Sam's Catalog Of Plant Life,liquids, Alchemist Solutions And Animals Of Athera

Samsan99

None of this lore is mine you can find the owners and link at the end of this. Also you must learn about this IC this is only for OOC references 
Please give me feed back and thing i might of missed or any thing else that should be added! i plan to do more animals soon.

I have almost moved most of this onto our new wiki :) and im improving the pages now so go check it out :D

Herbs plants and other alchemic objects

First up is the plant life and animal life of anths from the rich lively frostiest of mailnor to the hard dry land of the orc badlands.

Flora of the Forests:

A collection of flora found across the forests regions of Anthos 

Atheros

Found in jungles. Mostly Kha land. Grows near trees. Atheros is a white with brown and grey spotted root. Found under trees. Atheros is shaped somewhat like a snake. It is curved at the end, and has a long body. It is about two feet long.
Atheros is a medicine. It is used to relieve pain. It creates a great pain relief solution and/or potion, though it can be used raw. But it is best when mixed

Alabaster Leaf: Moderate Earth Symbol

Certainly one of the stranger and more prominent plants in Asulon, the Alabaster Leaf is often found most often is drier regions of forests, often around fallen trees. From observation and testing, I have reasoned that this plant is quite poisonous, often fairly small, and difficult to harvest for the untrained hand. Its alabaster hue is often extracted by crushing the leaves and used as a dye and paint for the locals. Its extract can also be used as a mild poison, causing nausea and dizziness in those afflicted. The best way to extract the leaves of this plant is to take the entire plant by the roots and cut the leaves off as needed to avoid losing the valuable extract within it. This can be used for antidotes, oils, and in particular, a rather potent potion that causes a great deal of fatigue.

Azaleas
are poisonous on all parts, these can cause nausea, vomiting, coma, hard of breath, and most likely death. These can be found deep in forests.

Blazing Fern
Upon the Forests in Anthos, A strange few trees and plants seem to have changed. Some may say that the trees are ablaze in a flame, but to those with the keener eye, it is a growing vine-like plant bright orange and red, seemingly changing colors simultaneously. it has fern leaves protruding from the vines, and they take over branches and leaves, leaving the tree into a form of Hybrid. The next step in the cycle of the plants life is its decay. The ferns begin to become a fading orange, as if it were a dying flame. It then turns to an ashen grey, as the colors on the vines begin to fade. At this point you would see strange  insects, the color of foggy water climb up the vines, and eat the grey remains.

The Seeds: The seeds naan be grounded into powder. Once mixed with silk, the juices of 5 oak leaves and some sugar, it can be used to create a very potent potion that can cause sever rashes and heat exhaustion.

The Vines: Once boiled and squished, a flammable substance can be made that when consumed is very bad for the internal organs, causing kidney stones , severe fevers and nausea.

The Ferns: When grounded up and combined with olive oil, it can be boiled into a superb smelling essence. However, the content of olive oil causes a good deal of sweating, and damages the skin.

Crouching Feather: Strong Air Symbol
One of the more peculiar subjects I’ve found within the forests of Asulon, is the rare and quite potent “Crouching Feather.” This flowering plant is often found, relatively speaking as it is quite rare, under the larger bushes and shrubs of the botanical world. The flower can be recognized for its three white petals that sweep in a downwards curve to the point in which they touch the ground, appearing as “feathers” to some. As for the reason they call it “crouching” is quite obvious when one takes the time to think about how it is found under larger fauna. Harvesting this plant can often be tricky, for it only blooms at night and one strong wind will often knock the petals, the most potent part of the flower, right off of the stem. Although finding a flower that is intact can often be somewhat difficult, if one does manage to capture one then it can serve as a fairly strong symbol of Air. Taking the fairly unblemished and clear extract from the petals can be a difficult task, due to their frailty but not a wholly impossible one if you are careful. I have found that Crouching Feather extract is best used in potions of Celerity, and, in fact, it makes these potions quite potent

Dieffenbachia
also known as Dumb Cane is completely poisonous in all parts. It can cause irritation as well as burning in the mouth, now if the tongue swells to much at the back the person can die of asphyxia. These can be found in jungles.

Elephant Ears
just the same as Dieffenbachia has poison in all parts; causing irritation of the mouth, and possible suffocation from the tongue swelling. These are found in jungles.

Narcissus
this can cause nausea, vomiting, or like the hyacinth, even death. These often grow on slopes near forests, usually in limestone.

Mistletoe’s berries
haveing killed both adults and children after they have consumed a few berries. These are found high up in trees.

Laurels
are completely poisonous on all parts, these have the effects of nausea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, coma, and death. These can be found in spruce forests

Serpent’s Stalk: Moderate Water Symbol
Another easily identifiable forest plant that grows near small bodies of water, such as ponds, and often within the water of the pond itself. Serpent’s Stalk can be identified by long, deeply emerald hued stalks, hence the name, with strips and ridges of a lighter green and brown along its length. This reed-like plant is easy enough to collect, just cut it as low as possible, and simple to use. Although the name may suggest a poisonous nature, this is not true for the most part. From my observations, and that of a few locals I have spoken to, the Serpent’s Stalk seems to only be poisonous to specific insects that come into contact with it. I am unsure why but it seems to be safe enough for human, and animal consumption. Through careful testing I’ve concluded that this could act as a powerful ingredient to potions based around the Water element and therefore could be used in antidotes, potions of calmness, oils, balms, and healing potions. In fact, a local remedy involves the crushing of the upper stalk of this plant, mixing it with water, and pouring it on burns to help soothe the pain. If this is the case, then it will certainly be useful for potions for the purpose of putting out fires, or numbing pain.

Singed Kha: Moderate fire symbol

A bright vermillion this plant has extremely large leaves which have the same texture as a Kha’s pelt, but also has the strong scent of burning Kha fur when fully matured. The plant when fully grown stands at about 1.5-1.7 metres tall and mainly grows in rich and fertile soils, so it is most commonly found in the rainforests where the Kha commonly live. The plant does not flower and its roots are very shallow so as to absorb all the nutrients on the upper-layer of the topsoil. The leaves are the main regent that one should harvest for use in Alchemy. The plant has mild irritation properties when rubbed on bare skin so gloves are recommended for harvesting this particular regent. This irritation is much more severe when applied to one’s eyes so goggles would not be out of place either. Has no real healing, poison or any other properties except for maybe as a deterrent to those with sinister purposes in places they should not be.

The Crimson Vase: Strong Fire Symbol
The Crimson Vase is a flower I was told about by a few villagers from a hamlet deep within the forests of the South. They spoke of a deep red, crimson even, with large, sweeping petals shaped like an elegant vase. As I set out to find this flower, I found it quite difficult but upon finding it I took notice of how it grew under a tree, almost clinging to it, but it also seemed to be perfectly placed within a beam of light that peered through the leaves. An interesting combination indeed, for I believe that this flower grows under smaller, younger trees since it appears to prefer to be close to the base of a tree, and in mildly direct sunlight. This combination fascinates me for it is quite hard to achieve this with the larger, more leafy trees. More research is required on where this plant is found, but picking the petals one by one seems to work quite well in extracting the real power from this flower. One must be careful not to tear or damage the petal, for I have learned first hand this will be detrimental to the potion. With that said, the Crimson Vase also seems warm to the touch, almost lovingly so. Keeping this mind, it would be almost vital in a powerful love potion, and a strong ingredient in potion involving the element of Fire, such as Alchemist’s Fire or a rage-inducing potion. This could also be an interesting addition to an envy potion, but more experimentation will be needed to confirm that. It is certain that the Crimson Vase is certainly a powerful addition for any emotion affecting potion in the domain of fire.

