[Academic] The Ministry Of Contemplation

PtahWithin

((Forgive me, I'm busy OOCly and I'll get to responding to your apps and meeting those people in game sometime soon.))

News on the construction of the Academy

Due to space limitations, the area for the Academy has been moved further down the road, across the river. Masonry and supports have been started, and following is a preliminary sketch made by our anonymous architect of the main courtyard:

1ssSITr.png

*Laenry places a response under the notice in Salvus, containing the information needed to join*

Minecraft Name: ilikefooddude

Applicant Name: Laenry Marrows

Race and Age: I am human, and about... Fourtey five. About.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal): I wish to become an Analyst

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: For many years, I have been inventing things using the wonderful arts of alchemy and herbalism. Due to the.. Effectiveness, of my inventions, I would much rather not name them or descrbe them, and I would like to state that the knowledge of my previous inventions as well as my inventions in the future be restricted.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): I am currently in need of a more stable working environment. Somewhere to research and practise in safety, without the constant threat of danger there is elsewhere. For many years now, I have been interested in alchemy and the like, delving into their mysterious depths and discovering many interesting and exciting things. I would like for my discoveries to be documented for (restricted) use in the future, by the generations that follow our own. It will also be my wish to learn more about this art from others in this wonderful field, and I hope I can do so in the Ministry.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: They are valid enough. I understand and agree.

Minecraft Name: Boodilly

Applicant Name: Samuel Nil

Race and Age: Human, 46

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven,
Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):  

Librarian

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that
Department:

Historical/social study in field for many years (~13 years
of wandering)

Describe the reason for your interest in that position
(>5 sentences):

I have had a great interest in general knowledge
and history for a good deal of time now. Though I followed this interest by
wandering and gathering knowledge from people, I am getting older and the hard
life of a wanderer does not suit me anymore. I feel I would be better suited to
a stable job with a bit less travel. Therefore, I seek to use my curiosity and experience
in gathering information to aid the ministry. In addition, being able to work
around a library and other scholars is an attractive prospect. I have some interest
of creating writings of my own as well. Finally,

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to
utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?:

Of course.

Edited for spacing.

Minecraft Name:  

Chetcal

Applicant Name:
William Crawford

Race and Age:
Human, age 27

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):

I am applying for a position as a pupil under the department of Naturalism

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department:

I was an apprentice for a medical researcher in Salvus. 

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences):

I have always having an interest in the medical field and medicinal properties of plants.  I wish to join the ministry as I with to learn more about nature and its ability to heal. Also I wish to share my findings with other as well as discuss the findings with other people. I think that joining as a pupil because as I do research of my own I can learn about other aspects of nature that I would otherwise never learned. I am also interested in this position because I am fascinated by the behavior of animals and would enjoy learning more about why animals respond to certain stimuli and not to others.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: 

Yes I do understand this and accept what is expected of me.

Minecraft Name: kido122

Applicant Name: Maehr"Celia

Race and Age: I am a Elf, of mixed blood at the age of 232.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):  I am applying for a Librarian position.

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: I once owned a small collection of books in Asulon and enjoyed reading them thoroughly. I have also currently become engrossed in the literary field as of late and have wrote several books in free time, and have another book planned for the near future.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences):  I believed I would be well qualified for the position  and I have a deep love for literature in all forms. Every since I was first taught to read I have since enjoyed to do so when ever possible as well as lately begun to write for myself. I have also developed a understanding and need to preserve what we have now for the future people of Anthos and beyond. I personally feel the art of story telling and writing is a much needed one and should remain forever available to all who seek it, as well as all the other forms of art that can found through out the lands. As of right now I have some books written by myself that remain with me finished, I hope to someday have them open to the world and continue to write for the years to come, as well as teach those who wish to learn the art and preserve it for them.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Yes, I understand it.

