[Academic] The Ministry Of Contemplation

Lee Scorsby

FPXVyMB.png

jrVBwQo.png

The Ministry of Contemplation seeks to do what no other group has successfully done before: create a lasting group of scholars, academics and researchers who shall collect, create and discover knowledge for the furthering of intellectual progression of the peoples of Anthos. Due to the diversity of the numerous Departments, there are many possible paths for a member of the Ministry:

Staff

Savants: The leaders of each department and chief organizers of the guild.

-{PS}- Lee Scorsby ((Lee_Scorsby)): Preeminent Savant

-{LS}- Tenshar Karkun ((kanrath)): Leading Savant; Savant of NaturalismProfessor

-{S}- [X]: Savant of Thaumaturgy

-{S}- [X]:Savant of Ingenuity

-{S}- [X]: Savant of Narratives

-{S}- [X]: Savant of Erudition

Deans: Affairs-managers of each department, serving under their respective Savant.

-{D}- Charles Napier ((Radahan)): Dean Clinician; Analyst

-{D}- [X]: Dean Augurer

-{D}- [X]: Dean Contriver

-{D}- [X]: Dean Bibliosoph

-{D}- [X]: Dean Logician

General Staff: Other titled staff of the Ministry.

-Zane ((The_Blind_Seer)): TheurgistLibrarian

Edgar Adam Tarus ((IlumTarus)): Maven

-Floop Lightforge ((Floopster)): Artisan

Percival Centrella ((Re_addled)): Inventor

Jak ((BubblesandEpic)): Inventor

Pernux ((Treshure)): Professor

Alastair Ravenwood ((SebastianA500)): Analyst

Mason Owynson ((ACanadianCraft)):  Analyst

Elandorr Staghorn ((lukejes)): Rhetor

Alitaus Lunas ((valor777)): Phrenal

Amras Yavelti ((Katalion)): Phrenal

Tahjeet Mubdee ((Acornlad)) Phrenal

Pupils:

Salazar ((Origin_Lark))

Departments

BxlD6JM.png

The Department of Narratives represents what is most familiar to the common people when they think of scholars. Narrativists are responsible for caretaking the library of the Ministry, as well as collecting not only literary but also artistic works from the peoples of Anthos to include in the library and the Ministry museum.

Cataloger: Upper-tier title

Librarian: Lower-tier title

4S6VYs8.png

The Department of Thaumaturgey focuses on the study and development of arcane magic, as the vast array of magical disciplines makes the arcane an obvious thing worthy of study for the Ministry of Contemplation.  This includes documenting the other areas of magic and the study of magical entities and occurances. Thaumaturges push their study of magic to the cutting edge: to meta-magics, the study of magic itself.

Theurgist: Upper-tier title

Maven: Lower-tier title

yipTXc5.png

The Department of Ingenuity encompasses the members of the Ministry who have devoted themselves to the study of constructable things. Knowledge of technical works is also greatly of value to the Ministry: engineering, blacksmithing, redstone circuitry, architecture and so forth. Ingenuists spend their time drawing blueprints for ever more grand designs than the last.

Artisan: Upper-tier title

Inventor: Lower-tier title

1h4Q1Z3.png

The Department of Naturalism studies not the magical world, nor the creations of mortals, but the physical world itself. The relevant areas of interest include the study of plants and animals, medicine, geology and geography. Naturalists often explore the world to collect specimens, organizing expeditions to do so in the more exotic places of Anthos.

Professor: Upper-tier title

Analyst: Lower-tier title

OBlghmO.png

The Department of Erudition claims domain over a crucial part of academia: the study of knowledge itself, and the transference of it to the next generation. The realm of the Erudists is that of logic, mathematics, philosophy and teaching. Often those who teach in other Departments began training as a Rhetor within the Department of Erudition.

Rhetor: Upper-tier title

Phrenal: Lower-tier title

The Common Clauses

The Ministry of Contemplation has an intense need for self preservation, and so all members must abide by a strict set of rules, the Common Clauses:

• The Ministry of Contemplation and its members shall not engage in entangling alliances with extramural forces, people and nations.
  • The Ministry of Contemplation and its members shall not engage in activities that would provoke a violent response from extramural forces, people and nations, and shall not direct acts of aggression against the aforementioned
  • Members of the Ministry must maintain a collaborative work ethic with other members: expressed hatred and vendettas shall not be tolerated.
  • Failure to abide to the Common Clauses shall lead the member in question to be Thrown Back and removed of their status.