FlameTongue Root: Moderate Symbol of Fire
This plant with bright, rust colored roots can mostly be found in heavily forested areas. The physical properties of this plant make it fairly hot to the touch. It also causes the coagulation of blood when applied to an open wound. The plant itself prefers to grow on hilltops or in fields where it is likely to get lots of sunlight and water. It also tends to sprout up in areas where there has been a recent forest fires. The plant is most commonly known for its almost rose like appearance. With sharp brambles that leave behind hot spores that cause excessive pain. It is best to harvest while wearing a glove. As touching the plant with one’s bare hands can result in the powdery spores getting on them. Causing heightened sensitivity and pain.

Tippen’s Root: Moderate Earth Symbol 
Tippen’s Root, named after the botanist that discovered the small, yet bitter, herb is quite common in denser forests and around hills. Within dense forests, it can be found dug in deep around fallen trees and on hillsides. It can be identified by the fascinating purple flowers that tend to grow around it, along with its distinct appearance with numerous dark, yellow spots covering the wrinkled, ruddy herb. The uses of this herb are actually quite fascinating, for an old remedy uses it in a rather foul-smelling balm that stops bleeding nigh-instantly of some of the deepest cuts. I even observed a local lumberjack stop the bleeding of a rather deep wolf-bite with the use of this balm, although death from blood loss appears far more favorable than inhaling the stench of this remedy. With that said it can be used for this balm of course, but in the hands of an alchemist, it can be used in representation of earth and it’s nigh-necessary in a strong healing potion. Strength and endurance also appear to be traits of this plant and therefore they would imbue a potion with these traits as well, for it grows like a weed and is terribly hard to get rid of.

Rosary Pea seeds
are fatal, a single seed can kill a person. Find these at the deepest part of a jungle, they are extremely hard to find.

Jack-in-the-Pulpit
have toxins through the whole plant, causing the same thing as dumb ear, swelling and burning of the tongue. These are found in woodland areas.

Yew’s leaves and berries 
cause sudden death. These can be found in Spruce forests.

Foliage of the Swamp:
A collection of foliage found in the swamps regions of Anthos

Biteit 
Found in marshes. Grows under lilly pads. Biteit is a greenish type mushroom. It has some small brown spots on it. It is shaped like a mushroom. It is usually 2 x 2 inches
Biteit is used mainly as a side needed root for medicines.

Bleeding Heart
has poisonous foliage and roots, causing death to cattle if eaten in large amounts. Can be found in swamp areas.

The Dwarf’s Pumpkin: Fire Symbol
The odious orange-leafed shrub, aptly named “The Dwarf’s Pumpkin”, is one of the most prominent feature of Swamp botany in the fact that it represents it perfectly. It’s quite simple to pick, the smell is atrocious, and the mud and water around the bloody thing may trap your favorite boots in that swamp forever. It is true that I, as an Alchemist and as a person, detest the flora of swamps and picking them but of course it must be said that the herbs here are quite potent, and I would not allow my student to miss both the adventure and potency involved in the plant-life of swamps. The Dwarf’s Pumpkin is named for its use in some dwarven brew, as surely no-one else would have the idea of putting a disgusting swamp shrub into a drink, and for its smaller size, along with its orange color. Although the Dwarf’s Pumpkin is small and stature, and strong in smell, it is also strong as a symbol of fire. It is true that if one were to take one of the leaves from the ginger shrub, that they would certainly find the taste to be over-powering, potent, and bitter, as if a fire were burning within their mouth. Is it truly a good ingredient for Alchemist’s Fire, and anything else relating to the more powerful and destructive side of Fire. With that said, as with most herbs from the swamp, and may cause a rather “swampy” smell to permeate from your work. The Dwarf’s Pumpkin is most often found growing out in the open of swamps, and although it doesn’t have any particular breeding ground it should be said that swamps aren’t necessary overflowing with this herb, it is still quite rare to find but at the same time quite easy to spot from a distance. To harvest this, merely cut the leaves with the brightest of orange hues, for these are the most potent of the lot.

Mandragora: Moderate Symbol of Water
This little plant is roughly shaped like a parsnip and tends to grow in wetlands. The plant is known for producing highly narcotic and hallucinatory spores. The spores are also highly toxic and death due to harvesting the plant while it is still in the spore production phase of its life can be fatal. When the plant reaches full maturity it releases the spores into the air around it. Two weeks after the spores are released is the plant safe for harvesting. The plant is fairly nutritious and provides a high amount of antioxidants, The leaves or “Head” of the Mandragora goes particularly well as a garnish for soups or tea’s. The “Meat” of the plant can be ground up and used for the creation of potions that revitalize the body and mind, as well as support Regeneration of damaged tissue.

Nightshade’s
are known for being deadly in all parts also, these cause death swiftly. This can be found in lush swamps or forests near swamps.

Swamp Blossom: Moderate Air Symbol
This purplish-green flower of such a foul-smelling, boot-stealing, and dank place, the Swamp Blossom is the only “pretty” flora you will find in the swamp. The Swamp Blossom, as said before, is easily identifiable by its long, purplish-green petals, short but thick stem, and its affinity for the branches of swamp trees. Questioning the locals, or the insane as I call them for living in a swamp, has lead me to a particularly interesting finding in the fact that these flowers are actually quite the symbol for Air, believe it or not. They secrete a rather strange nectar that has the properties of quicksilver! It is a clear fluid that dances about the hand and responds to touch like no other fluid I have handled beyond quicksilver, leading me to believe the local Alchemist of that area for what better a symbol for air, than something that shifts quickly to the point you cannot close your hand, for it will slide right between your fingers. My belief in this being a symbol for the Air is further reinforced with the fact it grows high up in swamp trees, a strange aspect indeed. Swamp Blossom Nectar could be used in almost any manner of Air-centric potion as long as the goals involve speed.

Saffvil: Moderate Earth Symbol
The stalwart weed of the Swamp, Saffvil is a sickly green grass that can be found hugging the bottoms of swamp trees, the carcasses of fallen trees, and even the sites of dead animals. This herb, is a rather special symbol of the Earth in the fact that it does not necessarily represent life or rebirth, or anything along those lines. Its strongest representation of Earth, is resilience and death, for it can often be seen next to dead things, or acting as a sort of parasite of the much larger fauna of the swamp. The resilience is found by the fact that Saffvil is an awful thing to get rid of, as it spreads quite quickly and quite easily. Eliminating its “host” for sustenance, such as the tree it surrounds, is often the easiest way to ensure it does it not spread. An alchemist once told me this herb was essential in some of the more deadly poisons, and I do believe there were whispers of an aging potion but that is the kind of humbug that I refuse to listen to.

Iris’s underground stems
Iris’s underground stems are poisonous, these cause varying cases of digestive upset. These are found in swamp like areas.

Water Hemlock
Is known for all parts being poisonous, causing violent convulsions, and death. These are found in swamps.

Vegetation of the Desert:
A collection of vegetation found in the desert region of anthos

Blood Lotus: Moderate Fire Symbol
This small rust colored plant grows in hot climates usually near the entrance to naturally formed caverns. It forms a red rusty trail to along the entrance way. Climbing like a along and falling before it like a red curtain. Cave bloom, is most useful as a dietary supplement. For it provides several key vitamins and nutrients not commonly consumed by a peasant’s daily ration of food. It works best when mixed with a broth as it tends to have a strong irony taste to it. Almost like blood. It can also be fermented to make a strong alcohol with a deep red tinge.

Desert Bush Berries
They are berries that grow from bushes in the desert cactus forests. They are native to Elysium and Anthos. They are fully red and have a strong and sweet taste. Their uses in alchemy, potion making and other appliances have not yet been discovered.

