The Court Of Souls

spqrSancus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLEorA41tY

5hUBBAP.jpg

"... And so it was that the two spirits of duty, the Golden Soul and the Silver Sentinel pushed together in desperation and fate, entered the circle and discussed their plans. For Spectral-kind was to be found lacking in it's mannerisms and was failing in the light. Thus was how their survival was ensured. So in the dead of night, moonless and dark, the two came up with five Unholy Laws and five Greate Grievances to ensure the continuance of their Darkeste Unrest...

GjipgKG.jpg

...To never harm their Unholy Brothers...

a9Jjae2.jpg

...To hold vigilance against the Descendant's promise...

onaJqH7.jpg

...To fear and shun the hated lights...

dDjtmoX.jpg

...To leave the Faith of Cleric and Shaman away and behind...

xI8irNO.jpg

...And to protect their brothers and sisters of Darke unholy Fate...

UkFiOiy.png

...and in doing so bound them to the fate of spirit-kind. And then they pursued the power of undeath, and in it, found great reward in the shameful display of the arcane. Such was the start of the Spectral Court, whom stole away the children and hung them by their necks, whom broke adult breath and instilled great terrors in the hearts of all the Descendants' kind, and named Death their Father and Darke their Son, and all the Dead their Brothers.

Beware the shadows, for they hide darker things still."

-Excerpt from Ten Great Legends of Anthos' Time

[!] Here before you lies an old book, penned by a Mr. James Lawrence the Second.

iNOZtHS.jpg

The Court of Souls

It's Purpose

The Spectral Court has not long existed, at least not by name. It has been known for some time that Spectralkind were somehow related to each other in some unfathomable way. Spectralkind were constantly in contact with one another, often appearing to work together suddenly and without warning.

The reason? The Court.

This Court does not function like a mortal court. There are no kings and queens, no princes, princess, lords, or ladies.

There are only souls.

The Court is a loose amalgamation of Spectralkind, a sort of "reigning democracy" if you will. Each ghost has it's say. Each ghost has it's individual goal. And each must follow the rules which have been decided upon by all, or risk being eternally shunned by their own kind. Altogether the pinnacle of Spectral Beings, it's composites are neither good nor evil, but rather somewhere in between.

The Court has no official ranking system. There are no lords greater than counts, no single all-powerful king, no dukes, no duchesses. While ghosts respect age and power, each is largely independent, ad don't expect other ghosts to follow their lead - each abides by their own standards and expectations, and they follow no other, except by will.

That being said, the Court of Souls respects age - how long you have been manifested. How long it has been since you first died. Even how long it has been since your birth. All contributes to power, and with life no longer an issue, nor political standing, nor even wealth, a ghost has only the ideal of power left to adhere to. As such, the oldest ghosts are given the utmost respect by those around them, and while their word is not law, nor do ghosts see it as such, their opinions are often considered more heavily than those whom are younger.

The Court of Souls operates on this sole ideal - power. Absolute, complete, and total power. And it is this pursuit of power for which the Court exists. As they say, strength in numbers. A thousand ghosts are more powerful than one, and the more spirits which stand or float at one's side, the easier it is to survive, to fight, to escape, and to complete various tasks. Popularity and favour giving is very much a thing in this Court - it is well-known that the more allies one has at it's side, the more powerful it becomes.

In short, the Court functionally treats every ghost as though they were equal, and exists for the continued gathering of power and survival of all spectral-kind. It is a dangerous and mysterious force, and it's true inner workings are unknown even to me, however, it undoubtedly exists. Be wary - you may face one ghost now. But in the future, will it call upon it's allies to give it aid? I wish you luck in the hunt, be you man, Mali, Uruk, or dwarf.

I am James Lawrence the Second. Beware the shadows, for they hide darker things still.

((OOC Info))

As stated in James Lawrence's so called study on the Court, there is no true ranking system. Officially, the Court holds no prejudice. There is no true imbalance of power. However, ghosts do respect age, with which comes power. And thus, ghosts will naturally respect those whom have it. These ranks are very superficial, and serve no real purpose, however, ghosts will most like respect or envy your ghost more depending on their ages, albeit those who hold such "titles" would not  expect any one ghost to follow it simply for such, nor take it's word over any other. Essentially, this is just flavour text, something to add some colour to the Court. You can use them or not, and you can RP them having an effect or not. It doesn't matter.

This "guild" will essentially be a player-led event team-like entity, mainly OOC with RP elements, that focuses on a very specific roleplay style that is often overlooked but can be very fun should one RP it properly - spectral occurences. Created in mind to allow large scale ghost events with multiple ghost RPers taking part, this OOC/RP creation will focus on teamwork, collaboration, and competition.

