Ghost Roleplay Idea : Possession

Demotheus

It's more simple than you think, basically.

I'm not good at writing out fancy lore posts and such, nor do I want to bother until maybe this gets a positive response, buuut...

Possession in a nutshell - core.

-Ghost makes their way inside the victim

-Roots themselves to the victim, able to sense everything around them, while providing a vessel for protection.

-Can speak directly into their mind, though people very close to the host would find that their are sometimes whispers that you can't make the words out around the person.

-The host will feel chilled to the bone, constantly, and will be twitchy, along with the mental issues that could come with realizing something is inside you.

Possession possible abilities:- Aesthetic

-Changing the color of the eyes of the host, and causing them to glow in dark areas, though not to the point of being able to illuminate the area.

-Their magic will appear ethereal, if they have it, as in seeming to be ghostly.

Possession possible abilities - Non-Aesthetic

-Can make superficial hemorrhaging occur, causing the ears, nose, eyes, etc. to bleed. No real damage is done in this way, but it is painful nonetheless, not to mention horrifying.

-The ghostly aura of badluck/depression merges with the hosts, causing the host to also emit that aura. Anyone spending a lot of time with the host will start to feel depressed, and may be warded off from the host in this way.

-Can toy with the mind of the host in various ways. It essentially influences the host heavily. For example, the ghost can make the host feel an attachment to an object. If anyone were to try to take or ask about the object the host would become quite angry, almost certainly to the point of being violent towards whoever 'offended'. The host can withstand these urges, though with great difficulty to the point of mental anguish.

Excersizing a spirit from a host 

-Clerical/holy power to drive the ghost out. If a ghost is driven out in this way they will demanifest itself. and not be PK'd. They will not be able to haunt/possess the host again, though. The hosts body protects the ghost from being banished completely, so even holy magic will not banish the ghost, but will drive them out from the host.

-Stabbing the possessed with a golden weapon in a vital area, recommended only to be done with medics on standby...obviously. This will drive the ghost out. The more vital the area stabbed, the more 'damaged' the ghost becomes. If stabbed in the center of the chest the ghost will demanifest itself.

-The death of the host.

Redlines

-You may NOT control what a host does. You can't force the person you are possessing to do anything directly. Only influence their motives via speaking in their head or any other way listed above. Ie : You can only influence them, as in you can threaten, coerce, or tempt, etc.

Trick them, tell them lies. You cannot, fo rexample, take control of their body, you merely inhabit it.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Demotheus

I say no to this. No point, with all due respect.

Possession possible abilities - Non-Aesthetic

-Can make superficial hemorrhaging occur, causing the ears, nose, eyes, etc. to bleed. No real damage is done in this way, but it is painful nonetheless, not to mention horrifying.

-The ghostly aura of badluck/depression merges with the hosts, causing the host to also emit that aura. Anyone spending a lot of time with the host will start to feel depressed, and may be warded off from the host in this way.

-Can toy with the mind of the host in various ways. It essentially influences the host heavily. For example, the ghost can make the host feel an attachment to an object. If anyone were to try to take or ask about the object the host would become quite angry, almost certainly to the point of being violent towards whoever 'offended'. The host can withstand these urges, though with great difficulty to the point of mental anguish.

-The death of the host.

Redlines

-You may NOT control what a host does. You can't force the person you are possessing to do anything directly. Only influence their motives via speaking in their head or any other way listed above. 

These seem to contradict each other a little bit, might want to consider fixing/clarifying.

These seem to contradict each other a little bit, might want to consider fixing/clarifying.

You can only influence them, as in you can threaten, coerce, or tempt, etc. 

Trick them, tell them lies. You cannot, fo rexample, take control of their body, you merely inhabit it.

There's no point to most of the things on the server, other than to provide Role Play.

This gives a ghost the option to hide from the sunlight, and gold and such, inside of someone, and also provides another dimension of spooky RP for ghosts to provide.

does demo need a point...? o-o

oh yeah, i really like this, i thought ghosts already had some sort of possession ability, apparently not... but yeh +1 pls add

does demo need a point...? o-o

oh yeah, i really like this, i thought ghosts already had some sort of possession ability, apparently not... but yeh +1 pls add

I've started RPing a sort of psuedo possession similar to this, but not entirely.