Drake’s Tail: Strong Symbol of Fire
The elegant, yet unforgiving legend of the Desert, Drake’s Tail is the veritable pinnacle of the herb-based symbol for the element of Fire. Even though there are more powerful, non-herb symbols in the world for Fire, one must realize that Drake’s Tail, the blackened briar of the Desert, is the finest one that you can gather without having to kill something. Drake’s Tail is the rarest herb within this selection that I have chosen, in the fact that although it is resilient, strong, and quite sharp it only grows in very particular conditions of moisture, dryness, and humidity. Most often you will find it in the shade, not so far away from an Oasis due to how the heat it still there, but the soft moisture of the Oasis can still be caught within the air. Of course there is not a one-hundred percent guarantee that it will be there, and this is only to help facilitate one’s search for it. Spotting Drake’s Tail is mildly easy, due to its dusky color, its thin but long sharp thorns that jut from its dry surface, and its affinity to wrap around a rock. If one wishes to harvest drake’s tail, you’d best try to take the entire briar itself, for both the root and the thorns must be used for its full power. One must be careful though, for the thorns are laden with a fever-inducing poison that keeps all manners of animals away. Drake’s Tail is best used in Fire-centric potions, obviously, and it can take on the representation of any quality of fire, a rare aspect for any ingredient in the alchemist’s domain.

Goblin’s Ivy: Weak-Moderate Earth Symbol
The brownish-green vine of the deserts, Goblin’s Ivy lives up to its name as it grows with short vines and leaves, and takes on a terrible disgusting color. This muddy piece of fauna is actually quite common amongst the Deserts of Asulon in the fact that it seems to enjoy clinging to buildings, ruins, mountains, or anything else that will accept its murky visage. Goblin’s Ivy isn’t necessarily the finest of ingredients within Asulon, but if one only has access to desert ingredients, it can be a suitable symbol for the element of Earth. Within the domain of Earth it often represents resilience, life, and poison. It’s an interesting truth that Goblin’s Ivy can make a scentless, cunning, but mild, poison that induces nausea but what’s more interesting is how it can boost resilience potions, such as a potion of Stoneskin, due to its strange nature of surviving under less than favorable circumstances. Goblin’s Ivy is an ivy within a desert, sitting in the unforgiving, scorching sun all day long, and yet it survives with little moisture. Even when somebody hacks it away, Goblin’s Ivy seems to always come back as if it were some sort of weed, or a stray dog you foolishly decided to feed. Even if it isn’t exactly the jewel of the desert, it is certainly a mystery of nature that this petite plant is just as hardy as any diamond.

Lantana Camara
Also known as red sage have poisonous green berries, these have a poison that attacks the lungs, heart and kidneys, causing death. These can be found in deserts.

Oleander
has poisonous leaves and branches, when consumed this causes an extremely upset stomach, heart problems, and can cause death. Can be found in hot places such as the orcish desert

Star of Bethlehem
Just like Autumn Crocus in which the bulbs cause nervous excitement and vomiting. These can be found in the orcish desert.

Javens 
Found in deserts. Mostly in the orcish badlands. Grows near water. Javens is a brown with greenish stripes on it. Javens is shaped like a sand spur. It isnt sharp though. It is very large, and easy to bite. It is about three x three inches
Javens is another medicine. Unlike the Atheros, this is for knocking people out.  Simply bite into it and in 5 elven minutes, you should be sleeping like a baby. It is great for surgery. There is one potion you can make from it though. It lasts for 10 elven minutes.

Zawabate: Moderate Symbol of Water
The Oasis Blossom of the Desert, Zawabate is as rare a sight to see as a lush and fertile Oasis is in the deserts of Asulon. Zawabate is of the most prominent hues of green and yellow, its petals short and curvy, and its stalk tall and proud. Zawabate’s favored growing location is near the fertile waters of the Oasis it rests within, protected from the harsh realities of the desert in something of a dreamland of verdant life. As such, this plant is known by the local shaman and witchdoctor to possess mirage-inducing properties that are often used in a special tea said to grant “out of body experiences.” Now I do not know these tribal magics, nor do I care to learn them, but what I do know is that the hallucinogenic properties of this flower compliment potions that wish to induce that desired affect quite perfectly. These flowers are a decent symbol of Water, and they are certainly an amazing addition to potions designed to numb pain or heal because of their home in such a lush landscape among a wasteland of aridity. Zawabate should be used in moderation, though, for too much of this blossom’s nectar can cause a potion meant for healing to cause severe and brutal delusions and mental illness and therefore it can double as a fatal ingredient to a mind-altering, or destroying, poison.

Shrubbery of the Snow:
A collection of shrubbery found in the show regions of Anthos

Athin: Strong Water Symbol
Athin is a curious little algae that grows beneath not completely frozen lakes, most commonly found within the snowier parts of Asulon. It’s light blue visage is somewhat easy to make out in the correct circumstances, but at the same time it could be quite hard to see due to the fact it prefers growing in lakes clouded by ice and snow. Finding this plant is an absolute certainty if one were to crack a hole in a decent sized layer of ice that leads to a source of fresh water, by with that absolute certainty comes absolute death if one is not accompanied by a friend. It is true that it takes two to harvest Athin due to the fact if you are to crack a hole in the ice, chances are it will be covered once more by the time you find a good, fertile specimen of Athin within the depths of the lake and therefore you will need a college to smash another hole into the frigid depths below for you to make your escape. The proper gear will also be needed so one does not suffer from sickness from the cold, especially frostbite. Overall Athin is somewhat easy to find, but difficult to gather. Although, with great risk often comes great reward and Athin is no exception, for it can be a fairly strong symbol for Water and not just life or balance, but ice. Athin is one of the few herbs you will find that will make an excellent symbol of the colder half of Water for any potion that is centered around frigid temperatures. I also hear it makes a wonderful lotion, but I digress

Daphne berries
Daphne produces poisonous berries, it only takes a few to kill a small child. These can be found in snow areas, they are extremely hard to find

Elf’s Hair Vine: Strong Air Symbol
The elegant and legendary “Elf’s Hair Vine” is a rare sight indeed within the frozen wastes of Asulon. Its delicate, icy white visage is complimented with the small blossoms that grow along these thin vines, building the picture of an elf’s long hair, with a flower accentuating its beauty. This is truly one of the more stunning pieces of botany within Asulon, and this fragile vine is certainly something to see even if you are not a learned Alchemist, simply for its beauty. The Elf’s Hair Vine is by far one of the more easily destroyed flora of Asulon in the fact that it grows off high cliffs within the frozen tundra, dancing about in the wind. One would think that it would break away easily due to how thin and brittle it seems, but in fact it is quite hardy. It is the blossoms along the vines that are the less than hardy part of this vine. With a strong wind, these blossoms are sent away on a fascinating journey amongst Asulon’s snowy plains, never knowing where they may land. It is the blossoms, not the vine, that possess the nectar and petals for a rather strong symbol of the air. Speed and grace are these blossoms greatest features, and should definitely boost the power of any potion centered on, or around, those two attributes.

Jasmine berries
can cause digestive issues, if eaten in large quantities these will cause death. These can be found in snowy areas

Frost Vine: Moderate Water Symbol
This small blue plant grows in cold wintery climates. It likes dark shady areas and is known for growing around trees forming a long blue spiral trail all around them. Frost vine when crushed and mixed with water produce a sticky clear substance. When rubbed into the skin it numbs pain and loosens stiff muscles. The plant itself is rather cold to the touch and prolonged contact causes numbing of limbs, though thorough washing of hands will eventually return the affected area to normal.