Each event will cater to a different playerbase. Each event will attempt to inspire either dread or awe. Whether it is exploring an ancient sprawling catacomb, attempting to appease the spirits of the dead, or fending off waves of attacking preternatural creatures, or even the good old fashioned witch hunt, the event will be crafted in mind to create a classic spooky (and possibly humorous) atmosphere.

While this organization will take longer than the Event Team to pull together and arrange events, and one will likely find it more difficult to roleplay effectively without the aid of the mechanics/looseness of the rules available to the Event Team and will not have such great rewards as the Event Team, it's roleplay will be no less enjoyable, and of no lesser quality.

We hope to see you around.

Sincerely,

The ghosts of LoTC.

The "Ranks"

(If meaningless titles make you feel good. ;) )

Use these in RP to signify age and/or refer to another spirit by an honorific.

500+ yrs = Abberation

400-499 yrs = Banshee

300-399 yrs = Phantom

200-299 yrs = Spectre/Poltergeist (Not just used amongst the two respective kinds of ghosts, Graven have been known to be classified as one or the other as well according to their alignments)

100-199 yrs = Spirit

0-99 yrs = Soul

The OOC Rules

-Be friendly to other players! Even if they aren't to you, try your best to be polite.

-Avoid BRs! Try not to make them over the tiniest little thing. That doesn't mean DON'T do it - just try and avoid it. Try to solve it with them first. And no, trying to solve it does not count as  "BR!!!1!!1!"

-Take a chill pill and be courteous. Ask the other players for feedback, for permission to continue RPing as though night, etc. As a Graven, if you want PvP, don't force it on people who don't want it. Ask them. If they don't want it, don't call PvP default, unless it is absolutely necessary, like, say, "Oh ****, I gtg for so and so reason." And don't just be a jerk and say that just because you want PvP.

-Follow server rules! This should be obvious.

-I would say have fun here, but obviously, that's not exactly something you can make a rule about... Albeit if you're not having fun, why the hell you here, man? :P Go out there and RP as you like!

-Follow lore! Follow it, can't stress this enough! Act spooky! Use spectral magic to it's full extent and scare the **** out of someone's character! Do it! It's fun and if you do it properly, it'll be so for other players too! Don't be another one of those silly Caspers!

((End of OOC Info))

The Commandments of the Court

-Do not aggress a fellow Soul without reason. Those whom aggress their fellow Souls will be SHUNNED.

-There is a fine line between alliance/protection of mortals and friendship! Those whom dally with the living will be SHUNNED and PURGED, lest they bring down upon us the might of the living.

-Fear the light, for light weakens and burns. Those who walk the light will be SHUNNED.

-Leave the Clerics and Shamans in peace, lest they hunt us down and rend our souls with faithful light! Those who provoke their wrath will be SHUNNED, PURGED, and DELIVERED UNTO THE LIGHT.

-Protect and aid your fellow Souls, that we may each attain Godhood in death! Those who refuse will be SHUNNED.

((Further OOC Details))

We'll be RPing the actual group as though it were something akin to a council/moot, with meetings held every other week or whenever any one member calls for such a meeting, either in order to call into question some of the "laws," propose new "legislations," or call for favours (event part of the "guild.")

Laws will be very largely subjective, with different interpretations by different ghosts. A ghost, if found to have apparently broken such a law, would be called to task and trial, with each ghost voting on whether to dole out punishments or not. Just the same, a ghost can possibly appeal said verdict after a time IF they were simply shunned.

We will be making for ourselves a larger "Courthouse," or home, sometime in 4.0. Quavinir will be in charge of helping arrange whatever building must be done, and will be arranging for temporary shelter in the lands of Thales. Anyhow, that's all for now. Hope to see you guys soon!

Current Roster

(Would be unknown to all but ghosts)

-The Silver Sentinel (Abberation, spqrSancus, Event Branch)

-The Golden Soul, Hyra (Soul, Quavinir_Signus/Divine_Porpotion/goldensaint2, Event Branch)

-The Engraved, Albinec Mountainwalker (Spirit, cman64, Event Branch)

-The Captain Condemned (Phantom, TheNorwegianGuy/jonhan2, Event Branch)

-The Eternal Librarian (Spirit, Eenhoornheid, N/A)

OOC Application (Event Branch)

Minecraft name:

Skype ID (Required):
Time zone:
Have you been banned sometime in the past 6 months?
What are your characters? Is one of them a ghost? If not, would you be willing to make one and possibly PK a character to do it?
What sort of allegiances have any of your characters held in the past?

