The Jewel Of Donovan

Helvetius

Event Planners, MC Names: Leonidas8227882 and anyone else who wants to.

Event Type: Battle, Quest

Event Date: When the building of the event is complete and is done being planned.

Factions/Nations effected by the event: Any Race.

Event Location: The Badlands

Summary:
In the times of Aegis, Iblees thought of what should come if the races were to flee. Eventually he made a plan to stop such a thing should it come to pass. Taking the Jewel of Donovan, a powerful relic capable of performing large magical feats with the mana stored inside it, he sacrificed hundreds of powerful necromancers, mages, and beings. With a single command, he ordered them all to drain or be drained into the Jewel.

Shortly after such a sacrifice, Iblees sent this Jewel off with a horde of undead on a large ship. The races in Aegis thought it was an attack at the time, so began to fortify their defenses. When the ship never arrived, all of them stood puzzled and confused as it had suddenly disappeared into the sea.

The ship carrying the horde made shore onto Anthos in the desert. The hot, dry winds crackling against their bones and flesh did naught as they slaved away to create a fortress. In the center of this fort, the Undead placed the Jewel of Iblees. When the Jewel was inserted, a mighty flash emitted and the fortress began to sink into the sand. The Undead, slowly falling into a deep slumber until the races from Aegis arrived.

Upon the arrival of the people of Aegis, the Jewel began emitting pulses from deep underground. Slow and over time, the rooms began to light themselves with an unknown source. The undead, sleeping in massive piles of bone and rotten flesh, limply lurched to their feet. With the pure power of the Jewel, the fortress emitted a horrible screech and began to rise to the surface. Red daggers of flesh and bone rose up with the foul stench of rotting flesh. A large beam seen across Anthos fires out the top of the fortress. At the entrance, a horde of the Undead with glowing red eyes...

Concept Images/Screenshots

Other Information:
The fortress can be something that you can besiege with rock and stone of fight through the massive amount of undead at the front gate. Long, narrow corridors twist through the fortress until you come into a huge dome room. At the very center, the Jewel sits between four sharp spikes. One above, below, left, and right. You can see it emitting pulses though surrounding it is a swarm of the undead with armor and weapons. To destroy the Jewel, no arrow, bolt, or weapon would work in striking it. You must strike with a weapon of iron at the four spikes sucking its energy and destroy them all.

The Jewel will then fall from it to the ground. Be wary for several things. If you touch it with the bare hands, the sheer power of the crystal will take full control of you to do its bidding. The person being controlled may start attacking his fellow allies. The Jewel must be touched indirectly with tongs or whatever that can grab that isn't part of your body. In the mean time, the fortress will be sinking back under the sand...

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?: Yes, of course. It will most certainly be needed with the undead spawning and the sinking of the fortress at the end.

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?: Builders, most certainly. As for actors, at most telepathic waves from the crystal speaking dark curses, insults, ect... That is the only thing needed for actors.

+1 for support! First time making event proposal.

Aegis is not connected by sea with the other realms (Asulon and Anthos).

They used a Tardis, hmkay?

It sounds awesome, I'd want to see this happen.

Then why have map switches gone on by setting sail, going by boat, getting shipwrecked, ect... Inter-realm travel? Undead couldn't have done that too? Anthos was arrived by boat. The 3.5 map was arrived and left with boat.

Yes it is. The Verge portal didn't lead to another world or anything, it was basically a portal made to spare the people having to sail all the way to it. It was originally found by Druids on a boat, I believe.

Then why have map switches gone on by setting sail, going by boat, getting shipwrecked, ect... Inter-realm travel? Undead couldn't have done that too? Anthos was arrived by boat. The 3.5 map was arrived and left with boat.

Because when leaving Aegis, we hopped on through the verge, so technically we're still in the verge, which is a different plane of existence to Aegis' plane. Basically, while Anthos and Asulon are connected, Aegis isn't connected to any of the other maps.

Yes it is. The Verge portal didn't lead to another world or anything, it was basically a portal made to spare the people having to sail all the way to it. It was originally found by Druids on a boat, I believe.

Despite what may have been thought at the time, my previous statement is currently the accepted lore on it.

Because when leaving Aegis, we hopped on through the verge, so technically we're still in the verge, which is a different plane of existence to Aegis' plane. Basically, while Anthos and Asulon are connected, Aegis isn't connected to any of the other maps.

Despite what may have been thought at the time, my previous statement is currently the accepted lore on it.

Umm...perhaps you should go and read the original Verge lore post. It isn't what was thought by players, it was the lore for it.

Couldn't the undead have made the same Verge though to pass through? Considering it is Iblees who sent them off on their way?

Umm...perhaps you should go and read the original Verge lore post. It isn't what was thought by players, it was the lore for it.

It doesn't matter what the lore said, and it's not really a matter of debate either. This is currently the lore on it, otherwise Iblees would have simply followed and killed us. I haven't like, just made this lore up off the top of my head, a great deal of lore has been created around Aegis and Asulon/Anthos being in two separate planes.

Couldn't the undead have made the same Verge though to pass through? Considering it is Iblees who sent them off on their way?

The verge was sealed behind the races as they passed through, leaving Iblees trapped.

It doesn't matter what the lore said, and it's not really a matter of debate either. This is currently the lore on it, otherwise Iblees would have simply followed and killed us. I haven't like, just made this lore up off the top of my head, a great deal of lore has been created around Aegis and Asulon/Anthos being in two separate planes.

The verge was sealed behind the races as they passed through, leaving Iblees trapped.

Iblees was already trapped in the Void. And his Undead were unable to leave the Nether because of the axe getting thrown in.

Iblees was already trapped in the Void. And his Undead were unable to leave the Nether because of the axe getting thrown in.

Iblees still had influence. By switching planes, he no longer held this influence.

Yah but the undead in this thread left before Aegis was sealed. Couldn't that have been possible? To leave through the verge before even the druids knew of the verge?

Iblees still had influence. By switching planes, he no longer held this influence.

He didn't. Between his first attacks and the Undead invasion we played in, he didn't do a whole lot. He relied on his Undead to do basically everything for him and weaken the void barriers for him to eventually break free and stuff. Before they could do that though, they got trapped in the Nether, meaning Iblees was back to powerless. ICly we left Aegis because all the capitals were tainted and unbreathable in and the taint killed crops and destroyed everything because they had spread it so much towards the end. Of course the main reason was OOC and the server needed a bigger map, but sadly they gave us Asulon which was way too big.

He didn't. Between his first attacks and the Undead invasion we played in, he didn't do a whole lot. He relied on his Undead to do basically everything for him and weaken the void barriers for him to eventually break free and stuff. Before they could do that though, they got trapped in the Nether, meaning Iblees was back to powerless. ICly we left Aegis because all the capitals were tainted and unbreathable in and the taint killed crops and destroyed everything because they had spread it so much towards the end. Of course the main reason was OOC and the server needed a bigger map, but sadly they gave us Asulon which was way too big.

Iblees was releaced and destroyed Aegis. But that part of the lore doesn't matter in this situation.

------------------

Aegis was connected to the Verge by a portal that Iblees did not have any powers on. As such, he could not have the gem transported to Anthos.

I would advise for the creation of the gem to be made in Asulon.

Iblees was releaced and destroyed Aegis. But that part of the lore doesn't matter in this situation.

------------------

Aegis was connected to the Verge by a portal that Iblees did not have any powers on. As such, he could not have the gem transported to Anthos.

I would advise for the creation of the gem to be made in Asulon.

In Asulon, there'd be no Undead to do it.