With the recent founding of the Ministry of Contemplation, Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal is seeking those qualified to be Librarians, Mavens, Inventors, Analysts and Phrenals (the standard scholarly positions of each department). Noteworthy individuals will be selected to be the leadership of their Departments, the Savants and the general affairs manager below each, the Deans, as well as the 'second tier' scholarly positions right above each standard one. Once the aforementioned has been accomplished, and a site for the construction of the academy itself is completed, Pupils may apply to each Department. Pupils who have been given sufficient instruction and approved by the relevant scholarly members may graduate to the standard scholarly position of their department. 

With the tragic accident that occurred while conducting experiments with the mind. Lee Scorsby have taken over the role as Preeminent Savant whilst Ptah Remneal remains in a coma.

A Great Mind Lost To The Funk

The application is as follows ((all must be in-character except the MCname)):

Minecraft Name:

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes):

Applicant Name:

Race and Age:

What title are you applying for? (A lower-tiered one: Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department:

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences):

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?:

((As far as I see, you only have one student. Is there any way my character could apply to be a student? Also, after learning from that department he will apply for a position on the ministry of contemplation and will stay in that position (if he is accepted) until he suffers from an event I plan for him (#topsecretmuahahahaha). Anyway, sorry for raving on, I just wanna know if I can join as a student :3))

In some place under a large, shade providing tree, Lorien wakes up from a dream and mutters to himself.

"Now where could I learn magic from...?"

Getting up, his answer still unanswered, Lorien goes searching for an artifact to study...

(( I am not really sure what you are asking. We don't really have "students". We do have pupils and from what I can make out from your text is that you are intressted in.. Magic? At this moment the Department of Department of Thaumaturgey is not taking any pupils. And I am not sure we want people just that wants to learn something and then already plans from the begining to leave for a reason they don't even care to explain. You don't seem to be intressted in working for the betterments of others. More about learning magic. And if thats the case the Ministry is no place for you.))

Minecraft Name:

Acornlad

Narlybrah

Applicant Name:

Tahjeet Mubdee

Race and Age:

Southeron Human- 25

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):

Analyst of Erudition.

Former Lord Commander of the Legion of the Cardinal Cross.

I, Tahjeet Mubdee, am fascinated by the art of war- Its codes, its tactics, its history. I have undertaken the effort of collecting all military tactics currently known to Anthos and past civilizations. I have noticed that war operates on the scale of micro and macro, it is unique. Hundreds of factors go into a battle- terrain, morale, and training are a small few. I simply wish to become an analyst for the Ministry of Contemplation, sharing my knowledge with fellow scholars.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?:

I understand.

Minecraft Name:

Acornlad

Narlybrah

Applicant Name:

Tahjeet Mubdee

Race and Age:

Southeron Human- 25

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):

Analyst of Erudition.

Former Lord Commander of the Legion of the Cardinal Cross.

I, Tahjeet Mubdee, am fascinated by the art of war- Its codes, its tactics, its history. I have undertaken the effort of collecting all military tactics currently known to Anthos and past civilizations. I have noticed that war operates on the scale of micro and macro, it is unique. Hundreds of factors go into a battle- terrain, morale, and training are a small few. I simply wish to become an analyst for the Ministry of Contemplation, sharing my knowledge with fellow scholars.

I understand.

To Tahjeet Mubdee.

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant
Lee Scorsby within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify
your admittance. There also seems to be some sort of mix up. There are no Analyst roles in the Department of Erudition. The Analysts reside within the Department of Naturalism. This can all be discussed during the last series of questions.

-Preeminent Savant Lee Scorsby

((Lol, Lee Scorsby is a VERY similar name to the character from The Golden Compass named Lee Scorseby. I am not criticising, just noting a very interesting fact that you might not have picked up on xD))

((Lol, Lee Scorsby is a VERY similar name to the character from The Golden Compass named Lee Scorseby. I am not criticising, just noting a very interesting fact that you might not have picked up on xD))

(( This does not have anything with to do with this thread... And its Lee Scoresby that are in the books... And the movie is bad mmkay.))

Minecraft Name: Ziko99 

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes): Kardel.Irongut

Applicant Name: Kardel Irongut

Race and Age: Dwarf of 662 years

What title are you applying for? (A lower-tiered one: Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal): Maven and Analyst I suppose

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: I am an expert fire evocationist trained well in the laws of equivalent exchange, and can boast the title of one of Anthos's greatest alchemists in the field of destruction and innovation, once being the leader and founder of the one and only Dwarven Alchemist's Guild which has helped Urguan in many endeavors with its potions and oils of all sorts. I am also a herbalist and naturalist, studying the natural world and trying to figure it out. 