Minecraft Name: valor777

Applicant Name: Alitaus Lunas

Race and Age: Human, age of 17.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):

I wish to apply to join the Ministry of Contemplation as a Phrenal philosopher of the Department of Erudition

I have written many poems about all sorts of ideas. One elven year ago I begun my devotion to the study of truth and mathematics. I have helped in past battles creating battle plans using mathematics, statistics, and logical thinking to create a strategic edge. I have also taught a few others in the ways of mathematics and poetry. The poetic works I have created are mostly based off of certain societies and their disadvantages along with the problems erupting around the lands.

I wish to better improve my leadership and teaching skills along with my overall knowledge of the world. This Ministry could use my current knowledge to help others as they learn their studies. Thus increasing the knowledge of the Ministry. I believe if the world had more teachers, the world would have more innovators. More innovators bring more knowledge to the people, ranging from Orcs to Dwarves, nobles to the common people, North to South.  As we grow in knowledge, we may grow in respect for each other. As we learn others culture, we learn to live together instead of apart. Altogether, my interest is to increase my knowledge and teach other men and women to become scholars.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?:

Yes, I, Ali Lunas inderstand and will abide by the Common Clauses after my acceptance.

((I apologize for the delay. I still have about a month of school left, and also due to the fact that the academy is still being built thing are causing things for the Ministry to slow. However, I assure you that when I am out of school and the building phase is completed, there will be an explosion of activity, and so I ask you all to be patient. It shall be worth the wait.))

Minecraft Name: ((Sentlit))

*Cyrus attaches a clean piece of parchment near the poster, so that it may be found by whoever had put them up. Upon the parchment, are thin, gaudy, golden letters that fill the application. It is fastened to the board by a simple iron nail that protrudes from the board quite a bit.*

Applicant Name: Cyrus

Race and Age: I am a Mali who has completed about 90 years of life.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Analyst, Rhetor):

I seek to become a Theurgist within this ministry.

To the Elf Cyrus,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

Minecraft Name: Uniquename111

Applicant Name: Sil Iyat

Race and Age: Mali'ame, 150

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal): Librarian

To the Elf Sil Iyat,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

*Laenry places a response under the notice in Salvus, containing the information needed to join*

Minecraft Name: ilikefooddude

Applicant Name: Laenry Marrows

Race and Age: I am human, and about... Fourtey five. About.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal): I wish to become an Analyst

To the Human Laenry Marrows,

Minecraft Name: Boodilly

Applicant Name: Samuel Nil

Race and Age: Human, 46

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven,
Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):  

Librarian

To the Human Samuel Nil,

Minecraft Name:  

Chetcal

Applicant Name:
William Crawford

Race and Age:
Human, age 27

I am applying for a position as a pupil under the department of Naturalism

To the Human William Crawford.

The Ministry of Contemplation currently lacks the capacity to teach Pupils. However, if you desire you may join now to assist in various other tasks, followed by being taught as a pupil when it is possible for the Ministry to do so. You may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

Minecraft Name: kido122

Applicant Name: Maehr"Celia

Race and Age: I am a Elf, of mixed blood at the age of 232.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):  I am applying for a Librarian position.

To the Elf Maehr'Celia,

Minecraft Name: valor777

Applicant Name: Alitaus Lunas

Race and Age: Human, age of 17.

I wish to apply to join the Ministry of Contemplation as a Phrenal philosopher of the Department of Erudition

To the Human Alitaus Lunas,

((Just wondering, are the higher tiered positions in the Department of Narratives, and other Departments, open for applicants, such as Dean Bibliosoph or Savant of Narratives. Or is it a "prove your worth" sort of system where you'll eventually be moved to a higher tier?))

((Just wondering, are the higher tiered positions in the Department of Narratives, and other Departments, open for applicants, such as Dean Bibliosoph or Savant of Narratives. Or is it a "prove your worth" sort of system where you'll eventually be moved to a higher tier?))

((Those positions I shall award as I see fit, so yes, one could say it is a "prove your worth" system.

((Those positions I shall award as I see fit, so yes, one could say it is a "prove your worth" system.