For example, she floated inside of someone today and convinced them of some things and got her to try to take her own life.

I've started RPing a sort of psuedo possession similar to this, but not entirely.

For example, she floated inside of someone today and convinced them of some things and got her to try to take her own life.

oh gawd, that girl needs jesus. <insert sassy black woman>

that sounds fun to rp with, yeeee.

oh gawd, that girl needs jesus. <insert sassy black woman>

that sounds fun to rp with, yeeee.

Yeah she said my RPwas awesome an dloved it :)

Please no. This is not needed, and I would rather not have this a thing.

Please elaborate your reason, otherwise your opinion is pointless.

What if the one possessed was to consume gold. Would that not have the same effect as having a golden sword impaled through the individual? as for the whole hemorrhaging effect, I don't see how a ghost would be able to cause any real physical harm such as this to be done. Scratches and bite marks are fine. But to cause blood to pump from someones nose, ears and mouth would need more then just some magical creature willing it to happen. There would be no physical explanation for blood to flow from the body without harm. Anyway. Just some pointers on what I thought of from reading this over. Other then that, I think it may be neat for those who role play ghosts to have this ability. Though some more tweaking to this is needed IMO.

What if the one possessed was to consume gold. Would that not have the same effect as having a golden sword impaled through the individual? as for the whole hemorrhaging effect, I don't see how a ghost would be able to cause any real physical harm harm such as this to be done. Scratches and bite marks are fine. But to cause blood to pump from someones nose, ears and mouth would need more then just some magical creature willing it to happen. There would be no physical explanation for blood to flow from the body without harm. Anyway. Just some pointers on what I thought of from reading this over. Other then that, I think it may be neat for those who role play ghosts to have this ability. Though some more tweaking to this is needed IMO.

Consuming gold? Well, gold harms ghosts in the same way steel harms people. It's not just "sprinkle a bit of gold on it and it goes poof!" 

So, you'd have to eat an unreasonable amount of gold, which would have problems in it of themselves. However the consumption of a golden apple could be arranged to do the trick, due to it's magical properties and gold. 

It's more like scratching from the inside, you know? The bleeding part? They're ultimately superficial wounds and would never be too serious. Just to add more spookiness, though if it is a problem it's not mandatory. 

Actually. a small amount of gold would only be needed I think to have an effect on a ghost. As I remember correctly, even a thin line of gold dust on a floor makes it so a ghost can't even step over it. Thus. Just being close to gold would make a ghost uneasy. Surely if even, lets say a small vial of gold shaving were put into someones drink. And they drank it. It would most likely cause the ghost to de-manifest if it was inside the person at that time. Golden apples from my knowledge, actually don't contain any gold itself. It's just their color to show their magical potency. I could be wrong though on that as I'm not entirely sure. And the last part. The scratching that causes bleeding. So being said that it has nothing to do with actual hemorrhaging of the body. That i'm fine with. So long as these injuries can't actually damage vital organs and such.

Actually. a small amount of gold would only be needed I think to have an effect on a ghost. As I remember correctly, even a thin line of gold dust on a floor makes it so a ghost can't even step over it. Thus. Just being close to gold would make a ghost uneasy. Surely if even, lets say a small vial of gold shaving were put into someones drink. And they drank it. It would most likely cause the ghost to de-manifest if it was inside the person at that time. Golden apples from my knowledge, actually don't contain any gold itself. It's just their color to show their magical potency. I could be wrong though on that as I'm not entirely sure. And the last part. The scratching that causes bleeding. So being said that it has nothing to do with actual hemorrhaging of the body. That i'm fine with. So long as these injuries can't actually damage vital organs and such.

Golden apples are made by coating it in magegold dust, the lore is somewhere out there.

I think that gold dust stuff is a different matter all together, kind of like a sort of ward. OF course it's painful/uncomfortable...but to actually harm a ghost you would have to injure it with the gold in a weaponized form.