Elrow Berries: Moderate Fire Symbol
The thirst-inducing Berries of Elrow, a firebrand amongst the Alchemical field that had a berry named after him in mock celebration, are a peculiarity amongst the frigid wastes due to how it represents a mild symbol of fire. Elrow Berries, or Hellfire Fruit as the locals enjoy calling it, are probably one of the only symbols of Fire you will find within the cold and one may even find the fact that there is a symbol of Fire within cold to be quite strange. They represent Fire due to the fact that when one eats an Elrow Berry, their mouth will begin to burn as if they ate a terrible spicy piece of food. Soon their throat will feel the same way and begin to have an awful soreness come upon it. Shortly after the throat is affected, sweating occurs as the body heats up and aches spread quickly amongst the muscles. This lasts for ten minutes to twenty minutes, and falling unconscious is not uncommon. The Elrow Berry is often used in poisons, as a symbol of Power, a symbol of Rage, and generally a symbol of the more destructive and harmful sides of Fire. This has also been known to be used in a rather potent ale, and therefore you should be wary of taking strange drinks from a strange man within the kingdom of Hanseti.

Plants Found across the land
Plants found all over Anthos

Aqua Nymph: Strong water symbol
A small chain of blue baubles that grow under the water they can easily be mistaken for frogs or toad spawn. The Nymphs are extremely delicate and it must not be touched by hands, a correct way to harvest these is to take the thin layer of sediment that it grows in and the whole plant, then scooping it into a large jar so that it does not touch the edges and its roots remain intact. This is an important point to remember because if it is done any other way it will almost certainly ruin the plant. When ingested by itself it induces severe hallucination unless boiled which will produce a powerful burn remedy, and it is not to be consumed even in its oil form as it will in fact cause in some cases a closure of one’s air passage. Has powerful healing properties particularly with the healing of burns and magical fire. This can be achieved by gently pouring the plant roots and all into a cauldron or small pot and when boiled down the small pod like buds will release the liquid that is inside them into the boiling water, there a chemical reaction occurs and it turns the water to thick oil that can easily be spread.

Autumn Crocus
vomiting and nervous excitement. These can be found at the top of high mountains

Black Locust’s
bark, sprouts, or seeds can cause nausea, weakness, and depression. Can be found anywhere.

BlissFoil
Blissfoil, found under birch trees in particularly grassy areas, is an aid against pain and itching. It relieves the sense of touch a slight, and makes sure that pain is decreased. Blissfoil looks like a small collection of blue flowers, with thick - yet slippery and flimsy stalks. It is easy to remove carefully from it's roots, though they tend to run deep to get a lot of nutrients (which cause the antiseptic liquid around it's stalks and petals.

Blistering Toad: Strong Fire symbol
A gnarled orange and red fungus it grows only in places of great humidity. Found commonly in rotting trees it is a rare sight even for the trained eye. At a first glance it looks like an ornamental toad that is stuck to the edge of a rotting Oak log. There is no sap inside of the fungus instead there are spores which will begin to decay almost instantly unless they are transported quickly and smoothly from the inside of the fungus into an air-tight jar (This can be achieved with a wax seal). The fungus is practically odourless and so are the spores and this is one reason why it makes it so difficult to find. Very difficult to cultivate as there are no seeds just the spores and the conditions need to be almost perfect for it to grow. The fungus being rare is not particularly useful except for maybe an ornament when dried as it becomes rock hard, but the spores are an entirely different matter. The spores have a corrosive effect on the soft inner-linings of ones throat and oesophagus, so it is recommended to wear a mask when harvesting these spores. If they are diluted into water they will become useless, but if placed straight into boiling lard they take on a jelly like consistency which can then be cut into required amounts when cooled.  This can be placed in foods etc. for evil purposes.

Bronze Dust: Moderate Earth symbol
Located in the depth of the world Bronze Dust is neither common nor rare, one just needs to know the correct place to look. Found near groundwater one must delve into the extreme deeps of the world, large veins of this substance have been found by Dwarves in its compressed form, but once it is broken off in chunks it can be ground down using a mortar and pestle to grind it into the fine powder known as Bronze Dust. The powder seems to shine in light and has the consistency of fine sand.  When rubbed onto bare or broken skin it can cause mild irritation, not a particularly useful potion unless one wishes to irritate your attacker into submission then it is possibly a suitable tool for use.

Cherries
though the fruit is good, the leaves and twigs are poisonous,causing gasping, high heart beat, and most likely death. Can be found in regular grasslands.

Castor Bean seed
are also fatal, though usually it takes one to kill a child, and two for an adult. These can be found in tropic regions, and are rather hard to find, being extremely rare.

Daffodil
causes nausea, vomiting, and possibly death. These can be found in any region that is decently warm

Drilltongue: Moderate earth symbol
Found in mountains and tundra this extremely hardy plant has a green hue and looks like a tangle of roots. It has the ability to ingrain itself into rock and to take water and nutrients from the snow and sleet around it. Is tough enough to be used as something like a rope, tourniquet or wove into a basket, bag or pack. It has sap located in the buds near the base of the plant which has a sweet taste and narcotic like effects as it distorts the mind and leaves one dazed and confused as they experience visions.

Elderberrys
have poison running all the way through them, especially their roots. When consumed these cause nausea and digestive upset. These are found in hot areas such as jungles or grasslands.

Fire flower
The flower, upon death combusts it’s entire organic mesh, engulfing the entire flower in a prancing death dance of flames. The flower’s ashes usually are taken by the wind, and these are actually seen to form new fire-flowers sprouts upon days of falling onto the ground. This flower only lasts a few hours burning, however, it, on it’s normal state, can live for about three years.The flower itself shares little to no particularities, except it’s flame-shaped small leaves, other than that, it seems like an oddly-shaped thorn-less rose. The flower can grow in warm or damp environments, however, cooler valleys with Fire Flowers are not unheard of. Desert, Taiga and other forms of frozen or extremely hot landscape seems to lack, or over-exceed, the requirements for Fire Flowers to groom on them. If an ash-seed of the flower was to fall on one of these biomes, the seed would not sprout.If the flower was picked up when in common state, it would begin to combust in later days after it’s retrieval.

Golden Chain seed capsules
can cause excitement, staggering, convulsions, coma, or death. These are found in regular land, but usually hidden in with other trees.

Hyacinths bulb
consuming this can cause nausea, vomiting, or even death. These can only be found on islands or in warm areas

Kings Ivy
Kings ivy has golden flowers, perched much like a crown atop an elegant figure. King's Ivy is a plant found growing on rocks, tree trunks, and sometimes the fallen walls of Ruins. It is a plant whose flowers hold much vigor in their folds, and because of that, the golden flowers of the plants are often chewed to keep the consumer from becoming tired. It clears the mind of weariness, and allows for long journeys to be made easier. Eating several flowers at one time will make the consumer feel very agitated, as the nutrients from the plant runs through their veins.

Larkspur seed
are poisonous, as well as the young plants. This when eaten causes an upset stomach, nervous excite, or depression. This can also be fatal. These can be found on mountains.

Lily-of-the-Valley’s leaves and flowers
are poisonous. These cause irregular heart beats, along with mental confusing and possible vomiting. These can be found in the mountains.

Moonseed’s berries
can kill someone after consuming a few. These can be found on steep cliffs.

Monkshood’s fleshy roots
can cause an upset stomach, or nervous excitation. These can be found in mountain meadows

Miners Helmet: Weak earth symbol
A large mushroom that covers about one metre by one metre (1x1 block) when it is at full bloom. Giving off a rich earthy smell this particular regent enjoys damp and dark corners of mines, and if it is not controlled can become quite troublesome to a mines productivity. On the helmet of this large mushroom is a slimy powder.  Like most mushrooms it is inedible and it is highly cautioned that one should not eat the mushroom under any circumstances. Known to stop one's nervous system in a matter of hours it goes almost completely undetected and can only be identified in the early stages of its process. 