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): After willingly resigning from all titles and rejecting all lands belonging to me in the kingdom of Urguan, I felt the need to expand on what I started before I created the title of Ogradhads Alchemist in the kindom of Urguan: alchemy, medicine, and the arcane arts. I feel no more need for these titles as I grow old, and would much rather have my son hold on to them rather than me dying with them in my hands, later to be passe don to some petty noble with no idea of how to take care of them. I have also noticed that your academic establishment lacks any proper departmens dedicated to alchemy excluding the department of naturalism which can relate to some herbalist principles in the complex art.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Yes, i do.

(( This does not have anything with to do with this thread... And its Lee Scoresby that are in the books... And the movie is bad mmkay.))

((Adding an E doesn't really make a difference, and I was just pointing that out to you incase you hadn't realised. Also I know the film is bad and I much prefer the book Northern Lights. Goodbye.))

(( I am not really sure what you are asking. We don't really have "students". We do have pupils and from what I can make out from your text is that you are intressted in.. Magic? At this moment the Department of Department of Thaumaturgey is not taking any pupils. And I am not sure we want people just that wants to learn something and then already plans from the begining to leave for a reason they don't even care to explain. You don't seem to be intressted in working for the betterments of others. More about learning magic. And if thats the case the Ministry is no place for you.))

I'm sorry if you misunderstood, but I was actually implying that I would post an application to join the Ministry and provide RP for a solid amount of time before my character succumbed to what I mentioned. Also, I didn't say what he was going to succumb to as that would kinda break the idea (e.g. Oh, yeah guys, my character is gonna join a group of murderers and one by one kill your members but you mustn't RP that you know of this and must act as if I never told you this when you think of adding me as a pupil because blah blah blah. I just wanted to add mystery). Also, I found a nice guild to be in anyway, but thanks for replying to my post!))

Minecraft Name: Ziko99 

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes): Kardel.Irongut

Applicant Name: Kardel Irongut

Race and Age: Dwarf of 662 years

What title are you applying for? (A lower-tiered one: Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal): Maven and Analyst I suppose

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: I am an expert fire evocationist trained well in the laws of equivalent exchange, and can boast the title of one of Anthos's greatest alchemists in the field of destruction and innovation, once being the leader and founder of the one and only Dwarven Alchemist's Guild which has helped Urguan in many endeavors with its potions and oils of all sorts. I am also a herbalist and naturalist, studying the natural world and trying to figure it out. 

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): After willingly resigning from all titles and rejecting all lands belonging to me in the kingdom of Urguan, I felt the need to expand on what I started before I created the title of Ogradhads Alchemist in the kindom of Urguan: alchemy, medicine, and the arcane arts. I feel no more need for these titles as I grow old, and would much rather have my son hold on to them rather than me dying with them in my hands, later to be passe don to some petty noble with no idea of how to take care of them. I have also noticed that your academic establishment lacks any proper departmens dedicated to alchemy excluding the department of naturalism which can relate to some herbalist principles in the complex art.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Yes, i do.

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant
Lee Scorsby within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify
your admittance.

*A note is seen outside the ministry on its noticeboard

Dear fellow members of the Ministry.

Due to recent inactivity within the Ministry these current Savants are now relived of duty:

Zane: Savant of Thaumaturgy

Floop Lightforge: Savant of Ingenuity

They will still be part of the Ministry until further notice.

Any questions regarding this decision may be sent to me.

-Preeminent Savant: Lee Scorsby

Minecraft Name: DinkSmallwood44

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes): PM'd please.

Applicant Name: [Farmer] Dink Smallwood

Race and Age: Human, 21

What title are you applying for? (A lower-tiered one: Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal): Analyst in the Department of Naturalism.

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: I am a skilled and experienced farmer, but also a capable builder and architect. I have begun to write a series of Farming Guide books, the first one is published in the library.  

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): I am interested in joining the Ministry as it will offer me a place and a community in which I can further my own knowledge, and spread the knowledge that I already have. I have lived near the head quarters for some time and have always been a friendly neighbour, willing to help a hand and to learn from members. I have of recently become associates with Savant Tenshar, and through our conversations I have come to appreciate the works of the Ministry and the great goal that it has. I believe that a future for myself lies in the study of Naturalism, helping to expand new horizons and possibilities in the field, and that I would be an asset to the Ministry of Contemplation.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Yes, I understand and agree wholeheartedly.