What sort of roleplay do you specialize in? (e.g. Peaceful, Conflict, Exploration, Spontaneous, etc.)
What do you believe are key factors for a successful spooky event?
What strengths could you contribute to the Court OOCly? Are you knowledgeable in lore, great at organizing, good at building, a good writer, what? Don't have to get into detail, and doesn't have to be super amazing stuff, list it off.
Why do you want to be part of the Court?
Create a distinct event you might do as part of the Court. 
Doesn't have to be long or detailed now, just decent!

Tell us what you expect personally from the Court. This doesn't particularly matter and is optional, however, your saying something will help us develop the group into what it needs to be.

Finally... Do you agree to adhere to Supremacy's lore pertaining to the estrangement of mortals, among all other lore pertaining to proper Spectral ettiquette?

OOC: Casual Branch

The casual branch is meant for those ghost RPers who do not want to have to create/participate in events set forth by the event branch, but want to be able to roleplay alongside fellow ghosts. They get a say in the meetings, are able to roleplay alongside other ghosts easily, and are held to the same roleplay and most of the relevant, common sense OOC rules. They're a little freer, but can't call for event-type favours or meetings (such as a Graven calling for aid in fulfilling it's duties, ghostly mass attacks, etc)) but may participate in those set out by the Event Branch, and may call for minor favours, such as for materials for building, props, and otherwise.

Casual branch members, may, if they wish and have shown a decent amount of prowess in events, be voted into the Event Branch at any time.

Minecraft name:

Skype ID (Optional):

Time Zone:

Have you been banned sometime in the last 3 months?

What are your characters? Is one of them a ghost? If not, would you be willing to make one and possibly PK a character to do it?

What sort of allegiances have any of your characters held in the past?

What sort of roleplay do you specialize in? (e.g. Peaceful, Conflict, Exploration, Spontaneous, etc)

Why do you want to be part of the Court?

Do you agree to adhere to Supremacy's estrangement to mortals lore, as well as any other lore pertaining to proper Spectral etiquette?

((RP Application))

[!] The boom and rumble of hooves trampling the ground sound through the night air, seeking spirits of old and new alike. Taking the form of a ghostly rider, burning with fire and smoke, and sitting upon a vile horse, it hurls a dark, old, and crumpled scroll at your ghostly character's feet. Within the scroll is first written the Commandments of the Court and following that, it's purpose as a legislative entity bent on pursuing the survival and empowerment of all spectral-kind. Finally, there comes the actual letter itself.

You have been summoned to take up a role at the Spectral Court. Join us now, brother or sister in Death, and we shall attain Godhood together. Write the letter and call for the spirit of the Cavalier, and his protégé will soon ride to take you home.

Welcome back, friend of Darkness.

Your name and/or title.

Your allegiances in life.

Do you agree to adhere by the Commandments of the Court, and to actively pursue and follow any future verdicts that the Court as an entity chooses to establish or abolish?

Your age.

1000+ yrs = Ghast

800-999 yrs = Wraith

600-799 yrs = Phantom

400-599 yrs = Spectre/Poltergeist (Not just used amongst the two respective kinds of ghosts, Graven have been known to be classified as one or the other as well according to their alignments)

200-399 yrs = Spirit

0-199 yrs = Soul

To progress from one to two up your rank structure would require a player to RP longer than the lifespan of the server so far, and that's the small jump.

To progress from one to two up your rank structure would require a player to RP longer than the lifespan of the server so far, and that's the small jump.

((It's completely superficial and there's really no actual effect to RP other than something for a ghost to call themselves. Which reminds me... Forgot an app! XD))

((EDIT: The app is now implemented. Don't be shy, join us. Quavinir and I are "taking charge," for the time being, as it starts, but as we gain more members, this "power" will quickly diminish. I promise we'll all have an equal say for all this.))

((EDIT #2: The rank years have been changed at Lago's behest!))

Edited by spqrSancus

what are some examples of skins if one where to be a ghost IC. Also, how would they RP from day to day as a ghost(If there is a guide reply with the link)? Or is it mainly for events IC?

what are some examples of skins if one where to be a ghost IC. Also, how would they RP from day to day as a ghost(If there is a guide reply with the link)? Or is it mainly for events IC?

((I'll grab a couple of left-over skins from a planned generic ghost character that I never used that has the haunt, spectre, and poltergeist skins. Give me a couple minutes and I'll grab you the linky to the req. A revenant, which is the stage after haunt but before spectre/poltergeist just has pupils. As for Graven, first gens can look like basically anything, barring a living person. So shadows, energy, blue cold fire, or even just like a normal ghost. Second gens require an app accepted by yours truly in order to be roleplayed, but they either look like haunts or like they're made of smoke and hot fire.