Oak’s acorns
Are dangerous in large amounts, smaller amounts take a while to show effects but their toxins affect the kidneys. Can be found almost anywhere.

Orcs Braid: Weak fire symbol
Grows in the mouth of sewer entrances it takes a determined Alchemist to reach this regent. A deep black in colour it is a weed that grows in the silt and sediment that piles up against sewerage grates and drains. Easily harvested and an extremely hardy regent, though one must brave the disgusting slime and waste that gradually piles up. A tasteless regent with an extremely tough texture Orcs Braid is like a coil of shipping rope. Despite its usefulness as a whip or binds the Orcs Braid is mainly sort after for its use in potions, it can be placed into potions by slicing it down the center to try and take some of the softer tissue from the inside of the regent.

Opal Scarab: Strong earth symbol
A large beetle about the size of a grown halflings hand, with a hard outer shell the colour of rich farm soil the beetle is quite rare but is generally found in farmlands gorging themselves on the rich melon and pumpkin flesh that is common in most farms of Anthos. They are named Opal Scarab for their flamboyant underside which has a multitude of different colours. The legs of the beetle are thick and their two front legs have claw like pincers which enable them to burrow into the side of a pumpkin or melon.  The beetle on the whole is rare but if one wishes to find it a large farm is one of the best places to look. The flesh of the beetle is the most useful part of it, if the beetle is crushed and some of its bodily fluids are lost then the beetle is essentially useless, so one must be careful when touching it. Once its under-side shell is removed and the legs set aside the soft flesh located on its flanks is useful for poisons raw and it doesn’t need any preparation. The inner organs are the regents that can be used in potions particularly the heart, lungs and liver which all seem to contain blood that is rich with the symbol of the Earth.

Poison Hemlock
is completely poisonous in all parts, eating these large carrot looking plants can cause death. Can be found in meadows

PipeWeed
A common smoking herb Growing all over the land in many different types. Smoked in a pipe and is a tobacco 

Rhubarb leaves
are extremely dangerous, large amounts of leaves can cause convulsions, followed by coma, after that comes death. These grow great in flatlands.

Rhododendrons
poisonous with all parts, causing nausea, vomiting, coma, hard of breath, and death. These are found on stony alpine slopes.

Shadeleaf
Shadeleaf is a small, short plant. The plant is very similar to a common weed which has quite plain leaves, yellow flowers when reproducing, and which is rather short and small as well. In addition, this weed grows in a large abundance, normally hiding Shadeleaf. In addition, the two greens of the plants are quite similar, Shadeleaf leaves being a tad darker. The only difference is that the veins on the bottom of the leaves of Shadeleaf plants are silver-colored.  However, when looking at the plants from above both are practically identical. Because of this, searching for Shadeleaf plants is quite difficult since large amount of time is wasted lifting up leaves and looking at the veins underneath to see if they are silver. And to make it even worse, Shadeleaf plants are quite sparse.  However, there is a very easy way to find them. Shadeleaf plants do not do well under large amounts of moisture or water due to weak veins that easily collapse or burst when having too many fluids running through them. Because of this, properly trained searchers will go in search of Shadeleaf after large rainfalls or during storms. As the veins burst, popping noises can be heard, and sometimes the leaves can be teared, clearly indicating a Shadeleaf plant. Yet there is only one part of this plant that has been proven to be useful, the leaves. Shadeleaf leaves have a drug-like effect, hallucinogenic with large enough doses. The leaves can be breathed in, eaten, or directly applied to the bloodstream, yet the effect is the same due to the plant’s sustaining effects. In order to use the drug, most people grind the leaves up or extract the juices from the leaves by boiling the leaves in water. Then the drug can be burned in incense trays or using pipes in order to inhale the substance. Also, the herb can be added to beverages, meals, or injecting with a needle into a person’s skin.
  The eyes of a person who has been drugged with Shadeleaf will slowly go bloodshot, following up with the “victim” beginning to become much calmer and moodier. The drug is normally prescribed by doctors and healers for the use as a stress reliever. Yet overdoses are possible if too much Shadeleaf is used. Overdoses normally happen with the stopping of the user’s heart and then all other bodily functions coming to a halt due to loss of blood.

Foxglove’s leaves
if consumed cause large amounts cause dangerously irregular heartbeat, usually upset stomach, mental confusion, and also can be accompanied by death. These tend to grow on areas where fires happened, as well as places with ruins.

Wisteria
has poisonous seeds and pods, these have the effect of causing an upset stomach and possible vomiting. Children tend to be poisoned by this plant. These grow in regions that the dirt is bad for growing.

Wisp Breath: Strong air Symbol
Almost transparent this regent is one of the rarest in Anthos. Very few reliable sightings have been reported and each account has placed them in almost totally different locations. Four conclusive reported sightings though was that it was found deep underground in a natural air vent where it had access to a dim torchlight and a constant flow of air. Having a supposedly texture like the finest silk but is as sturdy as a Dwarven ale this regent is easy to harvest. Cannot be dried though as it needs to be kept in open air and dim light for the regent to be used to its full potential. Said to have a narcotic type effect on one’s brain functions and thinking process it is a highly addictive drug similar to Cactus Green, it too can be smoked to achieve a buzz or a “high”. But in its rarity it is extremely unwise to even think of trying this and it has been known to drive those that do go insane from their cravings.

Jimson Weed
carries its poison in all parts, it cause thirst, delirium, slurred speech, and coma. Death may also follow. Tends to grow along roads.

Jokers Scum:Moderate water symbol
This regent is one of the rarest water growing plants in Anthos and is only obtainable at deep sea. It cannot tolerate icy water and can only be found in deep water off desert coasts. It grows in thick ball like clumps and is secured to the ocean floor by multiple flowing roots. A carnivorous plant it entices fish and seabirds into its seemingly docile tangle of plants. Skeletons of small sharks have been seen floating around or in the large plants tentacle mass. It is thought that the plant secretes large amounts of acid from bulbs that grow on the end of its kelp like tentacles.The tentacles itself are almost useless except for ensnaring hapless victims that struggle, but if one is calm enough and slow enough to harvest the acid filled bulb itself then the lucky individual has natures answer to alchemist fire. The stems that flow from the plant is also useful for such endeavours as rope and string.

Animal’s Of the land

A collect of all recorded animals in anthos From the common farm animals to the strongest beats found in the land 

Common Animals

Common chicken
Chicken feather a basic symbol of air

Common Cow

Common Pig
Lard is pig fat used as a base in alchemy

Common Sheep

Common Rabbit
Rabbit feet a basic symbol of air

Athri Barbu'chirr

black serpent wolf. They are large black wolfs there body is covered in scales instead of fur. They have a large neck of around three feet and a tail that is the length of there body to keep them stable when they run. It stands about the average humans waist. They are faster than your average wolf and that is their main purpose to be able to hunt other wolfs but because of this they do not always survive to well in the wilds, This also makes them very fast and agile creatures.

Athron Wolf

They are a normal size wolf but unlike other wolfs they do not have eyes to make up for this there other senors are much stronger than that of a normal wolfs. They are found in dark caves where it is rather quiet so not to over load there senors. they will only 'bond' to dwarfs not to any other races.

Solutions and liquids

And now the Strange and maigcal solutions of alchemics and the liquids found all over our land

Alchemy/Potion/solutions

Atheros Rubing Solutions
Base: Lard
Two cups of Squeezed apple juice mixed with a bit of oil.
One juiced fruit smelling hop
A pinch of squeezed salvus sweet roll, that has crumbled
Two Atheros roots

Age for one elven hour. After that, it should be good!

