Raid Rule Modifications

Supremacy

Most of the time, the people who have their "RP disrupted" don't stay and fight. They either log off or continue to try and hold some semblance of their previous RP behind a locked door.

As was the case with the boat-plane incursion not so long ago. The High Elves, for example, will only stay and fight when the people they face are on the outside, after that, they either give up and log off or just stay behind closed doors.

I don't know, last raid on Kaldonia as the attacking party, me and my men had fun ordering civilians into their houses or directing them to the Inn, not to ruin their role play, but to give the feeling that a civilian in a city that is under attack should be there. Not "mah immersion" or "let my 12 year old grab a blade and fight back." But the idea of attackers attacking with a purpose, our purpose was to defeat the Imperial Army and the officials, not to slaughter peasants. Truthfully I think very few factions should have their goal to be total destruction of the populace.

Whether raids are RP or not is besides the point: the primary rule here is if you raid a settlement you can't then refuse when it warclaims back. If you butcher their citizens the Empire can now strike back.

Ha, I understood that reference. Lago's maintaining the cheeky digs despite the somewhat tenseness of this thread, good on him.

Hey, it's only reasonable that if you attack someone they can attack back, and conversely if you refuse to allow someone to attack you you can't then attack them. Otherwise the main form of combat is raids which tends to be soldiers attacking civilians rather than soldiers attacking soldiers.

Hey, it's only reasonable that if you attack someone they can attack back, and conversely if you refuse to allow someone to attack you you can't then attack them. Otherwise the main form of combat is raids which tends to be soldiers attacking civilians rather than soldiers attacking soldiers.

Cyndikate made a thread regarding something about not being able to deny warclaims if you brought it on yourself.

Cyndikate said Provokation, which is massively subjective. "Did they raid them or not" is a much less vague and subjective condition.

Cyndikate said Provokation, which is massively subjective. "Did they raid them or not" is a much less vague and subjective condition.

The thing is, people will just make raid groups not affiliated with nations to bypass this rule then. Are you going to punish a nation if a random group of humans attacks the dwarves? 

City occupation is RP, deal with it in RP instead of putting up OOC barriers to combat it. Why would a group stop raiding constantly if you won't meet their demands? Fight back.

City Occupation has no RP. It's literally the occupant jumping around and shout spamming chat, with usually trolly banter.

City Occupation has no RP. It's literally the occupant jumping around and shout spamming chat, with usually trolly banter.

Refer to my post on the previous page my friend, not everyone is like that. Typically I see factions like mine and the Teutonic Order (when Mirtok is actually alive and around) tend to be more professional. Not saying that the rest of you all are not, having not been in all of the factions. 

P.S I know most factions are trolly with their leader not being present, even my own men have that problem. Best we can do is try to keep them in line.

Refer to my post on the previous page my friend, not everyone is like that. Typically I see factions like mine and the Teutonic Order (when Mirtok is actually alive and around) tend to be more professional. Not saying that the rest of you all are not, having not been in all of the factions. 

P.S I know most factions are trolly with their leader not being present, even my own men have that problem. Best we can do is try to keep them in line.

Teutonic Order =/= Dwarves. I went into Tahn'siol as an Orc and was one of the very few really RPing doing a Siege of Baghdad while others were either otototo'ing or breaking some computer and RPing paratroopers.

Trolling is still bannable I believe.. But what you just said isn't City Occupation, that is turning a city into a pvp-zone. Occupying the city means to rp with it's citizens and enforce your rule for however short a time that may be.

According to information I heard from witnesses. During the last 'occupation' of the elven city you went around and emoted /me stabs elf. Then counted down and PVPed. I don't see how that is even considered an occupation. It seems to me to be more of a genocide/slaughter of innocent bystanders who do not even wish to be involved in the war. And I also remember when the bloc raided the elven city and RPed gassing it.

Trolling is still bannable I believe.. But what you just said isn't City Occupation, that is turning a city into a pvp-zone. Occupying the city means to rp with it's citizens and enforce your rule for however short a time that may be.

Yet that is to the extent that this is brought into effect in LoTC. Yes trolling is against the rules, with that in mind, what shall we call your use of ad hominem in the tu quoque form; something that shouldn't even be considered in this discussion after your blatant use of nepotism in your own arguments in which detail acts your own party is guilty of. Nonetheless this entire thread has gone from decent ideas that, albeit, require a small bit of tweaking if they were to be enforced into yourself perpetuating the problem we /are/ enduring as of now. Bickering like children as is seen in this thread isn't going to cause this proposition to be denied or accepted as an amendment to the rules it's just going to fuel the circle jerk.

According to information I heard from witnesses. During the last 'occupation' of the elven city you went around and emoted /me stabs elf. Then counted down and PVPed. I don't see how that is even considered an occupation. It seems to me to be more of a genocide/slaughter of innocent bystanders who do not even wish to be involved in the war. And I also remember when the bloc raided the elven city and RPed gassing it.

Who are you adressing this to?

Also as a side note, we should get back on track of the topic.