As for RPing day-to-day, keep a distance from mortals. Interact with them, but if you want to talk to them, don't do so directly, if possible. Using the black language resource in the roleplay section is all well and good, as well as ancient elvish if it makes sense for your character to know it. Also acceptable is using telepathy while invisible to spell out messages on the floors and walls.

Basically, don't be Casper and start making friends with mortals. Be a classic ghost story-like ghost. No guide, though I might get on that shortly. And no, not necessarily just for events or they'd be ET creatures, albeit I'd beg for one to keep them as an alt at most.

I.e. check all the lores. Go into Jistuma's handily compiled lore list and take a good long look and some nice time to read anything to do with spectral occurences, (and maybe get a hot cup of coffee while you're at it) and you'll have a good nice idea.))

((It's completely superficial and there's really no actual effect to RP other than something for a ghost to call themselves. Which reminds me... Forgot an app! XD))

((EDIT: The app is now implemented. Don't be shy, join us. Quavinir and I are "taking charge," for the time being, as it starts, but as we gain more members, this "power" will quickly diminish. I promise we'll all have an equal say for all this.))

((EDIT #2: The rank years have been changed at Lago's behest!))

((It's still Gravens on top, ghosts on bottom. I'd just scrap the chronology entirely and rank based on seniority.))

((It's still Gravens on top, ghosts on bottom. I'd just scrap the chronology entirely and rank based on seniority.))

((Again, superficial, and honestly... Seniority... Like I said, ghosts are based very largely off age. I chose to use the age system because of Supremacy's lore. I thought all this out and thought that is what would fit the current lore best. Get the age thing scrapped and we might talk, but as it is, more age = more power. Not necessarily in this, but in general.

I'd change the name of the wraiths as those are already a thing,

I'd change the name of the wraiths as those are already a thing,

Done.

Also forgot to point out that every race bar humans have a lifespan longer than 100. If you're a human, sorry, but you aren't getting higher on the superficial rank system. And it really shouldn't matter to you anyways, because it's SUPERFICIAL.

((Fixed up the app, as it was giving players way too much responsibility for an ET-like entity. Sorry guys, was rushed and just copy pasted the ET app. :((( ))

((cman64 as well as TheNorwegianGuy have both sent me the app privately. He has been accepted.

cman's spirit is a poltergeist, and will be acting as one of (currently the only of) the Court's scribe.

For those whom are worried about some of the grammatical errors in his post, I believe that is simply habit done in casual conversation.

In the RP topics and posts I have seen, the grammar is well-done and the talent in writing exemplary. I believe and dearly hope he will keep this quality up, both in-game and in the forums.

TheNorwegianGuy is a second-gen Graven who's jobs are to a) bring peace to other spirits (giving them a sense of purpose in the allocation of duty in a taskmaster-like manner), and to keep the living in line so as not to befall a spirit's fate. 

Welcome to the team. I'll add your characters to the rosters shortly. If you haven't already, PM Quavinir IG or on the forums for coordinates to the next temporary "ghost shelters/spirit shrines," as it seems those in Norithel have been rather hastily removed...))

-------------------------------------------------------------

Deep within the darkest of woods, smoke coils, and torches cast more shadow than light.

The hateful, angry red aura of a Poltergeist tears at the world around the spirit of Silver and the spirit of Gold. A joyfully chaotic and vile clash of colours that make up the consuming black.

"The Darke is great and infinite, and it hides many of our number. Whereas some are lost, others we begin to find, and they too will fall in with the Sons of Shadow and Fate."

"Our numbers are few."

"Our powers only grow."

"And so it is that this day forth we welcome the Shadowed Scribe, Albinec Mountainwalker to our eternal circle. May he never fall into the Light of the Clerics nor into the Plane of the Uruks."

"As Silver stands eternal, the Darke reigns longer still. It existed before Time and it will exist even after it's end."

"As it was in the beginning, shall now, and ever after, be a world without end."

"Brother Scribe, welcome. May you find what you seek."

But even as the induction ends, another begins. A spirit of black with empty, grey eyes steps forwards, cloaked and hooded in the strange smoke and heat of those of the Second Coming.

"Welcome, brother. I do not know your name, but you are one of mine. Come stand with us and there shall be none to bar our Darke ways."

And so the spirit did, for this was the Captain Condemned, the messenger of the Black itself, peace-bringer of the Spirit-kind, and punisher of the vilified mortal.

"And so it begins, lliran."