((Okay, thanks))

Minecraft Name:

lukejes

Applicant Name:

Elandorr Staghorn

Race and Age:

I am an Elf, I recently turned 204 years old.

I would like to apply to be a Phrenal in the Department of Erudition.

Although I have never taught, I have always been somewhat a philosopher. Asking why and how on a daily basis. Wondering. Thinking. Over the many years of my life I have begun to create theories of my own on why things occur. Although I am not particularly well versed in logic and mathematics I feel that my philosophy will compensate for my lack of knowledge in those areas. 

Since I was a young child, I have been asking questions. This curiosity led me to leave my village and find my destiny. I have been a soldier, a bard, and a beggar for a short while. Throughout hard times, I began to ask questions more often. The curiosity of my childhood has taken a firm hold on me once gain. I would enjoy sharing my answers to questions and my questions to answers with others who wish to learn. In fact, it has been a desire of mine for a long while now to share my view of the world with others who see it differently. 

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: I do, completely.

Minecraft Name:

lukejes

Applicant Name:

Elandorr Staghorn

Race and Age:

I am an Elf, I recently turned 204 years old.

I would like to apply to be a Phrenal in the Department of Erudition.

To the Elf Elandorr Staghorn,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet

Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal within the Cloud Temple Library for a

last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

Minecraft Name: kallimar123

Applicant Name: Haudenfox Redensed

Race and Age: 45 and I am adunian, though I prefer half elf.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):  Pupil Analyst

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: Naturelism. I am an alchemist in training, I would like to study plants to put into my potions.  I also have been on many expiditions, all around anthos. I always go alone, and I would prefer to have some people with me. I have found a few exotic roots. I am also a healer. I help people when injured with mending potions.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences):  I would like to be a pupil analyst because I would like to learn more about the plants and animal items I am putting into my potion. I would like to gather more information on reletives, such as life, earth, water, and speed ect. I also enjoy druidism. It has always been my favorite form of magic next to illusionist. Though I cannot practice magic. I would really like to join this position.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Yes

Minecraft Name: kallimar123

Applicant Name: Haudenfox Redensed

Race and Age: 45 and I am adunian, though I prefer half elf.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):  Pupil Analyst

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: Naturelism. I am an alchemist in training, I would like to study plants to put into my potions.  I also have been on many expiditions, all around anthos. I always go alone, and I would prefer to have some people with me. I have found a few exotic roots. I am also a healer. I help people when injured with mending potions.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences):  I would like to be a pupil analyst because I would like to learn more about the plants and animal items I am putting into my potion. I would like to gather more information on reletives, such as life, earth, water, and speed ect. I also enjoy druidism. It has always been my favorite form of magic next to illusionist. Though I cannot practice magic. I would really like to join this position.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Yes

((This should be interesting, considering you bought me as a slave...))

Minecraft Name:  Xmaslightguy

*An old piece of parchment is stuck under the poster.  While the paper is of very poor quality, the handwriting inside is surprisingly good.*

Applicant Name:  Yric Telcontar

Race and Age:  Human of 6 and 40 years

What position are you applying for?  Phrenal in the Department of Erudition

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department:  I have always been a "Why" sort of person.  I can never settle for just accepting things, and constantly strive for better understanding.  When I was a child I learned mathematics and philosophy and have spent my whole life refining these skills.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position:  As a younger lad I served as the philosophical advisor to the Lord of a small town in Aegis.  When the undead drove us from those lands I was also displaced from my position.  I continued to educate myself the best that I could, but I lacked many practical skills and so in my stay at Asulon I ended up becoming a beggar.  Now in Anthos I have finally find this wondrous Ministry, and dutifully hope to regain the teaching skills I once had mastered.  The reason I don't wish to be a pupil is simply because I have the knowledge somewhere in this old head of mine, and I believe being surrounded once again by scholars and professors will bring these memories back.

Should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses.  Do you understand this?  I understand and vow to uphold the Common Clauses