Motivating Yourself For Role-Play - Guide

Errand

Motivating yourself for Role-play

Introduction

Hi. So you're probably here because you're not feeling too great about role-play in general, or because it's becoming a chore to deal with because you've been here for a while. Best place for you is this topic, if I may say so myself.

I'm going to be basic and brief when informing you how to be more positive about your role-play, and to improve your attitude towards it in general.

The first steps of positivity;

You. You are the only thing that can alter yourself. Others can force change, but only you can accept it. And it's best to be in control of these changes. As you get older, it will be easier, or maybe you already do and don't know quite how to develop your understanding. Regardless, the first step is yourself.

There is a common diagram often used when motivating people. I have recreated it for use on the forums themselves.

zAq22dA.png

Thoughts transfer into your emotions. If you look at something, or someone, in role-play and instantly think negatively, it will transfer into how you feel about that particular occurrence or person. Same goes for positive, thankfully. If you sit and remind yourself that "Well, their role-play is good actually. Maybe I can help." then you will both have an easier time, and thus the logical solution to negativity and positivity is solved.

From your emotions, your role-play is affected. In psychology, this would be replaced by your actions. But as we are talking about improving your role-play, we shall refer to it as such.

Your role-play is improved when your emotions are balanced about the specific thing. Only then can you achieve a decent stature of 'good role-play'. It is apparent that people on the server are typical to stereotyping, like most on the internet. If you have your thoughts set on countering that stereotype with your own judgement, you'll find you will like more people on the server, and will thus enjoy your role-play much more.

Finally, results. Or success, if you're thinking positively. If your thoughts make your emotions stable, and your emotions help your RP to be stable, your results are going to be great. Which means your motivation is lifted, your thoughts are more positive, and the process repeats and upgrades each time.

Thank you for reading, it only works for as long as you believe it does ~

=]

I have a tip for everyone. If you don't already do it, carry a journal around with you. Record everything in it. Where you go, what you see, random thoughts your character has. It makes everything seem much more significant and interesting.