what I gave in this lore post, because I used IRL animals, I didn't really think lore on what they were was needed.

If anyone wants to help, I'm all ears and would even thank you, for now, it's just for people to maybe start rp'ing other animals besides the MC ones :P

And thank you Telinir.

Well, use pictures, and re-name to fantasy. And don't thank me yet, I haven't done anything. ;)

I am literally no good at drawing, jistuma, but I would love to collaborate with you and form a portfolio of fantasy creatures that inhabit Anthos. As Telanir said, we could easily use pictures formerly created by others and create new lore and names. I just don't want Anthos populated with the same creatures as the real world.

I am literally no good at drawing, jistuma, but I would love to collaborate with you and form a portfolio of fantasy creatures that inhabit Anthos. As Telanir said, we could easily use pictures formerly created by others and create new lore and names. I just don't want Anthos populated with the same creatures as the real world.

Great! If you really want to help I'm all for it. How should we keep in contact with eachother? Skype, pm's, a document? I can't seem to send you a pm to the forum acount for some reason. I await your response.

*looks at his cow* "Well, I guess you're a Yak now"

Great idea, this really adds to the rp effects of biomes/climates. Just like dwarves cant grow certain crops in snow there should rply be different animals. Good idea

I approve of this for cold weather animals.  I will start calling the animals in the north around our workshop these names.  Well minus the owl.