This Rubbing solution is used to relive pain.

Atheros Drinking Solutions
Base: Aqua Vitae
Three fruit smelling hops
Four Atheros roots
a few pinches of  a squeezed salvus sweet roll, that has crumbled

Age for two elven hours. After that drink. It should help to relive pain.
This is a drinking solution to relive pain

Biteit Drinking Solution
Base: Distilled Water
Three peices of Biteit
one flat looking hop
Four feathers
one flask of water
Put over fire, and wait until it boils
Age for five elven miniuts

This is a solution to fight off infection and help protect wounds 

Javens Rubbing Solution
Three pieces of Javens
One cup of squeezed apple juice, mixed with oil
One quarter of a piece of Biteit

Age for five elven miniuts
Javens rubbing solution is a sleeping solution

Sunshire
A mixture that puts a person to sleep And gives them night terrors .
How to make it is unknown

Potion of regeneration
The potion is prepared using the meat of the mandragora, along with a mother's liver of the same race and blood of the user. Using the liver and of an orc, when the user is a dwarf, would result in a horrible regeneration of a strange half orc/dwarf hybrid limb, which is horribly unstable. This potion is put together like any other, accept the blood is the base, and the liver and mandragora being reagents. These reagents are all traced back to the symbol of Water, Water representing life, birth, and in this case regeneration and re-creation, so it alchemically makes sense as well. The potion itself requires fresh ingredients and takes a whole load of time to make, usually a matter of 2 days, its nature being extremely reactant, so the creation can fail very easily. The potion has a certain heat it must be heated to, and this heat must remain constant throughout the whole process. It also must be mixed until it turns into a rich, dark color. Only after this, is the potion valid to use.

Potion of Mending:
These concoctions are often the most sought after when those outside of our field are concerned for they are used to knit together the flesh and repair the bone. Potions of Mending are quite the versatile and useful mixture indeed, for they are capable of being used externally as well as internally. Their use stretches from the simplest of cuts to the largest of wounds, but their power is dictated by the ingredients that you use. If one uses poor ingredients, then the potion will be greatly ineffective against large gashes and far more effective for small bruises or scrapes. And of course, the converse is true in the fact that if you use better ingredients, larger wounds will be able to be stitched together by this potion’s amazing properties. For best results, on a few number of deep wounds, have the victim drink one vial of this potion and then apply other doses of it to bandages before wrapping them around their wounds. This will ensure that the victim’s bleeding stops, and their recovery is ever the faster. For numerous, smaller wounds, the best course of action is to simply take one dose of the potion, bandage what you can, and make sure the victim remains still and rests. 

• Recipe:

Minor:
Base: Water
one Symbol of Water (Life)
one Symbol of Earth (Life)
Lesser
two Symbols of Water (Life)
one Symbol of Earth (Life) 
one Symbol of Air to quicken the rate of healing (Quickness)
Ingredients would be of a higher quality than the ones for a Minor potion, but do not need to be as refined as the ones for a Greater
Greater
Two Symbols of Water (Life)
two Symbols of Earth (Life)
one Symbol of Air (Speed)
Ingredients must be pure and strong

Potion of Strength
A potion of strength is another common brew that Alchemy is often best known for, as these potions can turn a weak man, such as a farming peasant, into a strong one, such as a plate-wearing and sword-wielding knight. Although increasing the intensity of one’s muscles through this draught can often be a painful and bitter process, as well as a temporary one, I have seen that it can often turn the tide in a battle when one decided to imbibe this power in a bottle. Unlike the Potion of Mending, this potion is not recommended for external use and I have had cases in which one thought it was an interesting idea to attempt this. The fool who performed this broke out in hives for a week, a fitting punishment for someone who fails to follow an Alchemist’s orders concerning his potions. These potions generally last between one and two hours.

• Recipe:
Minor
one Symbol of Earth (Fortitude, Power, Resilience)[
This will only provide one with a small jolt of strength, and is not suitable if you wish to turn any tables, but is if you need to do a particularly large amount of heavy lifting
Lesser
Two Symbols of Earth (Fortitude, Power, Resilience)
One Symbol of Fire (Power)
Caution: Sore throat is a possible side-effect
Greater
Three Symbols of Earth (Fortitude, Power, Resilience)
Quite suitable for turning tables, also quite bitter and will cause mild soreness in the muscles after wearing off

Potion of Stone-Skin:
A wholly bitter concoction that tends to swell the tongue and burn the throat due to its awful taste, it is in fact one of the most useful potions that an alchemy has at their disposal. These potions, as the name suggest, causes one skin to become has hard as the stone itself as one takes on the aspect of the element of Earth. It allows one’s entire body to become a stalwart shield, and can be quite the effect tool if one has a resistance to the pain it brings. It is a sad truth that even though this potion can makes one’s very flesh fend off blades, it is a wholly strange and painful experience to drink one of these earthy cocktails. Do be warned, that once it wears off nausea and vomiting may occur and this is especially important, for it will only last up to ten minutes to avoid any permanent damage to the body from the hardening of the skin. This potion comes in only one flavor, and cannot be made in a minor, lesser or greater fashion for the quality of its ingredients must be the finest or else the skin will not harden, and the imbiber’s stomach will feel as though it was just filled with the foulest of dwarven ale. 

• Recipe
Four Symbols of Earth (Fortitude)
Two Symbols of Water (Life)
Three Symbols of Fire (Power)
One Symbol of Air (Speed)
All of these ingredients must be of high quality

Potion of Celerity:
Although this potion goes by numerous names, such as the potion of agility or the potion of speed, it is all, in fact, the same concept of boosting ones natural speed and reflexes. Although only last a maximum of one hour, I have seen that these are commonly used by hunters to follow their prey for easier and soldiers to fight better. Although there are, of course, uses for these potions beyond bloodshed, they usually involve either thievery of simple parlor trickery. The Potion of Celerity is certainly one to keep handy if you need to make a hasty retreat, or perhaps for courier jobs as well. With that said, I’d implore most to think beyond the confines of “if I drink this, I’ll swing my sword faster”, and perhaps realize there is a use for alchemy beyond improving your ability to decapitate someone.

• Recipe
Minor
Lesser
Two Symbols of Air (Speed)
Greater
Three Symbols of Air (Speed)

Potion of Acuity:
On the subject of air-centric potions, such as the potion of celerity, I bring you the Potion of Acuity, an astounding boost to every single one of your senses crammed into a tiny bottle. Although, at times, I have seen this used in recreational purposes, for the pure amusement of having every single one of your senses doubled in effectiveness, it is best used when hunting, from my observations. Because this not only increases one sense, hearing or sight, but instead all of one’s five senses, it is immensely useful for tracking. With that said, it could also be used to aid in scouting, or just generally sensing when danger is near. I cannot count the amount of times I that simply drinking one of these potions has saved my life, for with the increased senses I was capable of spotting danger and death, before I was already enveloped in their ebon shroud. Although with its usefulness also comes detriments, for afterwards it cripples one sense for a short period of time, often blurring vision, causing a ringing in the ears, and the numbness of the fingers. This is merely temporary and wears off within a few minutes, but it still worth mentioning as it can be a nasty surprise for some. These potions last from 1 to 3 hours, depending on the quality of the potion. Also, no matter the quality, the Potion of Acuity will double one’s senses, the quality only dictates how long it will last.