OOC Application

Minecraft name: drfate786

Skype ID (optional): drfate786/patrick morin
Time zone: EST
Have you been banned sometime in the past 6 months? No, i was banned years ago. 
What are your characters? Is one of them a ghost? If not, would you be willing to make one and possibly PK a character to do it? I have no ghosts, and howard is but a farmer, i would be willing to make a new character and have him kill himself. 
What sort of allegiances have any of your characters held in the past? Howard has had neutral allegiances to house frost and staffyr and a few allegiances to lawful evil, such as necromancy. He was my only char so far but i intend on making a new char for this.

What sort of roleplay do you specialize in? (e.g. Peaceful, Conflict, Exploration, Spontaneous, etc.) Spontaneous roleplay, perfect for this kind of RP as a ghost/soul must be spontaneous in his actions to produce fear.
What do you believe are key factors for a successful spooky event? Fear, stress, paranoia, jump scares and more.
What strengths could you contribute to the Court OOCly? Are you knowledgeable in lore, great at organizing, good at building, a good writer, what? Don't have to get into detail, and doesn't have to be super amazing stuff, list it off. I am a great builder for spooky builds such as ruins and abandoned homes, i can build vast necropoly and taint lands as well. 
Why do you want to be part of the Court? I think ghost RP would suit me well, i wish to scare people out of their pants and make them fear me as i grow in power. :P
Create a distinct event you might do as part of the Court. 
Doesn't have to be long or detailed now, just decent!

The haunting of a girl: 

A girl enters a strange ruin, upon doing so, she would wander the ruin, as night time falls she sets up a camp fire within the ruin.  As the girl takes out her mirror she would see her face...only it would be the rotting face of  a deceased corpse, afterwards whispers would flood her mind from behind her, as she looks back she would see a dark floating entity grabbing her throat and ripping her eyes out, she would then awaken during the middle of the night only to see it was a nightmare, but soon after everything that happened in her nightmare would come to life and try to kill her.

Tell us what you expect personally from the Court. This doesn't particularly matter and is optional, however, your saying something will help us develop the group into what it needs to be. I expect the haunting of places that should be haunted and the slaughter of most people who wander into these places.

Finally... Do you agree to adhere to Supremacy's lore pertaining to the estrangement of mortals, among all other lore pertaining to proper Spectral ettiquette? 

Yes, i do.

((RP Application))

[!] The boom and rumble of hooves trampling the ground sound through the night air, seeking spirits of old and new alike. Taking the form of a ghostly rider, burning with fire and smoke, and sitting upon a vile horse, it hurls a dark, old, and crumpled scroll at your ghostly character's feet. Within the scroll is first written the Commandments of the Court and following that, it's purpose as a legislative entity bent on pursuing the survival and empowerment of all spectral-kind. Finally, there comes the actual letter itself.

You have been summoned to take up a role at the Spectral Court. Join us now, brother or sister in Death, and we shall attain Godhood together. Write the letter and call for the spirit of the Cavalier, and his protégé will soon ride to take you home.

Welcome back, friend of Darkness.

Your name and/or title. Asirith The Blighted

Your allegiances in life. Herecy and Iblees worship, life ended in suicide 11 years ago.

Do you agree to adhere by the Commandments of the Court, and to actively pursue and follow any future verdicts that the Court as an entity chooses to establish or abolish?

Yes, i do

Your age. Died at the age of 23, has been a ghost for 11 years.

((Currently unable to get on the computer atm, so I'll deal with any apps later, at best in a few days and at worst two weeks. Would like to point out to Fate that not all ghosts are malevolent, and that all bar Graven are physically incapable of doing such damage so as to kill directly. As such, one such expectation is unlikely to be met. The most likely occurence in such a happening as stumbling upon a haunting place would be the spooking of the mortal, possibly with serious injury at most.

Provided you still want to join, post again. I would also encourage one to, if planning to join as a Graven, to apply for a second generation Graven in the roster thread in the Roleplay forum.

Making this clear. You are not accepted, but you are not denied either. Think about this for a moment, as I am not certain this is what you are looking for. I believe you would be a welcome addition to the team, but something else may suit you better.

Pending.

Typed painstakingly on a tablet))

((Alright, so as fate has decreed that fate should not reply...

Denied, for the sole reason it seems he decided these characters were not what he was looking for.

Furthermore, people should watch out for us in the coming weeks... We are preparing to start our "guild" in earnest, and may or may not attempt the takeover of a certain marshy, evil area with particular benefits for ghosties...

In any case, ta-ta! I'm hoping those of you who have ghostly powers of any sort will join us there!))