[Idea] Let's Give Criminal Executions And Exiles More Meaning.

Cyndikate

To alleviate the problem with villains coming back after executions, or exiles. The real problem is that no matter how many times guards kill villains, they come back as if nothing happened and start a ruckus again.

Set a rule in place for exiles and RP'd executions, this will likely solve the issue. This rule is similar to the return to death rule where one cannot return to the place they died for 30 minutes.

A rule will consist of this:

Any character that is exiled, or  executed, or "varsele" is NOT allowed to return to the city they died or exiled from for one elven week. Not following this will result in punishment, including bans or if applicable VA revokes.

All nation leaders, city officials or the like must make an RP post detailing the criminal and the execution or exile, or else their execution will be disavowed. The player will be allowed to return one week after the date of the post.

This will not stop villains from coming back and wreaking havoc, but it will slow things down and make matters less annoying for citizens, nation leaders and guards. This idea will bring more meaning to executions, and exiles.

Guest Grey

A rule will consist of this:

Any character that is exiled, or  executed, or "varsele" is NOT allowed to return to the city they died or exiled from for one elven week. Not following this will result in punishment, including bans or if applicable VA revokes.

This is quite harsh, and I think ic things should be handled ic, instead of ooc, with ban reports and all.

*Banishes all the people!*

I could see this working.

All nation leaders, city officials or the like must make an RP post detailing the criminal and the execution or exile, or else their execution will be disavowed. The player will be allowed to return one week after the date of the post.

Ohh Radical of mine <3.

I can see this working indeed, +1

This is quite harsh, and I think ic things should be handled ic, instead of ooc, with ban reports and all.

If they make the RP post, it is IC. Villains need to start respecting their punishment and the OOC wishes of the players in the city. Because after all, villains are there to provide fun.

How would you even enforce this?  There are ways this can easily be abused, such as someone dragging the exiled person back to the city they're not allowed oocly to go back to. Or what if they're being attacked and the closet sanctuary is that city? It's getting rid of roleplay.

Quite frankly I feel that this hampers roleplay, not to mention causes more issues that it'll solve. Effective guard forces could easily take out these criminals. If they return and cause more problem? Repeat, eventually according to Pavlov's classical conditioning theory, people should realise that they're getting a negative reaction for what they're doing. Stopping it, or it could have the screw you effect. But it's better than these needless limitations that will most likely worsen the problem that solve it.

If we went through with this, it's more so a punishment for the people instead of the characters played. Create a jail system that's patrolled rather than try to kick them out of the city immediately. Create RP within the city by having a jailhouse of sorts, bolster your roleplay and do more than just be irked by some people coming into a city.

Exiling people from a city is more so excluding people out from roleplay than just sorting the issue out, and punishes the player more than the character mentioned beforehand. I'm sure there's more than one way to solve an issue, especially since this is radically drastic.

If we went through with this, it's more so a punishment for the people instead of the characters played. Create a jail system that's patrolled rather than try to kick them out of the city immediately. Create RP within the city by having a jailhouse of sorts, bolster your roleplay and do more than just be irked by some people coming into a city.

Exiling people from a city is more so excluding people out from roleplay than just sorting the issue out, and punishes the player more than the character mentioned beforehand. I'm sure there's more than one way to solve an issue, especially since this is radically drastic.

It's supposed to be a punishment to the player. The player is playing the character. IC bleeds into OOC. If an IC punishment caters to people's OOC wants and desires like they do now with this monk revival come back after 30 mins rule, no one will understand the weight of committing crimes.

It's supposed to be a punishment to the player. The player is playing the character. IC bleeds into OOC. If an IC punishment caters to people's OOC wants and desires like they do now with this monk revival come back after 30 mins rule, no one will understand the weight of committing crimes.

Yes, but it's a punishment, that's the point. There's a difference between a drawback and a punishment. The server is supposed to be enjoyable for all that go on it, and that doesn't allow the point where one player can exclude another entirely from an RP hub. Like I said, try to find a middle point like a jail system. Create RP that way and keep the villains you catch in check.

Yes, but it's a punishment, that's the point. There's a difference between a drawback and a punishment. The server is supposed to be enjoyable for all that go on it, and that doesn't allow the point where one player can exclude another entirely from an RP hub. Like I said, try to find a middle point like a jail system. Create RP that way and keep the villains you catch in check.

Isn't it an unrealistic expectation to expect a player to go "wow, what great fun" when being executed by a guard?

I sure don't find being killed in RP fun (in most cases) but I see it as a necessity and part of the price of playing in a world with other people. That's what criminals have to understand.

Isn't it an unrealistic expectation to expect a player to go "wow, what great fun" when being executed by a guard?

I sure don't find being killed in RP fun (in most cases) but I see it as a necessity and part of the price of playing in a world with other people. That's what criminals have to understand.

Criminals understand it all the same, and that's somewhat of a vast generalization. Of course not all the villains think that way, but some do. The person involved should, in the end, have no quarrels about being killed. Otherwise you've either been wronged (in your mind) to some degree or the person is dragging IC stuff into OOC and being a bad sport for the sake of RP. If this is an issue, it would be fixed by a jailhouse ideal as stated beforehand.

Hah... people are saying 'Deal with it in RP'. Go to Blundermore's post that was, in fact, made today.

We've tried dealing with it IC.

Believe me... we've tried. But, this is coming from a guard in a quite numerous guard force... we've just thrown in the towel as we don't want to do the same thing over and over. It is no longer interesting or fun. I've seen the same villains reappear multiple times... and my thought process nowadays goes "Oh... look... there's [insert generic villain here]. I could arrest him... but it would lead to OOC drama... the town calling corruption and going to his aid, and most likely end in my death. I'm just not going to bother."

And it isn't just me. Someone confirm that it isn't just me. 

People have to understand... it isn't fun anymore for you to come in every day and kidnap and murder, as we've seen it... dozens of times.

Hah... people are saying 'Deal with it in RP'. Go to Blundermore's post that was, in fact, made today.

We've tried dealing with it IC.

Believe me... we've tried. But, this is coming from a guard in a quite numerous guard force... we've just thrown in the towel as we don't want to do the same thing over and over. It is no longer interesting or fun. I've seen the same villains reappear multiple times... and my thought process nowadays goes "Oh... look... there's [insert generic villain here]. I could arrest him... but it would lead to OOC drama... the town calling corruption and going to his aid, and most likely end in my death. I'm just not going to bother."

And it isn't just me. Someone confirm that it isn't just me. 

People have to understand... it isn't fun anymore for you to come in every day and kidnap and murder, as we've seen it... dozens of times.

It isn't just you Chris. Believe me. It really  really isn't just you.

To all you nay sayers and -1, please offer another solution. Any guard can tell you, we aren't on all the time. There has to be a consequence to villainy or it going to go nuts. It already is going nuts. We need someway to control them or we're going to lose a lot of good players.So instead of just bashing the idea, come up with one of your own.