Recipe
Minor
Two Symbol of Air (Perception)
Lasts one hour
Lesser
Three Symbols of Air (Perception)
Lasts two hours
Greater
Four Symbols of Air (Perception)
Lasts three hours

Oil of Frost, Frost Oil, Frostbite Oil:
The oils of alchemy, as stated before, are the external portion of an alchemist’s arsenal and are often used to increase the effectiveness of weaponry and armor. The first oil I will teach you about is the Oil of Frost, or as some call it “Frostbite Oil”, which is an oil that, if not handled properly, can give a severe case of frostbite if left on the open skin for an extended period of time. Although you would need pretty large quantity of that oil, I am not going to speak of how you should not spill boiling water on your arm but instead of how you should use this boiling water to better your life. Oil of Frost, like most oils, is a decently viscous concoction that must be mixed with a lard of some sort so that it may be spread upon a surface, such as armor or a weapon. Upon a weapon, such as a blade, one’s attacks would be greatly aided in the fact that if you are to cut a man with a blade covered in Frost Oil, the wounded area would become greatly chilled to the point where it may change in color, towards a more blue-ish black hue. Similar to a poison, this can be of the utmost usefulness in combat due to the fact it will slow and demoralize your opponent, and as many a warrior knows, if their opponent is both slow and loses his will to fight, then this becomes nothing more than mere slaughter. Oil of Frost placed on armor will, contrary to what the luddites of society may assume, does not make it cold. In fact, it will provide an interesting resistance to the cold, and perhaps even some magics that revolve around it. Of course, before any alchemist sells or uses an oil he must test it, for this particular type of oil tends to make metal brittle if it mixed incorrectly and imperfections are present. Therefore, the perfect text is finding an iron breastplate, spreading the oil upon it, taking a blacksmiths hammer, and then slamming said hammer into the breastplate. If it shatters, then you have mixed incorrectly but if it withstands the blow, then your mixture is more or less, pure. As a final note, oils tend to not have specific categories as whatever you use will be diluted as it is spread. Simply put, use more powerful ingredients if you desire the general effect of the oil to work amongst a larger surface.

Recipe: Symbols must be of moderate quality or above, minor ingredients will be too deeply diluted by spreading them and will lose their power.

Three Symbols of Water(Cold, Ice, etc.)
Two Symbols of Air (Speed)
One Symbol of Earth (Fortitude, a symbol of enduring)

Oil of Flame, Flame Oil:

My personal favorite oil, as it sells disgustingly well, is the Oil of Flame. This bottle of lard, infused with a swirling inferno, is often the oil that most Alchemists start out with, as it tends to be the easiest since balancing the oil is often not a problem. Balancing Flame Oil, and ensuring what you spread it upon does not explode, isn’t necessarily a delicate process as you want volatile ingredients to enhance its power. Of course some caution is advised, as always, I will provide you the secret in which Flame Oil is tamed, and that secret is merely a symbol of Water. Now a budding alchemist may find this insane, as mixing Water into an oil centered around flame seems to be a recipe for disaster, but in fact adding the symbol of Water tames the volatile ingredients of the flame oil and ensures that it keeps its potency, while not destroying the object it is placed upon in the process. Flame Oil’s affect, when placed on a weapon, is that it scorches the body, burns rather flammable objects, and allows the weapon to pierce armor just a tad easier. Now the side-effects of using the oil on a weapon are merely that the weapon may degrade faster, and of course while applying the oil make sure not to get any on the skin for it will cause severe burns if left there. On armor, Flame Oil as a similar effect as Frost Oil, boosting the armors ability to resist the heat, and magics centered around it. To test if your flame oil is of the perfect balance is a simple task, for if you did not mix your ingredients correctly then your concoction would’ve exploded long before you bottled it, or in rare cases, melted through your laboratory’s table.

Recipe: Again, Symbols of moderate power must be used in oils.
Three Symbols of Fire (Power, Destruction, etc.)
Two Symbols of Earth (Endurance)
One Symbol of Water (Calmness, Balance)

Oil of Fortitude, Armor for your Armor:

The last oil I will speak of, for as always I do like giving my students something to ponder instead of feeding them all the information they will ever need, is the Oil of Fortitude, or as the common fellows like to say “Armor for Your Armor.” This wondrous oil, that is quite easy to mix, is sought after by blacksmiths and soldiers alike for its ability to increase the resilience of armor and weaponry, helping to ensure that the stray blade or pike does not pierce through a man’s second, iron skin and reach his softer, less resilient one. This oil also aids one’s weapons, making sure that they do not break mid-combat, an embarrassing possibility in any fight. Although I will not go into extreme depth with this oil, as its uses are more than obvious, I will bring up one more point on oils in general. One’s armor or weapon may only have one oil on it at any given time, for these oils are not mixed to give the desired outcome that one is trying to get by putting more than one at a time. For example, frost oil is meant to induce cold while flame oil induces heat, one is not mixed to also do the job of the other and therefore putting both of them together will cause severe imbalance. This “severe imbalance” is often seen in the form of crippling rust upon metal, fraying on leather, and in far more rarer cases, actual melting of the object in question. Therefore, remember to only apply one oil at a time and if you want to apply another you will need to clean the old oil off the armor and allow it to sit for an entire day, as an oil’s effectiveness drains over time after the first two hours of application.

Recipe:
Three Symbols of Earth (Endurance, Fortitude, etc.)
Two Symbols of Fire (Potency, Power)

Alchemist’s Fire:

Now we come to the potion that isn’t quite a potion and, if one wishes to be technical, is more of an oil than a potion, and that is Alchemist’s Fire. Alchemist’s Fire is, to summarize, a bottle of highly volatile flame that when cracked open, spreads a liquid-based fire in a small area. Now I realize that this may require some explanation, how exactly is it an oil? What is a liquid-based fire? and of course, the obvious question, what is the recipe? These questions are, surprisingly, simply to answer for they are quite obvious when one ponders them. This potion is technically an oil for it used externally, and not internally as potions generally are, but the problem with calling this is an oil is that it does not use a lard base, nor do you spread it on your weaponry or armor. Instead it uses, and only uses, Aqua Vitae as a base, which is used for a potion. This is why we call it a potion, and why I will stress this single though that should resonate throughout your mind whenever you are mixing this concoction, DO NOT drink it. Alchemist’s Fire is used as something of an explosive weapon, and therefore you should not imbibe the highly volatile potion, as it will literally melt your insides. The next point, what is a liquid-based fire, is also an equally simple question. Liquid-based fire is a fire that cannot be put out by water, and although it is fire it behaves like a liquid. Adding water can simply make it worse. With that said, do handle any flasks of this destructive blend with extreme care, as dropping the flask will unleash the chaos held within. To address the final question, the recipe is quite simple in the fact that it only has one tier. This tier can only be crafted with moderate and above ingredients, the stronger the ingredients the brighter the fire will roar. But as the saying goes, the flame that burns twice as bright lasts twice as long so this should be taken into account when one is adding ingredients.

Recipe:
 Four Symbols of Fire (Destruction, Power, Consumption)
Two Symbols of Water (Fluidity)
This will create enough for three flasks, flasks must be glass so they break easily on hard surfaces. (DO NOT DRINK)

Wizard’s Wisdom:

It has been a long journey, from the humble Potion of Mending to the ferocious Alchemist’s Fire, but we have finally come to the final potion of my list, the peculiarly purple Wizard’s Wisdom. This potion, of a magnificently royal purple hue, is one of my favorite potions for its ability to increase one’s problem solving, reasoning, and general thinking ability for a period of time. This mental boost, although it requires the hefty sum of a symbol from all the elements, can be of the utmost practicality when one is experimenting. Perhaps, my student, you are stuck attempting to balance the recipe for a potion and you simply can’t figure out what ingredient will help you achieve that goal, fear not for this brain power in a bottle can aid you. Although it will not spontaneously give you ideas, it will help in your ability to see things far more clearly than before, giving you a perspective you may not have had before. Of course this isn’t for everyone, as afterwards it gives you a worse hangover than a night in a Dwarven town, it is for those whose minds require some moments of clarity, so that they may see all the pieces of puzzle clearly and work through their logical processes accordingly. With that said, this potion merely gives one clarity of the mind and this cannot be augmented or diminished with the purity of ingredients, but the length in which the clarity is given can be. With normal ingredients, Wizard’s Wisdom will only last one hour with splitting migraines for four hours afterwards, but as you progress through the potion tiers, the potion lasts longer and the migraines, less as long. With that said, this could also be used to help cope with mental sickness, as it can provide the imbiber with a break from their fractured mind.

