Public Execution - Perma Kill

JVQ

In my opinion, this idea is really great, since isnt that what you do to people that you dislike? Plot to remove them, whether it be by gaining power over them, or their  deaths?

i support

note that guilds and nations can require players to sign ooc permakill clauses saying if they are caught breaking certain rp laws they have a chance to be PKd

In my opinion, this idea is really great, since isnt that what you do to people that you dislike? Plot to remove them, whether it be by gaining power over them, or their  deaths?

Were it all IC? Maybe.

But even then - Killing is too common a punishment already by far. 'Oh, you insulted me. Public execution'. 'I don't like you. Public execution'. This sort of thing won't result in better rp - It will result in people abusing this new power to rack up as many PKs as they can.

LoTC is just as much OOCly ran than ICly. I've seen raids where people spare the characters of ooc friends, and I myself can attest that rp (peaceful or non) goes better when the other person is a friend.

Especially without VAs, there's no safeguard to prevent people from just using this to harass people OOC. 'Oh, my character's crazy. It's just coincidence that five characters he executed last week had the same player'.

Guilds and nations having PK clauses are perfectly fine, since you have to specifically agree to them in order to be bound by it. Unless they have a screen of you agreeing to the clause, they can't force you to PK.

No. Because some guards are dumb and can kill children on a whim.

Nation leaders can PK characters for little to no reason other than the fact that no one likes you OOCly.

Personally I think already the way city guard forces work are stupid. Guards literally will just kill someone because, "Couldn't pay the fine." Instead of jailing them, or have some thoughtful RP with them. STOP JUST KILLING ANYONE WHO BREAKS A LAW. Make a public display, have maybe a public torture or beating, or a public hanging cells where you keep the players in. Make some roleplay out of it, but also make it not fun for the characters so they don't do it again. If you kill them, then all they will do is bring bare minimum items next time they think of trying to steal something. Literally shove them into some hole in the ground that's covered with absolute *$&# and leave them there with maybe a guard or two to mess with them. Beat someone instead of killing them. All it is in almost /every/ guard force is that if you steal something, "Off with your Head!" If someone can't pay a fine, you don't kill them, you take everything they own. Go and /GET/ the fine, don't just look at someone and say, "You can't pay? Alright, you die."

In summary, stop just killing people for minor breaking laws, the guard forces need to chill out and actually find another way to punish those who commit minor crimes. If someone steals, cut off the hand which the stole with, throw them in a cell and hang the hand around their neck. If someone murders someone, actually have a trial? Those are usually more fun. Actually and see what the verdict is. Make it more fun, because the way it is now, if you "Insult" a guard, you get your head chopped off. How about you just beat the living #$%^ out of the person. Actually give those who roleplay doctors, something to do. 

So I have a big now to this public executions=Perma Kills, because all it will be is that someone tries to steal something and so a public execution will be performed and the person killed. 

Edit: Went on a bit of a rant on public punishments in general, but meh, that's my view on things.

Edited by Beast720

Nope, this can be easily abused. -1

Anyone can be a Nation Leader.  Anyone.  Therefor this should NEVER be allowed.  Nation leaders change so bloody frequently.

Considering I see many people RPly executed for dumb reasons. Like if I went into the Raevir and had a conversation about the creator and one of the zealots there took somthing the wrong way and I was executed for being a heretic. On a year old character. It wouldn't feel too well. All in all Perma death shouldn't be forced. It should be the players decision. And a good rper will know the right time when their character should die. But they shouldn't be forced into it.

I'd allow nation leaders to seek admin approval for a perma death execution.

I think it should be the pesron's whose dying choice. Is not right to force PKs. SOme character have been developed for years.

I disagree, although harsh, I don't believe it is horrible to force PK. I think it adds more urgency to criminal rp, if your buddy is locked up and due for execution, you robin hood that **** and go save him. Bearing in mind these executions would only be ordered by a Nation Leader, so they would be scarce unless your nation leader is joffrey

Forced PKs of any form without the prior agreement on the player are OOC ****storms waiting to happen. They are not worth the cost.

Forced PKs of any form without the prior agreement on the player are OOC ****storms waiting to happen. They are not worth the cost.

The indeed. 

We have no plans to implement any form of forced permakilling.