Recipe

Minor: 1 hour of clarity, 4 hours of migraines

Two Symbols of Water (Balance, Clarity)
Two Symbols of Earth (Endurance)
One Symbol of Air (Perception)

Lesser: 2 Hours of Clarity, 3 Hours of Migraines

Three Symbols of Water (Balance, Clarity)
Two Symbols of Fire (Power)
Three Symbols of Earth (Endurance)
Two Symbols of Air (Perception)

Greater: 3 Hours of Clarity, 1-2 Hours of Migraines

Five Symbols of Water (Balance, Clarity)
Three Symbols of Fire (Power)
Three Symbols of Earth (Endurance)
Three Symbols of Air (Perception)

Smoke Whispers
A bottle or small jar of Smoke Whispers is a potion that takes extreme precision and a natural talent for alchemy to make A word of caution is advised to those that are brewing it, this potion takes an excess of four weeks to brew as it takes time for the three main ingredients to transfuse with each other and to give off the smoky smell and consistency. The effects of the smoke will make one that is not wearing protective equipment to close their eyes and if inhaled will cause minor discomfort as ones airway will swell slightly

Base:Aqua Vitae
Four strong Air symbols, for the gaseous consistency that comprises it
One medium or strong fire symbol, to make it burn the attacker/foes eyes

Sailors Mate
Named Sailors Friend this concoction is useful for the usually difficult task of breathing under-water, only lasting a mere two to three minutes. But needless to say this potion is extremely valuable and useful in its own right. To create such a marvelous potion the person in question must use. This potion must be made perfectly otherwise the drinker may find themselves in trouble when they believe that the potion is working but it is in fact encouraging themselves to drown themselves.

Base:Aqua Vitae or Distilled Water
Two Air symbols, to assist in breathing
One water symbol, to give the potion a resistance to water

Torch Light
This very handy potion is something that should be prized by mining Dwarves and Humans alike. It seems to give one the ability to see at night and in the deepest depths of a mine with almost perfect vision. This potion does not have to be exact and it depends on the Alchemists skills to try and perfect the balance of the potion, if one gets it wrong it can either make things too bright or too dark. This potion is extremely versatile and can be stored in a variety of things like leather sacks, gourds and glass bottles. Useful for those that are visiting very dark and depressing places and they need to find a light, has also proved useful for hunting or travelling by night.

Three Earth symbols, to help form a base
Distilled water or Aqua Vitae

Liquids of the land
Still trying to find all thesis and put them in 

Aqua Vitae
A very pure water symbol best made from distilling wine or other liquors. It can also be used as a rubbing alcohol but is to strong to drink and will lead to poisoning

Common waters
This can be seawater to river water or even pounds all around anthos

Distilled water
A fairly pure water symbol made from distilling any type of water

Night sap: Moderate earth symbol
to be found in deformed growths (probably caused by some type of insect) on the trunks of sturdy oak trees. A thick, honey like substance, it is as golden as an afternoon sunrise and as mouth-watering to behold as any substance one can readily find. The taste and smell brings back memories of blue skied, worriless evenings on grassy plains, eating fine meals with finer company; unrivalled in texture and taste by any morsel I have yet to devour.The instant the soothing liquid drizzles down a dry throat, eyelids flutter, muscles relax, and yawns arise from sleepy chests. A great sense of calm, safety, happiness, and overall, tiredness fills the mind, and soon you will find yourself fast asleep on whatever surface you were standing on.he pleasant, sap-induced sleep lasts from about three to five hours, and good dreams prevail throughout it. The awakening, however, is by far, the worst thing you will ever experience in your entire life. The splitting headaches that arrive upon your awakening and the inability to move more than a finger leaves you sprawled on the ground in the foetal position for almost as long as you were in a peaceful sleep. Not only are the after effects of this deceptive sap crippling to even the
strongest of men, but the substance is also highly addictive, especially for people who are unhappy with some element in their life. Night Sap provides a false sense of security and happiness to even the most troubled of souls.

Lard
Pig Fat used to make paste or when a thicker than water base is needed.

Links to lore posts

Sha’s Poison Plants Link
Bardel Thorak Water breathing potion Link
Lago’s Alchemits fireLink
Kardel Irongut Poition of regeneration Link
Cmack Smoking herbs Link

Jistums Desert Bush Berries Link
Inquisitor Ithric, Geo(The Perfectionist), and Alikdoril Alchemy Lore Link
Balluffip shadeleaf lore Link
Darkjames Fire flower lore Link
joJoma11 Blazing fern lore Link
Ilikefooddude Night sap Lore Link
SupaSodaPops Kings ivy lore Link
Volutional Blissfoil loreLink
Redbenchs Alchemy lore Link

Athri barbu'chirr Link

Athron wolf link

Some plants from Redbench's alchemy plants lore. Should be good to include, a few nice additions.

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/81776-lore-alchemy-regents-and-new-potions-for-30anthos/
You're also missing quite a few liquids
NRP is made by...

Ah, what the heck, i'll leave it as a surprise. Good luck :D

Some plants from Redbench's alchemy plants lore. Should be good to include, a few nice additions.

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/81776-lore-alchemy-regents-and-new-potions-for-30anthos/

You're also missing quite a few liquids

NRP is made by...

Ah, what the heck, i'll leave it as a surprise. Good luck :D

Thanks i did miss a few posts one of them was his im adding it now :D and with the liquids im working on them now just having a look around for more info :P

Nice! This is a pretty incredible list :)

Thanks lost many hours making it :)

What's the Anthosian etymology of this one?

Sorry for double post

It is one of sha poison plants i believe

What's the Anthosian etymology of this one?

LotC's Jesus is clearly Native......Native was born in Laurelin

So Star of Laurelin would seem correct.

Could use a bit more formatting... And a warning that you are supposed to learn of each plant in Rp... But other than that, great work! ^-^

EDIT: Aqua Vitae is basically rubbing alcohol as well. Well, I'm pretty sure at least.

Could use a bit more formatting... And a warning that you are supposed to learn of each plant in Rp... But other than that, great work! ^-^

EDIT: Aqua Vitae is basically rubbing alcohol as well. Well, I'm pretty sure at least.

Thanks i added that and more about Aqua Vitae :) ill try format it better tomorrow

A very well done reference point for all the lore that is sometimes hard to find, thank you.

((Would any of these plants grow in Athera, or would they all be native strictly to Anthos?))

((The grow everywhere, lest alchemy would not exist))

((The grow everywhere, lest alchemy would not exist))

((Thanks. Sorry it took me so long to reply to your help. I forgot that I'd even commented on here to begin with xD))

Nice job. Though, I feel like we have a very small animal base. You should do some research around the lore section and add some other creatures that can be found, i'm sure that section will fill up nicely.

Nice job. Though, I feel like we have a very small animal base. You should do some research around the lore section and add some other creatures that can be found, i'm sure that section will fill up nicely.

Yup will be done soon, Probably will be rewritten when the guide section of the forms is reworked.